User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Bowel Preparation 833 reviews 115 medications

7.5
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 833 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I drank the first round at 3 p.m. I managed to get it down and drank water, gingerale, sports drinks. I mixed it with berry Propel water. I also ate orange jello. At 2 a.m. I tried to finish the second dose but couldn't due to severe nausea. Now it's almost 4 a.m. and I'm still trying to drink water without vomiting. The taste is very sweet and salty. The split dose is for the birds. You still have to drink 48 oz. of fluids. I don't consider that low volume. If I ever do this again it won't be with Suprep."

3meows September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Today was my 4th colonoscopy (I have polyps). It was the first time I used Suprep. To prepare for the big day :-) I checked out this site, and quickly realized there were many differences of opinions, and lots of good tips. I stocked up on chicken broth, green KoolAid, lemonade, water, Sprite, lemon drops, lemon slices, and apple juice which I used throughout the all liquids day.The real star of the show once I began the actual prep was something I read about on this site: White Cherry Powerade mixed with the CHILLED prep solution, instead of water. At 6PM drank this down fairly easily over 20 minutes. Slept from 11-3. Alternated solution with sips of apple juice and water for second dose. No cramps/pain/nausea. Cleans you out!"

caligirl24 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I used the suprep for my colonoscopy. I have to have one every two years and I am 74 so I have tried many bowel preps. This suprep was horrible, I use a straw to drink the prep and have no problem with the taste, but this was the hardest thing I have ever had to drink and while drinking my stomach felt like a balloon. After going without food for a day and going to the bathroom all day and night, this nasty stuff did not completely clean the bowel! Afterward I ran a low fever, cramps and diarrhea all the next day ."

Lois Rankin September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Never again! This was the most vile, disgusting stuff I've ever tasted. Took me almost 2 hours to get the first dose down. I used a lemon with sugar as others suggested, tried using mints, eating broth in between sips and nothing could take away the bitter aftertaste. Afterwards I was so sick from it there was no way for me to get that second dose down. I couldn't even get it to my lips. Took my chances since I was on a 2 day liquid diet and had magnesium nitrite the night before. Luckily the doctor was able to see enough. This stuff should be taken off the market. I can't believe they can't make a pill. Putting people though this is torture! I will go back to the Gatorade/miralax prep next time."

LeslieCima September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Well....I am doing is prep tonite. Not thrilled about taste after reading the reviews. I am going to try melting lemon ltalian ice for the liquid to mix it with. We'll see...."

MsBowel September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Started @ 3:00pm with initial solution. Took me 15 minutes to finish. Started 1st glass of water @ 3:40pm. Started 2nd glass of water @ 4:00pm and completed by 4:15pm. Had mild cramping and stomach bloat. Released a lot of gas before producing watery stool @ 5:10pm. Continued passing watery stool for another hour. Completed BMs @ 6:15 pm. Drank small amounts of apple juice between sessions. Repeated 2nd stage @ 8:00pm. By 9:45pm l was done producing watery stools. Did have a little accident at 10:15pm. So be sure when your done."

Shmooz (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I had my first colonoscopy last week. I was prepared for the worst. It's no fun, but not nearly as bad as I expected. I mixed the Suprep with ice water and drank it through a straw. I took four big sips, rested for a minute, then four more, rested again, and then finished it off. The taste isn't great, but bearable. Afterwards I let a single peppermint lifesaver dissolve on my tongue; it completely removed the aftertaste. Finally, the elimination process was gentle. No cramps or nausea. Process took about two hours. Colonoscopy results were pretty good. Glad I went, although sorry I waited until I was 61. PLEASE do not let fear of the prep process prevent you from getting this lifesaving exam."

Jack 1956 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "OK, THIS IS "OFF LABEL," BUT I THINK USEFUL INFO, and the only way to get it in is pick some med and "review" it. I started them at 50. Prep is to get everything out so they can see any growths. My experience is a med at night, for solids, and another in the AM to flush any colored liquid. But my second 2 yrs after, the PM dose was near impossible to keep down, the AM came up immediately. They tried both a small bottle to mix in 8oz of some clear liquid, and a gallon jug to fill with water, no luck. Then I thought of prune juice. Clear out solids, then the real med in AM for a clear flush. With the PM irritation missing, the AM med dose stayed down. Works perfectly. Still no fun, but much less nasty. Med stuff below made up. "

tmaca (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Definitely gets the job done. Use Vaseline or A&D on your rear! This stuff can really burn. My husband was so sore he couldn't sit, and I had NO pain at all. That was the difference. I drank the first dose over 40 minutes, followed by the water--all in by 1.5 hours, as MD said I could take 2.5 hours if needed. I figured drinking the Suprep slowly would likely avoid some of the cramping and bloating and violent responses of which others complained. It seemed to work. It tasted bad, but after all the reviews, I tho't it would be worse, and at 55 min results came in a controlled fashion, i.e., no great emergency. Second dose was a little harder to drink, but I did. I'm a small female, too. Next time I won't be as nervous."

Indydi77 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is HORRIBLE tasting!! Unfortunately, I did not investigate the solution ahead of time to arm myself with lemon wedges and Jolly Ranchers. - Major mistake on my part. Awful - Awful - Awful!! "

PoopyAwful (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is horrible, took 4 sips of this solution and immediately started projectile vomiting! I must have gotten enough of the medicine in me, it was coming out both ends! I stopped taking the medicine and took 3 laxatives at 6pm and was fine for my 8am colonoscopy"

Take a laxative instead (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "For me this prep solution was a good alternative. I liked that it was just about like drinking water so I could just chug it down, get it over with. I bit down on a couple of lemon wedges afterward to kill the very strong after taste. It was a lot of liquid to drink in a short time and getting up in the middle of the night to do it again was not my favorite part. I am pretty certain, however, that I am well prepared for an effective scope. Also, I had minimal cramping and discomfort after ingestion which was nice. Overall, I much prefer it over the preparations I have used in the past."

Mikejj24 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my third colonoscopy in 15 years - the first time using Suprep - and by far the best experience. My colonscopy was scheduled for 7 a.m. on a Monday. I ate normally through Sat evening. On Sunday, I only had black coffee, lemon water, and chicken broth. At 6 pm I began drinking the first mixture as directed. I used a straw, took a deep draw, and followed it by sucking on lemon wedges. I then started drinking one of two 16 oz water bottles. I accidentally spilled about 1/4 of the mixture, and finished it all by 6:15. By 6:30 I was in the bathroom and everything began pouring out. No cramping, no violent discharges, just a stream of poop. I had the moistened wipes which I just dabbed, and A&D ointment. Cleaned out by 11 pm"

Maxtonio (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Quick rundown. 48 yr old female. 3rd colonoscopy. Found this to be way easier then the other two preps. Taste is somewhere between grape-cherry with a salty taste. The split dosage was nice but getting up after a nap at 1:30 am not so much. My appt was at 8:30 am. Note the time of your procedure. Schedule later in day if you want to sleep in a bit. No it's not fun, no it's not convenient, no it's not something you chat about in the lunchroom at work BUT for me one day of inconvenience sure beats having colon cancer or having to have part of your colon out! Just something to think about. The doctors do this everyday. They could care less about what your butt looks like. Plus your sedated so who cares what they say !! Just have it done!!"

Not that bad (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is absolutely disgusting as everyone agrees. With all due respect to the lemon suckers, that didn't help me. Ginger Ale chasers helped a little and you have to use a straw. I finished the first one in about a 1/2 hour and almost instantaneously barffed it all up. Called Dr. and told me to start the 2nd a couple of hours early (10 p instead of midnite) and I could do 2 oz every 1/2 hour. Got thru 10 oz and couldn't take any more. Luckily I was cleaned out enough and had no polyps because this was my first and last colonoscopy until their is a better prep."

CAT2167 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was told by my doctor to double the dose, 2 bottles at 6 pm. And then repeat 2 more bottles at 9pm. After reading these reviews I am only going to do 1 more bottle at 9. The taste was horrific and I felt like my stomach would burst. It has been the worst stuff ever. I have had multiple colonoscopies and never went through this."

Mollymoss August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Not bad at all and never got nauseous or had problems when it hit. Start fasting with only fluids beginning the day PRIOR to drinking your prep. Make sure solution and water to mix it are VERY cold. I used a large "smoothie" straw and bit into chilled lemon wedges dipped in sugar before first sip and when I had to stop between sips for air. Glad I read that too because it worked WONDERFULLY!!!! Stuff started working within 20 minutes but was not bad since I had only liquids in my system for the 2 days at ate very lightly 3 days prior. Dr said result was excellent and thankfully no Polyps were found. BTW, procedure was so easy and the Propofol worked very well!! Hope this helps! God bless!"

All clear (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I am very happy that I used this rather than the mega ounces of disgusting solution I drank for my first colonoscopy. If I ever have to repeat this I'm going to chill the solution first. I drank two sips at a time, alternating sips of soda and sucking on candy. There's no getting around the nasty taste, but here are my recommendations: Follow a soft diet two days before your procedure. The day before follow a liquid diet to the letter. You won't have cramping nor abdominal pain. Distract yourself while you sip the solution. I stood in front of my TV, taking two sips at a time while sucking on a piece of candy. Alternate sips of icy cold water, soda, and solution. Best of all, it works quickly."

Jkellough August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I have to do this every year, due to Crohn's Disease. I still get nervous and anxious, like most. However, it's never that bad! I actually guzzle the prep, right out of the bottle, after having it in the freezer, to the point of almost icey. Then I chase it with strong, ice cold lemonade, then apple juice. Since you need so much fluid, that much water, makes me nauseous. I sometimes get nausea, sometimes chills, and usually bloated. That goes away for me, when I start going. Another great tip, while you're going? I use pure coconut oil, instead of Desitin, and only wipe/blot with flushable baby wipes that I keep in the fridge! : D"

Skiddamarinkydo August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Went to pick this up at pharmacy. They told me it was $90 with insurance. WHAT?? $90?? Told them to forget it. Last 2 times I did this it was about $5.00 for over-the-counter bottle. Called doctor office told them I was not going to pay $90 for this stuff. They gave it to me for nothing. As we all know this stuff is nasty tasting. Took it as directed and started getting cramps a hour later. Drank about 1 1/2 glasses of water. After an hour on the toilet, still had cramps and felt nausea. That lasted till the second dosage. Took it again same thing. Only able to drink 1 glass of water this time. This stuff was really bad compare to the other 2 times I had to do this. I rather go back to the over-the-counter prep than this."

Glennsaddress August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Do yourself a favor and read all of the horrible reviews first, because it wasn't as bad as I thought. After reading the reviews I was terrified. I mixed mine with lemonade and poured over ice. I used a straw. I cut up lemons to suck on in between sips, and I had a green jolly rancher in my mouth the whole time I drank it. It actually doesn't taste bad as it goes down, it's the taste on the tongue that is bad. Seriously, it is terrible, but not so terrible that I couldn't do it. I also didn't take forever to drink it. Got it all down in six minutes. Took three big sucks out of the straw at a time, sucked the lemon and rubbed the lemon on my tongue between sips. Gave myself 20 seconds of recovery and went back for more."

JPBH August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I am so happy I looked up preparation suggestions a week ahead of time and began a low-residue diet ahead of time. I think that has made all the difference after reading comments here. Very little grease or spice in the 4-5 days leading up, no booze to dehydrate, and drank lots of fluids day before suprep. I also mixed with powerade white cherry thanks to a suggestion here, and had homemade vegetable broth prepared and warmed to combat chills. I took phenergen ahead of time and slept most of today while the medication took effect. It is disappointing that we have to turn to the internet to get a fully accurate picture of what we are in for when it comes to medical procedures, but glad this site exists. happy pooing"

pooparade (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First of all there isn't any decent bowel prep as of yet that I've heard of. If anyone knows of one please share. I thought this was the worst ever until I tried the straw. I had to drink the first part at 6pm mixed with water or Gatorade. Gatorade was my choice. Followed by two 16 ozs of water. Pow!! Within an hour I was busy. I didn't have the straw when I started the first part of the prep. It was so gross. I really had trouble getting it down. My husband ran out to a fast food joint , to get a straw. I didn't use the straw till my second dose which was 7am. Followed by two 16 ozs of water The straw works, so does the prep. The bum gets so sore you barely can sit so be prepared with either moist aloe wipes, Vaseline, or desitin."

Toxictek (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This was for my 4th colonoscopy and found to be better than the other preps. I started a soft diet the day before the prep (bagel/cream cheese, saltines, peanut butter, chicken thigh, cooked carrots, potatoes no skins). On the day of the prep, only clear liquids (mostly Popsicles, juice, water) as Dr. directed. I took the first dose of Suprep at 5 pm mixed with Fresca soda. I don't think there is a way to hide the taste, used a straw and sucked on lemon drops in between gulps. It took 15-20 minutes to get it all down. Drank a couple more glasses of water/Club Soda as directed. Nothing happened for 2 hours. I started the 2nd dose at 8 pm, this one took 30-40 min to get down chased with Club Soda/fresh lemon. I was cleaned out by 10 pm."

JIKB (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Started the prep for first colonoscopy at 2 PM, as instructed. I figured how bad could this be ... This stuff tastes awful! Swamp water is a kind description. Had a normal bowel movement about 3 PM. Around 3:45 the flood gates opened. So far, It's been 75 minutes with 3, 15 minute trips to the bathroom. The noises coming from my stomach are pretty amazing, I'm half expecting an alien to pop out. If your system says go, I suggest you move to your closest bathroom. It's not fooling."

GOPBlondie (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017