User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 157 reviews 244 medications

9.1
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 157 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "I had a csection 6 weeks ago and everything is still trying to go back to normal. Take a day off for this stuff! It worked in about 5 hours for me. Grape is delicious. First came the plug, then muddy water 3 or 4 times, then mushy, sticky yuck. Then muddy water. This stuff is serious! Be sure to drink water as it directs on bottle and you'll need baby wipes and A&D ointment for your butt."

PorcelainNmyEye (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

For Constipation: "I had been constipated for a week. It hurt so bad and I mean bad. I didn't know what to do so I called my mother who was a nurse and she told me about MC I thank my Mom so much. She only told me to drink half the bottle. I did at about 6:45 pm and by 3:00 am I was on the toilet. It was like constant relief. Once in the bathroom about every hr. But well worth it. If I ever get constipated again this is what I am using."

Bathroom dweller (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Constipation: "After surgery 6 days ago, I took Percocet and also laid in bed for 3 days without a lot of movement. I believe this is what cause my constipation. I tried ex-lax max strength on day 6 of not going and it only caused pain. My stool seemed to be too big and too hard to pass. I talked to my doctor and was told to try magnesium citrate. The cherry didn't taste bad at all and I was able to drink the entire bottle. 6 hours later and my stool was STILL too hard to pass. I ended up using Fleet Saine enema and that did the trick. I believe that this product would work for most people and would certainly use it again, but with the amount of blockage I had - I needed more help!"

PoopSqueak (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

For Constipation: "Taking the CM for a prep 3 days before procedure. Took it per Dr's. Instructions at 3pm by 6pm I was riding the throne . I was supposed to drink another bottle 24 hrs later then do the moviprep day before . Oh forgot to tell you procedure is scheduled for Monday morning so anyway here it is Saturday supposed to drink #2 bottle of CM right well I am STILL having to go back and forth to the toilet everytime I drink anything from the first bottle I drank Friday at 3 pm. So needless to say I will not be taking that 2nd bottle today. Still riding the throne."

Pooping4days November 27, 2016

For Constipation: "I've had major constipation mainly from taking iron pills and a bad diet. Was in the ER with excruciating stomach pains (worse then kidney stones) and the doctors couldn't figure out the problem. When they told me it was constipation I didn't believe them but took the bottle they gave me and used it at home. Within 5 mins it worked and pain was gone. I'll never go to the ER with stomach pains again without first trying this method. Works like a charm!"

Pooper23 November 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I've had constipation issues since I was a kid. ER doc told me I what I already knew when we did a CT scan for a herniated disc. Severely constipated. Recommended I drink mag citrate but I just havent had time because of my work schedule. A few months later, here I am. I'm always bloated and sick after I eat so I could imagine how backed up I am now. Could have sworn I was pregnant some days. I chugged the bottle down at about 4 and started feeling gurgles at 5:10. About 5 minutes later had to run to the throne all for one small grenade. I'm sitting here hoping that wasn't it."

P00psMcGee November 12, 2016

For Constipation: "I'm on my second bottle as we speak. I drank the first one around noon today. So far nothing. This is typical for me. I am on some heavy narcotics for a sternum that didn't heal properly after open heart surgery last year. I take Linzess, two Colace tabs and Miralax daily and still deal with life stopping constipation. When I hit the 5 day mark of no BMs I break out the Magnesium citrate chilled and cherry flavored. It does work but I never know how long it will take. I'm grounded to the house until something breaks."

Von68 October 28, 2016

For Constipation: "This stuff worked incredibly fast, within 20 minutes. I hadn't had a bowel movement for days, but within 20 minutes, I had a large bowel motion. Then nothing happened for hours, but during the night I could tell the magnesium citrate was working and in the morning I had to go two or three times. After the initial movement though you're essentially pooping out dirty water into the bowel. As other people have said, buy baby wipes and drink lots of water. And the taste wasn't bad at all! I mixed it with a little bit of cranberry juice and actually found it very sweet/tart and delicious."

JCV1 October 26, 2016

For Constipation: "I have some pain issues and a slow colon anyway so every time I have to take opiates I get severely backed up. Sometimes I get through it OK on my own but most times I need help. I'm a regular user, every 6 months or so and just have to add, there will be discomfort because the gas will finally be able to move and that hurts. But there is no cramping. It doesn't MAKE you go, it liquifies everything so its effortless to go. Be near a toilet and give yourself a day."

Dbllff October 24, 2016

For Constipation: "I had my gallbladder removed on 10/20/16. I had been constipated for about 2 weeks prior to surgery. I am generally constipated anyways. So I tried fibre, stool softeners, glycerin suppository, and enemas. Nothing was working. My friend told me about the magnesium citrate. Last night (10/22/16) I drank half the bottle at 8pm. I went on to sleep with just a bloated feeling. Woke up at 9am and still nothing. So I took the rest of the bottle followed by 2 bottles of water. I was starting to get worried around 12:30pm when nothing had happened and it had been nearly 17 hours. I decided to try an enema to maybe help it along. I could feel my tummy rumbling. That's when it happened! It was like a geyser. Good product."

holypoop (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Constipation: "The reason you find that many people are writing reviews from the toilet is: after the "water works" from 2nd place, you began to wonder like... Oooookaaay, is this safe and. It humanly possible. So we were all actually googling to find out if we would love pass "the brown waterfall" experience.. And when does it stop, and can I drink water now...True or false? Good news is.. You will live, this my second experience. And if you think you got it bad, I took 2 bottles at once... Imagine that.."

Seriously... really? (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

For Constipation: "It works really well. The taste is just a bit sour."

Ranika (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2016

For Constipation: "Because I'm over 190 lbs, doc said I had to take Mg Citrate 2 days before colonoscopy. (The day before I also get to deal with Suprep, which is worse.) Downed the 10 oz. bottle in 4 shots, followed by 8 oz. cold water. It hit me a few hours later and then again in another hour or so%u2014don't know if it'll hit again, but all feels calm right now. Pretty well flushed out. I had already had 3 BMs earlier today...not really unusual for me...and wasn't really full of food. The stuff definitely works. I had the Lemon flavor. Told my wife it tasted like "lemon-flavored old underwear." Really not great-tasting, but keeping it cold and holding my nose helped. Worked right through my pain meds, too. Finding it a bit difficult to stay hydrated."

Agua Caliente (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I felt like I needed to get rid of all the toxins in my system because I had eaten fast food a lot lately. So last night I drank an entire bottle of MC cherry flavor. It taste like an extra strong cherry jolly rancher lol. But after like 2 hours i had my first BM literally shot out liquid. The next morning same deal. And now at 6:30 Eastern time I'm pooping again lol. Not as bad though and didn't last as long. I recommend this for constipation, detoxing"

Poopernater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2016

For Constipation: "I hadn't had a bowel movement in 10 days. I was plugged up with a large, dry and hard stool that wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pushed. 8 days in, I tried a glycerine suppository to try to soften it up so I could go. That didn't work, so for the rest of the day I took 3 doses of miralax and another dose the next day plus another suppository. Didn't do a thing. I found an unopened bottle of magnesium citrate in the cabinet. I had never tried it before for constipation, but I was out of options. I drank half a bottle at 10pm. At 7:30am the next morning everything was literally flowing out of me. This cleaned me out without causing any cramping or discomfort. Magnesium citrate is the only thing I'll ever use for constipation from now on"

Mommydearest4 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Constipation: "I've used Magnesium Citrate before and it works like a charm. On and off stomach bloating, pressure, I knew I was stuffed up. Drank a whole bottle at 11:15am, by 6:45pm I was off to the races. Definitely recommend clearing your calendar for a day or so cause you're gonna go."

RobDee September 18, 2016

For Constipation: "My pain doctor just switched my pain meds around and I started Having bad Stomach pains worse than labor with my four kids . so I set off to go get fleets because I have use them before and know they work they are just u comfortable putting them in but went to dollar general and the girl that works there told me about the magnesium citrate grape flavor .she said she used it after her hystrorectomy I took half bottle when I was almost back to house after 25 minutes it worked a little I took the rest of bottle(dont do this wait for the stuff to finish working) well all I got to say no cramps and my stomach is empty .god bless this product and I will keep on my shelf for life."

lisafromwiggins (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Constipation: "All i have to say is that this stuff works, no doubt. After first using it it took like 2 hours to kick in and i hit the toilet for like 5 min then the next morning booooyyy i let it out like no other. Really recommend it!"

Mag user September 2, 2016

For Constipation: "Everywhere I read said magnesium citrate would work in as little as 30 min to max 6 hours. I want to share with people that everyone is different so to not get frustrated if that timing is not true. It took 8 hours to kick in for me. I spent 7.5 hrs stressed that it wouldn't work. I even tried to go to sleep. Then boom! Success."

Just wanted to share August 31, 2016

For Constipation: "Much like others, I write this review from the blissful toilet where I have finally found relief. I'm in my second trimester, and have had constipation for the entire pregnancy. Would go a little bit every three days, but never anything compared to what I used to be able to do. This week hit Peak Constipation. I had a blockage that I couldn't pass for six days, and developed constantly bleeding hemorrhoids. Gained five pounds, couldn't eat, was nauseous, and had taken Miralax for five days in a row. Caved and took Mag Citrate two hours ago and have finally found relief. Can't recommend this any more highly! (Also, FYI, my doc recommends it to pregnant constipated women who get this bad)"

Pregnant and Stopped Up (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Constipation: "Well, this is my second attempt to take mag citrate. I have chronic constipation and often wake up with sharp abdominal pains and pain on my back. The first time I tried mag citrate nothing happened. I blamed myself for taking 64oz of water right before I took the medication. I thought I may have diluted it by drinking water so that it had no effect. I have chronic constipation with no bm for 3 days and only a tiny bm when I poo - and after intense rocking back and forth just to poo. I took a whole bottle of lemon mag citrate without too much problem . I don't care for the salty after taste. It was 6pm when I took the whole bottle of the mag citrate. 5 hrs later I took 32 oz water. It is now 7am, 13hrs later and still waiting."

Sabunisoap August 23, 2016

For Constipation: "About a week and half ago, I noticed some abdominal pain and bloating and thought I must have severe gas that wouldn't release and took some antacid tablets for a few days. Then after not having a regular bowel movement after around 10 days and only about 2 In that time (normally once a day) I decided I had to do something as I continued to eat relatively normal and a good amount yet nothing was exiting my body and figured it may be time to even seek emergency help. My father recommended magnesium citrate and needless to say it has relieved a lot of pain. After days of straining in pain, I had a bowel movement within 20 minutes that relieved some initial pain, but then nothing happened for about 5 hours and then wow...a river of poo. "

ATommy August 20, 2016

For Constipation: "Just like everyone else reviewing this stuff, I'm sitting on the toilet as we speak. I agree with everyone about the effectiveness of this stuff, it's a real plumber and gets the job done. But, I want people to know that no matter how nauseous it makes you feel to drink, even if it sucks terribly and you dry heave after every sip (as I did), YOU MUST DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE. DO IT. last time I was terribly constipated I got the lemon flavor, and it was so gross I only made it about halfway through. It didn't work, which made suffering through half the bottle not even worth it. DRINK THE WHOLE THING!!! You will not be sorry."

poopyproblems August 16, 2016

For Constipation: "Hint : hold your nose and drink this, or any, foul tasting stuff. I had to do the Miralax and gallon of water thing earlier, couldn't keep 3 cups down. this stuff is for final flush before colonoscopy."

Testtaker August 15, 2016

For Constipation: "I haven't pooped in 2 weeks, tried laxatives, enemas, suppositories, nothing helped. Went to my Dr, had an x-ray, was told I was backed up from top to bottom ( full of $#!the ). Dr said get some Mag Citrate, he didn't say I'd turn into a mud factory. I've been in the bathroom for 3 hours and still going strong,felling like there's no end in sight. My rear latterly feels like a ring of fire. So yes, it works. Like the Energizer bunny, I keep going and going!!"

Never trust a fart August 10, 2016