User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 137 reviews 244 medications

9.1
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 137 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "Well, this is my second attempt to take mag citrate. I have chronic constipation and often wake up with sharp abdominal pains and pain on my back. The first time I tried mag citrate nothing happened. I blamed myself for taking 64oz of water right before I took the medication. I thought I may have diluted it by drinking water so that it had no effect. I have chronic constipation with no bm for 3 days and only a tiny bm when I poo - and after intense rocking back and forth just to poo. I took a whole bottle of lemon mag citrate without too much problem . I don't care for the salty after taste. It was 6pm when I took the whole bottle of the mag citrate. 5 hrs later I took 32 oz water. It is now 7am, 13hrs later and still waiting."

Sabunisoap August 23, 2016

For Constipation: "About a week and half ago, I noticed some abdominal pain and bloating and thought I must have severe gas that wouldn't release and took some antacid tablets for a few days. Then after not having a regular bowel movement after around 10 days and only about 2 In that time (normally once a day) I decided I had to do something as I continued to eat relatively normal and a good amount yet nothing was exiting my body and figured it may be time to even seek emergency help. My father recommended magnesium citrate and needless to say it has relieved a lot of pain. After days of straining in pain, I had a bowel movement within 20 minutes that relieved some initial pain, but then nothing happened for about 5 hours and then wow...a river of poo. "

ATommy August 20, 2016

For Constipation: "Just like everyone else reviewing this stuff, I'm sitting on the toilet as we speak. I agree with everyone about the effectiveness of this stuff, it's a real plumber and gets the job done. But, I want people to know that no matter how nauseous it makes you feel to drink, even if it sucks terribly and you dry heave after every sip (as I did), YOU MUST DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE. DO IT. last time I was terribly constipated I got the lemon flavor, and it was so gross I only made it about halfway through. It didn't work, which made suffering through half the bottle not even worth it. DRINK THE WHOLE THING!!! You will not be sorry."

poopyproblems August 16, 2016

For Constipation: "Hint : hold your nose and drink this, or any, foul tasting stuff. I had to do the Miralax and gallon of water thing earlier, couldn't keep 3 cups down. this stuff is for final flush before colonoscopy."

Testtaker August 15, 2016

For Constipation: "I haven't pooped in 2 weeks, tried laxatives, enemas, suppositories, nothing helped. Went to my Dr, had an x-ray, was told I was backed up from top to bottom ( full of $#!the ). Dr said get some Mag Citrate, he didn't say I'd turn into a mud factory. I've been in the bathroom for 3 hours and still going strong,felling like there's no end in sight. My rear latterly feels like a ring of fire. So yes, it works. Like the Energizer bunny, I keep going and going!!"

Never trust a fart August 10, 2016

For Constipation: "I drank a 10 mL bottle of the lemon lime flavor at about 7:00pm and had to spread it out because it made me nauseous and I couldn't handle the taste, so I finished it at about 8:15pm and I had been sipping about 15-20 oz of water along with it. This has been a PAINFUL experience so far (it's currently 12:15am). I have had intense cramping in my lower abdomen that makes me feel like I constantly have to poop. But I really have not been able to go a whole lot (when I do, it's pure liquid as many other reviews said.) but it also made my stomach so upset and caused considerable nausea and so in between bouts of diarrhea I was dry heaving/retching over the toilet but no vomit so far. The pain is nearly unbearable and I just wish it would stop."

PainfulPoop15yrold August 10, 2016

For Constipation: "After five days post op, I still couldn't go to the bathroom. I drank half last night and nothing happened. I drank the other half in the morning and 30 minutes later it kicked in!! It works and will clear you out. Just stay close to a toilet. Because every time you think you're done, you're not! And drink plenty of water or risk dehydration."

Backed up August 7, 2016

For Constipation: "I was given magnesium citrate a few months ago from the hospital due to chronic constipation and I never drank it, I ended up having a bowel movement on my own. Well, today I woke up at about 2 am..my stomach and back were killing me due to not being able to poo for 2 1/2 weeks. I remembered I had it in the fridge...drank it at about 3 am (lemon is absolutely disgusting by the way) followed by a large cup of water, and by 5 am, here comes the boom. I fell back asleep on the couch and instantly woke up sprinting to my bathroom and out comes pure liquid, I don't have cramps, I'm not in pain. just very very gassy. All in all this stuff really worked for me. You can buy it on the shelf at rite aid for $1 and some change. "

Hazeldayz (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Constipation: "Ive been having terrible stomach issues lately. I tried two kinds of dulcolax tried staying hydrated, tried everything but nothing worked. Finally today I got a bottle of the lemon lime magnesium citrate 10 fl oz and downed the whole bottle. I've been leashed to my throne on off for about 8 hours now so... Yeah it works"

insideouthouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Constipation: "First off I got the cherry flavor. I'm not sure how to describe it's taste. It was like a very sweet cherry soda but with a very salty after taste. I was planning on drinking the whole 10oz bottle but only got about 3/4 of the way through before it started making me nauseous. At first nothing happened about an hour in the bloating I had been experiencing worsened but then about 2 hours later I had a very small BM then another 2 hours the diarrhea started it wasn't explosive or anything like that. To be honest I'm not sure it actually cleared out everything like it is supposed to. I will update in a few days. But it did alleviate the discomfort."

audi9723 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Constipation: "I struggle with construction and nothing else seems to help. I tried Colace, Miralax, 48 hour Hollywood diet, nothing helped. Read the reviews on this and figured it might help. I was wrong. It definitely helped. Don't make plans to go anywhere after taking. I ignored the warning, went out to dinner with friends, and literally $#!t my pants on the walk home. Yeah. It works."

Pooped my pants July 26, 2016

For Constipation: "So as of right now. I'm sitting in the bath room. Making this review. I started this whole thing yesterday. I got a bottle for .98 at wally world. I drank a little less than half. Waited 6 hours nothing. I drank the other half about 3am fell asleep. Nothing all day till about 2:45 I think the part of the impaction the was blocking me is out now it's just cleaning me ALL THE WAY OUT. I dislike the part.of in,and out the restroom. Me sitting here is doing nothing. I have to move around to keep it coming. So lets hope it's all out. Lol I would say this is a pretty good stuff if you're impacted or constipated but go ahead and just drink the whole bottle and get it done and over with instead of drinking half and waiting."

Bender11011111110111111 July 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I was very skeptical after going two hours without having to go to the bathroom after drinking an entire bottle of the lemon lime tasting one.... It was late at night so I decided to just go to bed and hope that I would go in the early am when I woke up.... (Previous to this, days before, I took so many other things that DIDN'T work... I was starting to get nervous that it was a more serious issue)..... Well..... I'm here to say that after not having a BM for over a week, I can definitely, DEFINITELY say this stuff works! It finally "kicked in" around 5 am.... which was 9 hours later... not painful... But be prepared to be in the bathroom awhile... So far, it's been on and off for about 45 minutes. I'm just happy it's working!!!"

formula27 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I had surgery almost a week ago and the pain medication gave me some insane constipation. I sent my girlfriend to the drug store to find a fast acting laxative. When she got there she asked the pharmacist what the best option was and they suggested magnesium citrate. I am glad they did. I needed immediate relief. He directed me to drink just about half and it should work within an hour. Well I threw it back and though it was definitely over an hour it worked! Highly recommend this product. I'm actually still sitting here..Making sure it's all out. Once I got my first movement out of the way there was no stopping the rest. Amazing."

Wow... July 19, 2016

For Constipation: "I recently changed my diet and have been eating more protein which has seriously backed me up. I hadnt pooped for 4 days and felt nauseous after eating and bloated and gassy. My stomach was rock hard with no relief from senna, essential lemon oil, digestive enzymes, probiotics, colon cleanse, and smooth move tea. A friend recommended mag citrate. I had never heard of it before. Went to store and bought it for 1.99. Sour Lemon taste. I drank half a bottle and nothing. Drank the other half and 16 ounces of water (maybe more) and the magic started happening. I'm still sitting on the toilet with my pants around my ankles hoping for some more movement. This stuff works. Be patient. It took me 1.5-2 hours for the first movement."

Relieved for sure July 15, 2016

For Constipation: "So, this was recommended to me by the local pharmacist because I have not taken a poop in a week!! I was so uncomfortable and in pain, I will say, the experience drinking this was HORRIBLE, I had the grape flavor and it was unbelievablely sour, this was my first time taking this stuff for constipation. I guzzled down a full 10oz bottle at 8pm and followed it with lots of water, it gave me the worst nausea of my life and it took my all to hold it down, and it bloated me like a balloon, I stayed up until about 2am and nothing, I was getting so nervous that I just went to sleep, I wake up at 8am, 12 hours later and STILL NOTHING, finally at about 1pm, 17 hours later the dam burst and it was so relieving!! Horrible taste, but it does work!!!!"

Pleasantpoops (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Constipation: "Well, I promise if you are reading these reviews they are all true! I have been on the toilet for the last hour, stuff just streaming out of me. I have been incredibly constipated for the last few weeks and I remember my mom always used mag citrate whenever she was really backed up, and oh lord do I know why, I don't think there is a single bit of poop left in me but it just keeps coming out. The only downside is that my bottom kind of feeling a bit hot, and that my stomach won't stop making these god awful noises, my boyfriend was like oh my god what's wrong with you hahaha. But as everyone else has said be prepared to be on the toilet for a while."

Thelovelylou July 7, 2016

For Constipation: "This stuff is amazing! I have irritable bowel syndrome, normally going to the bathroom after eating anything. The last year I have had constipation 3 or 4 times and am miserable, makes me depressed, hurts to move and kills my back. coworker told me about this stuff, said it was like 1 dollar at cvs drug store but I went to the grocery store and it was 2.49. I read instructions, I drank just under half the bottle. . Some stuff was still happening and I wasn't 100 percent constipated so didn't think I needed as much. I was scared of the taste so I mixed mine with a lil juice. Drank 20 oz of water after.. 35 min later I was in the bathroom. It's been 2 hrs or so and about 5 times in the bathroom, so far. Also, no real pain! !"

MissLace July 7, 2016

For Constipation: "I have been on pain pills for the last 3 weeks for lower back and leg pain. As a result I became very constipated. I tried Stool Softener and Laxatives but had no luck. My stepmom suggested I try this product. OMG I am so HAPPY!!! This product really works!!! I drank a 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate and a 16oz bottle of water afterwards. Three hours later I had a TOUCHDOWN!!! My bowel ran like water. The great thing about this product is I had no stomach cramping or straining. I also put the bottle of Magnesium Citrate in the frezzer for about 5 minutes to chill before I dranked it. It's not the best tasting drink but it's not that bad either. Overall this product ROCKS! I will suggest to product to others."

VeeJune1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Constipation: "Amazing stuff!! I was constipated for over two weeks hardly getting anything out and in constant pain still having to go to work. Tried everything senna, miralax, ducolace and a few enemas. Got a bottle of mag citrate drank it all at once with water 4 or 5 hours later it was the scene from dumb n dumber when loyd got Harry with the turbo lax lol. P.s. I'm 6ft4 210 lb man so one bottle should be plenty for most"

Yoster (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Constipation: "WOW. Talk about an explosion from your butt. Constant sprints to the bathroom, but gets the job done. Explosion on explosion. Currently on the pot and can't get off. Be prepared."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

For Constipation: "If this a review for MAG citrate, here goes. My name for it is liquid plumber. It works great, only problem take a little time just be patient"

Delbob June 8, 2016

For Constipation: "I had been very constipated since I started dieting and losing weight. I was hardly pooping at all and it was making my stomach feel very uncomfortable. I started taking miralax but that takes days to work for me. So for immediate relief I picked up some mag citrate. I drank the whole 10 ounce bottle lemon flavor. It tasted tolerable but not great. After 2 hours still no results so I drank 3 big glasses of water and bam, after 10 more minutes I was on the toilet. This WILL give you watery diarrea so be prepared but the relief is amazing"

Missespoo (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Constipation: "After over 1 week of constipation, I took the advice of my PCP and bought 2 bottles of Equate Magnesium Citrate 10 oz bottles in Cherry and Grape flavor. I drank the Grape flavored bottle with No Results in 5 hours; so I drank the other 10 oz bottle. There was No Indication of any activity in my stomach for the entire 20 hours before my stomach began to gurgle; then I tried to evacuate my bowels. The BM went smoothly and fairly rapidly, (20 Minutes). It's been 8 hours since that initial BM; and there is now no further activity. Other than the extended delay in relief, the Grape flavor tasted good; and the Cherry flavor was tolerable. The medicine was inexpensive at only 98 cents per bottle. It worked, albeit much slower."

Longhorn7028 May 26, 2016

For Constipation: "I took this because I've been constipated for about a week; I tried natural remedies, like coffee and peppermint oil, which made me feel like I had to poop but nothing happened. I was on the verge of going to the doctor, as my stomach hurt everytime I ate and I looked pregnant. After reading these reviews, I bought the cherry version from CVS, which actually tasted really good- like a jolly rancher. I drank about 9oz, couldn't finish the last bit because it made me nauseous. I drank probably 16oz of water, and waited. Took 2 hrs and more water before I had a big, solid poop. Drank more water and had some coffee, which began the liquid butt lava. Am still sitting on toilet, so far so good- will update my review if necessary."

MrsPoop (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016