User Reviews for Magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate

Also known as: ColPrep Kit, Suprep Bowel Prep Kit

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate.

Bowel Preparation
7.4

Summary of Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate reviews 7.4 889 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium sulfate/potassium sulfate/sodium sulfate

For Bowel Preparation: "Ask for a different medication. I used one bottle and mixed with water, then 32 oz of water. Threw up 3 times. I am dreading the fact that I still have another bottle I have to drink in the morning before my appointment. I have had two of these appointments previously and never got this sick on the prep! It is the most horrible disgusting thing I have ever drank in my entire life!"

Sorry! December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I could only complete the first session. Within 5 minutes of taking the first mixture at 6:00 PM my BM's started. The BM's continued sporadically throughout the night approx. every 30 to 90 minutes until 8:00 AM the next morning. I consumed voluminous quantities of water to avoid becoming dehydrated. Around midnight, upper belly pain and chills began which lasted all sleepless night long. I did not dare try to take the second dose or I could not travel to the test site without soiling myself. My 9:30 AM colonoscopy was completed but my doctor said my colon prep was only "suboptimal" which resulted in a poor test. Even tho I had about 14/15 BM's from the first dose, my colon prep was "suboptimal". Never Again!"

Renav (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 3rd colonoscopy before age 50. Had to use the 1-gallon Golytely prep in the past and absolutely hated it - the awfully sweet flavors and the sheer volume of it was definitely the worst part of the whole experience, never mind the violent bowel movements! But with Suprep, the whole thing was a breeze. Seriously! Had a normal breakfast the day before which was wonderful since I never felt really hungry the rest of day with just the clear liquids. The schedule was also easy - just 2 doses, taste was bearable, and the bowel movements were gentle and smooth. I even had a normal night's sleep this time whereas with Golytely I would be up every hour or 2 rushing to the toilet. Suprep is definitely a huge improvement over previous preps."

3rd time is a charm (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I just wanted a simple colonoscopy on Monday morning for being over 50 yrs old. Sunday night I used the first bottle with water and followed up with over 32 ozs of water. Monday I was I the ER in bad pain. Lost 2 weeks of work recovering. Had to take painkillers and could not drive. I have notified Braintree Labs and have talked several doctors and to an attorney. Horrible three weeks."

Randy R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrible and vile tasting. Who thought this was better? No thanks. Gagged and finally forced down bottle one. Very effective laxative but the taste is nauseating!!! Will refuse this next time."

Eagles 2017 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The prep worked very well, the taste was horrid, and hard to keep down, after the AM dose at 5, I was still going at 7:30 and had to wear a depends to get to the Hospital, I had burns in my mouth, and although I used lots of A&D, my backside was scalded, With in a week of using this, I developed Psoriasis all over my body, I have been treated now for several months, which is expensive, Doctors claim that it couldn't be because of the Prep, although I have found two other senior women that have had the same results, I think this Prep is expensive and dangerous, Don't do it!!"

rlwalls2001gmail.com December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I had read good comments about Suprep... in fact one was, “I love this!”. All I can say is that this person could NOT have been a super-taster as 25% of us are. It smelled kind of good. I followed all the directions explicitly. Throughout the day, I had 14 additional cups of clear liquid (about 8 being filtered water) plus the 5 cups of water taken with Suprep), so I feel I was properly hydrated. The clear liquid included chicken broth and light apple juice since I was told you need salt and sugar to avoid a headache. I got nauseated, a headache and after the 2nd dose (which I dreaded taking after my experience with the 1st dose) threw up 3 times. Five years ago, I used GaviLyte and had no nausea, headache or throwing up. Suprep was recommended, so I went with it. NEVER AGAIN! I heard that doctors like it because it does a good job of cleaning out the colon. I agree with the quote, “AT WHAT PRICE GLORY?”! From now on, I will stick with GaviLyte!"

felicite3333 December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Don't sip it, don't taste it, just drink it fast, cold. It works within 30 minutes"

nalim1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I’m giving it a 5. That is 5 points for effectiveness and 0 for ease of use. It tastes like stomach bile with flint stone vitamin flavor. I have not had any other colonoscopies so I’ve nothing to compare it to. I couldn’t do it again though, I assure you of that. I’ve only made it to this site to seek moral support for the poor souls that have gone before me with this kit."

BarelyDidIt (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I was so nervous reading all these reviews. Started my prep last night and finished today. Tastes like cough medicine with salt. Not bad at all. Started toilet time in 30 minutes and finished with 3 hours. Easy!"

Don619 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Will NEVER use again, the cherry flavor is disgusting like drinking vile cough medicine, would much rather use the old prep and put lemon flavor in. Had nausea and chills, never ever again will I use Suprep!! Worst part is I still have second half to go, even the smell of Suprep, makes me gag. Sure wish I would have read this first, never would have purchased Suprep."

kzz November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Blecchh! Effective but tasted like pure cough syrup. I drank half of the mixture through a straw, followed by a ginger ale chaser, then did the second half the same way. I didn't throw up though and it did it's job but the company needs to come up with something better. Also expensive and not covered by my insurance."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Whoever gave the suggestion of biting on a lemon wedge in between chugging the Suprep is a genius! The worst part about the drink is the awful aftertaste and the lemon totally cuts it. I've taken this prep in the past and was dreading it again this time around - BUT - the lemon made it totally tolerable! I just finished chugging the solution/water mixture and now I'm on to my first 16 bottle of water. (I think the harder part is going to be to drink the 32 oz of water within the next hour due to bloating, but that part I can totally deal with!!!)"

Preppin November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This drug is very effective but getting it down is a challenge. Ask your Dr for an anti-nausea/anti gag medicine to take 30 min prior. Ondansetron works. Otherwise I could not have gotten the prep down. Do this: mix the prep as instructed. Make a second 16 oz or more glass of ICE cold water. Take very small sips of the prep and then wash it down with sips of cold water which disguises the taste AND the water causes the prep to work MUCH more quickly. Take small sips or it will come back up. Trust me, I did not think I could make it through the p.m. and a.m. preps but remarkably the ice cold water helped wash it down. Night prep is slower to start. AM is faster. I didn't need to finish AM prep when Stool was clear yellow liquid."

Louisak (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Superprep actually cleaned my system out really well. But it's the worst tasting, I almost threw it up several times while drinking it. I had to keep a glass of water and drink it in between. I tried to chug it so it would be faster but that just made the gagging worse. I personally would never use this product again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I managed to get every drop down of this horrible disgusting stuff. It had a sweet lemony lime taste and I have no idea how I kept from vomiting. It's much worse than drinking Alka seltzer. It made me so nauseated. It worked really well but I will never drink this stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I am in the midst of taking it now. The instructions clearly say to drink 32 more ounces of liquid . After I nearly vomited finishing the actual prep. Then I had to drink the water. Give it a few minutes and I vomited the whole thing up. So I haven’t used the bathroom once since taking it at 7 pm and it’s now 9 pm. Hoping the second bottle does something, but might need to reschedule my appointment."

Anonymous November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Overall not that bad. I'm not a big guy, only 140 lbs so I was a little worried the one size fits all instructions might be more than I need. And after reading the previous comments I was expecting it to be worse than it was. I followed the instructions and had no nausea and only mild cramping on the 2nd dose. To me the taste while not great was also not that bad, only surprise was it tasted somewhat salty. Just have to chug it down over half a dozen gulps. My only complaint is the ridiculous cost, outrageous. Bottom line however is follow instructions and it's not that bad, at least it was not for me."

JB Max (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Vomiting and diarrhrea at the same time - horrible. The most vile tasting medicine. Tried mixing it with lemon flavored water on ice and holding my nose. I still was gagging and vomiting. Doing it once is bad enough but then have to get up in the middle of the night to do it all over again? There's got to be a better way."

Emptiedout November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Hello. I started my prep @ 5pm, for an 8am appt. If u have plan to mix it, use anything other than cherry flavor as it already comes cherry flavored. I mixed mine w/cold water, drank it using a straw and it was horrific. The BM started within an hour. Expect it to be completely liquid. Within a few hours it stopped. My 2nd dose was set for 2am but I started at 1am since I knew I wasn’t going to be able to drink it, this is time I had chilled the med but it made no difference. I even tried sipping veg broth in between sips which didn’t help but what did help was gargling w/Listerine cool mint mouthwash in between sips. I was able to drink about 1/2 then quit due to wanting to vomit. With the 2nd bottle I had chills & nausea and BM started 15 mins later. This prep was the worst thing I had to consume although it is very effective. I will never use this med again. I will go back to Miralax which was more tolerable. I don’t understand why they can make a pill camera for the GI but can’t manage a palatable bowel prep?"

nxp1130 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is so bad I had to try to keep from throwing most of it back up. WHY in the world would they add that awful "fruity" flavor?? Miralax doesn't taste like anything, take note SurePrep! Seriously some of the most disgusting flavored stuff I've ever had the misfortune of drinking. Vomited some of it back up but luckily got most of it down. It worked to clear things out but at what cost? Just spent 4 hours walking around my living room trying not to throw up! I'll go back to the old method thank you. Expensive and disgusting!"

MixtyRep November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This was by far the worst stuff I've ever had. The liquid smelled like cherry soda but tasted like despair. It was the most soul-destroying experience ever. Getting the first batch down the pipes was difficult, due to the extreme nausea and horrifically bad taste. The second batch was a fight to not vomit it up immediately. I lost the will to live by the time it was over. NEVER AGAIN."

Never Again--Really (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "I had a very positive experience. I mixed the Suprep with cold water. I utilized a straw to suck it away from most of my tongue. I was able to get the entire initial dose down quickly, and and while I was still able to taste the product, it was not that bad. I immediately chased the Suprep with some grapefruit seltzer water mixed with lemon juice which removed all residual taste. The first movement came on in an orderly fashion within 30 minutes and continue every 15-25 minutes for the next few hours. I utilized Desitin in after each which prevented any rawness. The next morning I repeated the same process with the same results. By the 4th movement on the second day the necessary clarity was achieved and the procedure went well."

Shytski38 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "This prep resulted in severe nausea and vomiting. Please ask you doctor to prescribe a multi- laxative pill plus Miralax in apple juice as an alternative which I previously used and worked fine."

Souljamom (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate) for Bowel Preparation: "Don’t be discouraged by the negative comments. The taste was t nearly as bad as people say it is. I did the liquid diet as prescribed, dressed warmly, and used plenty of petroleum jelly on my behind. Several comfortable bm’s no discomfort whatsoever. Very effective and actually enjoyable. I’d definitely do it again."

Ruthiella (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017