User Reviews for Miltown

Learn more about Miltown.

Anxiety 3 reviews 63 medications

Summary of Miltown reviews 3 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Miltown

For Anxiety "Great medicine for my panic attacks, generalized anxiety disorder and fibromyalgia. It is very calming for me and not too strong. I can't tolerate many medicines, and this is the only one that does not "back fire" on me and give me worse problems than I started with. It may be the oldest of it's type, but for me...it is the very best and for me, the safest with no side effects."

wyliesmom December 17, 2014

For Anxiety "Benzodiazepines, are way better. Valium or clonazepam have a VERY long half life.(last about 18-24hours) This medicines work great for me, for overall Anxiety. In my case Xanax is the only drug that helps with my Panic Attacks. It works the fastest. And that is very important, when you have a bad event, like Panic Attacks. Not Anxiety attacks, there is a big difference. Panic is a Event(Can last awhile).These can give you aftershocks after the initial event and initial dose of Xanax. Anxiety attacks don't last long, and are not near as bad. Panic Attacks can be up to 10 times worse, than anxiety attacks. No triggers needed for Panic, in my case. Anxiety attacks usually center around stress, difficult situations, etc."

LB40 (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2013

For Anxiety "I have chronic panic disorder with agoraphobia and due to the fact I have not responded to any antidepressant and have only had a moderate response with benzodiazepines (I was taking Xanax XR) I spoke to my doctor about trying Miltown (meprobamate), the first anxiolytic in history, just to see if it can help. I take 400 mg four times a day (1,600 mg) and I have, to my surprise, actually found it to be fairly effective. I was particularly surprised due to its low potency, 0.5 mg of Xanax is considered bioequivalent to 1,400 mg of Miltown. It takes longer than Xanax, Ativan, or Valium to work and I have noticed I can "feel" when Miltown starts to work where as I did not with benzodiazepines (bad). Good novel treatment."

raraider February 17, 2011