User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

8.6

Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 8.7 312 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Desperatefordoodoo July 13, 2019

For Constipation: "Okay so I’ve been constipated for about 12 days. 3 trips to the ER and this last one they gave me this lemony drink and they didn’t tell me anything about what it was gonna do to me. I get home at 3 am, fall asleep, wake up at 8 for work. I go to work and realize I made a mistake! It gets to 12 and I’m rushing home going about 100 on the freeway. Now me and my toilet have practically gotten married at this point. That was almost 24 hours ago and I still am having a really poopy time. It’s slowed down significantly considering I was on the toilet every 5 minutes. Now it’s just a little and my bum is sore as anythoing. USE WIPES AND GET OINTMENT OR PETROLEUM JELLY FOR YOUR BOOTY."

anon · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Constipation: "I was constipated for a little over a week. I took milk of magnesia and miralax but neither worked. So I did an oil enema and that too did not work. Eventually my moms coworker told me to take magnesium citrate so I go to Publix and get their lemon one. I read reviews before taking it to see what I was getting myself into. I took 1/2 of the bottle and the taste was bad but bearable. I was expecting something to happen within a few hours but all that happened was extreme nausea. The next morning I woke up with the urge to go so I go to the bathroom and I basically peed out of my anus. That happened 3/4 times within an hour but after that it stopped. I could tell I was still backed up so we did another enema, this time a saline one. The second I pulled out the nozzle I ran to the toilet and oh my .. the relief is insane. I recommend this product and if you want instant relief use an enema with it as well"

Square · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

For Constipation: "I was taking this as my first step for colonoscopy. As instructed by Dr eat light meal which was large bowl of light soup. I drank whole bottle, nothing happened for 11 hours, was getting painful cramps, Sat on toilet and forced and forced and finally got about 1 second of diarrhea. Very painful, still have poop inside of me. I have colonoscopy in 26 hours. I am diabetic on insulin. I hope the colonoscopy prep works later when I drink it. Took off work 2 days."

Ahhhhhh June 26, 2019

For Constipation: "Ahhhhhhhh, is all I have to say. Feeling light as a feather after being weighed down for weeks!"

sam June 22, 2019

For Constipation: "I have chronic constipation and this is the only laxative that works for me. I had to go to the ER for the second time in a few years due to not having a good BM in a few weeks. They recommended the magnesium citrate again for the second time around and if you are chronically constipated IT WILL TAKE A WHILE so make sure you have the next couple days off. This last time, I took a whole bottle (10 fl oz) around 8pm at night. I woke up the next morning feeling nothing so I took another half bottle (5 fl oz) and then within the next 2 or 3 hours the rumbling and flooding started and lasted the whole day. Make sure you have baby wipes so your bottom doesn’t go too raw and apply ointment before it all starts and during the event as well. It is 1am Saturday morning and I am having bloating, nausea and a terrible stomach ache. I knew I was going to have diarrhea, but I didn’t know how gross I would feel the next night, and I’m back to going to the bathroom. VERY effective for people like me but nasty side effects."

No more Magnesium citrate · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Constipation: "My sister-in-law said to try this after I've not had a bowel movement in over a week. That is with the help of laxatives. She said within an hour, she was able to poop. After an hour, I kept feeling more and more nauseated and ended up throwing it up along with any other fluids. I'm going camping in the morning. This past few hours has been miserable. I finally went back to the store and got and enema. At least there's some relief, and I'm not nauseated. I'm hoping what did get into the system doesn't have me pooping anytime within the 5+ hours to get to my destination. Do I recommend... Absolutely not!!! It seems like I had this year's ago, and it had the same effect. Save yourself, and your stomach, the agony."

Boot · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Constipation: "I took 3 dulcolax and a whole bottle of citrate at 1:30 it is 11.21 I am raw and it's painful but it worked, I am preparing for an xray"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "Took this magnesium citrate at 5 pm yesterday as directed for my Hemorrhoid PPH surgery prep. It finally started working at 1:45 am. I was nervous it wasn’t going to work, and I would have to cancel my surgery. I’m a fairly regular person, so I wasn’t sure how this was going to go. It’s not bad though. No cramping or nausea. The urge does come on really quick though. Luckily, I was awake."

Anonymous May 30, 2019

For Constipation: "Okay. So I felt discouraged about this because I've been reading reviews where everyone had a successful bowel movement so quickly. I have been backed up for 3 weeks. I feel like it's from stress and life changes. My routine was different. I have tried 2 enemas and I was only able to get small rabbit sized poop. I actually couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. Wish I didn't because they didn't do anything but tell me to drink the magnesium citrate and do another enema. Enema wasn't too successful. I tried magnesium citrate at 8am. Chugged the whole thing. Drank water. I waited and nothing. I felt so disappointed and felt miserable that I was going to have this stuck feeling with no result! 16 hours later came. Gurgling and pain. I went to the bathroom and released two massive pieces I've ever pushed out ever. Sorry TMI but I guess that's what's been backed up!!! So if you think it's not working. I guess I'd wait 24 hours. I feel so relieved now!"

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

For Constipation: "I personally had a bad experience. Bad constipation was my symptom, like everyone else. Super bloated and backed up. Instructed to take an entire bottle of this. 6 hours later, I’m full of regret and wish I was constipated again. I have lost everything inside me in very painful episodes of diarrhea (10 episodes and counting) I’m extremely weak and I can’t chug water fast enough to keep me hydrated. This stuff is dangerous. If a doc tells you to take a bottle TRUST ME take half. Be nice to your tummy :)"

jazzmo · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Constipation: "Severe constipation. ER Dr. told me to take this magnesium citrate. Nothing. sigh..."

Severely Constipated · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Constipation: "Last poop: 3+ weeks ago Starting weight: 155lbs 6:05PM drank entire bottle Cherry flavor followed by lots of water 6:09PM burp 6:30PM One poop. Long and soft. Lots of farting into the evening. 8:08AM (14 hours later) Straining trying to poop. 2 tiny soft poops release. Drank coffee 8:35AM first watery poop... and we are off"

PoopGirl May 17, 2019

For Constipation: "magnesium citrate works every time for severe constipation. This time I got the cherry flavor and chugged it (10oz) along with sixteen ounces of water. Started working within two hours and still going :~)"

Phillip · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2019

For Constipation: "How long does magnesium citrate take to work you may ask. Well it took me up until about 12 hours after taking a whole bottle, this just so happened to be an hour before I had to be at the hospital for a procedure - not convenient at all!"

Jaja May 11, 2019

Citrate of Magnesia (magnesium citrate) for Constipation: "I drank magnesia citrate, it was a half bottle and I chased it with warm water and it worked, within thirty minutes I was on the toilet. It is very good. My stomach is rumbling as I type lol. If you try the product make sure you drank with warm water."

Little Feather · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I was give magnesium citrate for colonoscopy prep. Drank one 10 oz bottle slowly and after about two hours rode Niagara Falls! As I flushed the toilet the cool breeze was a nice relief. Never felt so “owned” in all of my life. Set up camp in the bathroom and am still here not trying to contain anything just letting it all go. There is no controlling this floodgate! You get no warning when it’s coming and I see no end to it lol! Will be empty for my test!"

Rbeth2016 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

For Constipation: "I haven't had a bowel motion (BM) in 12 days. Grabbed a 10oz bottle of grape flavored magnesium citrate from the store this morning and downed it at 9:37 a.m. I took it on an empty stomach and honestly haven't eaten anything today. I've been drinking plenty of water also. It's 4:02 p.m. and nothing has happened. Zip, Zilch, Nada! What I've read says I should have had a BM by the time I got to 6 hours and I'm pushing 6.5 at this point."

Anonymous April 23, 2019

Citrate of Magnesia (magnesium citrate) for Constipation: "I started my day off in a terrible mood. My stomach was aching, I couldn’t sleep and my belly was distended. After speaking to a friend he advised me about this product. I quickly ran to my 1987 mustang with the top off and rushed to the local pharmacy. With pain in my eyes I found the product I was searching for. I bought the root beer flavor because it’s da best. I opened it before paying and with one gulp it was gone. I don’t recommend drinking this hot but I needed it. I took the empty bottle up to the counter and paid for it. Reasonably priced I might add. I stepped back in to my hot rod and drove off. Unfortunately I took the scenic route. Nothing in sight other than trees. I began to feel a strange sensation in my gut. I took it as a playful fart and kept driving. A warm feeling quickly surrounded my cheeks. I pulled over as fast as I could and ran to the nearest tree. ...I would not recommend this unless you are at home."

Plugged · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

For Constipation: "Drank the magnesium citrate at 6pm. It's 10:30 now. Still nothing. Did yoga, massaged my belly. Nothing. Hope I can sleep, but wouldn't mind waking up for relief. Help!!"

HHE · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

For Constipation: "Y’all. I took magnesium citrate 20 hours ago and still nothing. I drank the whole bottle along with 8oz (now way more) of water. I thought I could feel it working while I was drinking it, but I haven’t even had the urge to go yet. I’ve sat on the toilet hoping for some movement, but nothing. I have a party to go to in a couple of hours but based on the other reviews I’m a bit nervous to leave the house. Wish me luck."

Painintheass · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2019

For Constipation: "So like most of you I am sitting on the toilet writing this. This is my first trip to the toilet after drinking this stuff . The ER Dr. Prescribed it to me after going in today with horrible lower stomach pains and after many test determined I was full of poop, nothing else did the trick, but this did"

Anon80 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2019

For Constipation: "I regularly get constipated when I travel. On a recent trip I got constipated again. I took bisacodyl tablets then later used gylcerin suppositories. Nothing worked, so I called advice nurse who told me to take MC (magnesium citrate) when I got home if other stuff did not kick in. I drank one 8 oz bottle of MC at 4 p.m. and by 10 p.m. it was working. Had to go hourly until 6 a.m. MC is definitely more powerful than other laxatives and is recommended when the usual other milder products do not work."

fred · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2019

For Constipation: "For maximum effect, take a smaller dose (4-6 oz) on an empty stomach if you can tolerate it. I suspect the people for which this has not worked, or worked slowly, are taking it with food, so it takes so much longer to get where is needs to be, so that it can do its work. "

AnalHammer2000 · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

For Constipation: "Picked up a 10oz bottle of magnesium citrate for around $2. Drank about 4oz and stopped because of the awful taste. Took a break and downed 16oz of water and then about 4-6oz of the mag.citrate. I took the #2 train to Browntown about 2 hours later. Works great, tastes horrible."

Nicki · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

For Constipation: "Been having a lot of gut problems over the last couple years to where I have slowly changed my diet. Constipation recently became part if the problem. Wasn't totally blocked but my abdomen was staying swellen and I had lower back pain. Daughter suggested the MAgnesiun Citrate...well no doubt within 30 to 45 mins it worked. Waiting to see if that relieves some of the other problems."