User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, LiquiPrep, Citroma

Constipation 8.7

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Anonymous August 26, 2020

For Constipation: “Well I did chugged the whole 10oz bottle, around 5 during the day and now it’s 11:25 and I have not stopped but this works 100% but I don’t recommend doing the whole bottle, I should’ve done half honestly but things happen for a reason”

Why didn’t i read these 1st · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

For Constipation: “Went to an urgent care with severe back pain, bloating, the works, that the normal stool softeners/laxatives weren’t helping. After some Xrays I was told to buy 2 bottles of this magnesium citrate. THANK BABY JESUS I only drank one and not TWO at about 8pm. The doctor said to take it at bedtime. DON’T TAKE IT AT BEDTIME! From 9-2:30pm I had cramps that could only be compared to child birth, then came the fun stuff at 2:30AM. Currently I am sit stupidly at 4:30AM reading the comments that I barely glanced over before jumping into this, now I praying for this to be over. It works but never again will I willing take this. I swear I can still taste it when it’s clearly made it’s way through my system”

Rissa August 14, 2020

“This magnesium citrate took overnight to work for me but worked well. I had no pain or cramping just some bloating and nausea. I took it @ 9:30 @ night followed by a glass of warm water. I got up around midnight to drink another glass. I started going around 7:30 the next morning. If you have an impacted stool, be aware that you still have to give birth to that thing from your butt. And yes, it hurts. But once it’s gone, you will pass every food you have eaten since you came out of the birth canal. This is one of the easier bowel preps. It will clean you out and it does work provided you take it on an empty stomach and drink plenty of water. Soft toilet paper, baby wipes and some vaseline helps. Your cinnamon ring will thank you. Good luck.”

Jadedmonte · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Constipation: “I was afraid I was very constipated when my abdomen was bloated and hard and my back and abdomen hurt. I tried drinking the magnesium citrate and chasing it with a drink of something that didn’t taste horrible. I tried this with out drinking water afterwards and it had worked in the past, but I’m telling you that you really have to force yourself to drink a couple glasses of water. If you do not have diarrhea after this then it didn’t work. I don’t know how but I drank this bottle and nothing happened. Definitely drink this bottle at home alone and have a day to not do much. But my best advice is drink water with it .”

sweets March 7, 2020

For Constipation: “Immediately after drinking one bottle, I begin to feel incredibly bloated, but the real fun starts after about 4-5 hours. Sometimes I barely get my pants pulled down as I dive for the toilet. If I could time my bm's, sometimes they'd be 20 seconds straight of just sheer, vertical spray. I mean I actually sit there and laugh. After spending 20 minutes or so of having diarrhea with gail force winds , I can usually exit the bathroom. Bring air freshener with you bc I swear, after drinking mag cit, it smells something awful. Then for the next few hours my wife chants "run forrest run", because I literally have to jump up, clench those cheeks and made a mad dash to the bathroom. So in short, if you are gonna take this, do it in the morning. I would NOT recommend taking this after noon unless you want to be washing your bed sheets in the morning. And for the love of god, don't take this at work!!!!”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

For Constipation: “I may have a lot of poop but I am finally free of those days with constipation”

Sav · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Constipation: “Only use this as a last resort, it’s some intense stuff. It’s been over 24hrs and I’m still feeling the effects. I’m exhausted and tired of my stomach feeling the way it does. I highly recommend getting diaper rash cream, because you’ll most likely need it. Do not, unless told by your doctor, take a whole bottle of this stuff, it’s been one of the worst experiences of all my 20 years.”

Mdz · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Constipation: “I started having cramping especially after every meal. I went into the dr and they took xrays. Backed up even though I poop on the daily! He said it had to have been building over at least the last month. He told me to take stool softener twice a day for a week. Mineral oil twice a week and 1 bottle of MC at breakfast after the week and one at lunch. Seems like a lot to me Anyhow- I drank my MC at 9 this morning (haven’t eaten since last night) and finally have had two watery stools (it’s noon). I’m debating if I should do the lunch MC. I have been feeling nauseous all morning and feel so hungry but if I do a lunch MC I can’t eat :/”

Anonymous February 24, 2020

For Constipation: “Taste horrible but works very well”

Cynthia · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

For Constipation: “Started a new medication about a month ago and it has caused constipation as a side effect. For 8 days in a row I was unable to go #2, and I was starting to feel pretty awful. Found magnesium citrate on Amazon with really high reviews. Was nervous to use it because people said it could be really harsh on the tummy. I drank 1/2 bottle (cherry flavor) and was cramping in my abdomen 22 minutes later (I didnt realize it needed to be taken on an empty stomach, ooops). 8 minutes or so later the cramps lifted a little and I had my first BM. It wasn't eagerly, just loose. Super glad I didn't drink the entire thing because it worked right away for me. Phew. Will use again in case of emergency”

Barney · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Constipation: “I've been reading the comments. I did buy Citro-Mag and am going to use warm water as a few have said that this...urgh.. facilitated the action. I only took 60ml because I do not want a butt on fire. I hope it works with such a small amount. Will post the results. I've not gone for a week and my stomach is like a balloon now.”

Still going February 9, 2020

For Constipation: “I hadn’t pooped in about a week. I wasn’t uncomfortable but I knew I was full of poop. I have taken this before and when I was in this situation, so I decided to do it again. I am 105 lbs and drank the whole bottle. (Last time I drank half) big mistake. HUGE mistake. I took it at 5pm and didn’t start to go until almost midnight. I was running back and forth to brown town until 2:30am. Thought my body evicted every evil piece of poop from my colon. I was wrong. I woke up at 6am and my butt hole was puckering while my stomach was yelling. I ran to the toilet, once again and eliminated what I hope was the baby food I ate when I was 8 months old. Thought that was over. WRONG. I kept going!! How in the world is there anything left in me? I’ve gone 3 more times since I started this review. I mean, it works but I’m afraid to leave the house. Last time I took half, I'd like to know why I drank the whole bottle. My butt hurts and I’m pooping again.”

Anonymous February 5, 2020

For Constipation: “I was backed up for a couple days, tried 2 days worth of MiraLAX, didn't work. So I decided to give magnesium citrate (MC) a try, and it worked like a charm, and no burning. Lots of trips to the bathroom, but definitely a lot of relief. Will definitely use it again if MiraLAX doesn't work (always going to be a last resort for me).”

Raw and sore · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

For Constipation: “I went to the ER for a kidney stone, and the X-ray showed I was really backed up as well. So the ER doc had me drink a bottle of mag citrate. About two hours in my stomach was making sounds that would summon demons and then I exploded. I was pooping firey hot lava for over 12 hours. It's been over 24 hours and my stomach is still angry and I still have diarrhea. Bloody hemmys, poor butt hole, probably doesn't have skin left. Do not use this unless you absolutely have to.”

Jams · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

“For colonoscopy I was told to do a two day prep day one which was yesterday I took for Dulcolax pills and then hours after that a bottle of magnesium citrate and my body movements lasted for 16 hours. Today the second 3 more Dulcolax pills and the second bottle of magnesium citrate after four hours has not produced a single bowel movement I know I'm not gonna be cleaned out I'm wasting two days and I'm going to have to reschedule the colonoscopy”

Chops · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For Constipation: “I have diverticulitis, so I’m irregular often, but after a few days of not going at all the gases were really putting pressure on my insides. My sister told me about MC, she’s a nurse at a nursing home so she deals with this regularly. I tried it @ 9 pm, and by 1 a.m. it was working. A lot of watery stool, but nothing uncomfortable. I don’t care how it’s coming out so long as it’s coming out. I recommend it.”

Noau January 18, 2020

For Constipation: “No poop for 4 days & I was stressed (when I did it was a tiny pebble.) No pain but felt uncomfortable. Started taking miralax at the end of day 2. Nothing. Next coffee (gives me the runs), ginger tea & then milk since I'm kind of lactose intolerant. Still nothing. Friend recommended magnesium citrate (MC) First up, this did not work right away. It gave me the worst cramps of my life after 1.5 hours. Felt like what I imagine labor contractions to be. I was screaming & even cried. Happened every 2/3 mins. Awful. But no poop. Forced BM but was only able to manually pull some out then started feeling hemmys so stopped. Went to sleep but the pain was so bad. 12 HRS LATER, I had my first poop. It was solid but soft which was surprising since I was sure I was impacted. Didn't feel full relief but I was done so got off. 15 mins later I was back for mostly liquid. +15 mins, back for just liquid. So far no fire feeling. Summary. It took much longer to work & I had intense stomach pain while waiting”

WOW · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2020

For Constipation: “Last night I went to the hospital for severe stomach pains, bloating, nausea, and lack of appetite. The ER Doctor gave me a 10oz magnesium citrate (MC) bottle and I waited until 2p.m. today to take the whole thing. HOLY COW...I have been living on the toilet since 4p.m and it’s now 8p.m. The pain is completely gone in my stomach! Make sure to have your phone charged so you can catch up on your favorite show - you might be in the bathroom for a while!”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

For Constipation: “I had really bad constipation pain on my side from not pooping for a couple of days I took the magnesium citrus within 45 minutes I was going, no really bad cramps or pain, not much discomfort just feel like I really had to go I’m on day three and I’m still having like diarrhea”

Ouch · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

For Constipation: “I used this product today. I have been backed for a few days now. At first I thought it would water down my stool, for the most part it didn't. It was painful to use the bathroom since my stool was hard. I still feel queasy. Hate the feeling. However, after taking OTC stool softners, prune juice, and teas...I decided to give this a try and take half the bottle. With in a few hours I felt like if I was having a baby without epidural. The night is young and it might still help me throughout the night. However, with it being NY Eve, it sucks that I have to ring in the new year this way. I chose a bad day. This product is not for the faint of heart. Be ready.”

Waterfall · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

For Constipation: “I have IBS really bad. I get constipated every 3-4 days. I had ultrasounds, CT scans, laparoscopic surgery, and much much more done to figure it out. They said I had the biggest blockage they’ve ever seen and gave me a bottle of MC. I’ve only ever tried the lemon, I’m a wimp and have to take a nausea med with it because my body rejects it without the med. (not like this for everyone) it is uncomfortable at first when having to chug it because it cramps and makes me super nauseated. But besides that, within 4-8 hours I’m wishing for some butt ointment because man am I on fire. Highly recommend just doing the whole bottle if really backed up. Only taking a small portion doesn’t really work for me. Hope this helped ”

Sweet baby Jesus · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

For Constipation: “If you get desperate enough to use this product, it’s worth it. You’re already having a bad time. Bloating, uncomfortable, abdominal pain, but you haven’t seen anything until you chug a bottle of this stuff. I took the full bottle and 4 hours later, I was scared it wasn’t working. Then I drank warm water instead of the regular 10 minute interval glasses of iced water. Maybe it was all the water gathering in my belly to gang up on the poo... maybe it was the temperature, I’m currently 15 hours into this adventure and my intestines are angry. Wet wipes and diaper rash ointment recommended as well as chapstick because it will dehydrate your lips even when throwing fluids down with it. But it works. Believe it or not I’m less miserable.”

anonymous December 17, 2019

For Constipation: “I hadn’t been able to poop in about a week only had small yet painful movements here and there. It got so bad last night I literally went to the hospital because of severe abdominal pain and the feeling of dizziness as if I was gonna pass out. They took a CT scan, came back for just some constipation and the doctor recommended lemon lime mag citrate. Holy Moly. I took it around 8:40 pm which may have been a blessing and a curse because it kicked in around 1:45 am and it’s now 2:25 in the morning and still going. I was pretty skeptical about this working given the amount of pain I’d previously gone through, but the relief this has brought me is immense. I had just a little more than half the bottle (about 6 oz) and on a slightly empty stomach it seemed to do the trick. Definitely recommend for someone who’s going through the same scenario as I’ve been”

Martin · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2019

For Constipation: “Ok first and foremost to those of you drinking 2 bottles of this stuff in a 24 hour period... No just No. That can be dangerous and the bottle specifically says do not drink more than one bottle in a 24 hour period. Believe it or not magnesium toxicity can hurt or even kill people. Other than that - this stuff works! If you aren't going to the bathroom after drinking a bottle of this, then you should head straight to your doctors office as something is amiss. One bottle of this and expect to be incapacitated for quite a few hours. Do not make plans outside of sitting on your toilet after drinking this. It takes longer to hit some people but once it does watch out! Be sure to drink plenty of liquids when using MC as well Gatorade and water together is a good choice.”

Shakin · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

For Constipation: “So I am typing this from the toilet LOL. I’ve been severely constipated for a full week. I’m talking about severe abdominal cramping, extreme bloating and couldn’t eat anything with getting nauseous! So I drank about 3/4 of magnesium citrate bottle around 9PM. I woke up at 7AM and I can’t figure if I’m peeing or pooping it is all like water!! Haha but I will say I feel 10X better so I highly recommend this if you are having constipation! The cherry is the best flavor FYI.”