User Reviews for Citrate of Magnesia to treat Constipation

Citrate of Magnesia has an average rating of 10.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Constipation. 100% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Citrate of Magnesia rating summary

10.0/10 average rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Anonymous · April 23, 2019

"I started my day off in a terrible mood. My stomach was aching, I couldn’t sleep and my belly was distended. After speaking to a friend he advised me about this product. I quickly ran to my 1987 mustang with the top off and rushed to the local pharmacy. With pain in my eyes I found the product I was searching for. I bought the root beer flavor because it’s da best. I opened it before paying and with one gulp it was gone. I don’t recommend drinking this hot but I needed it. I took the empty bottle up to the counter and paid for it. Reasonably priced I might add. I stepped back in to my hot rod and drove off. Unfortunately I took the scenic route. Nothing in sight other than trees. I began to feel a strange sensation in my gut. I took it as a playful fart and kept driving. A warm feeling quickly surrounded my cheeks. I pulled over as fast as I could and ran to the nearest tree. ...I would not recommend this unless you are at home."

Finally Relieved . . . · Taken for less than 1 month · October 23, 2014

"I highly recommend this product. I have been constipated for several weeks now and my doctor recommended 2 days before colonoscopy (in addition to prescription prep). I chose grape flavored CVS brand. I refrigerated night before and took at 6:45pm next evening. It is very sour but carbonated so it was doable. A family member suggested that I eat at same time to cut down on nausea which really helped. At first I felt like my stomach was going to explode because I drank the 10 oz bottle followed by 16 oz of water. Then there was a lot of stomach bubbling. I finally was comfortable enough to lie down and eventually fell off to sleep to be then awakened by this urge to pass gas at 12:40am. Don't do it!!! Find a toilet fast! It works!"

Intesinelly Better · February 14, 2015

"I have been stressed for many months. My nutrition and water intake has changed And my stomach has been uncomfortable for over a week. I chilled my 10oz bottle for 30 minutes and had dinner. Drank it around 7.30 and thought I was ready by 8. False alarm, but by 9.45, it began to work. Draw back is, almost a day later, I'm being cleansed. I used the lemon flavor. To make the taste more bearable, chill it and use a mint after. Make sure to drink 8oz of water as the instructions state."

Jaja · May 11, 2019

"I drank magnesia citrate, it was a half bottle and I chased it with warm water and it worked, within thirty minutes I was on the toilet. It is very good. My stomach is rumbling as I type lol. If you try the product make sure you drank with warm water."

Bill · May 1, 2021

"I have always been plagued with constipation as long as I remember. Maybe it’s what they call “aggravated colon” that I have - a VERY long colon. Colonoscopies, always, are almost impossible to complete. About twice a year I end up in the bathroom from 48-96 hours-torture! Magnesium Citrate is the only thing that helps me. I keep a supply on hand because I never know when I will need it."

blackdymin · March 27, 2008

"I was constipated for 10 day's - had tried everything - laxitive, enema, suppository and colon cleanser but nothing worked. After using this in 4 hours I had some relief."

Learn more about Constipation

Care guides

Medicine.com guides (external)

More about Citrate of Magnesia (magnesium citrate)

Patient resources