User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Bowel Preparation 728 reviews 113 medications

7.6
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 728 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I found that I agree with the descriptions on here of the taste, this stuff is totally vile and I could not find a way to make it taste better. I took the first bottle around 5:30 and it was almost impossible to get down, I started having bad nausea and chills but thankfully I didn't throw it up. It started work with 15 minutes and continued for about 2.5 hours. I took the second dose at 3am and this did not go so well. I tried using a straw this time to deal with the taste but it didn't really help. After finishing the solution I felt very nauseous but I thought I could manage it. Unfortunately at about the 1 hour mark I was hit with a horrible wave of nausea and projectile vomited the suprep plus all of the water I had drank."

Sicktummy (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "After reading several reviews I was a bit concerned about the treatment. My experience falls into the positive side of the reviews. The flavor is like drinking diet cherry drink, knock it back quickly in about 5 mins in 8 to 10 gulps. Start drinking the water immediately which will cleanse your palate. Drank the next 2 big glasses of water within 40 mins. First treatment started working in one hour. 4 trips to the throne over 3 hours and then felt comfortable enough to go to bed. Like many people I am writing this whilst starting the second treatment. Feels like it will kick in quicker this time. All in all much better than the heavy 64 ounce treatment of 5 years ago. Eat light 2 days out and liquid only diet day before helped a lot."

Clean as a whistle April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I am mid prep right now, and I feel compelled to write this after my horrible experience. I am 48, finished chemo and radiation for breast cancer about 6 months ago, so I don't know if that has affected my experience. And my Dad had stage IV colon cancer so I know other preps are not easy either. But the taste of this is unbearable and vile! I had severe bloating and nausea, took a Zofran after speaking to the nurse.. About 2 hours later I ate half a bowl of broth and had 6 or more projectile vomiting. Called the Dr, he said don't take the 2nd bottle, indicated it worked faster in me, I assume. Had jello & Sprite later, 2 hours from that more stomach pain and 7 more projectile vomiting. I am afraid to drink anything now. NEVER again!"

KareC April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Took first dose of Suprep last night at 6:00 p.m. Had only one movement and was wondering what was up after reading all the reviews for spending hours on the toilet. Went to bed and slept pretty well. Fast forward to 5:00 a.m. this morning. Took second dose as instructed, and took a few of the previous tips such as sipping slowly (last night I almost threw it up after drinking too fast), sipping water and Berry Propel between the solution swigs. Wow, it took only about 30 minutes and wow, I have been on the toilet for the past hour. This stuff really works! I am remembering to use the petroleum jelly for the bum so as not to chafe. I am getting chills this morning, unlike last night. I hope the colonoscopy goes well this morning so I won’t have to think about this again for 5-10 years!"

busymommy00 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Had colonoscopy 9:30 this morning, delayed from 9. Took Suprep 4 last night and 2:20 this morning. Bought swimmer's nose clip and put on before I mixed the Suprep and left on until after I had chugged it down (2 big long drinks and 1 short one all down in under a minute), rinsed with mouthwash, and started sucking on Jolly rancher. It was slightly salty that way but not much taste. Used cool tap water. Followed with 8oz room temperature Berry Propel or Frost Glacier Cherry every 10-15 minutes finishing my extra 32oz fluids within hour. I had no discomfort. Started working about 13 minutes both times. Low fiber 3 days prior. Clean at 2 hours first day, 1 hour this morning. Could leave but near bathroom from hours 2-4 after taking."

BaltimoreEllie (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First colonoscopy so I have nothing to compare it to, but I found my experience better than a lot of these reviews. My suprep was a cherry flavour (like others, it doesn't mention the flavour anywhere on the bottle) with a bitter aftertaste. Upon first chug, didn't seem so bad, but it built pretty quickly. I can definitely see how others might throw this up. I chugged about 3oz at a time, stopping for a few minutes each time and sipping some yellow Gatorade to wash away the flavour. I felt a bit nauseated, but the breaks helped to calm it down a bit. The prep worked within 45 minutes each time, and as long as you followed the soft diet and then liquid diet instructions, it's really not bad. It might save your life, so just get 'er done."

Suprep review April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is awful. I mixed the first bottle with water as directed. I held my nose and chugged down 1/3 of the poop juice at a time, finishing in 7 minutes, a swig of chicken broth between chugs rid the taste. I'm a 70 yr. young man. I almost vomited - fighting thru dry heaves from the first bottle. The water chaser helped keep it down. My bowels started evacuating in 10 minutes. The warm liquid exiting my butt contained a few solid stools but mostly liquid. I didn't do the 2nd dose. Turns out I didn't need to. No problem with colonoscopy. Warning... I went to lay down but had to jump up to the bathroom when more liquid escaped my butt wetting my underwear. Good idea to put a towel down on ur bed!"

Oneshotwonder April 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Suprep worked great as far as doing it's job of cleaning my colon. However, 2 days later I developed serious diarrhea and have had it for 6 days. I've increased my soluble fiber, but it hasn't helped."

Oregonsky63 April 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Surprep is the most horrible tasting colon preparation that I have EVER encountered. I had to use a straw and gagged and my eyes watered after each sip. I see no reason for anything to taste so bad. I have had previous colonoscopies and never had a problem with the prep solution. My new goal in life is to warn everyone about how horrible this stuff tastes and get them to ask their doctor for an alternate solution."

PWig April 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Because I was scheduled for early morning procedure, my physician had me do both bottles of the prep last night. Yep, in, done, over with by 10am. So, at 5pm, he had me take a half bottle, mix it to the fill line with, his instructions, koolaid or lemonade, drink it down, repeat, and follow with an additional glass or two, of water. Repeat the whole thing again at 8pm. Now, from having read these entries, I did stop and get a straw to avoid some of the taste. It's not something I want to take every day, as once it started working, it worked really well! By this Morning, there really was nothing left. I also placed myself on clear liquids since Sunday which helped tremendously I'm sure, and I'm down 5 pounds!"

Emtee61 April 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Does the job, but tastes revolting, like drinking berry flavored sea water. It took me an hour and a half to get the first dose down and I only managed 2/3 of the second dose before vomiting. However I'd followed advice online and cut back my diet 2 days prior (both quantity and low fibre) and pretty much the first dose was all I needed to clean out so my prep was fine. Dr just told me there is another lower volume prep available, but insurance does not cover ($100), but it would be worth it next time for me. Tips to get it down - refrigerate beforehand, drink through straw, have water and something else (I used tonic water) to swill around your mouth after each sip to get rid of the taste. I also used a hard boiled candy on my tongue."

HeWo (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The flavor of this medicine is disgusting....I would describe as some type of grapeish medicine with a pound of sugar. Why not make it unflavored?! gross! Since my doctors instructions only say to add 2 oz of whatever clearish liquid to the medicine nothing will drown out the flavor with just 2 oz. It does work just tastes awful. Two years ago I vomited the second dose (was mixed with water) and everything was still fine for my colonoscopy. This time I sipped through a straw and did not use water and managed to keep the nasty stuff down. Good luck!"

nmfmom April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First bottle all the disgusting that most everyone says; plus chills and nausea. Then read here about straws & lemons (had none). SECOND bottle used the straw; yes bypasses most of the mouth surface. I drank 1/3 thru straw and immediately swished my mouth with BLACK coffee & spit & swished with MINT mouthwash & spit. Two more rounds of straw drinking & swish & spit. For me, TOTALLY worked; NO DISGUSTING TASTE. Sipped the additional water for an hour vs drinking it all down quickly like 1st bottle (no nausea or chills 2nd time). DO SOMETHING TO CLEAR YOUR MOUTH BETWEEN ROUNDS OF DRINKING THE MED. 8 stars for 2nd bottle & that I was 100% cleaned for colonoscopy per Dr. When you can see thru to white toilet bowl; you are sure you are empty!"

SECOND bottle EASY - do this: (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "So, I read the previous reviews with a lot of trepidation. But my experience was pretty positive. Is it something I want to do again? No way. But it wasn't intolerable as I feared. The taste isn't good but bearable if you chase it with something else (ginger ale in my case). As others have said, it's the water afterwards which is most difficult as you are already bloated. My stomach started making noises around 15 minutes afterwards and within 45 minutes I was confined to the toilet for the next hour and a half. But then it was all clear and we were good. The morning one was more limited as I was already mostly cleared. Maybe another 45 minutes on the toilet. The actual colonoscopy was a breeze. Nothing to fear."

anxiousone! April 8, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my third colonoscopy and my first time using suprep and it was very thorough. I was interested in this one over the ones that have you drink 64 oz which is too much so this was a plus. I wish I would have seen the suggestions on adding a bit of ginger ale or some peach mango crystal lite . I did try taking it through the straw but there is no easy way if you don't add something else to it to not have that distinct cherry cough syrupy taste. After drinking so much I was a bit distended and nauseas but that passed after 15 min. I was chilled as many indicated so I wore a sweater and winter coat. Problem solved. Because I had a low fiber diet all week my second half produced only clear liquids. Check internet for diet."

ShanInKS (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my second colonoscopy. The first one, four years ago, had a completely different prep that was pretty easy to handle - gatorade, bisacodyl laxative, polyethylene glycol 3350, magnesium citrate. Very effective and not too bad. This time (different doctor and city), they've prescribed a regimen of miralax, magnesium citrate, and suprep. The miralax and magnesium citrate were fine. The suprep, however, was the most vile thing I've ever had in my mouth. It's not the cherry flavor, it's the sodium in the solution that causes the instant nausea when it touches your tongue. I managed not to vomit the first prep, but couldn't handle the second. And this prescription, not covered by insurance, cost over $100."

MercLynn April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Yuck!!!! Disgusting and made me gag I mixed with apple juice as doctors office said to do this and I also chewed gum but it's very gagging."

Scs2017! April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Not bad at all!! I've had drinks at the bar that tasted worse. Very easy to take and very comfortable results. Vaseline applied and comfortable clothes worn. I felt wonderful from the first BM! "

Jennifer kaylie April 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This prep is disgusting. I suffered for hours. I tried mixing iced tea with the prep as my Dr. directed, but that didn't make it any more palatable. It made me gag each time I tried to take a sip. I took very small sips through a straw. I blocked my nostrils with tissue to try to reduce the nastiness of the flavor. I would not recommend it, although my Dr. said I was well prepared for the colonoscopy."

dj, rn (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "taste was not bad. My doctor had me take a laxative the day before drinking super prep. It made a big difference. all told this prep is 1000 times better then drinking the gallon prep. my insurance cover total cost of the prep. do not believe all the negative posts"

gators9001 March 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "After forking out $86 (!) for this stuff I followed the instructions and it worked without issue within an hour. Just make sure you're near a toilet for the next couple of hours afterwards. I didn't find the flavor all that bad, it wouldn't be something I'd choose to drink taste wise but it was easy enough to deal with. After the procedure I ate my usual food again and everything returned to normal a day later."

Nils 02 March 24, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was shocked to find that my "unflavored" (according to my pharmacy) Suprep was a sickly sweet, childhood grape-like flavor that I literally had to gag down. There is nowhere on the packaging nor bottles that indicated this flavoring. I finally found the full ingredients buried on the back of the poster size insert ".. sucralose.. flavoring ingredients.." I would rather add some Crystal Lite if I want sweet and I can choose my own flavor. Absolutely gross and needless flavoring."

Deezer B March 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my first prep. I avoided corn, nuts and seeds 3 days prior. Started my liquid diet Sunday AM. Sunday 7PM I Mixed Suprep with Crystal Light Lemonade and chugged it all down pretty quickly. I had sips of peppermint tea when I stopped for a breath between chugs. I read this advice somewhere. This really helped with the nasty aftertaste. After drinking it all, I rinsed my mouth with a nice minty mouthwash. Then I filled my own water bottle with 32 oz of water to drink. (Do not use the Suprep cup to measure the water you follow up the Suprep with). It went to work in about 30 minutes. I'll probably take the anti-nausea med before my morning dose at 7 am. Procedure tomorrow at 1:30."

First Time Prepper March 20, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I have had 2 other colonoscopies using other preps. By far, SUPREP has been the most thorough, but also the most difficult for me to ingest. I am not easily nauseated, so that was not a problem. But, I can see why someone could become quite queasy because of the taste. It has an overpowering cherry taste. I'm hoping that the next time I need to take it they will have a lesser cherry taste or, better yet, a completely different flavor...again, not so strong."

KeptitReal March 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Suprep Bowl Prep Kit was the vilest tasting thing I've encountered in 76 years. If you plan to use this preparation for a colonoscopy, find a way to mask the taste. The Suprep left me with a very upset stomach nearly 24 hours after ingesting the first of the two bottles. At times, while drinking the preparation I experienced some nausea. It did do the job of cleaning the colon, but it took a very long time to do it. The drug may work wonders for others, but I won't touch it again."

Bedoin March 14, 2017