User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Also known as: Citrate of Magnesia, Citroma, LiquiPrep

Learn more about Magnesium citrate.

Constipation 146 reviews 244 medications

9.1
Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 146 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "It works really well. The taste is just a bit sour."

Ranika (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2016

For Constipation: "Because I'm over 190 lbs, doc said I had to take Mg Citrate 2 days before colonoscopy. (The day before I also get to deal with Suprep, which is worse.) Downed the 10 oz. bottle in 4 shots, followed by 8 oz. cold water. It hit me a few hours later and then again in another hour or so%u2014don't know if it'll hit again, but all feels calm right now. Pretty well flushed out. I had already had 3 BMs earlier today...not really unusual for me...and wasn't really full of food. The stuff definitely works. I had the Lemon flavor. Told my wife it tasted like "lemon-flavored old underwear." Really not great-tasting, but keeping it cold and holding my nose helped. Worked right through my pain meds, too. Finding it a bit difficult to stay hydrated."

Agua Caliente (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I felt like I needed to get rid of all the toxins in my system because I had eaten fast food a lot lately. So last night I drank an entire bottle of MC cherry flavor. It taste like an extra strong cherry jolly rancher lol. But after like 2 hours i had my first BM literally shot out liquid. The next morning same deal. And now at 6:30 Eastern time I'm pooping again lol. Not as bad though and didn't last as long. I recommend this for constipation, detoxing"

Poopernater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2016

For Constipation: "I hadn't had a bowel movement in 10 days. I was plugged up with a large, dry and hard stool that wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pushed. 8 days in, I tried a glycerine suppository to try to soften it up so I could go. That didn't work, so for the rest of the day I took 3 doses of miralax and another dose the next day plus another suppository. Didn't do a thing. I found an unopened bottle of magnesium citrate in the cabinet. I had never tried it before for constipation, but I was out of options. I drank half a bottle at 10pm. At 7:30am the next morning everything was literally flowing out of me. This cleaned me out without causing any cramping or discomfort. Magnesium citrate is the only thing I'll ever use for constipation from now on"

Mommydearest4 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Constipation: "I've used Magnesium Citrate before and it works like a charm. On and off stomach bloating, pressure, I knew I was stuffed up. Drank a whole bottle at 11:15am, by 6:45pm I was off to the races. Definitely recommend clearing your calendar for a day or so cause you're gonna go."

RobDee September 18, 2016

For Constipation: "My pain doctor just switched my pain meds around and I started Having bad Stomach pains worse than labor with my four kids . so I set off to go get fleets because I have use them before and know they work they are just u comfortable putting them in but went to dollar general and the girl that works there told me about the magnesium citrate grape flavor .she said she used it after her hystrorectomy I took half bottle when I was almost back to house after 25 minutes it worked a little I took the rest of bottle(dont do this wait for the stuff to finish working) well all I got to say no cramps and my stomach is empty .god bless this product and I will keep on my shelf for life."

lisafromwiggins (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Constipation: "All i have to say is that this stuff works, no doubt. After first using it it took like 2 hours to kick in and i hit the toilet for like 5 min then the next morning booooyyy i let it out like no other. Really recommend it!"

Mag user September 2, 2016

For Constipation: "Everywhere I read said magnesium citrate would work in as little as 30 min to max 6 hours. I want to share with people that everyone is different so to not get frustrated if that timing is not true. It took 8 hours to kick in for me. I spent 7.5 hrs stressed that it wouldn't work. I even tried to go to sleep. Then boom! Success."

Just wanted to share August 31, 2016

For Constipation: "Much like others, I write this review from the blissful toilet where I have finally found relief. I'm in my second trimester, and have had constipation for the entire pregnancy. Would go a little bit every three days, but never anything compared to what I used to be able to do. This week hit Peak Constipation. I had a blockage that I couldn't pass for six days, and developed constantly bleeding hemorrhoids. Gained five pounds, couldn't eat, was nauseous, and had taken Miralax for five days in a row. Caved and took Mag Citrate two hours ago and have finally found relief. Can't recommend this any more highly! (Also, FYI, my doc recommends it to pregnant constipated women who get this bad)"

Pregnant and Stopped Up (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Constipation: "Well, this is my second attempt to take mag citrate. I have chronic constipation and often wake up with sharp abdominal pains and pain on my back. The first time I tried mag citrate nothing happened. I blamed myself for taking 64oz of water right before I took the medication. I thought I may have diluted it by drinking water so that it had no effect. I have chronic constipation with no bm for 3 days and only a tiny bm when I poo - and after intense rocking back and forth just to poo. I took a whole bottle of lemon mag citrate without too much problem . I don't care for the salty after taste. It was 6pm when I took the whole bottle of the mag citrate. 5 hrs later I took 32 oz water. It is now 7am, 13hrs later and still waiting."

Sabunisoap August 23, 2016

For Constipation: "About a week and half ago, I noticed some abdominal pain and bloating and thought I must have severe gas that wouldn't release and took some antacid tablets for a few days. Then after not having a regular bowel movement after around 10 days and only about 2 In that time (normally once a day) I decided I had to do something as I continued to eat relatively normal and a good amount yet nothing was exiting my body and figured it may be time to even seek emergency help. My father recommended magnesium citrate and needless to say it has relieved a lot of pain. After days of straining in pain, I had a bowel movement within 20 minutes that relieved some initial pain, but then nothing happened for about 5 hours and then wow...a river of poo. "

ATommy August 20, 2016

For Constipation: "Just like everyone else reviewing this stuff, I'm sitting on the toilet as we speak. I agree with everyone about the effectiveness of this stuff, it's a real plumber and gets the job done. But, I want people to know that no matter how nauseous it makes you feel to drink, even if it sucks terribly and you dry heave after every sip (as I did), YOU MUST DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE. DO IT. last time I was terribly constipated I got the lemon flavor, and it was so gross I only made it about halfway through. It didn't work, which made suffering through half the bottle not even worth it. DRINK THE WHOLE THING!!! You will not be sorry."

poopyproblems August 16, 2016

For Constipation: "Hint : hold your nose and drink this, or any, foul tasting stuff. I had to do the Miralax and gallon of water thing earlier, couldn't keep 3 cups down. this stuff is for final flush before colonoscopy."

Testtaker August 15, 2016

For Constipation: "I haven't pooped in 2 weeks, tried laxatives, enemas, suppositories, nothing helped. Went to my Dr, had an x-ray, was told I was backed up from top to bottom ( full of $#!the ). Dr said get some Mag Citrate, he didn't say I'd turn into a mud factory. I've been in the bathroom for 3 hours and still going strong,felling like there's no end in sight. My rear latterly feels like a ring of fire. So yes, it works. Like the Energizer bunny, I keep going and going!!"

Never trust a fart August 10, 2016

For Constipation: "I drank a 10 mL bottle of the lemon lime flavor at about 7:00pm and had to spread it out because it made me nauseous and I couldn't handle the taste, so I finished it at about 8:15pm and I had been sipping about 15-20 oz of water along with it. This has been a PAINFUL experience so far (it's currently 12:15am). I have had intense cramping in my lower abdomen that makes me feel like I constantly have to poop. But I really have not been able to go a whole lot (when I do, it's pure liquid as many other reviews said.) but it also made my stomach so upset and caused considerable nausea and so in between bouts of diarrhea I was dry heaving/retching over the toilet but no vomit so far. The pain is nearly unbearable and I just wish it would stop."

PainfulPoop15yrold August 10, 2016

For Constipation: "After five days post op, I still couldn't go to the bathroom. I drank half last night and nothing happened. I drank the other half in the morning and 30 minutes later it kicked in!! It works and will clear you out. Just stay close to a toilet. Because every time you think you're done, you're not! And drink plenty of water or risk dehydration."

Backed up August 7, 2016

For Constipation: "I was given magnesium citrate a few months ago from the hospital due to chronic constipation and I never drank it, I ended up having a bowel movement on my own. Well, today I woke up at about 2 am..my stomach and back were killing me due to not being able to poo for 2 1/2 weeks. I remembered I had it in the fridge...drank it at about 3 am (lemon is absolutely disgusting by the way) followed by a large cup of water, and by 5 am, here comes the boom. I fell back asleep on the couch and instantly woke up sprinting to my bathroom and out comes pure liquid, I don't have cramps, I'm not in pain. just very very gassy. All in all this stuff really worked for me. You can buy it on the shelf at rite aid for $1 and some change. "

Hazeldayz (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Constipation: "Ive been having terrible stomach issues lately. I tried two kinds of dulcolax tried staying hydrated, tried everything but nothing worked. Finally today I got a bottle of the lemon lime magnesium citrate 10 fl oz and downed the whole bottle. I've been leashed to my throne on off for about 8 hours now so... Yeah it works"

insideouthouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Constipation: "First off I got the cherry flavor. I'm not sure how to describe it's taste. It was like a very sweet cherry soda but with a very salty after taste. I was planning on drinking the whole 10oz bottle but only got about 3/4 of the way through before it started making me nauseous. At first nothing happened about an hour in the bloating I had been experiencing worsened but then about 2 hours later I had a very small BM then another 2 hours the diarrhea started it wasn't explosive or anything like that. To be honest I'm not sure it actually cleared out everything like it is supposed to. I will update in a few days. But it did alleviate the discomfort."

audi9723 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Constipation: "I struggle with construction and nothing else seems to help. I tried Colace, Miralax, 48 hour Hollywood diet, nothing helped. Read the reviews on this and figured it might help. I was wrong. It definitely helped. Don't make plans to go anywhere after taking. I ignored the warning, went out to dinner with friends, and literally $#!t my pants on the walk home. Yeah. It works."

Pooped my pants July 26, 2016

For Constipation: "So as of right now. I'm sitting in the bath room. Making this review. I started this whole thing yesterday. I got a bottle for .98 at wally world. I drank a little less than half. Waited 6 hours nothing. I drank the other half about 3am fell asleep. Nothing all day till about 2:45 I think the part of the impaction the was blocking me is out now it's just cleaning me ALL THE WAY OUT. I dislike the part.of in,and out the restroom. Me sitting here is doing nothing. I have to move around to keep it coming. So lets hope it's all out. Lol I would say this is a pretty good stuff if you're impacted or constipated but go ahead and just drink the whole bottle and get it done and over with instead of drinking half and waiting."

Bender11011111110111111 July 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I was very skeptical after going two hours without having to go to the bathroom after drinking an entire bottle of the lemon lime tasting one.... It was late at night so I decided to just go to bed and hope that I would go in the early am when I woke up.... (Previous to this, days before, I took so many other things that DIDN'T work... I was starting to get nervous that it was a more serious issue)..... Well..... I'm here to say that after not having a BM for over a week, I can definitely, DEFINITELY say this stuff works! It finally "kicked in" around 5 am.... which was 9 hours later... not painful... But be prepared to be in the bathroom awhile... So far, it's been on and off for about 45 minutes. I'm just happy it's working!!!"

formula27 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

For Constipation: "I had surgery almost a week ago and the pain medication gave me some insane constipation. I sent my girlfriend to the drug store to find a fast acting laxative. When she got there she asked the pharmacist what the best option was and they suggested magnesium citrate. I am glad they did. I needed immediate relief. He directed me to drink just about half and it should work within an hour. Well I threw it back and though it was definitely over an hour it worked! Highly recommend this product. I'm actually still sitting here..Making sure it's all out. Once I got my first movement out of the way there was no stopping the rest. Amazing."

Wow... July 19, 2016

For Constipation: "I recently changed my diet and have been eating more protein which has seriously backed me up. I hadnt pooped for 4 days and felt nauseous after eating and bloated and gassy. My stomach was rock hard with no relief from senna, essential lemon oil, digestive enzymes, probiotics, colon cleanse, and smooth move tea. A friend recommended mag citrate. I had never heard of it before. Went to store and bought it for 1.99. Sour Lemon taste. I drank half a bottle and nothing. Drank the other half and 16 ounces of water (maybe more) and the magic started happening. I'm still sitting on the toilet with my pants around my ankles hoping for some more movement. This stuff works. Be patient. It took me 1.5-2 hours for the first movement."

Relieved for sure July 15, 2016

For Constipation: "So, this was recommended to me by the local pharmacist because I have not taken a poop in a week!! I was so uncomfortable and in pain, I will say, the experience drinking this was HORRIBLE, I had the grape flavor and it was unbelievablely sour, this was my first time taking this stuff for constipation. I guzzled down a full 10oz bottle at 8pm and followed it with lots of water, it gave me the worst nausea of my life and it took my all to hold it down, and it bloated me like a balloon, I stayed up until about 2am and nothing, I was getting so nervous that I just went to sleep, I wake up at 8am, 12 hours later and STILL NOTHING, finally at about 1pm, 17 hours later the dam burst and it was so relieving!! Horrible taste, but it does work!!!!"

Pleasantpoops (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016