User Reviews for Canasa

Ulcerative Colitis, Active 5 reviews 71 medications

7.2
Summary of Canasa reviews 7 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Canasa

For Ulcerative Colitis "Very Helpful. Because it is SO expensive, I would wait until it became really bad... Thinking "oh it'll get better". But I will share a trick I do. NOT DR. APPROVED. I use it full strength for 6 days (when I see real results... Do NOT stop treatment). Then I cut a 1/4 off of the small end of each, and collect them in a sandwich bag. Then I shake them to the bottom of the bag, let the bottom of the bag sit in warm water until I can roll a length/roll (while still in the baggy). let it cool then cut into sections for more suppositories... to extend my treatment or for emergencies. I also eat the same foods most EVERY Day. Avacadoes, white rice, soft scrambled eggs, bananas w/ p-butter, squash, oysters, refriedbeans, asparagus & can spinich"

DonLD September 14, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Gives me moderate headaches, acne, fatigue and susceptibility to infections when I use it but it does help to manage ulcerative colitis. I have to balance between the side effects of the medicine and the intestinal damage. My goal is to use it once a week."

Anonymous in US (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2015

For Crohn's Disease "Helped a great deal"

Anonymous February 7, 2012

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Colon pain and bleeding occurred while I was out of country. Doctor thought condition would improve on its own. Condition persisted for three weeks until Canasa prescribed. Two to three days after administering medication, symptoms disappeared. It is such a relief to no longer have the stress that occurs with illness. I am pleased that my physician recommended this of action, and wished I'd had this intervention sooner."

Anonymous September 13, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I used Canasa for 1 year and it seemed to lessen my flare ups. After one year my prescription discount has run out and can't be renewed for 6 months. Since Canasa is VERY expensive I'm not able to afford it. I've been off it for three weeks now and experiencing small flare ups, severe fatigue and cramping."

Rick0517 July 31, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This medicine stopped the pain of two severe colon fistulas (fissures?) in about three days. I'm very glad to have had it prescribed, and to my knowledge, no side effects."

Sickofbeingsicko April 4, 2010

"I was diagnosed with proctitis (only in the first 7 inches of the rectum) and had pain on and off every 4-5 months for 10 years until I got medicated for it. Canasa is great if you use it when symtoms arise and keep using it 5-10 days after symptom finishes. Remission for me is still 3-4 months but for now Canasa relieves the pain and inflammation."

Anonymous October 8, 2008

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "This is a 5-ASA suppository. Helpful in gaining control of a mild UC flare. No side effects. Fairly easy to "hold in" compared to Rowasa, but doesn't spread as far, pretty much only the rectum. A little lube helps, I also knock off the rough edges on the blunt end."

Anonymous April 2, 2008