User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate to treat Bowel Preparation

"A lot of people are not bothered by this, but I sure was. Chilled it, and used a straw, and sucked on a lemon. Managed to get the first dose down, although it took longer. The 2nd dose, at 3 a.m. did me in. I could only manage about 70% of it. I got nauseated and didn't want to throw up what I had already gotten down, plus I ran out of time to drink the water after. I ended up failing my colonoscopy-what a waste of everyone's time. Plus, I was still having episodes of diarrhea and was so afraid I'd poop my pants at the endoscopy center. Everyone there was great, but the suprep was a nasty experience. I will never do it again. If you have a hard time drinking or gulping fluid, and are usually just a sipper, beware......"

Un Happy (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

"Suprep was the most vile tasting liquid I have ever encountered. My first dose I added a lemon flavoring. Awful. Terrible. But I chugged it down somehow. Then came the two 16 glass of water. . . I was so bloated, and my stomach hurt - it was like I had the worst case of flu possible. The first dose worked within a half hour and lasted FIVE hours. Now the second dose. I did not add anything to the Suprep except the water - no flavoring. OMG, I could not get the entire dose down. I left only perhaps two gulps. Once again, the dose worked quickly and I thought I was completely cleaned out. However, after my procedure today, my doctor told me I was not cleaned out, but the Dr. was able to complete the procedure."

Fran from Florida (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I was dreading this, but I have to say it was not as bad as I was expecting. Your doc will probably give you a tip list...read it! Use COLD water, crystal light (I used the lemonade flavor), a straw, and hold your nose. Then suck on a lemon or lime. I am a pretty healthy eater and followed directions regarding foods to watch/eliminate in rather days prior to this. I think this helped tremendously! I ate a light dinner the night before prep started as well. The Suprep started to work in about an hour, and lasted about 2 hours. I was able to get some sleep, but had to get up at 3AM for round 2 as I had a 730 arrival. I had no issues/side effects."

Rminva (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "So I wanted to write this all out in hopes that it might help someone who was in the same boat as me facing the colonoscopy prep: filled with pure anxiety and fear! In the past, I tried only the GoLYTELY, enemas or dulcolax— all of which made me extremely sick. Based on my previous colonoscopy experiences I was so incredibly frightened that I would be in pain, writhing on the ground, nauseous and weak, feeling like I was going to throw up for hours on end. All those fun things. I think I most definitely had PTSD from my past. I scoured the internet recently looking for any tips from people and I gathered all of them into notes for me to follow the day of prep. I AM SO GLAD I DID. I can now say that I am no longer fearful of the prep and believe me that’s very hard to believe I’m saying that. Here’s my experience, I have no idea if it will work with every single person reading this, but I hope that it will provide some comfort. My doctor decided to give me SUPREP this time because there is less quantity that needs to be consumed. The few days leading up to the prep I ate a somewhat low fiber diet. On the day of the prep, I had a light breakfast-eggs and white toast and tea. Then throughout the day, I had chicken broth and Jello—just to keep my food intake up so I wouldn’t feel like I had such an empty stomach. Then an hour and a half before the first dose of the SUprep, I took prescribed medications Zofran to prevent nausea and Ativan to help with anxiety. Then at the scheduled time, I drank the first dose of the SUPREP. I made sure it was chilled in the fridge (which it has to be cold) and I had a straw to sip it, which helps. Now here’s where the important part came in. This stuff does not TASTE GOOD. I am not going to sugar coat the way it tastes. However, I equipped myself with lemon slices and gatorade and every time I took 3 sips of the prep, I quickly put a lemon slice in my mouth or took a sip of gatorade and swished it around my mouth. This helped with getting the taste out of the mouth. I have no idea what I would have done without those lemon slices. This actually was the most important tip of all. Then I drank my water and applied Desitin on my bum. This was the second important tip. This prevents the pain and soreness from all the wiping and BM’s. In the past using enemas or dulcolax, the BM’s hurt so bad and were so explosive, but these were not—they were warm and fairly gentle coming out most of the time. I had good BM’s for quite a few hours and then was even able to watch a few movies on my computer! Then I slept for a few hours and did the exact same routine again with the second dose, not forgetting to take the nausea and anxiety medication before drinking. This was a completely different experience than last time and I am so thankful I found these tips. I hope this helps someone out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Tasted good and was easy to consume. But the 2 step process did not clean me out as well as the 2 liter previous day process."

Kahuns December 23, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Took first 16 oz glass at 5 pm night before. No joke, was on the toilet in 5 minutes. Didn't leave bathroom until 7, that was about end of the first wave. Second glass at 145 am the morning of. Took about 10 minutes this time, but same result. Other than feeling a bit cold after taking it, I had no other side effects at all. Only downside was the taste. Was my first colonoscopy so had nothing to compare to, but it was hard to choke down. Definitely worth it in the end though"

Nysmet December 22, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This is my third colonoscopy. Sure, Suprep doesn't taste good, but it's no where near as bad as the Phosphosoda stuff I had years ago with the first procedure. That stuff was like drinking concentrated sea water. The Suprep was a walk in the park by comparison. The two day prep worked well for me and I think the bland, low bulk, low fiber diet two days before the procedure reduces the cramps and abdominal discomfort. Thirty minutes after the first dose it started working. I had a little nausea, a few chills, but nothing major. I have yet to take the second dose but don't anticipate any problems."

Hershey Squirts (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Suprep is much better than the prep I used 6 years ago. At 6 pm the first dose went down pretty easily. I chilled the prep in the fridge and added room temp bottled water. Didn't want it too cold cause I wanted to be able to chug it. The taste not too bad. I drank 32oz water chaser within 2-3 mins and felt pretty bloated, as expected after drinking a total of 48oz. Within 30 mins or so I was "Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl". Pretty steady for about 2hrs or so then it tapers off. No nausea, no headache, however I did have chills for about 1hr. 4am, round two was harder to get down. Couldn't chug it like I did on the first round. It took probably 10 mins including the 32oz chaser. 2nd round kicks in quicker, 100% fluid. Colonoscopy is EZ"

MudButt December 21, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I had read the tips and it worked well. Refrigerate the prep, get a straw and a lemon. Suck the prep as far back into your throat as possible. Just suck the whole cup down and then bite into a lemon wedge. It kills the taste off. It worked great for me! No problem. My problem has always been white coat syndrome, that is until I remind myself thats how I am . I had no other side effects. Just do it!"

RandyinLaguna December 19, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This is the 3rd time I have had to take a prep for a colonoscopy/bowel surgery but the 1st time with this prep. I have to say I prefer this one over the 1 I had before. It is much easier and less painful then drinking 8oz every 15 minutes with the awful lemon flavor. With suprep after finishing the 16oz with it and the 2 cups of water within an hour of starting I had to go. Any time I try to leave the bathroom I have to go right back. No pain, or discomfort experienced other then being stuck on a toilet for hours. I was scared of experiencing the same unbelievable pain I have had with other preps. I'm relieved this experience is so much better. The taste isn't to bad although I did take meds for nausea before starting."

Cry257 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Let give you my take on the medication. I was nervous about taking it after reading all of the other reviews. I prepared myself by wearing comfortable clothes and applying Vaseline to my bottom. I chilled the suprep for a day and mixed it as directed. I actually enjoyed the taste - like a mediciney grape flavor. I drank the entire thing and finished off the required 32 oz of water in about 15 minutes. I felt comfortably full for about 40 minutes until I had the urge to go. I had a smooth and (for me) quite a large movement. Had a few watery ones after that. I felt GREAT after the first round.I continued drinking apple juice and jello - as much as I could - until it was time for the second dose. Nothing but warm water came out. Loved it!"

Shelly anne 72 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "follow the directions. A little Vaseline on your bottom before you start. Lots of fluid during the process. Unlike others, I actually enjoyed the taste of it. After taking the first dose, I felt full but not uncomfortable. first bathroom visit in an hour. Very comfortable no cramps. Drank fluids and ate jello between visits. Felt tremendous relief after each session. Second dose even better, urges in 20 Minutes after taking. Large, comfortable watery visits that lasted a little longer and had more volume. Totally comfortable experience and I highly recommend it."

Anonymous December 16, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Had several colonoscopies, endured dreaded gallon GoLytly, NuLytly, MoviPrep, OTC Mag Sulfate/water mixtures. Pros: smaller amt of bad tasting prep. Thats it for Pros! Cons: within a few minutes of starting to drink, got nasty chills; lips/face and progressing thru the body, inside and out. Finger tips and lips turning bluish and my teeth chattering! I'm 48yrs. 5' 10" and 135# active female with no fear of vomiting after going thru chemo...but this was tough! Felt like sudden flu! Wicked nausea, nervousness, muscle aches, freezing cold, cramps, and if i sat up...barf! Took 2 hrs to work aftr being on 24h liquid diet. No sleep, just projectile water-shoot-poop for 8 hrs. 2nd dose=water running out rear uncontrolled! Prefer old MoviPrep."

WhatCanineParvoVirusFeelsLike December 7, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I used Suprep to have my first colonoscopy at 70. I followed a low residue diet for a week before the prep.(less in, less out) My evening dose of Suprep was easy: I chilled everything, added white grape juice for half the water, and used a fat straw for drinking. It wasn't bad at all especially if you pause to suck on a lemon. The a.m. dose was harder to take; who wants salty grape juice first thing in the morning when you're really hungry? The hardest part for me was drinking 32 oz. of water after the prep. I paced myself over the hour (don't chug!), had the water at room temperature, and about halfway stopped to have some salty broth to make myself thirsty. Suprep worked as expected with toilet times of about two hours for me."

dixie78 December 6, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I am a newbie at this stuff, and after reading the reviews, I was scared to death! Luckily I didn't experience the nausea most folks mentioned in their reviews...I was able to mix with water and chug it down, followed by the other 32oz of water, back to back. Not as bad as I thought, tasted like watered down, grape flavored drink, with lots of salt. Not too bad, I thought to myself! About 20 minutes later, all hell broke loose! I trotted to bathroom, and you better be close by as well! Around 3 hours of trips to the toilet the first batch did its job, quite effectively might I add....like a water jet for your bowels!! Never, and I mean never ever , trust a fart, sneeze, or cough! You will be in very dangerous territory!"

JA in GA (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "My prep instructions were one 6oz bottle the evening before and one 6oz bottle the morning of the colonoscopy. Both times were similar, started working within 20-25 minutes and lasted a couple hours. I mixed with Sprite. The review that mentions salty grape cough syrup was spot on. The first bottle wasn't terrible, the second one almost made me puke. Compared to other prep experiences I've heard outside of this site I think Suprep is probably one of the easier ones, of course everyone reacts different."

26 year old male (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I got Prep down within 15 minutes, then I drank 32 ounces of water over the next 30 minutes-they told me I had to get this all down within one hour-all of a sudden my stomach got bloated and started making noises and then the nausea came full force with mouthwatering and fierce chills and I ran to the bathroom and I vomited twice. I never expected this to happen because I never read the reviews until now. 45 minutes later I had a little bit of diarrhea, then a regular bowel movement, then about an hour later watery diarrhea, then full force liquid. Woke up at 4 AM nervous and did the 5 AM dose, this time holding my nose as I took five swigs each time, followed by water swishing around my mouth to get taste out. Prep works faster the Second time"

50 yr old 1st colonoscopy December 3, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Third colonoscopy for screening purposes, first time using Suprep. The split dosing worked great -- drank first dose from 4:30 - 4:45 PM, one hour later the poop parade began, and went perhaps 5 times over the next two hours, color was brownish-yellow by the end of round one. Drank second dose from 3:15 - 3:30 PM, liquid poop parade began 1/2 hour later, and was coming out clear yellow by 5:30 AM. Dr. said the preparation was very good. Suprep flavor is not bad -- I mixed it with ice water, drank it in three big gulps, chased with orange gatorade. It's a little gross, but take your time and sip other palatable juices in between and you'll be fine."

Colon-blow December 1, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This is my 3rd time to have a colonoscopy. I dint remember too much about the first one, the 2nd one was horrible with having to drink Golytely and now Supreme. The flavor isn't too bad, almost like a medicinal sweetart. I drank all of the first one without too much of a problem, although I did have projectile vomiting after I drank it all. Although it cleared me out pretty much with the first one. When I had to drink the 2nd one that was a different story. I was gagging and having a harder time getting it down, but it didn't take as long for things to start moving again. I wish I had known about the stuff to add to it before, but this worked."

Getitdown (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "Experience actually was pretty good. My doctor told me to take the first dose at 5 PM, followed by the second dose at 9 PM. After taking each those I was in the bathroom within 30 minutes. The only difficulty was just the taste but not nearly as bad as some of the previous reviews that I've read. I would have to say that the overall experience was tolerable. That said I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy."

LacrosseDude (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I used chilled Suprep with berry flavored Propel water, lemon, & ginger ale at 5pm. I plugged my noise, chugged it down in about 2 mins, after taste of grape. 32oz of water in about 45 mins. Started working in about 25 mins/camped out on the toliet for 2 hours. Netflix, a blanket, socks, wipes and PreperationH. Slight nausea for about 45 mins, chills for about 1 1/2 hour. The 2nd does was at midnight. Same chugging routine with berry Propel/lemon/ginger ale. Much harder to get down, left a 1/4 of it in the cup. Instant nausea/dizzy which lasted until procedure. Doc recommended NO 32oz water after, helped with nausea, just sips of water. 2nd dose lasted 3 hours of going to the bathroom. 7am colonoscopy and totally cleaned out."

RC in CA November 28, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "My suggestion for dealing with the taste: lime jello. I held my breath and swallowed about 5 swallows of the Suprep, then took a spoonful of lime Jello and swished it around my mouth like mouthwash before taking a breath. This almost completely eliminated tasting the stuff."

Anonymous 34Qd5 November 22, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "First off thank you to everyone that replied and posted there results. It was very helpful to me when I had concerns in the middle of the night last night. My experience wasn't so bad. I previously had to do the jug prep. That was so horrible. Suprep was a lot easier on me and the taste wasn't as bad as others have said it to be. Just drink fast. I took at 6pm and was fearful wasn't working as no BM until 1230am. I did have a lot of stomach pains though.Once started was easy and over within few hours. Took second dose at 6am and before could finish solution was running for bathroom. By 830am was clear and ready for procedure."

Staceyma1982 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "This stuff has 17 grams of Sodium Sulfate. Grab a periodic table and do the math. The extreme sodium levels in this stuff skyrocketed my BP and could have killed me. It went to 230/132. Do a search and you will find others who experienced this. NO warning about elevated BP anywhere in the side-effects. Really? NO sodium content listed. A bag of chips requires that, but not potentially lethal drugs? Something very wrong there."

Jazbo November 21, 2016

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate): "I took every-1's best advice (thx!) & created my routine: My last 'real meal' Sun; followed low/no-fiber diet & I never felt hungry. The 2 bottles of Suprep & Berry Propel water & a whole lemon were in fridge 3+ days earlier. Wed prep: I put 2 pairs of socks on, applied Vaseline, cut lemons into wedges, & sucked on the them between gulping the cold Suprep w/BP before the after-taste set in. All I tasted was grape. Yummy. I was able to drink it w/in 3 mins, & w/2 bottles of H2O w/in 20 mins. Was told to start 5pm, I began 4:15pm so I could have a good night's sleep. Didn't kick in until 5:15. Asleep by 8:20pm. Nurse said to drink #2 @ 4am for 7:15 arrival, but woke up earlier & took it 3am done by 5pm & slept more. Was clean as a whistle."

CallMeCrazyButILikedIt (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016