User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

7.4

Not Listed / Other
7.7

2 reviews
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 7.4 987 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Ok having read all these reviews and just been through the whole thing myself, here’s the deal. First- it’s not that bad so don’t be anxious. Second the tips that work are: cool down both the stuff and the water you mix into it. I found that drinking it through a straw just made the whole thing longer. The best way, as someone else suggested, is to pour it into a drinking bottle and just knock it down! Sips of ginger ale in between help. The two or 3 glasses of fluid you have to drink in the next hour is actually the hardest part for me! Yes, get next to a toilet. For me it started working an hour after I drank it and finished 2 hours later. Liberal use of Vaseline and wet wipes rather than toilet paper are recommended! The next morning - take an attitude of ‘its just gotta be done’- no worse than the night before. However I found the diarrhea came on more quickly the next morning."

50 sux! April 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It wasn't that bad experience overall. Chased the solution with 7 up and drank the recommended amount of water afterwards. Within 30 minutes it kicked in. 2nd prep solution was less tolerable, 7 up couldn't knock the taste and half of it came back up. I realize a completely empty stomach didn't help, but seriously, one size does not fit all. 6 ft and 225 lbs compared to 5 ft 130 lbs? It should be prescribed proportionally, especially the 2nd prep solution. I imagine throwing part of it up was the plan and insignificant."

Anonymous April 12, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "With this prep, what really affected me was reading the reviews about the horrible flavor. Since I suffer from constipation I took 4 Dulcolax the night before the day of the prep. I also ate a low fiber diet for a couple of days. Overall, it wasn't that bad. I mixed the cold solution with cold water. I held my nose and took a gulp. Then I exhaled and breath only through my mouth while sucking on some lemon wedges with sugar. I also took a tiny sip of chicken bouillon broth.I t took about 15 minutes to drink the solution. After drinking the solution I drank 32oz of lemon Gatorade and took about 30 minutes to drink it. I had bowel movements for about 2 hrs. I slept well. I took the second solution at 6AM. This time, I mixed it with Sprite and did exactly the same thing as with the first. I drank 32oz of water. The timing was the same. By this time, I'm just expelling water. My behind didn't suffer. I have a bidet sprayer and spraying myself helped with not irritating my anus."

Dmerrit (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I avoided a repeat colonoscopy for 20+ years because the prep (with Fleet) was so unpleasant. This was way better. Prep #1, 6 pm: I drank relatively small amounts at a time. Vitamin Water Zero lemonade cut the taste. It started to work within 20-25 minutes, and was mostly done in about an hour. No gas or cramps, just some gurgles. A little more over the next few hours. Easy. Prep #2 at 5 am: Not so good. I think I was trying to glug it too fast. Used the same chaser. Got the wrong result in 20-25 minutes: I threw up. A lot. But the Suprep still finished the job. Tips: During prep, wear pants or shorts with an elastic waistband. You won't have time to fuss with snaps/buttons/zipper. Don't leave the bathroom until you're positive you're done. I almost got caught one time, and I was only 20 feet from the toilet. Have in reach lots of reading material/music/videos plus the 32 oz. you need to drink over the next hour. Vitamin Water Zero lemonade was a good chaser."

Sudago April 7, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Like many, I dreaded the prep. I have IBS and GERD and was very nervous that I would feel awful. All my concerns were unecessary. The experience was far easier than expected. I started drinking the first dose at 5 PM. There is also a cloying after taste which is difficult to describe. I quickly solved this problem by brushing my teeth. (Why no one ever mentions that I'll never know!) The prep didn't bother my stomach as feared. No nausea, no cramps. About twenty minutes in I felt the need to go. It was merely like someone turning on a faucet. After two hours I was mostly done going to the bathroom. It was a little tougher to drink Suprep at 6 the next morning, but wouldn't you expect it to be? It 6 AM! Pro tip: Take an acid reducer like Zantac an hour before drinking this stuff. I would use this product again. My family members all used the gallon sized preps for their colonpscopies. I can't imagine doing that! A low volume prep like Suprep is the way to go."

First Timer April 7, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Due to a severe stomach pain, I had to have a colonoscopy and was given the Suprep kit. I read ALL of the reviews here and was trying to figure out an “easier” way for me to drink this prep. The first bottle I mixed with clear cherry gatorade, & not to bad. The best way I can describe the taste is very very bitter robatussin, but I believe the gatorade helped. Plus after every sip I chased it down with a sip of lemon lime gatorade and this really helped remove the after taste, which I strongly suggest doing. Took it at 6:15pm & it started working 40 mins later. Felt no cramping at all, no stomach pain or anything. I ended up drinking the first bottle and only 4oz of the second bottle. Doctor was able to get clear results so I guess I drank enough of 1st bottle, without having to drink the 2nd bottle. Overall this was not a bad prep method, & would pick this over any other. My mom is actually trying to switch her Golytle bottle for Suprep since telling her my experience."

SLV April 5, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "From experience to make prepping easier. Mix with lemonade Crystal light & refrig prior so cold. Sit forward & drink out of straw so liquid doesn’t sit in mouth. You will eventually have a hard to hold liquid stool. Buy small pack of adult disposable diapers & wear a nightgown. Apply baby Desitine or something so your bottom doesn’t become raw. Splurge & buy the expensive softest toilet paper with lotion in it. Buy a pack of adult disposable wet wash clothes."

Sick (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I’ve had several colonoscopies and this prep was by far the easiest. Yes, it tastes pretty gross but I had unflavored and it was tolerable. It worked within minutes but when it tapered off, I was able to sleep with confidence. Got up at 5am for second dose and found it more tolerable than the first. Knowing what to expect helped considerably. By 6:10 I was finished with all liquids and by the time I left for appointment at 8:15am, the urges were gone and I was done. Never felt that secure with any other prep. My advice is to keep in mind that prep is a necessity and your doctor wouldn’t have ordered the test if he/she didn’t find it necessary. Hated liver as a kid and had to eat it anyway. Liver is worse."

Ellie (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Prepping for my 3rd colonoscopy. 1st was in 2003 & used (per doctors orders): 2 Dulcolax pills, 1 enema, & magnesium citrate with a gallon of water. Miserable experience. New doc in 2013 & used Suprep (doc's orders). far easier than 2003 routine. Today prepping with Suprep. Don't remember it having tasted so awful! Maybe I shouldn't have read all the "reviews" beforehand, LOL. But they were very entertaining! I don't think the lemon helped, it's just another bitter taste. Tried alternating slugs of prep & Sprite, but that just made me burp and who needs to "revisit" that awful Suprep taste?! Best method for me is one swig prep, one swig apple juice. I wouldn't recommend chugging it, but it's torture to sip it. Straw no help. Worst part was getting 32 oz of water down within 1 hour of drinking prep...ugh...I was so bloated! Things started moving within 20 minutes and all done in about 1 hour. Round Two awaits! Good luck everyone☺"

Managing April 2, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My first time getting a Colonoscopy. I tried the prep, my insurance covered it. Anyway, make sure its cold, really cold. I drank first one at 4pm, then the second ,16 oz water. 1 hour later it kicked in and 2 hours later it was about done. It flushed me out, wow. The taste was tough but doable. Now the 4am one was really tough, so be ready for it mentally, it is a taste thing. Especially at that hour in the morning. It kicked in in 20 mins. Look the grumbling stomach doesn't go away until you eat when done with procedure. Anyway I had a pristine colon exam, that is the important thing. I'm 56 DR said see you in 5 years. Good luck."

Awesome (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Absolutely the worse tasting prep I have ever experienced. This is my 7th colonoscopy and I have tried many preps. Moviprep was better than this one. Usually I don't have nausea with the prep. Suprep caused nausea. 2nd dose coming up. I am dreading this!!"

Biceybelle (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I found this product to be VERY effective. The taste is not terrible (for me it tasted very gross sweet and salty), but I appreciated the ability to wash it down, as my tummy wasn't appreciating it. I had an issue with nausea especially with the second (4:30 am) dose, but my stomach is very sensitive so I expected as much. This side effect seemed to diminish the more I went to the bathroom. I was on the commode from 6:30 pm until about 11pm non-stop with the first dose and again with the second dose (I was still having to go up until the procedure was done). My worse side effect was bottom soreness to do the frequency of going to the bathroom I thought the cost of the product to be a bit much (it was close to $90 I believe, which thankfully my insurance covered most of. However I did have very clear reading so the product does the job."

Andrea (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Well, I read everything on this site before using the Suprep bowel prep kit before my colonoscopy and I tried everything. This stuff is terrible! They really need to make it into a pill or something. I throw up twice each time I used it. It made my face itchy and red. I had a terrible headache the entire time. Some people below said they were on the toilet for about 2 hours, not me. I was on the toilet for 2 days. It cleared out my bowels but the adverse effects are not worth it. It tastes terrible (ever with Gatorade), it makes you burp, it will be like peeing out of your butt for like two days, your butt will be raw before you even make it to the colonoscopy, it makes you throw up and possibly break out into an itchy rash. I hated this stuff. When I have to do this again in 5 years I will be trying something different and I hope that they have a pill by then."

MD Colon (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was concerned after reading some of the reviews, but my actual experience was great. The taste was not at all a problem for me. I did drink some 7-UP with it just in case. I had no side effects and and it did the job."

Anonymous March 26, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Chilled the suprep and mixed it with ice water. I chugged it in three minutes. The taste is mild and not bad at all, like a watery grape Gatorade. If you have ever done a shot of liquor, this is nothing. It started working in ten minutes and I’ve gone twice for about 15 minutes both times. It’s all water and doesn’t hurt. I didn’t have any cramping or nausea. Like someone stated before, you can have your Dr. prescribe a nausea med to take beforehand if you’re prone to that."

Otis (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 4th colonoscopy coming up in about 4 1/2 hours. I think this prep kit is the best compared to what I went with 8 years ago for 1st procedure & 2nd one that followed 2 years later. Suprep is quick & I am someone that struggles w/being regular. I rated this a "10", but the taste isn't good. I just tried to compare it to taking "shots of spirits". I hate "shots" so I had a iced tea/lemonade drink in one hand next to me every time I took a hit of the Suprep. It made it far easier & also agree that you don't have cramping with Suprep like other meds in the past. It is fast acting so don't stray far from a bathroom."

ecosm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My experience with Suprep could not have been better. I took the first bottle at 6pm: I drank it normally (no straw or nose plug) and didn’t find the taste terrible: like a salty cough syrup. However, given the taste is intense, I drank it all at once. I started having bowel movements in about 30 minutes, until almost 11pm (the most intense phase during the first two hours). I did not sleep much (probably 45-50 minutes) and woke up at 4.45am for the second bottle. The effect of the second bottle was shorter (by 8am bowel movements ceased, and at the end I was only passing water) and I was ready to go to my 9.45am appointment. No side effect whatsoever: no nausea, no cramps, no bloating. Just painless diarrhea and some weakness on the morning before the exam (probably due to fasting and dehydration). I used sheabutter to relieve the skin given the frequent bowel motions."

Stefano (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Hi everyone- just wanted to add my experience. Based on the advice of others, I chilled the Suprep and water, used a straw (smoothie straw) and had lemon slices to bite between sips of the mix. I found the taste to be ok - not bad, like others have said similar to a cough syrup. I started round one at 6:00 pm. I gave myself a half hour to get the mix down. After which I started my first 16oz water. By the time I finished that first water I was in the bathroom on and off for three hours. I was able to rest that night but not sleep (too anxious). Started the second round at 4:00am with the same results. My exam was at 10:30pm and was a success. Before doing the Suprep I was reading all of the reviews on this site I was mortified, but my take away was the taste wasn’t all that bad. Drink it slowly (straw & lemons might help) Thanks for all of tips and I hope my experience helps others."

Jim March 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Was very nervous to begin the process for my first colonoscopy and the Suprep but knew I had to go through with it. Thanks to the reviews I had read I made sure to put both bottles in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours prior to the first dose and I also used bottled water which I had in the refrigerator as well. Bottom line get the stuff as cold as possible and drink it with a straw. Took me about 10 minutes to get the first dose down, the taste was weird - not really bad -but I did suck slightly on a lemon afterwards. My biggest side affect was a slight headache and chills which lasted a couple of hours and the same thing after the second dose at 2 in the morning. But the stuff did the trick and I followed the directions to the letter to include the two 16oz of water after each dose. Don't let some of these reviews scare you from getting the colonoscopy the whole process isn't pleasant but it isn't THAT bad."

Scardy kat March 17, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The first prep went pretty smoothly. The taste is weird but was tolerable (be sure to refrigerate it) and the BM’s started after about 15 minutes and last on/off for 3 hours. The second prep, at 1:30 am! was a disaster. The taste bothered me this time but I finished it. BM’s started shortly and 5 hours later I’m still in/out of the bathroom. As well at about 2:30 I vomited several times and could not control the bowels while doing so. This was awful! Shower, laundry, clean up of the bathroom in addition to general discomfort and tiredness."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was so anxious to prepare for, and have , a colonoscopy. I am glad so many posted about the Suprep. I just returned home from the colonoscopy, which came back all clear! I took my first dose at 6pm last evening. It is very hard to get down. I just drank small sips of water and ginger ale after large sips of the prep. (Adding other flavors or lemon did not work for me). I did feel nauseous after drinking it but once it settled and began to work, that went away. The bowel movements were every ten or so minutes , no pain , or cramping. It was hard getting the second dose down at 2:30 am. I did not finish all of it, I left a small amount. I was getting nauseous and felt it was better to keep most down than finish a tiny bit more and vomit it all up. The second dose finished to completely clean my colon. As bad as the drink was, having the colonoscopy was more important."

Sandy March 13, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Maybe I am an exception to the rule. I found the taste interesting. The first taste on my tongue was bitter. Then it tasted like the white residue from an alka seltzer. Then it had a sweet finish! This is my first colonoscopy. Going I today at 3:00 pm. Still have to take my second round at 11:00 am . Wish me luck gang!!"

Deni (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Everyone else I know used the Miralax method and said it wasn't that bad but did make them nauseous due to all the liquid they had to drink. Some said it took too long to work. I'm glad I was given Suprep because it worked very well for me. Here are the bullet points: 1). Grape taste wasn't that bad but was way too sweet with artificial sweeteners. Not bad though. Do not use lemon wedges to hide taste! The small amount of pulp can negatively alter your colonoscopy. Just take a sip of Gatorade if the taste bothers you. 2). Started working in 40 mins. 3). No cramping or pain, just a little rumbling. 4). Slight headache.(Lack of electrolytes). Drink Gatorade or Pidialite. 5). Stay very close to the bathroom! When it's time to go, it's time to go!! It's like water, so not much noise! Lol. 6). 2nd dose was even easier. I guess because I knew what to expect. Overall it was an ok experience! Bottoms Up!"

Grape? March 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First time getting checked, took first dose tasted like salt and cough syrup, use a straw and COLD water, went 6 times. Second dose went 5 times , not any side effects at all. Very easy and does a good job."

Doug (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I chilled everything, got a bag of lemons, and had my doctor fill a script for anti nausea meds. This stuff tastes like death! I was gagging and nearly vomited numerous times. The straw and lemons definitely helped. I believe the anti nausea meds kept it down. I think I would have vomited big time without the meds. I started the first round with meds at 4:30 and Suprep at 5:00. I didn’t finish the death juice until 5:35. At one point, I was sobbing because I just couldn’t drink it. Who needs water boarding when you have this torture method? I followed the Suprep with 32 ounces of Gatorade. BIG mistake, my stomach hurt so bad. By 6:00, lots of bathroom action. It was like a tornado. This lasted for about an hour - I literally didn’t get off the toilet. I held off wiping as much as possible and dapped Destin whenever I thought I had a minute break. I had cleaning products in the bathroom and used them when I thought it was safe to get off the toilet for a moment."

First Time VA Gal (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018