User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Bowel Preparation 798 reviews 115 medications

7.6
Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 798 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Awful. The only thing worse was the concoction I used for my previous colonoscopy, which required twice the amount of fluid. I don't understand how the pharmaceutical industry can't come up with something more palatable."

quickstep July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was afraid to try this stuff, but not so bad. Just finished my first round- 2nd round 3:00 am! The good thing about it is that it works without cramping. I didn't even have to race to the bathroom. I put both bottles in the fridge yesterday. I bought 2 bottles of Mexican coca-cola and opened them up and put them in Mason jars to let them get flat and chill. I mixed the 6 ounce of Suprep with 10 ounces of Mexican cola. My instructions said to drink 4 ounces every 10 minutes. I held my nose and used a Bubble Tea straw. The stuff tastes like salty metal but it was tolerable. Bit into a lemon slice after each 4 ounces. The lemon takes away the taste. After I finished drinking the Suprep I was instructed to have 32 ounces of clear liquid, too."

Lisa_Jane July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE stuff! I barely got the first half down and fought back throwing it up all night long. There was no way I could do the second half the next morning. Thank God the first half was enough to do the trick. You would think that by now, with as routine as this procedure has become, someone would have come up with a prep that doesn't make you wish for death."

Captainjackk71 July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First off, I want to *genuinely thank* all of the folks who gave tips, hints & advice on ways to lessen the unpleasantness of this unenviable experience. Armed with such forewarning, I had my lemon (GREAT IDEA), a shoulder wrap & baseball cap to combat chills & everything I'd need pre-stocked in the loo. Using a clothespeg on my nose & lemon at hand, I got Round 1 of the grape-flavored Dead Sea water down in 20 mins. The 32 oz water chaser was a challenge, but I got it all down in just over the hour stipulated. Round 2 was worse. Prep improvement still needs work, Research & Development. 'Til that happens, I'll NEVER do this again. >=/"

ColinOScopy (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is without a doubt the worst med I have ever taken. This isn't my first colonoscopy, but I'm hoping I won't have another for awhile. With the first taste, I thought I wouldn't be able to finish the first dose. (I vomited twice while trying to get it down.) It took me almost 10 minutes to finish it. My second dose will be at midnight. I am going to actually start it at 11:30pm because I plan to take my time. I have also chilled it this time and will be adding Sprite instead of water. (I checked with the digestive specialist, and they said it was alright to do so.) I will be using a straw and have a lemon wedge. I'm really hoping this helps. If I have to have another colonoscopy, I will ask to use something else. Good luck!"

Laniecher July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Oh boy. This was prescribed for my second colonoscopy (did mag citrate the first time). The first dose was at 5 pm and I managed to get all of it down by chugging apple juice/broth between gulps. Used a straw the second time around (3 am). It's definitely cleaned me out but the taste and side effects are getting to me. I wasn't able to totally finish the second dose (got through 3/4 of it) as I became terribly nauseous and knew if I kept going I'd lose what I had managed to get down. The taste is beyond description (salty cherry does no justice to the monstrosity, in my opinion). Dr said not to use flavor packets with it so I diluted with cold water and chilled the bottle for dose #2 as advised on here. Will not be using Suprep again."

Clover03 July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I did not have the terrible experience others have described. I started by eating light the day before with a high fiber cereal for breakfast and again for dinner. I took a Colace before bed and with these pre-prep additions, I was already clearing out before I started the Suprep. I had my prep cold and then added filtered water. I used a thick milkshake straw and put on back of my tongue. Finished the drink in two gulps followed by lemon wedge. Five minutes later the butt faucet turned on. No cramps, nausea, vomiting, or headache. I did put Desitin on my bottom to help keep the skin from getting raw. I also used soft baby butt wipes for sensitive skin for the same reason. Next dose in 4 hours and I'm no longer worried about it."

TrixieB July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Reviews said that this tasted like salty cherries. Being the salt fanatic I am, I thought I'd enjoy this concoction. It smelled pleasant and looked like water which further tricked me into thinking it wouldn't be bad at all. WRONG!!! The first gulp I took was torturous, sending a cringe down my entire body and leaving the worst taste in my mouth and making me dread the rest of it. I added a straw, which made it more bearable, but I also cut up some lemons and took a big ol' bite of it after each chug to erase the unbearable bitterness. 2nd round of this, I almost couldn't bring myself to drink it. I added lemonade mix, didn't help, and was making me gag. But it emptied me out GREAT which is why I give it a 6"

Jordy bo (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrendous. I can't believe these people who say "don't listen, don't believe" all the horror stories, or "anxiety hype?" Newsflash, people, different things affect different people differently. No problem for you? GREAT!!!! Don't discount other people's perfectly legitimate comments. I for one could not finish the first bottle, not even opening the second. The first gulp was not too hard to keep down. It got progressively worse with every sip or gulp. Tried to dilute it more, no good. Tried lemonade, no help. I made it two thirds of the way through the first bottle, if that stuff ever touches my mouth again I will auto-vomit."

Guy with some sense July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my first screening .. and probably my last ... I got the first dose down with no problem . It started to work within 10 mins . I have been in the bathroom for 3 hrs . Full throttle at first .. and now the leaky faucet .. and my butt is on fire . So pat don't wipe and use the wipes if you can .. can't wait to see what happens on the second dose"

Leaky girl (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my first colonoscopy prep and it was not bad at all! The reviews really scared me. The stuff doesn't taste that bad. It's like super intense salty cherry sweet tarts. I refrigerated the Suprep and the water to mix it with. That really seemed to help. I used a straw and sucked it down within a few minutes. First movement came in about 30 minutes and tapered off about 3 hours later."

PattyWK July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Scheduled for 3rd colonoscopy tomorrow. First one at 49 and then on a five year plan due to family history of colon cancer. I just took first does of Suprep and I am already not looking forward to the morning regimen. The first colonoscopy I had to drink a different prescribed concoction. The second time around it was a Gatorade/Miralax mix. Both produced vomiting. I do not take in huge amounts of water during the day so the hardest part for me right now is getting down the additional 32 ounces of water. It took hours for something to happen with the Gatorade mix...I'm hoping this kicks in sooner...will give a follow up after my procedure."

loveari July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "The taste wasn't bad. Downed it quick as to not have too much time to consider the taste. I also drank close to the full 32 ounces right after and I was in the bathroom within 6 minutes."

SaintSation (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my 5th colonoscopy and 5th different prep. I was happy it was only 16 oz. twice. However, 15 minutes after the 5:00 dose I was physically ill which never happened with the other preps I have used. By 7:30 I vomited after willing it to stay down that long. When the 9:00 dose came along I tried to sip it between 9:00 and 10:00 pm. I got 8 oz. down and literally projectile vomited at 10:00. Nothing else was going down. Like many others I had a headache, bloating, and cramps. Bottom line I was sick from the prep. The nurse the next day said she has heard this from many people and I was possibly allergic to it. I would not recommend this to a first timer. Nor will I ever use it again. I would rather drink the gallon prep."

Cyclebabe (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrible!!! I vomited, had bad cramps, the worst taste & smell all night then had to do it all again in the morning. I've had the worst headache ever & I'm still sick a full day later"

Dreadful!!!Horrific!!!BAD July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "First dose went down OK. Second dose couldn't get it all down or would have thrown up what I already drank. Glad I had baby wipes. Actually, don't wipe just dab. Hope I don't have to do this again for a long time. Had some time to think sitting on the commode.....There are satellites in outer space that can see a candy bar wrapper on the sidewalk in front of your house, you would think someone could come up with a better way to do this. Maybe the medical community should talk to NASA!"

scardyKat July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "57 years old woman. Began prep early. If time allows, taper your pre test diet - you'll be GLAD you did! No red meat or fried foods 4 days before, chicken and veggies 3 days before, no meat, dairy or whole grains 2 days before, then only approved clear liquids day before as per Suprep instructions. Filled prescription early and chilled thoroughly. Took anti nausea meds 1 1/2 hours before I began drinking prep each time. Drank cold mixture as quickly as possible w straw then brushed my teeth. Chased with sips of cold water at a more comfortable pace. Finished within allotted time. Taste was not pleasant, but not so nasty as I feared. Lots of burping within 15 minutes. I experienced mild cramping as the potion began to do its job. Began to empty at the 1 hour mark. Cramping stopped with first bowel motion. Watery yellow stools continued almost nonstop for the first hour then tapered off, ending after 3 hours for a total of 4 hours from start to finish. I was able to rest until time for round two. Took second chilled dose 10 hours later. Tasted worse, perhaps because my tongue recognized the taste. Felt bloated before I got halfway through so wasn't able to chug the prep this time; chased with all 32 oz of cold water. This made me so cold I had to find a sweater! No cramping this time, but more burping. Bright yellow liquid output began in less than an hour. Emptying and burping continued for an hour. 2 hours start to finish."

Ms Fanny (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Not that bad aftet worrying from reading reviews.. Not great tasting took few sips each time about 5 mins to get it down...started in 10 mins or so with bowel movements ...mostly water..and they slowed down in a hr. 3 hrs later still having pretty much like pee coming out but definitely slowing down. I hope morning goes as well as now....really no need to worry ...way better than expected...guess it was better to be prepared for the worst."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Tastes absolutely disgusting. I did not read reviews prior to taking this product. Dreading taking the 2nd dose tomorrow. I experienced nausea, abdominal cramping, and headache with the use of this product. I noticed in the comments some people added other flavor liquids to this product but the instructions specifically state not to do so. I've had other colonoscopies performed in the past using various different prep methods. This by far is the worst. My doctor convinced me to take suprep as opposed to the Crystal light and miralax method. Come to find out with my insurance the suprep would have costs $70! I called my Dr's office to let them know I couldn't afford the out of pocket expense and they gave me the product for free as a sample."

D. Davis July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Please don't believe all of the negative anxiety hype. Mix with Gatorade/water, straw at the back of the throat..take a huge drink and suck on the lemon wedge as a chaser. Took me just three times to finish the 16 oz. Of course, I had a Catholic priest, a Haitian voodoo doctor, three Tibetan monks and a faithful follower of Brother John Birch by my side....just in case."

In & Out July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Not bad at all. Held my breath and downed the whole 16oz in one chug. 45 mins later, plenty action in the plumbing. No pain, no nausea. Don't believe everything you read."

Mikemikefjjfjdjdjjdnn July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I give this a 10 due to how well it gets the job done. The taste I cannot even explain. Be prepared for wanting to puke every single time you drink it. Smell delicious, like cherry koolaid but that is most definitely not what it tastes like. Started my prep at 6pm. Took about an hour, hour and a half to kick it. Completely stopped going at 2am. I have to take my second prep at 6am.. not looking forward to it."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I read all sorts of horror stories and I was terrified of this medicine and what to expect. 1) the taste didn't bother me WHATSOEVER. I've had cough syrup that tasted so much worse. It tastes like salty cherries, and I had no problems drinking it. It was almost pleasant. I chilled it prior to drinking and drank it like a beverage (mixed with water). 2) I experienced no nausea, no headaches, no cramping, none of the horrible side effects I read about. Just a faucet butt about 15 minutes after I drank the dose that lasted intermittently for an hour. Really not that bad. The anxiety was so much worse and really, there was nothing to stress about."

Itsnotthatbad (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I wish I could say the taste was the worst part. For me it was the two glasses of water you are required to drink after the first 16 ounces of Medicine. Apparently I drank it too fast as it bloated me up till I thought I would burst. Tried to burp but threw water up in my mouth. And like so many others here I am dreading the second dose at 2 a.m."

Notheruser (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: ""residual staining, small fragments of stool and/or opaque liquid" Boston Bowel Preparation Scale (BBPS) score equals 6. Seems like it could have worked better at its job to completely clean especially given the fact I followed the directions completely and the urgency was intense. I was not particularly pleased with having to go uncleaned out for my colonoscopy.."

bbps July 7, 2017