User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Constipation
8.9

Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 8.9 266 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "I took MC for constipation after miralax and Milk of Magnesium didn’t work for me. I got home and took 6 oz with water and 3 stool softeners. Needless to say I was going within 5 minutes after taking the MC and stool softeners. It was an easy process. Nothing hurt to come out but I did get diarrhea. I took a shower then ate some grapes which was my mistake. Because my body was still dealing with the MC. I ended up vomiting. Which is also a side effect of the drug. All in all I would recommend if you have hard time finding relief and want it quickly like I did after not going for 5 days."

Jordan (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Constipation: "I have to take this for an upcoming surgery. Nurse told me to take it 18 hours before for my surgery because "it can take some time to work." SO, I thought hmmmm, I'm feeling bloated and backed up, I better do it two nights in a row instead of just the day before. I drank 2/3 of the bottle with plenty of water. Within 20 min I had gurgling and an urge to go. Within 30 min it was more than an urge. More like an exciting, intense fear. A game almost, Will I make it?? You have about 3 seconds to play that game. I lost count at how many times I went but it was around 15 times in just a couple hours. Each time thinking, this must be it. There can't possibly be anything left in me. Nope, 5 min later, here comes something you ate 2 months ago....The best part is since I thought I knew more than the nurse, I get to do it all over tonight! Yay! (eye roll) But I am loving this hollow feeling in my body. Complete and total clean out!"

Tooter McPoopy (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Constipation: "Let me tell you... it took only 50 min for this to work on me!"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Constipation: "My advice: Do NOT take the whole 10 oz. bottle at once. This laxative is very effective but very powerful. I drank 6 oz. of the 10 oz. CVS lemon-flavored solution, and then drank plenty of water. Two hours later, I had both sudden nausea and an urge to go to the bathroom. The Magnesium Citrate worked great at relieving the constipation. But the nausea was bad -- I'm lucky I didn't vomit. I can't imagine taking a whole bottle at once. Take the lowest dose listed on the label; then take more if you don't get results in six hours."

use in moderation September 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "It has a very salty, briny taste with undertones of lemon. I then followed it up with H2O. Around 8pm, nothing. So I downed a full glass of apple juice. By 11pm something was afoot. I was in for a long night. I was ready. Around 11:30pm things started slowly. Then “BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!” I was off and running! Thinking that I was finished, my bowels informed me, “We are going to do this one more time…" Now nausea had kicked in. I now could not leave the toilet, and not sure if I was going to vomit. I finished, cleaned up ,scrubbed the toilet. To make a long story short I was up all night. Went through 1½ rolls of Charmin on my burning bum, and 1 roll shredded by my inner Wolverine. Hey, I needed something to hold on to as I was crossing the universe. So with no sleep, angry bowels, feeling like there was a flame thrower at my rectum, it was time to go to the hospital. I was so nauseous. Went to check in, then proceeded to vomit bile all over the place because, why not? My bowel prep was now complete."

Disaster Pants September 19, 2018

For Constipation: "My reaction is a bit more measured than others. It does work and worked when other laxatives like Miralax and stool softener capsules did not. In fact they did nothing. It took about 3 1/2 hours to kick in. Nothing out of control or explosive but it did the job when others didn't. At about 3 bucks for a bottle, a good cheap way to get things moving."

rubyt (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Constipation: "It didn't help with constipation even at high doses, but worse than that caused extreme panic attacks that lasted for days, and depression too. Thinking it dulled the effects of my anti anxiety and anti depressant medicine. It's the only different thing I've been doing."

Jd September 4, 2018

For Constipation: "Though the taste is horrid and it does supply some side effects (stomach gurgling, mild cramping) this stuff WORKS. Though the bottle says half hour to 6 hours give it a full 24 hours before you discredit it, for me it took around 10 hours. It may not feel like it's going to work but the urge will come fairly abruptly. You'll need a day off of work, a lot of toilet paper, water, and your phone or some reading material at the ready!"

Dairy lover September 4, 2018

For Constipation: "Like others, I’m writing this from the toilet. Be prepared, it is going to be a waterfall. It’s 2am and I see no end in sight. I’d honestly suggest wearing a diaper if you want to try and sleep between each time you sprint to the bathroom."

neverendingpoo (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Constipation: "I went to the ER two nights ago, with severe pain and pressure. After an x-ray, blood work and a CT scan, I was found to have a leaking ovarian cyst and on a side note, the CT showed a seriously full colon which was actually contributing to my pain. I'm 5'7" and 120lbs so bloat is OBVIOUS! Co-workers were looking at me funny I mean I looked 7 months pregnant. Seriously. I was bloated for close to a month. My ER PA suggested this stuff. He handed me a bottle and said drink half the bottle. If that doesn't work, drink the other half. This stuff worked like a charm!!! I've got some serious lower back pain all of the sudden though, but I'm assuming that's from the leaking cyst and as I said I have other concerns. I don't care! I FINALLY POOPED!!!! I mean it was amazing. It started slow...but then bursts of pure liquid. Best feeling ever!!!"

happypooper August 27, 2018

For Constipation: "Okay...so I was in the hospital for parasites about a month ago and ever since then I have only had BMs if I take something. And even then it's still difficult. My mom recommended this stuff to me. I drank about 3/4 of the 10oz bottle at 3:30pm and I started exploding at 5pm. If you need to go, it works. Only downsides I experienced are pretty bad nausea and cramping (comes and goes between movements) and the fact it's not an instant one and done relief...don't take this if you have plans and can help it. I'm gonna have a hard time at work in the morning..."

StruggleBus (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Constipation: "Been on pain meds for four months. Found out my stool was impacted. Took stool softeners and laxatives, no results. Drank one full 100 ml bottle of the grape flavor and oh buddy the insides got to rolling. If possible just stay on the toilet. I repeat stay on the toilet. Still going 4.5 hours later but much less violently and not much cramping."

Veronica August 23, 2018

For Constipation: "I mixed the cherry flavor with Gatorade fruit punch over ice. 50/50. I don't know how you guys are drinking this straight. But I'm not good with sour, the Gatorade made it a lot easier to get down."

Alm (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Constipation: "I took it because since I came out of the hospital(August 14th) I've been constipated. I tried several different things and nothing worked. My dad said try this stuff cause it always works for him within 30 min. Well it didn't work so I went to bed with a diaper on just in case. I figured I'd buy another bottle of it tomorrow. About 24 hours later it worked."

RedSoxChicka (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Constipation: "This product works great! Recent bouts of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome - constipation) has sent me to the ER now twice. No bowel movement for 7 days, drank prune juice, took lax, 2 enemas, stool softeners, nothing worked! After ER trip, doctor recommended this miracle drink & sent me home! You will need the next 12+ hours off. I drank the lemon flavor & didn't find the taste that bad BUT it made me super nauseous for an hour after drinking it. Took about 8 hours to kick in, tummy gurgles & the next morning, everything has come out in liquid grossness & I have a feeling it will continue all day! I was worried this wasn't going to work after a few hours and no results but other reviewers have had different timelines of how quick this takes to kick in. When all else fails, this product does what it needs to do! Will save me a lot of time and money on any future ER visits! $3 a bottle and issue fixed...for now! Wish I found this product sooner!!!"

Dayne (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Constipation: "I definitely recommend this product when you're seriously backed up. Or if you suffer from IBD (irritable bowel disease) with constipation like I do. You know that drill. One to two weeks of constipation and then straight up diarrhea... Anyway this is the second time I've used it. Taste is pretty nasty but it gets it done. You're in for some serious power hosing on your toilet. Make sure you stay near a bathroom after taking it. First time I took it my bedsheets ended up as a casualty. Be warned. Its liquid dynamite lol"

Tranquilthought (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For Constipation: "Today is day 16 without a bowel motion (BM). On day seven I went to the doctor and had blood work up (all fine) and was put on magnesium tablets and mirlax with no result. Back to dr day 14 got CT scan ( showed no blockage) now today, day 16 dr gave me a 10 oz bottle of cherry calcitrait. It’s been five hours and still no results. As far as my dr is concerned I’m ok..."

Opp (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Constipation: "Constipated for 4 days and tried bisacodyl (5 mg followed by 10 mg next day) then glycerin suppositories with no effect, then tried MC at 4 p.m. yesterday (lemon effervescent) followed by continuous 3 oz. sips of water. 5 hrs later I started to hear faint stomach noises that became more noticeable in the next hour. Then at 10 p.m, I had slight watery toilet output, nothing urgent or explosive. Every hour through the night to 6 a.m. I had more watery toilet output, forceful but not explosive, replenishing water with small sips. Today I feel great and relieved that I found something that worked. Hooray for magnesium citrate."

Anon70 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Constipation: "My doctor said she thinks I may be constipated, so she recommended I drink a bottle of MC (10oz). I took this around 11:30AM. I started having bowel movements around 2:40PM. The bowel movements were off and on about every thirty minutes or less until around 6PM. Then they happened every hour or more. I had awful rectal burning and bleeding from using the bathroom so much. This stuff cleared me out, but my bloating and stomach pain are still there."

Mnp3 July 28, 2018

For Constipation: "Worked like a charm"

Heyitstiffany (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Constipation: "I drank a whole bottle at around 2pm after realizing that I haven’t been having a regular bowel movements since moving to Hawaii a month ago. After about 5 hours I began to have a nauseated feeling and some cramping and right after I experienced the first round of the meds working. It’s now 10:34 pm and I’m on my 4th run to the bathroom. I recommend taking this early in the morning so you’re not up all night. But it definitely works !"

Brandy (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Constipation: "I have had some very hard stools the past few days and I've been really uncomfortable. I got some MC this morning at Walmart for 98 cents after reading these reviews. I was scared to try it because so many people have said it tastes disgusting. Well luckily for me I'm a huge fan of sour stuff it literally taste like carbonated sour juice . tastes great to me ;) . I noticed my stomach started bubbling and I had to go , I'm still waiting for more results but so far so good"

gabgab (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Constipation: "I had a Urolift procedure 10 days ago. Somehow got a UTI. The doctor prescribed the antibiotic Bactrim. Started taking it I noticed I could not go to the bathroom. The "clog" felt like it was high up the colon and just would not budge. Due to the surgery straining was out. I tried glycerin suppositories, Fleet Enema, Miralax, eating prunes, bran cereal and taking two Citrucel's to build up the fiber. Nothing worked. Researching I found MC and read the reviews. The more I read the more I wanted to try this product. So I bought a bottle of the cherry flavored. It was ok. I mean I have taken worse medications. I drank a 50 ounces of water and continued to drink water the rest of the day. I can see how you could get dehydrated if you don't. Within 5 minutes it started doing its job. The clog was the first to go. Make sure you are around the house the entire day. It feels like I have lost 5lbs and my bloating etc is no more. I will definitely use this product again if I need to."

Mike July 7, 2018

For Constipation: "I haven’t had a BM for almost a week. The past two days were the worst. I felt bloated, nauseous and uncomfortable with abdominal pain. Nothing, including two enemas helped until magnesium citrate. Things began to “flow” about an hour after I drank an entire bottle. I’m not going to lie this stuff isn’t for the faint of heart! It’s tough going down and even more tough going out! But it cures my constipation which I desperately needed."

kJ July 2, 2018

For Constipation: "I am writing this review right after I finished passing my constipation. This product works great I was clogged up for about three days. If you think this product will relieve you of all your pain then you are sorely mistaken. It merely softens the stool helping you to relieve it. It's like the robin to your butt, it's a lot of help but it's still just a sidekick to your batman. The only reason I didn't give this a full ten was because instead of just drinking one and being over with it I needed two full bottles of this. Overall a fine product but it tastes s terrible, nauseatingly terrible. I'll start eating better and exercising more, pizza and Internet are not worth this kind of pain."

TYE June 27, 2018