User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate systemic

Also known as: Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Bowel Preparation
7.3

1,153 reviews 117 medications
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 7.3 1,153 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Took the first dose at 3:00, took 20 minutes to start working. In the bathroom for 3 hours. The first hour and a half to two hours there was no leaving the toilet. Last hour I had about 10 minutes between visits. I had cold chills Dr. said this is normal. HINT: Mix suprep with ice cold water and drink through a straw. I gave myself 5 minutes to drink it. Suprep and a large drink of water I swished in my mouth. Tastes like Flinstones chewables ground up in ocean water, has a HORRIBLE after taste. Cold and a straw are the key! My Dr. had me take a gas x as soon as I finished drinking my prep so I didn’t experience the bloating etc. Second dose I was ready! Mixed it up, ice cold water, straw, this time a stocking cap, and sweatshirt to help with the chills. Second dose worked almost immediately! Empty stomach works fast! In the bathroom an hour and a half then it seemed to be over."

Pollyparty January 23, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I have had 2 colonoscopies before and both times used magnesium citrate and Mountain Dew, a lot cheaper and for me more tolerable. The suprpep bloated me severely where I not only could not get the 32 oz of water down within 1 hour and struggled to keep it down. The taste wasn’t any worse than the magnesium citrate but for me it just swelled me up to a very uncomfortable level. Seems to work well. There wasn’t a problem with the magnesium citrate so hope no problem with this. Every one is different so what would bother me might not you"

Bobo (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Okay, so the prep tasted nasty -true indeed - but to me it wasn't as bad as I expected. Used the Crystal Light like others suggested and it did help. Also had the sugared lemon slices handy which also helped. I really can't believe I was freaking out about this. I'm thankful to be done with it though. Now just waiting for the aftermath, lol! Hang in there you guys! You'll get through it, I promise. So worth it in the long run...."

StormsAComin January 22, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Just got home from my colonoscopy. I found the prep to be SO much easier than I anticipated, especially after reading so many of the negative comments. The taste was not bad at all. I thought it would be a much stronger taste but found it (don't laugh now) almost pleasant tasting. Downed the whole 16 oz in less than 5 minutes,(used straw), then the 32 oz of water in the next 10-15 minutes or so. Gentle regular bowel movement at first, then watery every 15 mins or so for about an hour and a half. One thing that I believe was a tremendous help is that I really cut down the volume of food I ate for 3 days before and ate a bland diet (salmon, instant white rice, applesauce, avocado sandwich on white bread, and LOTS of fluids (chicken broth, white grape juice, lemonade and jello for 3 days before), I don't usually eat white rice and white bread but I read somewhere that staying away from fiber a couple of days before the prep would help. I think it really did. So fear not! Good luck!"

Susie (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was petrified by the thought of taking this stuff but it was not nearly as bad as some people made it sound. Best description of the taste I read was salty children's cough syrup and I found that to be highly accurate. DOSE 1 (6PM): Finished it all within five minutes including water. Then the waiting game began. 40 min later, I felt the urge and calmly walked to the toilet. The flood gates opened and I was in business. I stayed on the toilet for about 75 min. I did have to go back a couple times but they were short 10 min sessions. I was pretty done purging by 8:40 PM. The process was a lot simpler than I thought. DOSE 2 (1AM): This time it took about 75 min for the stuff to kick in. Spent 60 minutes on the toilet, and another 15 min on the second trip. I'm still waiting for trip #3 but I think I should be good after that. Overall, I recommend this stuff, it's really not that bad!"

chasemybm January 18, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "As everyone has said this stuff tastes pretty awful. I chilled mine and mixed it with lemon-lime gatorade. The best tips I can give to get through the taste are 1. use a straw 2. SUCK ON LEMON OR LIME JUICE! I decided to try this on my second dose ( just juice no pulp) and WOW it actually made it tolerable, took the aftertaste right out. 3. As someone else has mentioned, after your dose chew some gum! Started working about 30min after finishing dose and was honestly a pretty gentle elimination (I’ve had IBS flare ups 10x worse than this). Just annoying running to the bathroom. Mild intestinal discomfort and definitely have wet-wipes and cream ready. Hopefully this works for my procedure tomorrow. For me, by mid-first dose everything was yellow/clear. I have been very cold all day and was only nauseous after the first dose (use the lemons it helped with the nausea too!)"

km121 January 17, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Male 50 year old, 265lb, first time prepping for Colonoscopy. Taste was not so bad do not have to chug .. tastes like cherry cough medicine . Kicked in within 35 minutes .... plan on staying in the toilet for 30-45 minutes ... after that no unexpected surprises ... IE no running to the can. Slept well woke up once but not because of the suprep. Second round began at 6:30am for 10:30 procedure . Same deal - kicked in 35 minutes later clear yellow by 1 hour after ... Good prep . Could control myself on the way to procedure even in traffic .. I even drove . Hardest part of prep was no solid foods . Much prefer this than the jug ... would Recommend a Vaseline or baby’s bottom product. I used my baby’s ..: and worked fine ! Have fun and good luck !"

Not So Bad (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my first colonoscopy and the prep was not as bad as I imagined. My procedure was scheduled in the afternoon so my dosing schedule was 7pm the night before and 6am the day of. The Suprep tastes bad, but it’s not unbearable. I put a scoop of (yellow) lemonade powder mix into the mixture, added some ice chips, and drank it as quickly as possible with a straw. Drank the required 32 oz of water over the next 30 minutes and about an hour after drinking the Suprep, the “faucet” opened. Had no trouble making it to the bathroom and no leakage. Was on the toilet every 10-30 minutes for about 3 hours, then a couple of more times after that. I got decent sleep, then woke up for round 2. At the suggestion of some websites I visited, I applied some Vaseline after wiping and am very glad I did! Overall, some gurgling, bloating, and minor cramping, but not bad. Bottom line (pun intended) is that it’s better to prep for a colonoscopy than chemotherapy. You got this!"

Gottago January 16, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I must say, it’s not the worst prep I’ve done. I took some of the tips I read and chilled the bottle of medicine and mixed it with 16.9oz bottle of room temperature water. I drank it down then drank two 16.9oz bottles of water with some iced tea mix. Took all of 10 minutes. An hour later I had a regular bowel movement, the real action began half an hour after that. Then it was every 15-30 minutes for about 3 hours. I had a break for an hour and a half, then another blast. I didn’t have any of the chills, cramps or nausea a lot of people spoke of, nor had my doctor told me to do liquids only the day before, trust me I ate. To keep hydrated today I’ve been drinking watered down white grape juice and lemon lime GatorAde, as well as clear chicken broth. I still have to do the second dose, so I don’t see much sleep tonight. My appointment is at 9AM and it’s about a half hour cab ride to the facility, so I hope I’m finished running by then. Good luck everyone!"

Adela613 January 14, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "If you have any GI issues I strongly suggest not doing this prep. Embalming fluid couldn’t taste as bad. Premedicated with Zofran (to stop vomiting and nausea) and couldn’t get through half of first bottle. Severe vomiting and diarrhea within ten minutes. Spent next 24 hours with chills and horrendous headache followed by IV fluids. Absolutely no reason for a prep to be this harsh. Will never do Suprep again."

Sugah (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is a very effective bowel prep. but.... It smells like the cheap toilet bowl freshener at a gas station and the taste is reminiscent of what's inside the bowl. I will never take this stuff again!"

cowlick January 11, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "After reading some reviews on here, I was honestly prepared for the worst. I had myself all scared but I must say, I worried for nothing!!! Yes, the solution is pretty nasty tasting, like a cross between slightly salty cough syrup and lemon-lime Gatorade. But drinking it wasn’t an issue, especially with a ginger ale chaser. It started working within 15-20 minutes. Prepare to sit on the potty for a little while as poop starts pouring out in waves. I did not experience cramping or pain, no real nausea (one bit of nausea was brought on by nerves!) and that went away pretty quickly! Eliminating was like a waterfall pouring out, but was quite gentle. I’ve had IBS flares with worse diarrhea. My only negatives besides the taste is the bloating gas it gave me (probably from evil sucrolose) and when I sat too long on the pot my legs fell asleep!! Lol. So bear down and chin up, it’s only temporary and it’s important to get the colon checked out, it may just save your life!!!"

Poo’d January 9, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "BY FAR THE WORST THING IVE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE. Gagged after each sip. It works but the taste was too much."

Goldring23 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "It tastes awful. I got the water down fine. I had two doses and I had violent diarrhea with both. I hope it’s good for tomorrow I’m not doing this again and I’m dizzy."

Clare January 4, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is the most awful stuff. I have been drinking this for 3 hours sip by sip. It actually should be outlawed it is so awful. There just has to be a better way."

Lss January 2, 2019

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Definitely this medicine works. Awful taste. Took 30 minutes to get down each dose. Better with cold water. Even better if water so cold it is almost frozen. Took a sip of medicine and sip of water or something else clear to get it down - I diluted medicine as instructed. Held nose to get down last of it. Medicine worked in the first hour of it going down. Kept working for the next 1-2 hours but maximum output in first hour. Use of wipes and butt ointment like A&D a must by second medicine dose."

YuckEeg! (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I guess it did what it was supposed to do but I experienced severe nausea and headache. All in all a horrible experience."

Sadie December 20, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Suprep Bowel Pep Kit failed to clean me out and I followed the directions. As a result I had a failed colonoscopy and will have to have it re-done. Now the doctor tells me to just use Magnesium Citrate. ... one bottle at 4PM and one at 8PM. Magnesium Citrate cost $1 per bottle at Dollar Tree. Do what your doctor advises you, and ask what else you can do to make sure you have a cleaned out colon. I am so frustrated. I wish I would have gotten the old nasty tasting gallon prep. It worked for me the other two times."

Failed Mr. No Clean (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I just turned 50, am relatively healthy, and this is my first encounter with any type of cleanse for a routine colostomy. After reading these comments, I have to admit, I had myself worked into a tizzy about everything, to the point of almost backing out completely. But, I powered through, and felt the entire experience could have been much worse. The taste, agreed, was bad, but, I did have the bottle chilled, and mixed with cold water and sprite. I would take several gulps, chase with sprite, wait for the burp, then repeat until the the process was completed. It only took about 15 minutes both times. The effects began working within an hour after both steps, and I was fortunate enough that I did not experience cramps, urgency, or any explosive results. While it wasn't a horrible experience, it was different, and nobody likes different. I think the worse parts for me were, besides the anticipation of the unknown, was the anticipation of having to go through it again the 2nd time."

Newbie December 17, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Just took the medicine and hour ago. Very sweet, not salty, but very sickening sweet. Drank the 32 oz of water within 39 minutes. Things are just now starting. Mild tummy discomfort, mainly from the 49 oz of water I believe. No “explosions” ... can feel when I need to come to the bathroom but it isn’t at all “urgent” like I can’t make it. Not bad at all."

Thar She Blows (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I use Suprep every two months-three months so I can have a bowel movement (will be getting my colon removed within the next few months!) as I have Colonic Inertia so I’ve had a lot of experience with Suprep. I’ve never tried Golytely so I can’t compare the two, but I can say I would rather drink a little bit of nasty stuff than a lot of nasty stuff, so that’s why I use Suprep. I don’t follow the instructions to mix it with water, I just gulp it straight from the bottle, in quick succession with no break. Afterwards, I’ll rinse my mouth out and then chew some gum. I recommend Smart Water to replace electrolytes- at least one liter. As far as the taste...I’d liken it to old salty Gatorade. It’s pretty bad but thankfully you don’t have to do four liters of it like you do with Golytely. Suprep works very well and causes me no discomfort or pain. I’m very pleased with it, but I can’t wait until I never have to take it again!"

Hannah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Let me start off by saying that I am so glad I did not read comments on this page before starting this prep. I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago and this is a cake walk by comparison. 10 years ago I drank something early in the morning and spent the entire day in the lav. I got to enjoy my day today (other than not going to a party where people would be eating and drinking). I took my first dose a little past 6pm after setting up the bathroom like living room, with a TV tray with my laptop and a book. I also put something like wee wee pads on my bed - just in case. It tastes so much better than the stuff I drank 10 years ago. I added cold water and got it down pretty quickly. I was surprised that I got the rest of the water down in 34 minutes. Went into the bathroom and waited on the john. Glad I did, because liquid starting coming out soon afterwards and without any warning. So here I remain sitting with periodic elimination, no cramping or discomfort and hopefully it stays that way."

TonkLover December 10, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "So as a prep for the infamous colonoscopy, Dr prescribed this stuff to assure they got the best view tomorrow. The solution is clear and doesn’t smell bad. Tastes like the old Gatorade, with that salty taste. Finished the first dose in one sitting , drank the additional 42 ozs while I went back to TV. Body said it was ready around 50 mins later and here I sit 15 minute later to say so far it’s effective in that it’s flushing the system clean. No cramps, only minor discomfort of needing to do liquid bowel movements every couple of mins. Anyhow, have no fear. While your mileage may vary, overall fairly reasonable considering what it’s supposed to do."

Flushflush (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Taste wasn't to bad, I've had worse. Half an hour after I drank it I can't stop pooping."

Stained December 5, 2018

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is not good. Use it with cold water per instructions and GULP it down in one pass. Not as violent in expelling from the colon as other mixtures. I did get cold but beyond the terrible taste this was not bad."

PrepRod December 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...