User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Constipation 8.7

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Omfgwtf January 20, 2021

For Constipation: “DO NOT DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE IF YOU DON'T NEED TO! I’m currently writing this review at 4am, after pooping 2 times an hour every hour since 9pm. I drank the whole bottle at around 1pm. Had solid poops 3 times! (9d ays constipated) and after 9.......my butt can not take it anymore!!!! I prayed that God would help me poop, now I’m praying he will make it stop. This stuff works. But my butt is on fire. I can’t sleep because the constant gurgling in my stomach and the constant urge to poop. IF YOU GET THE URGE TO FART IT IS NOT A FART!!!!!!! I’ve almost pooped myself 7 times. Don’t drink the whole bottle. Don’t drink the whole bottle. Don’t drink the whole bottle. I ate an açaí bowl, and 30min later I was pooping out the granola!!!!!! Make sure to stay hydrated. Lots of water. Also it might make your feel like puking and high possibility of wanting to die. Be cautious.”

towel January 14, 2021

For Constipation: “I was suffering from constipation for three days until I finally bought the lemon flavor of this stuff. I drank 1/4 of the bottle on the third day at 3pm, and drank some of it periodically in the following hours but I never finished the entire bottle. I woke up the next day, had a sip of coffee and at LAST a solid, normal poo. I never experienced any peeing from my butt like mentioned in some of these reviews. Maybe cause I didn’t drink the whole thing? Definitely works!!”

Finally Relief January 1, 2021

For Constipation: “I am 120# & did not feel confident with taking the full bottle of magnesium citrate. I drank 6oz w/ 3 8oz glasses of water at 6PM. No food 4 hours before that. Rumbling in abdomen/flatulence. 2 bowel motions following. Nothing extreme but helped. It is 10PM now, still some flatulence, abdomen feels better. I plan on taking the rest of the magnesium citrate tomorrow morning a few hours after breakfast/coffee. I recommend the magnesium citrate. I have been drinking a ton of water these past couple weeks, that may have helped with smoother BM & no burning. The cherry flavor was not tasty but bearable. I felt nauseous for about a half hour, lying down on the bed with legs raised & deep breathing helped. The nausea passed & has not come back. My advice is to not drink the entire bottle in one sitting, drink lots of water & Gatorade alternately, eat a few hours beforehand & plan on not eating for at least 6 hours after, breathe deeply, relax as best as you can, have your phone & a book on hand, hopefully you will find comfort & relief. :) Happy 2021!”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2020

For Constipation: “Took a whole bottle of the lemon flavor along with miralax and benefiber at about 8 pm. I had my first movement at 12am. pretty sure I birthed whatever was blocking me followed by the watery squirts. I made the mistake of thinking this was the end of it. It is now 5 am and I am having watery episodes back to back. The cramps are far worse than any period cramps and my ring of fire is in fact on fire. Vaseline and baby wipes will be your best friend, and if you have cramps the heating pad helps. I also personally got very bloated and kinda felt sick. This stuff is potent it will definitely clean you out and do it’s job!! (disclaimer, DO NOT TRUST A FART ON THIS!!)”

JuliaJ November 22, 2020

“I chugged a 10oz lemon lime bottle of this stuff, then drank a bottle of water. About 30 minutes after using it, I had severe bloating... my belly was literally popping out! I felt so sick and nauseous. I seriously thought I was going to puke. Well about 5-6 hours later I started hearing a bunch of rumbling in my belly and that’s the moment I RAN to the bathroom and I just started having water pour out of my ass! It’s like 4-5 hours later now and I’m still having a bit of stomach rumbling and I’m damn near the point of holding it in because every time I go to the bathroom it burns my butt SO BAD. My butt is on FIRE. Be cautious and do not take too much!”

LRT · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

For Constipation: “IT WORKS, I PROMISE!!!! Ok, so my doctor told me to drink one 10 oz bottle of magnesium citrate at 4PM this afternoon to empty my bowels before my hysterectomy in the morning. She said if the first one didn’t work, drink another one around 8PM. Ok, so I drank the one at 4PM. I swear, I have never had such awful stomach cramps! That was it though. So 8PM comes around. I drink the second bottle. 15 minutes later, I was having diarrhea so explosive and forceful that I was preparing myself for lift off to be launched into another galaxy somewhere deep into outer space. I’ll tell you what, if you ever have any constipation problems this stuff will fix it for you! As I mentioned above, I’m going in for a hysterectomy in the morning, but now? I’m wondering if I need to go in for anal reconstruction. This stuff is potent, y’all! If you plan on drinking this, don’t make any plans because you will be cemented to the toilet until your great-great-great grandkids graduate college!”

Vicky October 19, 2020

For Constipation: “Dr told me to prep for colonoscopy using magnesium citrate. I drank the whole bottle of this & I thought I would need an ambulance. This pain was equal to childbirth & a kidney stone. I had some severe bad reaction. I made it through alive, but all night long I was moaning & writhing around in sheer excruciating pain “10”. I seriously thought it might be the med of me. The Dr or nurses never heard of such a bad reaction before. I felt like I drank a bottle of poison. It did seem like a severe allergic reaction. I was so sick, I had to cancel my colonoscopy the next day, and redo it all again a few weeks later using an alternative replacement the dr gave me. But it may be wise, to test out drinking a smaller portion of this First on another day & see how things go, before a colonoscopy. They have many different options. FYI, it did do it’s job & work as far as flushing out the colon, but it was the TOP worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my whole 50 years.”

Uh-idk · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

For Constipation: “So I drank a whole bottle of this stuff around 6:30pm last night. Stomach felt bubbly but I ended up sleeping through the night, nothing happened. I woke up this morning and lost hope. That was until I took my first sip of coffee, then everything was full swing from there. I can't even get comfy in bed without needing to get up and run to the bathroom. So when you drink this stuff just know, comfortability is no longer an option. You WILL be in the bathroom every 5 min like I am right now. It's kinda like an edible, right when you think it isn't working, it does.”

Dumbkore October 5, 2020

For Constipation: “10/10 will clear you out. After chugging the entire bottle and downing half a gallon of water, I bloated real bad and felt nauseous. And then two hours later I was peeing from my ass. No really, I couldn’t leave the toilet. When drinking this be sure to have some soothing wet wipes and butt cream. Ya gonna need it .”

Anonymous September 20, 2020

For Constipation: “Maybe I’m just broken, but magnesium citrate hasn’t worked for me. I’ve been hospitalized for severe constipation. I had some MiraLax with lunch & chugged a 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate 1.5hrs after dinner. I thought this was a good combo for someone with my level of constipation experience. 1st mistake: taking it at night. I was already bloated but WOW. The gas & bloating was at a whole new level. I couldn’t even move without feeling like I’d pop. I was the blueberry girl in Willy Wonka. At 1 am, I fell sleep. At 10 the next morning, I was finally able to leave bed. I had a steady stream of butt pee and then, that all-too-familiar feeling of constipation. I was able to fart out a few soft pellets the rest of the day, but that’s it. I’m still severely bloated with sharp cramps. It’s been 26 hours since I chugged MC and I’m left constipated with a burning cinnamon ring, a balloon belly and gas to power New York City. I’m a lean, active 24yr old (mostly vegan.) Why can’t I go?”

Anonymous August 26, 2020

For Constipation: “Well I did chugged the whole 10oz bottle, around 5 during the day and now it’s 11:25 and I have not stopped but this works 100% but I don’t recommend doing the whole bottle, I should’ve done half honestly but things happen for a reason”

Why didn’t i read these 1st · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Constipation: “Went to an urgent care with severe back pain, bloating, the works, that the normal stool softeners/laxatives weren’t helping. After some Xrays I was told to buy 2 bottles of this magnesium citrate. THANK BABY JESUS I only drank one and not TWO at about 8pm. The doctor said to take it at bedtime. DON’T TAKE IT AT BEDTIME! From 9-2:30pm I had cramps that could only be compared to child birth, then came the fun stuff at 2:30AM. Currently I am sit stupidly at 4:30AM reading the comments that I barely glanced over before jumping into this, now I praying for this to be over. It works but never again will I willing take this. I swear I can still taste it when it’s clearly made it’s way through my system”

Rissa August 14, 2020

“This magnesium citrate took overnight to work for me but worked well. I had no pain or cramping just some bloating and nausea. I took it @ 9:30 @ night followed by a glass of warm water. I got up around midnight to drink another glass. I started going around 7:30 the next morning. If you have an impacted stool, be aware that you still have to give birth to that thing from your butt. And yes, it hurts. But once it’s gone, you will pass every food you have eaten since you came out of the birth canal. This is one of the easier bowel preps. It will clean you out and it does work provided you take it on an empty stomach and drink plenty of water. Soft toilet paper, baby wipes and some vaseline helps. Your cinnamon ring will thank you. Good luck.”

Jadedmonte · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Constipation: “I was afraid I was very constipated when my abdomen was bloated and hard and my back and abdomen hurt. I tried drinking the magnesium citrate and chasing it with a drink of something that didn’t taste horrible. I tried this with out drinking water afterwards and it had worked in the past, but I’m telling you that you really have to force yourself to drink a couple glasses of water. If you do not have diarrhea after this then it didn’t work. I don’t know how but I drank this bottle and nothing happened. Definitely drink this bottle at home alone and have a day to not do much. But my best advice is drink water with it .”

sweets March 7, 2020

For Constipation: “Immediately after drinking one bottle, I begin to feel incredibly bloated, but the real fun starts after about 4-5 hours. Sometimes I barely get my pants pulled down as I dive for the toilet. If I could time my bm's, sometimes they'd be 20 seconds straight of just sheer, vertical spray. I mean I actually sit there and laugh. After spending 20 minutes or so of having diarrhea with gail force winds , I can usually exit the bathroom. Bring air freshener with you bc I swear, after drinking mag cit, it smells something awful. Then for the next few hours my wife chants "run forrest run", because I literally have to jump up, clench those cheeks and made a mad dash to the bathroom. So in short, if you are gonna take this, do it in the morning. I would NOT recommend taking this after noon unless you want to be washing your bed sheets in the morning. And for the love of god, don't take this at work!!!!”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

For Constipation: “I may have a lot of poop but I am finally free of those days with constipation”

Sav · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Constipation: “Only use this as a last resort, it’s some intense stuff. It’s been over 24hrs and I’m still feeling the effects. I’m exhausted and tired of my stomach feeling the way it does. I highly recommend getting diaper rash cream, because you’ll most likely need it. Do not, unless told by your doctor, take a whole bottle of this stuff, it’s been one of the worst experiences of all my 20 years.”

Mdz · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Constipation: “I started having cramping especially after every meal. I went into the dr and they took xrays. Backed up even though I poop on the daily! He said it had to have been building over at least the last month. He told me to take stool softener twice a day for a week. Mineral oil twice a week and 1 bottle of MC at breakfast after the week and one at lunch. Seems like a lot to me Anyhow- I drank my MC at 9 this morning (haven’t eaten since last night) and finally have had two watery stools (it’s noon). I’m debating if I should do the lunch MC. I have been feeling nauseous all morning and feel so hungry but if I do a lunch MC I can’t eat :/”

Anonymous February 24, 2020

For Constipation: “Taste horrible but works very well”

Cynthia · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

For Constipation: “Started a new medication about a month ago and it has caused constipation as a side effect. For 8 days in a row I was unable to go #2, and I was starting to feel pretty awful. Found magnesium citrate on Amazon with really high reviews. Was nervous to use it because people said it could be really harsh on the tummy. I drank 1/2 bottle (cherry flavor) and was cramping in my abdomen 22 minutes later (I didnt realize it needed to be taken on an empty stomach, ooops). 8 minutes or so later the cramps lifted a little and I had my first BM. It wasn't eagerly, just loose. Super glad I didn't drink the entire thing because it worked right away for me. Phew. Will use again in case of emergency”

Barney · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Constipation: “I've been reading the comments. I did buy Citro-Mag and am going to use warm water as a few have said that this...urgh.. facilitated the action. I only took 60ml because I do not want a butt on fire. I hope it works with such a small amount. Will post the results. I've not gone for a week and my stomach is like a balloon now.”

Still going February 9, 2020

For Constipation: “I hadn’t pooped in about a week. I wasn’t uncomfortable but I knew I was full of poop. I have taken this before and when I was in this situation, so I decided to do it again. I am 105 lbs and drank the whole bottle. (Last time I drank half) big mistake. HUGE mistake. I took it at 5pm and didn’t start to go until almost midnight. I was running back and forth to brown town until 2:30am. Thought my body evicted every evil piece of poop from my colon. I was wrong. I woke up at 6am and my butt hole was puckering while my stomach was yelling. I ran to the toilet, once again and eliminated what I hope was the baby food I ate when I was 8 months old. Thought that was over. WRONG. I kept going!! How in the world is there anything left in me? I’ve gone 3 more times since I started this review. I mean, it works but I’m afraid to leave the house. Last time I took half, I'd like to know why I drank the whole bottle. My butt hurts and I’m pooping again.”

Anonymous February 5, 2020

For Constipation: “I was backed up for a couple days, tried 2 days worth of MiraLAX, didn't work. So I decided to give magnesium citrate (MC) a try, and it worked like a charm, and no burning. Lots of trips to the bathroom, but definitely a lot of relief. Will definitely use it again if MiraLAX doesn't work (always going to be a last resort for me).”

Raw and sore · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

For Constipation: “I went to the ER for a kidney stone, and the X-ray showed I was really backed up as well. So the ER doc had me drink a bottle of mag citrate. About two hours in my stomach was making sounds that would summon demons and then I exploded. I was pooping firey hot lava for over 12 hours. It's been over 24 hours and my stomach is still angry and I still have diarrhea. Bloody hemmys, poor butt hole, probably doesn't have skin left. Do not use this unless you absolutely have to.”

Jams · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

“For colonoscopy I was told to do a two day prep day one which was yesterday I took for Dulcolax pills and then hours after that a bottle of magnesium citrate and my body movements lasted for 16 hours. Today the second 3 more Dulcolax pills and the second bottle of magnesium citrate after four hours has not produced a single bowel movement I know I'm not gonna be cleaned out I'm wasting two days and I'm going to have to reschedule the colonoscopy”