User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 201 reviews 247 medications

9.1
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 201 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "This stuff is a miracle worker. Had indigestion and was just really backed up for a days and was nauseous so I decided to get this to just clean my system out and boy did it do the job. Literally started working like 30 min after drinking the whole bottle. Drank it at about 10am and now it's almost 1am and I still been running back and forth to the toilet. I feel like I've used the bathroom about 25 times today LOL. I'm feeling refreshed and much better. I feel like I'm never gonna stop pooping. Make sure you're free for the entire day and can be home when you take this stuff"

Kk the magnesium citrate user (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I wish very much I could give MC a glowing review like so many other reviewers. Unfortunately I can't, as it's been hit or miss for me. I was given MC several years ago to clear me out before surgery. Back then it worked, actually a little too well. I started going about 20 min after drinking the bottle (10 oz lemon lime flavor, not too bad) and I was still having spells of poop water 48 hrs later. This time is a different story. I'm in the middle of a bout with severe acute constipation and was given MC in the ER after my usual home remedies (Miralax, Senakot S, Fleet enemas) didn't work and I got desperate. It's been 8 hrs. since drinking the MC and nothing has happened except some tummy rumbling. So I'm still desperate :("

PoopieTortie (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Writing this review from the comfort of my toilet....After spending the last two weeks traveling and eating out more than ever, I was in dire need of a #2. Drank the whole bottle of cherry flavored around 5:30 pm and the urge struck around 9:00 pm....2:31 am and still rollin. Works like a charm, but plan to take this with PLENTY of time before bed. Also *DO NOT* drink it hot...left it in my car while I ran errands....the nausea hits like a ton of bricks within the first sip!"

Porcelain Queen (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Oh my goodness, this works like magic! For two weeks I had been in severe pain in the tummy area. I ended up going to the ER thinking there was something wrong with my gallbladder. Only problem was that I was SOOO backed up. They told me to drink some of this and it would work in an hour or so. Lets just say it was a river haha!! If you plan on taking this, make sure you're by a toilet! Once it starts you won't stop for a bit. Also remember to hydrate before and after. Before going I personally felt a little bloated and uncomfortable. But once it works you'll feel much better!"

Zosimus July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "This stuff is amazing. I too have bathroom issues and can go 3 days without going to the bathroom. This time it was a week. I drank it Friday, cleaned me right out and today I'm back to being regular. I think I lost 5 pounds! I was so surprised I didn't bloat for 2 days after."

Works wonders! June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "This stuff will GET YOU OUT of a jam!! Like many other commenters on this site, I write from the porcelain throne, after researching for hours whether or not this stuff is for me. I drank the entire bottle of Cherry MC. Then I drank a bottle of water (this part was hard, I was pretty nauseated). The water is what works it down! It took two or three hours to work for me. Since beginning this journey, it's been almost 11 hours and I'm still going strong. Scared to drink more water because THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE. I don't want to keep going but I need to stay hydrated. I feel relief from constipation, only to be met with the burning of liquid fire gushing out of my bum. Worth it. Baby Wipes, Water and A&D are a must to ride this ride."

Firesharter June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I've heard this stuff is the Liquid Plumber Of The Butt, but so far I'm unimpressed. I felt mildly backed up and my boyfriend recommended this to clear myself out. I drank a 10oz bottle of the lemon (the taste wasn't bad- I will take this over cough syrup any day) at 10:30pm. 5 hours and 2.5 bottles of water later, I've had a lot of stomach gurgling & bloating and, after straining because of no real urge to go, tiny squirts of liquified poop here and there. Farts thus far have been farts, and I remain skeptical."

Waiting4Poops (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "MC works like magic, I swear! I tried everything to pass the large hard stool. It was so painful that I gave up hope and headed to the ER. My doctor told me to buy a bottle of MC and to only drink half of it and wait for the recommended 6 hours before going for the other half. That's what I did. After about 2 hours of laying down waiting for it to kick in and half way through these comments I decided that maybe I should just finish the bottle. Except the second I stood up to go grab the bottle I got so nauseous followed by an immediate need to use the bathroom. It hurt so bad "pass the plug" but there was no stopping it. Basically the second I sat down was a hold on for dear life moment. Once that was clear the relief was instant."

Iwoulddoanythingforrelief June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "After being backed up for over two weeks, being asked how many months pregnant I was, and several suppositories, I tried MC grape flavor. It tasted AWFUL! Within 15 mins, I finished the bottle and immediately felt nauseous. An hour later I threw up like it wasn't anyone's business! 3 hours into it, I decided to use fleet liquid glycerin which helped my pass the "plug". I then went 3 hours with nothing. For the past 2 hours, I've rushed to the throne and have made it rain! I'm talking massive explosions and I know there's still more. I've probably lost 5lbs thus far, no lie! I highly recommend taking MC on an empty stomach because you will feel nauseous. Stay hydrated & use baby wipes. I longer look 7 months pregnant!! Happy pooping!! :)"

BackupforDAYS June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Wow! These comments are sooo funny. I am severely constipated few times a month. I can only go a little bit everyday and its rock hard and dry. I drank 1/2 a bottle of the lemon (sour but yummy) and followed with 2 big glasses of water. I feel a little nauseated but nothing too bad. Its 11:15pm so hopefully have some relief before I sleep tonight...or I may wake up a messy situation, lol."

Poop Deprived June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Oh my goodness this product is definitely a 10. I had been stopped up for 7 days and tried 3 suppositories, 2 days of stool softeners and even a Fiber laxative. Nothing worked! So I called my GI doctor this morning at 8:00 and the nurse swore on this stuff. She said take 2 bottles at one time and chug it down. Well I've heard how terrible the taste was so I decided to take one 10 oz bottle at 8:15 this morning. Oh my goodness by 11:30 this morning my behind was rushing to the toilet and boy did I feel better. Needless to say I spent 45 minutes on the toilet because every time I thought I was good to get up, once I stood up it would hit me again. So I'd have to sit back down for a few more minutes. I'm raw, but it's worth it!"

Raw/but relieved in Ga (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "So I was heavily constipated. I had an ultrasound to show my tummy because the bloating was so bad. Well I drunk MC around 10:30pm nothing happened . I went to sleep. Around 5:00am my stomach had a little rumble and then my BM came out like a damn hot fire hydrant. Over and over. This stuff is amazing . However stay hydrated and stay by a bathroom"

TucanSam May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Amazing! It had been a week since I was able to use the bathroom and then I heard about MC. I'd say within 10 minutes I had great relief!! A few times...definitely stay near a bathroom! I drank the whole thing. Felt amazing!"

Stopped up? Look no further! May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I'm 5 days post surgery and pain from gas and constipation was unbearable. After trying several other remedies without results, I finally I purchased and drank a 300ml bottle of lemon flavoured MC. Just 4 hours later I finally have relief! The pressure in my abdomen has subsided and I no longer feel like my stitches are going to rip open."

FinallyFoundRelief May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I had an impaction even though I usually have IBS-D. This was Horrible! Uncontrollable & uncontainable diarrhea now on 3rd day after one single dose in the ER."

Seagazer (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I get constipated quite often and I have tried everything, nothing but MC works for me, I really dislike the taste so I mix either the lemon or cherry with some diet 7up and it helps a lot, I drink the whole bottle at once.. you will definitely want to stay close to a bathroom!"

Hoosiergrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Magnesium Citrate can be used a bowel prep product if used as directed by colonoscopy nurse. In low doses it is a mild laxative. I use it for muscles and sleep much better at night."

Birki62 April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I wasn't able to use the bathroom for 3 days. Today I went to the dollar store to buy me some cherry magnesium citrate saline laxative. I drink 6oz of it and 42oz of water and hour later I was able to use the bathroom. 2 hours after that I had diarrhea. Thank God I was able to use the bathroom! No, more constipation."

bikerswife April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Taking pain meds after having back surgery really stuffed me up for 10 days. After trying stool softeners and miralax I hit the web and found lots of good stuff about Magnesium Citrate. I took it around noon and drank 4 or five big cups of water within a few hours. It tasted kinda bitter, but it didn't make me gag or nauseous. After a few hours I became pretty bloated and it was not comfortable. I was starting to think it wasn't going to work until 3:30 am when I finally emptied out. Great stuff. Feel so much better. Worth a day of cramps."

Plugged Post Surgery April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Tasted nice (cherry & lemon), no pain, cleared me out."

bob22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Holy guacamole Batman it worked! But boy it was a Journey lol for 4 days I hadn't pooped! I had already taken laxatives, stool softener, a bucket of prunes, fiber pills, other fiber pills and still no poop over the last 4 days! So I called friend that has Gastroparesis and asked her what she takes? She said MC! So here it 7:30 at night and I'm off to the drugstore. I chugged it at 8:43 I immediately wanted to puke after I was done. But I said no to myself I have to keep this down! I managed to get down another bottle of water in addition to the two bottles of water I drank before the MC! So I'm sitting here on the potty reading all the other stories and laughing so hard I shoulda crapped my pants but nope! No poop! An hour later I managed to make it to my bed it's 9:45pm insanely nauseated (I gave up on pushing even though I had the urge to) hoping I can just nap then I won't feel the sickness! Then I get this cold sweat come over me, my hands get all clammy, my head starts hurting, I feel like my heart is about to pop out of my chest, my pulse quickened even worse then it had been, my stomach turns and feel everything come up and I projectile puke like in the exorcist movie and it's going everywhere! It doesn't stop after one puke oh no! We're talking 3 projectile pukes! I can't even move closer to the restroom I just fall to the floor completely weak & out of control all cold and sweaty now just puking and puking! it's everywhere! Then when I stop I immediately feel better as far as the nausea and all those other side effects lol but now I have this huge mess! And still no poop! Plus I'm like great after all that now the MC ain't even gonna work because I puked it all up! Boy was I wrong! Got cleaned up and went to bed! Then about 2:04am I awaken with the urge to fart I run to the potty! And oh ya! It was like I pooped out the titanic or something! Once I was done pooping out the poop the size of a killer whale I wiped washed my hands and was gonna turn off the lights and shut the door then I was like ohhhh boy! I had to run back to the potty lol for an encore performance! I puked it all up lol I thought noway this isn't gonna work now! But it did! Dude I feel like pooped so much my legs hurt from flexing them while trying to push lol my caves n ankles feel like they are about to fall off lol and butt feels raw lol it's now 6:56am and I haven't had to poop again thank goodness. idk where it would come from lol all stool was intact no diarrhea so far!"

Projectile PUKER! (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Ive started on wellbutrin, and man, I've been extra extra backed up. This time I hadn't gone in almost a week after trying stool softners, senna, bulk laxitives, I even ate 3 servings of broccoli one night with high hopes. Lol. But I remembered my coworker was extremely constipated while she was on chemo last year, so I asked her what to do, and she said MC. Super cheap, and the cherry flavor, while sour, is actually quite delicious. I had a small solid bowel about 30 minutes after finishing the whole bottle (and then 16oz of water) so I was disappointed, but about 3 hours in, I was singing it's praises. Went to bed with no accidents, and woke up with more liquid stool, but no complaints here. I'll never use anything else again!"

SweetSweetRelief (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Well low and behold I took the MC around 11pm it is now 2:30am and I'm on the pot just pooping away :) my stomach still is a bit uncomfortable but I feel better :) I drank about 3/4 of a 10oz bottle! Highly suggest this for anyone who is constipated"

Poop patrol (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "This stuff works AMAZING! Drink a full bottle (I did the cherry and mixed it with 7up, it wasn't bad) and drink and ton of water. As much water as you can. I also suggest moving around instead of sleeping while you're waiting because movement helps your bowels move faster. This will work for you, just be prepared. Dedicate your whole day to this, you'll need it! Happy pooping y'all!"

Starzcj (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "After an alcohol binge that messed up my digestion for days I tried 4 tbsp of milk of magnesium, worked a bit, but after a day I still felt backed up. So I took a 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate at 8:30pm. Downed it in about 15 mins. I immediately got nauseous which lasted for about 2 hours. But I kept it down. In my 3rd hour it hit me good, I was in the bathroom about 8-10 times between 11pm-2am. I was able to feel better so I fell asleep. Woke up twice at 6am & 7am to another heavy explosion. When I got up at 10am I felt icky, not sick but my insides were crawling. That lasted for a few hours, but subsided. Now its 7pm and still making me go a bit, causing stomach grumbling and gas. Overall, if you want guaranteed effectiveness try this!"

Dorfman (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017