User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate to treat Bowel Preparation

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I did not have the terrible experience others have described. I started by eating light the day before with a high fiber cereal for breakfast and again for dinner. I took a Colace before bed and with these pre-prep additions, I was already clearing out before I started the Suprep. I had my prep cold and then added filtered water. I used a thick milkshake straw and put on back of my tongue. Finished the drink in two gulps followed by lemon wedge. Five minutes later the butt faucet turned on. No cramps, nausea, vomiting, or headache. I did put Desitin on my bottom to help keep the skin from getting raw. I also used soft baby butt wipes for sensitive skin for the same reason. Next dose in 4 hours and I'm no longer worried about it."

TrixieB July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Reviews said that this tasted like salty cherries. Being the salt fanatic I am, I thought I'd enjoy this concoction. It smelled pleasant and looked like water which further tricked me into thinking it wouldn't be bad at all. WRONG!!! The first gulp I took was torturous, sending a cringe down my entire body and leaving the worst taste in my mouth and making me dread the rest of it. I added a straw, which made it more bearable, but I also cut up some lemons and took a big ol' bite of it after each chug to erase the unbearable bitterness. 2nd round of this, I almost couldn't bring myself to drink it. I added lemonade mix, didn't help, and was making me gag. But it emptied me out GREAT which is why I give it a 6"

Jordy bo (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This was my 5th colonoscopy and 5th different prep. I was happy it was only 16 oz. twice. However, 15 minutes after the 5:00 dose I was physically ill which never happened with the other preps I have used. By 7:30 I vomited after willing it to stay down that long. When the 9:00 dose came along I tried to sip it between 9:00 and 10:00 pm. I got 8 oz. down and literally projectile vomited at 10:00. Nothing else was going down. Like many others I had a headache, bloating, and cramps. Bottom line I was sick from the prep. The nurse the next day said she has heard this from many people and I was possibly allergic to it. I would not recommend this to a first timer. Nor will I ever use it again. I would rather drink the gallon prep."

Cyclebabe (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Horrible!!! I vomited, had bad cramps, the worst taste & smell all night then had to do it all again in the morning. I've had the worst headache ever & I'm still sick a full day later"

Dreadful!!!Horrific!!!BAD July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "First dose went down OK. Second dose couldn't get it all down or would have thrown up what I already drank. Glad I had baby wipes. Actually, don't wipe just dab. Hope I don't have to do this again for a long time. Had some time to think sitting on the commode.....There are satellites in outer space that can see a candy bar wrapper on the sidewalk in front of your house, you would think someone could come up with a better way to do this. Maybe the medical community should talk to NASA!"

scardyKat July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Not that bad aftet worrying from reading reviews.. Not great tasting took few sips each time about 5 mins to get it down...started in 10 mins or so with bowel movements ...mostly water..and they slowed down in a hr. 3 hrs later still having pretty much like pee coming out but definitely slowing down. I hope morning goes as well as now....really no need to worry ...way better than expected...guess it was better to be prepared for the worst."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Tastes absolutely disgusting. I did not read reviews prior to taking this product. Dreading taking the 2nd dose tomorrow. I experienced nausea, abdominal cramping, and headache with the use of this product. I noticed in the comments some people added other flavor liquids to this product but the instructions specifically state not to do so. I've had other colonoscopies performed in the past using various different prep methods. This by far is the worst. My doctor convinced me to take suprep as opposed to the Crystal light and miralax method. Come to find out with my insurance the suprep would have costs $70! I called my Dr's office to let them know I couldn't afford the out of pocket expense and they gave me the product for free as a sample."

D. Davis July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Please don't believe all of the negative anxiety hype. Mix with Gatorade/water, straw at the back of the throat..take a huge drink and suck on the lemon wedge as a chaser. Took me just three times to finish the 16 oz. Of course, I had a Catholic priest, a Haitian voodoo doctor, three Tibetan monks and a faithful follower of Brother John Birch by my side....just in case."

In & Out July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Not bad at all. Held my breath and downed the whole 16oz in one chug. 45 mins later, plenty action in the plumbing. No pain, no nausea. Don't believe everything you read."

Mikemikefjjfjdjdjjdnn July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I give this a 10 due to how well it gets the job done. The taste I cannot even explain. Be prepared for wanting to puke every single time you drink it. Smell delicious, like cherry koolaid but that is most definitely not what it tastes like. Started my prep at 6pm. Took about an hour, hour and a half to kick it. Completely stopped going at 2am. I have to take my second prep at 6am.. not looking forward to it."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I read all sorts of horror stories and I was terrified of this medicine and what to expect. 1) the taste didn't bother me WHATSOEVER. I've had cough syrup that tasted so much worse. It tastes like salty cherries, and I had no problems drinking it. It was almost pleasant. I chilled it prior to drinking and drank it like a beverage (mixed with water). 2) I experienced no nausea, no headaches, no cramping, none of the horrible side effects I read about. Just a faucet butt about 15 minutes after I drank the dose that lasted intermittently for an hour. Really not that bad. The anxiety was so much worse and really, there was nothing to stress about."

Itsnotthatbad (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I wish I could say the taste was the worst part. For me it was the two glasses of water you are required to drink after the first 16 ounces of Medicine. Apparently I drank it too fast as it bloated me up till I thought I would burst. Tried to burp but threw water up in my mouth. And like so many others here I am dreading the second dose at 2 a.m."

Notheruser (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): ""residual staining, small fragments of stool and/or opaque liquid" Boston Bowel Preparation Scale (BBPS) score equals 6. Seems like it could have worked better at its job to completely clean especially given the fact I followed the directions completely and the urgency was intense. I was not particularly pleased with having to go uncleaned out for my colonoscopy.."

bbps July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Finally cracked the code on this: 1) Got Suprep early and put it in the fridge to get COLD - put it in the coldest part of my fridge for good measure. 2) Day of prep, I mixed it with flat Mexican Coca-Cola (American Coke may do the same ... but there is a difference in flavor and sweetness). 3) Poured solution over a glass of ice and chugged it down with a large "milkshake" straw.. like the ones they give with Bubble Teas & Smoothies. This really changed my dread of the prep, while it didn't taste like a Chocolate Milkshake, I wasn't sipping and gagging on it for what seemed forever. Well, it worked for me ... maybe it will for you. :)"

Gigi Hudson Valley (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I was nauseated for a couple of hours after taking the first prep. It was effective in doing what it was designed to do. However, my side effects lingered for 2 weeks after the colonoscopy. I became severely constipated with stomach bloating and pain. I was beginning to think I had an obstruction. Even taking a double dose of Miralax and another laxative at night I was having very little success. After about 2 weeks the problem resolved itself and all was good."

PatNW July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This is my 2nd time using suprep and god I don't miss it, I had completely forgotten what it tasted like. While it does its job quickly and efficiently, it is the WORST tasting medicine for bowel prep that I've ever had. I have had multiple surgeries and I would have to say, next time I need something else. I cannot hold more than half of it down without almost getting sick. Honestly it would be so much better without any flavor. The only other downside is, you need to be near the toilet for the next few hours."

Young and Over This July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "After reading the horror stories, I was pretty terrified to use the Suprep kit before my first colonoscopy. I am happy to report that I had no problem at all. I took the first dose at 6:30 pm mixed with Propel electrolyte water(unflavored) and followed up with two 16 ounce cups of the Propel. The Suprep tasted awful-like poison, but I got it down using a big straw for a milkshake, and a clothespeg for my nose. Within the hour I pooped 5 times explosively and that was it. I was able to go to bed and get some rest with no issue. I then got up at 4am for the second round. Again it worked very quickly and I pooped out stuff that looked like pee a couple of times and I was done. I rested/slept on the couch until my appointment time."

Tizzylish26 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Effectiveness: Ok, this stuff really works. No cramping - just a liquid colon blow experience. Tips: Chill the bottles . Hold your nose and drink it quickly to get it over with . Wish I had read about biting into lemons and using lemonade to flavor it. Drinking with a straw sounds like it worked for many on here, but I just chugged it . And lastly but most importantly, pat , don't wipe. Better yet, use moistened wipes! The Bad News: Tastes so horrible and the thick texture is pure disgusting torture. I was nauseous for about an hour after drinking this vile stuff. Hoping something new is invented before I need another screening!"

Hotty potty June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I just took the first dose of this kit about 5 hours ago. I'm happy I read many reviews because some of the tips I feel definitely helped a lot. I read to start a liquid diet at least 3 days beforehand. I had been on clear liquids the week before, but started having a hard boiled egg in the morning, some egg salad or soup at night. So while I haven't done a liquid diet exactly, it's been soft foods and very little of it. I also read to slice a lemon and bite down on it after drinking the Suprep. The taste of the Suprep is awful because it tastes like salty cherry drink. For me, I gagged but it was more just the weirdness of it but I can't stress enough the lemon helped."

Sadiekat June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Took my first dose 2 hours ago. I smelled it and thought to myself "this won't be too bad.. It smells like cough syrup!" Well, two sips in I was gagging like no other. It took about a half hour to choke it down. Instantly, cramps and the worst nausea I've ever experienced. Slowly a headache added to my problems and I've been miserable since. First movement just happened and yeah, faucet-butt that won't shut off! It definitely works. But I'm scared that I won't be able to get my second dose down."

NoMorePlz (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I just finished my colonoscopy yesterday. The prep was not bad. I gave Suprep a 10 because it does what it should do with no unexpected side effects. I would recommend the following. 1. Take the prep using a straw. This allows the prep to miss the taste buds at the front of your mouth. 2. Take the prep standing up. Standing takes some pressure off your abdomen which helps reduce the bloating feeling. 3. I had to take the prep in 4 smaller doses, between each one I sucked on lemon flavored ice chips that I made. The cold helps dull the sense of taste, and lemon and water cleanse the pallet. 4. Walk around while taking the prep. It helps move the prep through."

Cleaned Out June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Very effective, but..... 1st dose at 6pm day before colonoscopy. Uncomfortable abdominal distension by 7pm, Nausea by 8pm. Movements did not start until 11:30pm and lasted all night (every 30 minutes or so) until time for second dose at 4:45am. My daily beverage of choice is water (+/-64oz) however, it would be great to drink just the bottle and not have to mix it with so much water (32oz) Exhausting, nasty and gross in more ways than one, but totally worth it considering it can save your life. ** pharmacy advised not covered by insurance so doctors office gave me a complete sample for free! **"

Wifey Z June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This gets a rating of 5 because it is absolutely the worst tasting stuff I have ever tried to drink. On effectiveness I would give it a 10. The taste is horrid though. I didn't get stomach cramps or bloated. Within 10 min of drinking I was on my way to the bathroom. But the more of this 14oz I drank the harder it became. I didn't get it all down. I knew my limit and if I continued I would have lost what I had already consumed. I'm dreading my 5am dose in the morning."

No name123 June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Took first dose at noon . Took me about 20 minutes to get it all down . Salty cherry taste is accurate . Could be worse . It started working about 10 minutes later . I have been in the bathroom since . Getting the additional water down was not difficult as I am a water drinker . I am not looking forward to the second dose at midnight also can't imagine there will be anything left in my system by then."

Kric June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Read these reviews ... "I will be fine. These things won't happen to me ...". Horrible tasting ! Got 1st bottle down. Put some lemon juice I. It. Boy, you had better be agile, after u take this. Took an hour to start, but THEN .. hardly any warning and then run to bathroom. This is way it continued for 1.5 hr and then pretty much let up, so I guess that part good. And after 1 bottle it was 90% good. Managed to get 1/2 bottle down in morn. BUT, could just not do any more ..YUCK "

Margolee June 23, 2017