User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Bowel Preparation
7.3

1,100 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 7.3 1,100 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My experience was good. I am 5'7" & weigh 135lb. I took one and a half bottles of the prep, though directed to take both bottles, and it worked perfectly. Very gentle. No nausea, vomiting or cramps. Bloating, yes, but brief as it worked quickly. You must drink two 16oz glasses of water after each dose. Being well hydrated alleviates cramping & bad side effects. My two doses were 2pm (1 bottle) and 8pm (1/2 bottle). I liked this schedule because by 10:30pm the ugliness was over. I slept the night without a bathroom visit. I have an irregular heartbeat for which I'm on Toprol XL. I did experience a brief episode of racing heartbeat when I awoke, but it subsided. I am certain it was the prep as that isn't typical. Cons: awful taste that makes you cringe; the taste remains in your mouth the next day despite toothbrushing. Pros: gentle, no painful cramps, fast acting and, for me, the cleansing took less time than past prep solutions."

Juli October 10, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I took the first dose at 6 pm, got it all down within 10 min and 36 oz. water within next 20 min. Fast forward to 4 am and second dose. I have had some stomach gurgling but have not gone to the bathroom yet. I got second dose down same as first, all suprep and water within 40 min. I wil be leaving for my colonoscopy at 7:30 am, so I hope this works before then. 1 HR 45 min after 2nd dose, had a small normal movement. Right now it doesn't look good for my 8 am appointment. 2 hrs and 20 min after 2nd dose, the diarrhea started. Within 45 min it was mostly clear/yellowish so I went to appointment. I informed the nurse of my situation/concern but told her I thought the prep worked well enough. They took me in, put me under for the procedure. When They woke me they informed me they could not complete because the cleansing wasn't complete. I am now rescheduled with a different bowel prep. I followed all instructions to the letter, so thanks a s#*tload (pun definitely intended!) Suprep..."

Deuce (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "So I’m only 20 years old and unfortunately had to undergo this process because of some bizarre stomach problems I was having. That aside I was EXTREMELY nervous about the procedure and the prep, and while I can say it wasn’t pleasant, it definitely was far from unbearable. The solution itself isn’t too bad tasting, smells like cough syrup and does have some cherry flavoring in it, but to me it wasn’t salty like some people said. The first dose went ok, I tried taking it fast, finishing it in about 15 min. I felt slightly nauseous, but I couldn’t tell you whether that was because of how fast I drank it or if it was an effect of the prep. A lot of people recommend taking this prep slowly, and with something like sprite or 7 up between sips, I’ll probably try this for my second dose. Overall not horrible, worst part was taste and a bit of bloating, otherwise definitely not awful. As for the procedure itself I’m not worried, after all I’ll be asleep!!"

Zkraus October 4, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It works........The other reviews are on point about the process....Just stay on the toilet."

Still On the Toilet (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Refrigerate the solution before taking it and it is tolerable. Chug it and don't savor the flavor. I think most of the nausea people are talking about is from the flavor/the large amount of liquid you have to drink. Overall, I had a not-so-bad experience using this before my colonoscopy, but will likely ask for another brand for the next procedure because there are better ones out there."

Eren Jaeger (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It’s not that bad. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t taste great but it’s drinkable. Just follow the directions and drink a lot of fluids. It will clean you out. Started working within about half an hour."

RT (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My experience was much like all the others. The taste was disgusting! And then the hours on the toilet were excruciating. I had some Depends (incontinence pants) left from when my elderly mother stayed with me. After about 3 hours of sitting on the john and my back hurting and my legs asleep, I put one of the depends on and laid down. The Depends pants were a life saver. When the urge hit me there was no time to make it to the bathroom. It prevented major messes! After drinking the second round of prep I started with chills and very weak feeling. Then it was another 3 hours on the toilet. I tried to get up and walk around a bit but then it’s a race again to the toilet. I wore the depends to the hospital because I was mortified that I might poop myself. The doctor told me the prep wasn’t too bad to take. I don’t think he’s done it."

Backtrots October 2, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "My advise is not to chug it down as quickly as possible as a few people have suggested. I have a strong stomach but after one day of the liquid diet and drinking the first dose in 10 minutes followed by some water over the next hour led me to vomit everything up. The next morning I spread out Round 2 of the Suprep over an hour and drank the 32oz of water without any problems. The colon cleanse began within 30 minutes. I thought things were good as everything looked liquidy when I went to the bathroom. Right before my procedure I went to the bathroom and had two 3/4" stools come out which led to the postponement of the colonoscopy as one dose was not enough to provide proper cleansing. Now I have the prep to look forward to again :-( My advise is NOT to rush the Suprep down but pace it out over an hour. Your stomach is not prepared for it after only a liquid diet. Hope that helps. Good luck everyone!"

SCUBA_MAN October 1, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Going in for my 4th colonoscopy in 20 years tomorrow. I've been putting it off for over a year because of the prep process. I not only have IBS but fissures that make the prep very unpleasant. I did the suprep today and it was by far the easiest prep I've ever done! I mixed it with cold 7-up instead of water and drank it through a straw. It was fine. Just a little aftertaste but nothing bad. Followed it with the 32 oz of water like instructed and waited for the fireworks. Well almost 2 hours later, let's just say that it was very gentle. No cramps, no nausea and no explosive stuff. Just like someone else on this forum had said, it was like a gentle faucet was opened. With so little liquid and no adverse effects, this will be my prep of choice for all future scoping. After reading the horror stories and being very nervous about this prep, I felt like sharing my good experience!"

Anonymous 2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It has been almost 3 days since my procedure and after ingesting anything I still get that bubbling got to use the toilet sensation. Only it doesn’t end there. I have not been able to get out and about since! Yes, the taste lingers forever, but the constant emptying of liquid from just after 6 pm the night of my 1st prep to 3 am the day of my procedure was overwhelming! The second dose was much worse than the first, with me vomiting as well. Although I took the prep earlier than advised, it was no pleasure being driven to the doctor sitting on a beach towel with a change of clothing in a bag! I was still eliminating it in the hospital. Vile and totally disgusting stuff!! Hope it is either taken off the market or doctors at least stop using this stuff! If I am not better by Monday, I will be seeing my gastro doc."

Still sick from suprep (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This prep mix is vile. Disgusting. I don't think I will go through another colonoscopy if they give me this repulsive drink again."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I used Suprep last night and this morning. I thought it was awful and tried the many suggestions to improve its taste and make it easier to drink. I gagged down half of the dose this morning and vomited it all within 30 minutes. On the plus side, it worked and I had a successful colonoscopy. There’s got to be a better way!"

Gidget September 28, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It’s not bad! Mix it with sprite and drink it slowly."

Tryagain September 28, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Tasted horrible. After taking the first prep I threw up after an hour. With the second solution, I threw it up when taking second time. Disgusting taste."

Anonymous September 26, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Vile, revolting filth. I almost vomited it up. It was all I could do to keep it down. I wont be taking the 2nd dose. I'll switch to another laxative."

Myb (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was prescribed this for colonoscopy prep. I got on here just to see how long it would take to start working and all the reviews got me so stressed! It was no worse than drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate. Pour the 6oz bottle into the 16oz cup, added about 5 oz of sprite and 5oz of Gatorade. 3 good guzzles and it was down. Finished 2 more doses of water within 30 min and it started to work. Walking around between trips to the toilet helped with bloating. About the time that things started to settle down, had to take 2nd dose. Went down same way. Started at 1pm and finally felt safe to shower about 9 pm. Y’all had me all worked up about taste, high blood pressure, etc. All I can say is that it probably is more unpleasant for some. But don’t freak out by what everyone puts here...I think reading everyone’s bad experiences, for me, was more stressful than the entire process and procedure combined!"

Dmarie (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Well to start out I tried this with a positive attitude. I was on clear liquids 1 1/2 days before my colonoscopy. I had a colonoscopy 9 years ago with a different prep but this was the first time with the suprep. I chilled it like everyone said and use cold water. First bottle I got down with no problem but when it starts getting down to the bottom it gets much stronger. I held my nose and used a big straw. Well 6 hours before my procedure I had to do the next bottle. It did not go down well at all I managed to get half the bottle down before vomiting. As far as cramps. I was in the bathroom like 2 hours with each bottle. I have no description to tell you how nasty the taste was and the medicine lingered in your mouth even after I chased it with Ginger Ale. It really did aggravate my stomach the morning of my procedure. I know it works good but the taste needs a lot of improvement. If the prep would not be so hard I know more people would have colonoscopies to save their life"

Jules September 25, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was super anxious about using this stuff. So many mixed reviews. Everyone will have their own personal experience. Mine was so incredibly easy. No it doesn't taste amazing but it's not hard to drink and it helps to just drink the extra water along with it to get it down. It started working within a half hour or so. It didn't take me much more than maybe a hour to be cleaned out but I hadn't eaten a lot a couple days prior. Drink lots of water, you will be ok."

Liza September 25, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "In the Harry Potter movies there is a scene in which Dumbledore has to drink a vile liquid from a fountain on an island. He makes Harry vow to force him to drink it no matter how much he protests. This is EXACTLY how I felt. The smell of the mixture made me gag but I got the first dose and 32 ounces of water down. It worked almost immediately. Stay in the bathroom. Just stay. Wear a long-sleeved shirt for warmth and nothing else. Listen to a book, watch a movie, whatever. Just do it in the bathroom. There was no time to get from a chair to the toilet without leaking. I had chills, was cold and took a hot shower twice. After about 5 hours I slept near the bathroom and did okay. At 7 am I did it again to prepare for my 1:30 procedure. This time it was even tougher to get the mixture down. I couldn't drink the full 32 ounces of water because I was in the bathroom for the next three hours. I am really looking forward to anesthesia."

dumbledore September 24, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "You can do it. It's not that bad. I was really worried after reading some of the comments here but I didn't need to be. Whoever described the flavor as "salty Robitussin" was right. I mixed mine with chilled water and then added a teaspoon of sugar and that helped. (Go through these reviews and find the one from "Smashley," dated 7/31/18. He had the best idea of all; he lined up 16 shot glasses, poured the mixture into the 16 glasses, and drank it as 16 shots!) I am small and was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle so much liquid (16 oz plus another 32 oz). But that wasn't a problem. For the 32 ounces, I spaced it out and drank about 6 ounces every 10 minutes. The morning of the procedure the doctor stopped by while they were hooking up my IVs. He was a young doctor and I asked him if HE had ever done the prep procedure. He kind of laughed and said, "not yet." I told him that I think every doctor should have to go through that prep before they can pass their boards!"

PMK September 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Second time I've used this prep and find it much better than what I was prescribed several years ago. Mixed it with ice cold lemonade (no pulp) and drank it with a straw."

mdmcdaniel (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is the worst!! There has to be a better way. I barely got the first dose down. That's a lie; I left a tiny bit in the cup. My last colonoscopy was four years ago and the minute I smelled this stuff today I was nauseous. I don't know how I'm going to get the second dose down at 2:45 am. I don't mind the clear liquids, the no food, the pooping, the being put to sleep, but this prep is just horrible."

Betty (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Prepare yourself for extreme nausea and rectal pain because that's what this prep is going to give you. I unfortunately didn't prepare properly and spent ~4 hours through the entire process squirming and groaning on the toilet seat, and had some vomiting thrown in too for good measure. That said, it really doesn't taste as bad as people say it does as long as you mix it with something like lime flavoring. It's not very palatable but I wasn't gagging from it and I drank it all without a straw. Plus, you can't argue that it doesn't do a real good job of cleaning out your colon. Doc had no complaints. Honestly, if I had taken something for the nausea beforehand I think it would not be very bad experience at all."

Vomit September 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is the first time I have used the suprep cleanse ... it is hot outside so I added cherry sprite to mine and sat out back with my dogs and took about 8 big gulps and then drank 2 - 16 ounce bottles of water to follow and then all heck broke lose. I’m 35 and this is my first upper GI and colonoscopy so I am unaware of any other options for prep. I immediately felt abdominal discomfort and the chills began. I put on warm comfy socks, sweats, and a sweatshirt and have not left the toilet. My procedures aren’t until tomorrow afternoon so I’m praying I can drink the 2nd batch just as well as the first tomorrow and am well cleaned out. I also hope to get off the toilet and stop shaking profusely at some point soon! Best of luck to you all, it obviously works or we wouldn’t all be on this place reviewing the product. I’ll update tomorrow and let you know if it did the job and all was able to be visualized."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I drank the prep quickly to minimize tasting it. It has a salty cherry flavor. It wasn't unbearable, but was not good either. I drank it in about 2 minutes, having a sip of a chaser after each 4 oz. I used Cherry Glacier Gatorade as a chaser, and it tasted worse than the prep. The 2nd dose of prep I used Mello Yello as a chaser and it was much better. I wouldn't recommend drinking anything before the prep, as you have to drink 32 oz of water after each prep dose. Sounded easy, but drinking that amount of water after the prep was the worst part, I felt so bloated. The prep took 45 minutes to kick in. I did have some nausea. I had to finish drinking the water on the toilet. I was on the toilet for at least an hour straight after the first dose. Bowel movements are complete liquid and come out with rapid, explosive results. It definitely wasn't fun, but never could I have done the prep where you have to drink a gallon of the flavored prep. The last prep I did was pills and was easier."

Andi September 19, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...