User Reviews for Magnesium citrate systemic

Constipation
8.9

Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 8.9 284 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "I hadn’t gone for about 7 days. Tried Miralax, suppositories, and an enema, but those didn’t do anything. Finally, my doctor told me to get this. I drank 3/4 of the bottle along with 8 oz of water. It took about 8 hrs before anything happened. I didn’t have diarrhea like others, but I did have a couple of initial BMs that were soft. My stomach has been gurgling off and on since the initial BMs and I’ve used the bathroom a few more times, but it hasn’t been bad. Just happy to get some relief."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

For Constipation: "This works, could not go #2 for 4 days and lots of pain, bought the cherry kind from shoppers drugmart and drank half the bottle as per the pharmacist and 6 hours later it worked. I feel a whole lot better now as I sit here on the throne writing this!! I totally recommend this product 1000%"

Timhamilton January 19, 2019

For Constipation: "I had no idea what this stuff was but was directed to take it because I had fecal impaction, that along with 10 mg of dulcolax. I didn't do any research before and did exactly what my dr. told me. I drank a whole 10oz bottle of MC. Within 15 minutes I had a bowel movement of pure water, then another, and another. One of my bowel movements actually had solids in it, which presumably were some of the impacted stool. I must have had 7 bowel movements in 1 1/2 hour, and still having them at the time of writing this. I actually drank a gatorade and the color of the gatorade was what my water looked like in the next few bowel movements. I honestly started to get anxious and thought about going to the hospital. Instead I called the clinic of the dr. who prescribed this to me and they laughed and said I was ok and just to drink enough liquids. That's where I'm at right now."

anonymous January 18, 2019

For Constipation: "Well I read many reviews here before I took the MC. Lots made me laugh but y'all gave me a concern. As we were travelling I did not want to be in an explosive situation however I was pretty desperate for relief. So at 7pm I drank 1/3 of a bottle of CVS lemon. And it is NASTY: syrupy tart and difficult to get down. Drank about 10 ounces of water and waited. A few belly rumbles but nothing. So at 9pm I took a bit more- drank down to the 1/2 way point. And more water. At 10 pm the urge hit and I managed to pass 2 extremely painfully huge bulky stools. What I think happened is the smaller amount I drank started to work higher up in my colon but did not get a chance to penetrate things further down. Not pleasant but it got the job done. The upside is I was able to travel the next day without incident. 1/2 a bottle worked for me with lots of water - thanks. Try to be patient and take as little of this as possible. I cannot imagine how people survive taking multiple bottles!"

Abc123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

For Constipation: "My advice, do not use the whole bottle! Start with half and wait a couple hours to see what happens. I made bathroom trips for almost 24 hours and it also increased urination. I became extremely dehydrated even after drinking Pedialyte and water the entire time. This medicine does it's job but it's not a good experience and hard on the system. I would use it as a last resort."

Dehydro (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Constipation: "This is a review that applies to my brother. He has stage four bladder cancer. They gave him this stuff while hospitalized. His bladder had been pressing against his colon because of the cancer. They removed his bladder amongst other things. Then the next day after this surgery they gave him this stuff. It is a very strong laxative I know I have used it. He wound up tearing a hole in his colon which in turn unleashed an attack of infection that they are still trying to control. This stuff is great in this case it almost borders on malpractice given the fact that they knew how thin the wall of his colon had become. I would recommend using only after pretty much everything else has failed."

Iceman (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Constipation: "I took two bottles of this because I was very stopped up. One at 4pm and one at 8pm per doctors orders. It does the job but so harsh. I literally had to have my husband go out and buy me diapers, I literally cannot make it to the toilet when the urge hits. It is uncontrollable. It is complete liquid- coming out like a fire hose every time. I’m writing this review from the potty- where I’ll be all night. Sorry if this is TMI, but users beware!"

girlygirl15 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

For Constipation: "I was constipated for several days due to traveling and eating like a garbage. I tried the cherry flavor. I only drank 1/4 of the bottle and diluted it with water. Started working within 2 hours. I had some nausea but I took some Zofran to take care of that. I was able to have multiple bowel movements without diarrhea. 10/10."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

For Constipation: "After a trip to the ER, days of different laxatives, suppositories, the whole works, I finally picked up this magical bottle. I had been constipated for almost a week and was pretty much willing to try anything. I read a lot of reviews saying this stuff works within minutes to an hour. I drank the whole bottle at 3pm and I felt my stomach churning with mild cramping but still no bowel movement. Hours later, still nothing. I was convinced I was going to take another trip back to the ER. After 8 hours I finally had my first bowel motion and from there on out my intestines just cleared out. So thankful for this medicine. Give it at least 24 hours to work, chances are it will."

This stuff works (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I had to drink a 10 oz. bottle of MC per the instructions of and Intravenous pyelogram (IVP) test preparation. I chose the lemon flavor hoping it would taste like Sprite but it ended up tasting like concentrated lemon juice soaked in a sugar cane stalk with a splash of seltzer. I wouldn't say it was bad, just tart. I still wish I would have selected the cherry flavor. I would say I will get cherry next time but I don't want to jinx myself into experiencing a next time. After a couple of hours, I felt the rumbling, the thunder from down under. I spent a fair amount of hours on and off the royal throne, spewing the spawn of watered down volcanic eruptions. All in all, it did its designated job of cleaning me out. I am approximately 15 hours out now and I don't want to go anymore. I am good. Oh, your anus will burn. Buy cool creams ahead of time....Tucks pads....ice."

GypsyGal (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Constipation: "I have been traveling nonstop for a few weeks and not eating so great. When I arrived back home, I could tell my body needed a little help moving things around. I bought the stuff at the drug store and drank the whole bottle in about 5 minutes. It doesn’t taste great. It made me feel a little nauseous but nothing too crazy. About an hour after drinking it, I started to feel some really strong gurgles. A tip for anyone who is going to take this- when you feel the urge to go, RUN! I have gone at least 7 times in the last hour, and it’s completely liquid (sorry TMI). It literally liquifies your insides. I see no end in sight. It’s harsh but it does that job!"

allcleanedout (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Constipation: "It’s good and makes u feel better. Don’t leave your house and don't take it if hyour not in your own home. Drink a lot of water when you take it and exercise or walk a lot it will hit u faster and better . I’ve been eating healthy and I got to the gym everyday still get constipated I don’t know why ??"

Joseph (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

For Constipation: "I have taken MC years ago after vomiting the cleanser given prior to colonoscopy. Omg, this was the best. Talk about a cleanse, wow! I remember cramping but felt sooo much better afterwards. You must be near a bathroom, it worked pretty quick for me. It was an all night thing but again, Worth every minute on the toilet. So much relief! Yesterday, I spent all day in the ER due to severe sharp pains on my lower right side. I was thinking appendix. ER took 2 CT’s, one without contrast, one with contrast . It showed my blocked bowels. They sent me home with nothing except diet suggestions. Duh. I’ve been in bed still with this pain. Tomorrow first thing in AM, I’m taking MC. Hoping for relief again."

Petey (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Constipation: "THANKFUL For the making magnesium citrate! And for all you on this unique site! I was soo afraid this rock hard mass would tear me apart trying to get out, or that MC wouldn't work. I drink super shakes to avoid constipation, but 2 wks.after surgery and not wanting veggies I was a week impacted. After frantically searching, I read this site and drank half a bottle of lemon lime MC mixed with a glass of grape Power-drink, sugar free. Just like grape soda. Drank whole water bottle after 20 min. Plus 2 big cups hot H2Owith fresh lemon (and sugar!) In three hours, overwhelming urge had me in tears as mass tried to exit. Went back to couch. An hour later, rush to john, sat there in terrible impacted pain, then this large hard mass suddenly softened enough to push out followed easily by the rest of contents which were fine. Didn't take full bottle, 1/2 gave relief."

Maggie (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Constipation: "So I have been dealing with constipation for 3 days drank a whole bottle of this stuff and 30 minutes later uncontrollable bursts of liquid for another 2 hours and also a slight head ache maybe caused by the amount of water it takes out of your body. While drinking it the nausea was crazy but it got job done. I do recommend this product P.S still sitting on the toilet "

Poop scoop (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Constipation: "So I have been dealing with constipation for 3 days drank a whole bottle of this stuff and 30 minutes later uncontrollable bursts of liquid for another 2 hours and also a slight head ache maybe caused by the amount of water it takes out of your body and while drinking it nausea was crazy but it got job done. I do recommend this product P.S still sitting on the toilet XD"

Poop scoop (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Constipation: "I have struggled with IBS-C for 16 years. You name it I’ve tried it. Probiotics, magnesium supplements, fish oil, B Complex, Mira lax, enemas, and stool softeners. This product worked but I was so severely backed up for 4 1/2 days due to stress and taking Ativan that it caused extreme cramping, profuse sweating, gurgling, and such extreme bloating I looked 6 months pregnant and it was extremely painful. Several times I considered going to the ER but I stuck it out. It took 11 hours to kick in and work for me and my digestive tract. It was completely miserable and I really only recommend it in dire straits situations. I am hoping to get back on track and not have to use this product again for a very long time."

Jojo (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Constipation: "This stuff is like your daily metabolism. If you eat rice daily. You will most likely have slow digestion, my stomach is asian. So most reviews say about 3+ hours, my was 12 hours and ran to the toilet. My stomach was rumbling various moments during the night, before and after sleep. I woke up with a mild cramp. Hours later, the Magnesium Citrate had created water and feces...bits of poop. Eat one meal that is chewed or even yogurt. I would not eat any other foods. Drink water for the other part of the day. [I drank 1 MC lemon bottle with juice]"

Yoda Wise November 1, 2018

For Constipation: "Little nervous. Drank the bottle had 3 or more full glasses of water. I started a little then it completely stopped. Hope it works. I feel a little sick to my tummy. Even drank warm chicken broth hoping something warm would get things moving. What happens if it does not work. It is a Sunday and Drs offices are closed ? Any suggestions?"

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Constipation: "I took MC for constipation after miralax and Milk of Magnesium didn’t work for me. I got home and took 6 oz with water and 3 stool softeners. Needless to say I was going within 5 minutes after taking the MC and stool softeners. It was an easy process. Nothing hurt to come out but I did get diarrhea. I took a shower then ate some grapes which was my mistake. Because my body was still dealing with the MC. I ended up vomiting. Which is also a side effect of the drug. All in all I would recommend if you have hard time finding relief and want it quickly like I did after not going for 5 days."

Jordan (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Constipation: "I have to take this for an upcoming surgery. Nurse told me to take it 18 hours before for my surgery because "it can take some time to work." SO, I thought hmmmm, I'm feeling bloated and backed up, I better do it two nights in a row instead of just the day before. I drank 2/3 of the bottle with plenty of water. Within 20 min I had gurgling and an urge to go. Within 30 min it was more than an urge. More like an exciting, intense fear. A game almost, Will I make it?? You have about 3 seconds to play that game. I lost count at how many times I went but it was around 15 times in just a couple hours. Each time thinking, this must be it. There can't possibly be anything left in me. Nope, 5 min later, here comes something you ate 2 months ago....The best part is since I thought I knew more than the nurse, I get to do it all over tonight! Yay! (eye roll) But I am loving this hollow feeling in my body. Complete and total clean out!"

Tooter McPoopy (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Constipation: "Let me tell you... it took only 50 min for this to work on me!"

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Constipation: "My advice: Do NOT take the whole 10 oz. bottle at once. This laxative is very effective but very powerful. I drank 6 oz. of the 10 oz. CVS lemon-flavored solution, and then drank plenty of water. Two hours later, I had both sudden nausea and an urge to go to the bathroom. The Magnesium Citrate worked great at relieving the constipation. But the nausea was bad -- I'm lucky I didn't vomit. I can't imagine taking a whole bottle at once. Take the lowest dose listed on the label; then take more if you don't get results in six hours."

use in moderation September 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "It has a very salty, briny taste with undertones of lemon. I then followed it up with H2O. Around 8pm, nothing. So I downed a full glass of apple juice. By 11pm something was afoot. I was in for a long night. I was ready. Around 11:30pm things started slowly. Then “BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!” I was off and running! Thinking that I was finished, my bowels informed me, “We are going to do this one more time…" Now nausea had kicked in. I now could not leave the toilet, and not sure if I was going to vomit. I finished, cleaned up ,scrubbed the toilet. To make a long story short I was up all night. Went through 1½ rolls of Charmin on my burning bum, and 1 roll shredded by my inner Wolverine. Hey, I needed something to hold on to as I was crossing the universe. So with no sleep, angry bowels, feeling like there was a flame thrower at my rectum, it was time to go to the hospital. I was so nauseous. Went to check in, then proceeded to vomit bile all over the place because, why not? My bowel prep was now complete."

Disaster Pants September 19, 2018

For Constipation: "My reaction is a bit more measured than others. It does work and worked when other laxatives like Miralax and stool softener capsules did not. In fact they did nothing. It took about 3 1/2 hours to kick in. Nothing out of control or explosive but it did the job when others didn't. At about 3 bucks for a bottle, a good cheap way to get things moving."

rubyt (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018