User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Bowel Preparation
7.4

1,050 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 7.4 1,050 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Just started drinking and it is disgusting!!! There has to be a better way. I don’t remember it being this bad tasting 5 years ago."

Andy August 15, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "The worst experience ever. Because of this horrible prep and the side effects it caused me I will never have another colonoscopy. Now that I found there were better ways I will no longer use the idiot doctor I used."

Rita (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is the first time I have prepped with Suprep and it will be my last. Having had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for over 40 years I am an old pro at colonoscopies. This new prep was the worst ever. The taste was horrible and the clean out continuous for hours and very painful. Have had 2 total joint replacements and 4 c-sections and none of these things compare to the level of discomfort I have experienced with this prep. I know the procedure will be a breeze after this horrible prep."

Ronnie (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "They really need to offer an unflavored formulation. I managed to get the first dose down within about 20 minutes followed by both cups of water in another 10. No problem. The second dose (midnight) was another story. I had extreme nausea and gagged with every sip. No matter how much I diluted it with water I was still gagging. I got about 2/3 of it down and then had to switch to plain water. Was still nauseous prior to the morning procedure. Threw up during the procedure but luckily did not aspirate anything. Dr. said the cleanse level was good, but I assure you I will not be using SuPrep next time unless it's unflavored."

Tree (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My first ever Colonoscopy. I am confident about my GI doc just scared on the taste of Suprep. I have a really bad gag reflex so I am expecting that I would throw up. I did once on each dose. I have to find a moment each time I took a sip and cover my mouth with a towel. Swallow then sip a water. Then play a game on my iPad. Then wait for another moment to take another sip. Took longer for me finish the Suprep but it works. I had chills and got nauseous. I have been using baby wipes for years down there so my bottom didn’t hurt that much. Baby rash cream helps, too. Talking to yourself in the mirror to suck it up and drink it up helps a lot. May your experience with Suprep is better than what I’ve been. Today, Aug 9 is my procedure and looking forward to it."

Grace (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "For the guy who described it as 'salty robitussin'- spot on description. Not my favorite but I found it to be nowhere near as awful as some experienced. A little like Sucrets lozenge-flavored punch was my impression. Probably won't be adding it as a drink mixer anytime soon, but perfectly tolerable."

awgreg (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This does taste bad but just drink it fast after mixing with cold water. It’s better than drinking the one that has lots more water. I am on a clear liquids for 3 days and taking 1 dose in the evening. On the morning of procedure, I will take the last and 4th dose. Took Dramamine for the nausea which seemed to help. I am on the 3rd day. So far everything is on schedule. This is better than the other 2 prescriptions that I have used. I do have a porable DVD player to occupy my time in the bathroom—-Jumangi and the Jurassic movies. Lol "

Betts (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I actually sent a comment to the company that makes Suprep to complain about the taste and how hard it is to get it all down. I admit the product works - if you can get it all down without vomiting. However, why not do something to make it easier to get down?? Well a rep from the manufacturer actually called me back the next day and had the nerve to tell me that people she spoke with actually LIKED the taste- seriously??? That is NOT a taste found in nature that people would say they liked. My husband and I couldn't stop laughing!! So, in other words, they don't care if you like it or not - you are a captive audience so suck it up :)."

Summergirl9 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "There’s no other way to describe the taste than totally repulsive! Think of salty robitussin... the only way I could get it down was to hold my nose and chug it through a straw while having a sour candy in my mouth and a chaser of ginger ale. It took two hours for the first dose to kick in. I just finished the second dose. I hope it does it’s job because I don’t think I could ever gulp down more of this again."

A mom August 5, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Pretty sure I over did it but hey, it wasn’t bad. Get a dryer sheet, hold it in front of your nose and breath through it until you do your chaser. I mixed the prep with a half a thing of crystal light. I then mixed it with ice water and poured into three glasses. IMPORTANT: gargled with strong listerine before each of the glasses. Drank through a straw. Sucked in a slice of lemon (that I coated in sugar) after each glass and then sipped some warm water. Worked SUPER well for me who has a massive gag reflux and loathes liquid medicine with a passion! Thanks for all the tips"

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Well, after reading the many negative reviews on this site I was VERY afraid to use it. At least for me, it worked well. The hardest part was drinking it, although I did use a straw. Best to sip it slowly. Still the taste is pretty horrible and I hoped I would not vomit. Then there is quite a bit of stomach discomfort and gas and cramping for less than an hour. If you get past that you got it made. The first of the 2 split doses began producing bowel movements an hour or so after taking the Suprep AND the two 16 oz cups of water over the next hour. But the 2nd dose at 5:15am the day of the procedure starting giving me bowel movements right as I was finishing the 2nd cup of water. On day one the bowel movements went on almost 2 hours then I thought they were done, but I had a couple small ones like 5 hours or so after starting the SUPREP. It was better on day 2. Done with the BMs about 3.5 hours after beginning the Suprep. Good luck."

Wolfgang (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My dr had me actually take 4 bottles. I had a 6 day prep. Day 1 bottle 1: I added the required amount of water and then added ginger ale. It took much longer than an hr to drink that and 32 oz of water. Day 2: linzess and dulcolax x4. Day 3 bottle 2: I added the water than ginger ale and crystal light. The crystal light made it taste better. Day 4: magnesium citrate and dulcolax. Day 5 night before colonoscopy bottle 3: I went back to my college days and lined up 16 shot glasses and poured 16 shots of that nastiness and put crystal light in each shot. I did a shot a min for 16 mins. These works so well! Day 6: 5am took the 4th bottle and did 16 more shots. It worked like a charm! 6 days of ugh!!! I’m am so thankful I spent my college days at the bar! I knew learning how to take shots instead of learning sociology would pay off one day."

Smashley (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "If you can tolerate the taste of this prep, you're a better person than I! Can't pinpoint the taste but it reminds me of the pink childhood antibiotic which I think had somewhat of a cherry taste only more sour. Vile!! Had to drink the first of the additional 16oz immediately after to get the horrific taste out of my mouth. Stomach is totally distended from all the liquids. Hopefully I will be able to get the 2nd additional 16oz down without too much distress. There really should be adjusted quantities to coincide with your body weight and eating habits. I don't eat, or drink a lot so to consume 48 oz within an hour is quite a lot!! Tolerated Prepopik with last colonoscopy very easily however, new doctor, new drug of choice. Will NOT be doing this prep again in the future, even if I have to change doctors!"

NF Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my third colonoscopy and the prep I took the first two times surprisingly did not taste bad. This time I had a different doctor and Suprep was oh so different. I did not think to read reviews beforehand because the previous prep drink went down easily. With Suprep I could only take a few sips at a time, but got it down in 10 to 15 minutes. I was relieved to drink water after that. I eat quite a bit of fiber and my first cleanout was not bad, probably on the toilet only three times. But I got chills and felt nauseous, with the latter something I don't remember from the preps. I went to bed for a few hours. I did my first prep at 10 a.m. and the second was at 6 p.m. This time it was even harder to get the drink down. My husband and I were watching a DVD and every few sips I told him, "This is awfu!l!!" Having a chaser would have helped. I had maybe six to eight small movements this time. I was not nauseous and the chills were fewer."

Every Five Years July 26, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Took suprep for my first colonoscopy. My Gastro Doc instructed me to take the first dose at 4pm. I had already taken my normal miralax and dulcolax the night before and had lots of cramping with those but a small bowel motion (BM) . Maybe thirty minutes prior to the suprep I began having gas then progressed from soft to liquid bm. I had more than 10 BMs that were initially brown then somewhat yellow. I was instructed to take the next dose at 9 pm. I was reluctant to take another dose but I'd rather be up all night on the throne than to have to repeat all this because I didn't follow the directions. Its 1am and I'm still going from my recliner to the toilet. Now it appears that I am excreting pure water. Its clear and I'm confident that I will be good to go in the morning other than all the achey muscles and lack of sleep. Only complaint is the taste but I guess it could be worse."

Nothingsleft (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Much better than the old prep I used 9 years ago. The taste was not too hard to tolerate. I mixed with cold water and a packet of Chrystal Light Lemonade. I did not experience any nausea. I was very well hydrated prior to starting to take the prep, which might have helped. I drank the other two 16 oz's while still standing at the sink. I stayed in bed until I felt the urge to go. Throughout the experience I never had any cramping, only the urge to go, like RIGHT NOW! When I sat down to go it was like someone turned on the water faucet for a short blast and that was it for that time. This continued every 1/2 hour to 20 minutes for about 2 1/2 hours. Every time I eliminated, I drank a glass of water or Gatorade to stay hydrated. Advice - Drink plenty of fluid before and during prep. Use cold water and Chrystal Light flavoring. Don't forget to apply a little Vaseline to your bottom before your first trip to the bathroom. Baby wipes will be your friend! Good luck!"

Glad Its Over July 24, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm only on my first dose. Mixed the bottle with water to the 16 oz line on the cup. Drank it as quickly as possible since it smelled so fruity. Tasted fruity and salty. Not the best, but tolerable. Followed it up with 32 oz of water in the next hour as directed. After 40 minutes it started the flow out my backside. I could tell I was going to vomit so I grabbed the trash can and had it coming out both ends!! The vomiting stopped pretty quickly and the flow out the back end lasted two and a half hours on and off. I'm not looking forward to the second dose, but I think I'm already cleaned out from the first dose. Was on clear liquid diet all day. First does at 5:00, second one will be at 11:00, per doctors instructions. Good luck to all that have to use this product. It works, but it's brutal."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Ok I read all the reviews on here before hand and was thinking everyone was being dramatic and it actually is tolerable taste wise. I was very wrong. It’s absolutely awful. You’re supposed to drink it along with 32 oz of water within 2 hours and I’ve been trying to finish it for over 2 hours now. I’ve tried lemon slices, jolly ranchers, mixed it with lemon gatorade, chased it with ginger ale, gatorade, a slushee, nothing is helping. I still have almost half left. There’s no way I’m going to be able to get the second round down so I’m praying this one cleans me out completely. The taste is absolutely horrendous though. It tastes like there’s 3 cups of salt in old cherry cough medicine. I can’t swallow more than two gulps without gagging and having to drink something else."

mci (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Started the preparations at 3 pm. I followed the 16 ounce mixture with a 16 ounce glass of water. About 25 minutes later the flow started. Kind of came in waves. Drank the second 16 ounce glass of water at 45 minutes from start. Finally got off the toilet at 6:20pm. Other than a slight nauseated feeling the remainder of the evening, no other bowel movements. Woke up at 1:30 am and had a short watery bowel movement. The morning prep I started at 4:25 am. As I did the day before, I drank the mixture and followed with a glass of water. 15 minutes later I drank the second glass of water. Immediately thereafter the watery bowel movements began. Now 7:10 am and it appears that things are complete. Discharge nearly clear. Overall the Suprep seems to have been a success. Not the best taste, a somewhat salty grape flavor, but not intolerable. There was no cramping. Just to inform you, I did not eat anything the day of the prep. It was exactly 24 hours earlier that I had my last meal."

Steve P July 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Suprep is the worse drug that I have ever been prescribed. The taste was intolerable, the pains in my stomach were severe, and I was overwhelmed with the explosive vomiting that the drug caused. Why are these side effects acceptable?"

Bipps mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Honestly mixing it with crystal lite made it taste like a salty margarita. At first ok then towards the end able to push through. I was also worried that I would throw up but it was all ok. At first after the suprep and the 32oz of water I felt like I was going to. But after about 30 min it went away. Make sure you have another drink to take sips of between. Overall not a bad experience. I was terrified and expecting the worst. Glad its all ok."

Thank goodness (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Tastes awful, first half I mixed with gatorade and I could barely keep it down. I took a sip then a sip of water. I finished 80 percent of it.about 15 minutes later the grumbles started and shortly after that it was like a faucet out my backside. It lasted about 1.5-2 hours a lot of back and fourth from bed to toilet. Do not go far - you might think you have gas - you don't run to the toilet. Anyway second half I did an hour earlier than I was supposed to because I didn't want any accidents during procedure and I followed directions and just added water. Even worse then the first time. So do the gatorade. Procedure done and polyps removed and all is good. Best of luck"

Kcg (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Now I know what it feels like to have Cholera. Seriously. Ever seen the TurboLax scene in Dumb and Dumber? Well, this is worse. It tastes like chewing aspirin and immediately gave me a headache and nausea. The diarrhea started about 30 minutes later and hadn't stopped by the time I had to take the next dose. Golytely made me horribly sick to my stomach, but I'm not sure that this is better. Even with this, I had to starve myself all day. Next time, I'll just starve myself for a few days."

TTinSC (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "As you already know, the stuff tastes horrible (the aftertaste). Do yourself a favor: DO NOT READ ALL THE NEGATIVE POSTS HERE. If you do, it will 100% affect your experience, as it did mine. Have a chaser and you will be fine. I did NOT put the liquid in the fridge (pharmacist said no!). I mixed it with ice water right before I drank it, and that was enough. Don't think about it too much. Make it fun. Put on the Rocky theme song and film yourself. Get your mind off it. I would not use a straw. Seems that would prolong the experience. Just pick it up, take 3-6 chugs and then grab your chaser. Do that 3-4 times and you are DONE. When you are gulping, you really do not taste anything until you stop, and it goes down fast! My second dose was at 12:30am. I would not want to get up at 12:30am and chug chocolate milk! It was not as easy as the first time since it was..... 12:30am. Had the procedure this morning and I am all clear. Next one, 10 years from now!"

Wasafraidbuttnowiamnot July 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "At 5pm last night, I took my 1st dose mixed with the 8oz of water as directed. Horrible stuff, almost threw up a couple times but held it down. Within 20 minutes it started working. Followed it up with two 16oz cups of water. At 10pm last night, I took 10 oz of magnesium citrate. Again, doesn’t taste good. Was in the bathroom until 230am. Slept until 5am when I had to wake up for my 2nd dose of the prep. I followed all instructions, didn’t eat the day before, clear liquid diet, nothing after the 2nd dose. Just had my colonoscopy done and they said I must have done something wrong and called it a suboptimal prep. I’m irrate, all that nastiness and discomfort for nothing. Now what do I do to figure out what’s going on with me?"

JW (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018