User Reviews for Magnesium citrate

Constipation
8.9

Summary of Magnesium citrate reviews 8.9 246 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium citrate

For Constipation: "I have had some very hard stools the past few days and I've been really uncomfortable. I got some MC this morning at Walmart for 98 cents after reading these reviews. I was scared to try it because so many people have said it tastes disgusting. Well luckily for me I'm a huge fan of sour stuff it literally taste like carbonated sour juice . tastes great to me ;) . I noticed my stomach started bubbling and I had to go , I'm still waiting for more results but so far so good"

gabgab (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Constipation: "I had a Urolift procedure 10 days ago. Somehow got a UTI. The doctor prescribed the antibiotic Bactrim. Started taking it I noticed I could not go to the bathroom. The "clog" felt like it was high up the colon and just would not budge. Due to the surgery straining was out. I tried glycerin suppositories, Fleet Enema, Miralax, eating prunes, bran cereal and taking two Citrucel's to build up the fiber. Nothing worked. Researching I found MC and read the reviews. The more I read the more I wanted to try this product. So I bought a bottle of the cherry flavored. It was ok. I mean I have taken worse medications. I drank a 50 ounces of water and continued to drink water the rest of the day. I can see how you could get dehydrated if you don't. Within 5 minutes it started doing its job. The clog was the first to go. Make sure you are around the house the entire day. It feels like I have lost 5lbs and my bloating etc is no more. I will definitely use this product again if I need to."

Mike July 7, 2018

For Constipation: "I haven’t had a BM for almost a week. The past two days were the worst. I felt bloated, nauseous and uncomfortable with abdominal pain. Nothing, including two enemas helped until magnesium citrate. Things began to “flow” about an hour after I drank an entire bottle. I’m not going to lie this stuff isn’t for the faint of heart! It’s tough going down and even more tough going out! But it cures my constipation which I desperately needed."

kJ July 2, 2018

For Constipation: "I am writing this review right after I finished passing my constipation. This product works great I was clogged up for about three days. If you think this product will relieve you of all your pain then you are sorely mistaken. It merely softens the stool helping you to relieve it. It's like the robin to your butt, it's a lot of help but it's still just a sidekick to your batman. The only reason I didn't give this a full ten was because instead of just drinking one and being over with it I needed two full bottles of this. Overall a fine product but it tastes s terrible, nauseatingly terrible. I'll start eating better and exercising more, pizza and Internet are not worth this kind of pain."

TYE June 27, 2018

For Constipation: "Six days post op and needed this badly. It did the trick. I know each case is different but I took it about 9pm last night and it started working around 2am this morning. Some cramping but very welcome feeling. I had a surgery where straining to go was not an option and this worked well."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Constipation: "I decided to write this because I have nothing better to do while I’m scared to leave the toilet. I’ve been feeling bloated and bunged up for a couple weeks and thought I’d give this a try to reboot my poop-shoot. I woke up at 630am and started drinking 1000ml of water, at 10am I choked down my cherry flavour citro-mag followed by more water. For about 30 minutes I was really nauseous but I don’t know if it’s from the meds or the copious amounts of water I drank. It’s now 1210 and this stuff has liquified my insides. There’s no leaving this porcelain throne but at least it seems to be doing its job! Also not really any cramping but my stomach feels really bubbly, I imagine this is what the inside of a can of pop feels like."

Nic (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Constipation: "Magnesium Citrate it doesn’t sound so bad but are you in for a surprise. Of course when you’re constipated you’d want the quickest and most efficient method of getting things going. Well, if you’ve taken a swig or even a full on sip prepare yourself for a day of squatting and pain. Literally, the stuff liquifies everything in your stomach and digestion track to help the bowels pass but in a rather extreme way. It could be very violent on the wrong person, but on others it can be very gentle. Also, it does have side effects. Loss of appetite, nausea, and prolonged purging. So please be weary when purchasing this awfully strong laxative. It’s for your best interest as no one had mine."

HorribleDecisionMaker415 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Constipation: "I've had to take antibiotics for my wisdom teeth and didn't have bowel motion for 5 days. My stomach was so bloated, my butt was hurting from pushing and nothing coming out. It was hurting so much that I couldn't sit down. Took half the bottle and drank 40oz of water. It worked 2 hours after me taking my last 30ml of the product. I took it 30ml at a time every half hour with lots of water, hoping it will relief me and I would have drunk half the bottle. The taste was horrid. The stool that was stuck was a hard lump, I had to push again and it hurt but it was passing at a normal-ish rate. And then it was a river of poop. What a relief."

T (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Constipation: "Mud City. Mudagra Falls. Goin down to mud town! Cherry flavor was sour but took me down the Muddissippi River."

Lazer (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Constipation: "I am taking this as prep for a colonoscopy because of my chronic constipation. Took at 5pm, full bottle and 16 oz of water. Stomach started bubbling almost immediately. 2 hours later things slowly started to move. At the 3 hour mark I was going a little bit, 1 good water squirt ever 10 -15 mins. No cramping or anything. Went to bed at 9pm. Woke up at 2:30am and let's just say the rest of the morning included a lot of bleach, a washing machine and a shower - you get the picture! 12 hours into this and my stomach is still bubbling but not much else. The fun part is tonight I still have to do the suprep and then again in the morning. The prep for a colonoscopy is no joke! Lord help me."

Holy smokes (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Constipation: "I have used this successfully on 3 separate occasions after getting constipated when taking pain medication. Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids before and after. This last time I was poopless for 4 days. I drank half a bottle of berry flavored MC 3 hours ago and voila! No more constipation. I didn't have any cramping and only mildly gassy. You'll know when it's coming, you'll feel the heat approaching your butt and before you know it your have been cleared. Good luck!"

LavaButt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

For Constipation: "I went to the Dr, he talked about hernia but focused on me taking this to pass my stools. It worked after 14 hrs, lasted max 20 mins. Lying on my couch waiting for the sharp pains to subside in my back and side. No nausea just sharp pain. I recommend this product if you want to clean yourself out."

Warprize (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Constipation: "I was constipated for like 3 weeks and as soon as I took this I went. I had the cherry flavoured one and I poured it in a cup in put about 5 ice cubes in it. The cherry one is not bad at all it is very sour tho but I ate a strawberry popsicle on the side while I drunk it. It worked in like 10minutes honestly...If you want great results you have to drink the whole bottle."

Anonymous April 13, 2018

For Constipation: "Goodness this worked! Plug came out first but it hasn't even started..oh boy it's gonna be a long day. Cleared schedule and stocked up on super soft toilet paper. No more cheese for me."

Valoo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Constipation: "I first heard about Magnesium Citrate from my Dr after 5 days without a BM. I went to urgent care and got an xray to find that I had hard stool. She gave me a bottle and it worked after 1.5 hours. It made me a bit nauseous and lasted about 6 hours after the initial dose. This last time around I'd been stopped up about 3 days. I took the full 10 oz bottle and it started working in 45 mins. This time however I've had a lot of cramping and abdominal pain. I'm not sure if its because I haven't been properly hydrated or a more serious problem. I've been steadily drinking water since and its been 2.5 hours since I drank the bottle. Hopefully the cramps subside soon."

Shegoes (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Constipation: "I have been stopped up for 5 days, drank some of this and went to the bathroom almost immediately. I tried everything else before this, my doctor told me about it but you can get it at your local pharmacy for 3$"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Constipation: "I am usually pretty regular, but after taking Vicodin for dental surgery pain, I was stopped up for 7 days. I Googles laxatives, and MC came up. I picked up two bottles at CVS, the Cherry and Lemon Lime flavors, and drank the entire cherry bottle at about 5pm when I got home, followed by a lot of water. I did feel nauseous for about an hour after drinking it, but thankfully it passed. When I had no results, I decided to drink a mint tea and go to bed. I awoke at 4am to go pee - no other urges, and while in the bathroom, I'm like, well let's try pooing, and sure enough without any trumpets or fanfare, a nice solid bowel motion came out. I wiped, thought - wow, that was it? Nope! 5 mins later, I had to go again, this was "sludgey" followed by a river gushing out of my butt. No pain, no discomfort, just evacuation, then nothing. I literally lost 3lbs in 5 mins. I seem to have no other urges, so if that was it, it was perfection. I just didn't like the nausea part, but a small price to pay."

Fartinator (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Constipation: "I'm not sure why this works faster for some, but after a few days of no BM, I drank a full 10 oz bottle of mag cit at 5:30 p.m. and nothing happened until 3:50 a.m. (almost 10.5 hours later). No stomach cramping at all and very loose stool, but only once. Made me feel so much better! I will keep some in stock for the future!"

Kholc (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For Constipation: "I was supposed to take Magnesium Citrate for a colonoscopy prep. It basically just came out like water with not much stool removal. The next day I drank some fluids and ate a little bit of food because the colonoscopy was luckily cancelled. I say that because the next day, I was light-headed, off balance, foggy, had a nasty headache, then my kidneys started to hurt. That's when I went to the doctor. Test results show that I had low sodium (electrolytes). Apparently that is a rare reaction to Magnesium Citrate. So I'm very thankful the colonoscopy was cancelled and I didn't do a 2nd day of prep."

ChocoCherryLove (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For Constipation: "After a trip to Urgent Care for pain & pressure, the doctor told me I needed to be cleaned out since she could feel an impaction in my abdomen. She told me to drink 10 oz the first day & if I didn't get a clear liquid coming out then I should drink half another 5-10 oz the next day. It took about 4 hours to work and then....WOW! I was on the toilet a lot!!! It finally slowed down about 4 hrs later but I still had to go when I woke up the next a.m. Since I never passed clear water, I took 5 more oz 5 hrs ago and now it has kicked in. I'll just say the stuff works! I didn't pass a plug like others...mine has been a like a faucet was turned on. No cramping or bad urgency, but you do have to stay close to home and I highly recommend Baby wipes!!"

Pumpkinpoo December 28, 2017

For Constipation: "Was constipated 2 days before using. Tried milk of magnesia to no avail. This took me from constipated to diarrhea in a matter of hours and I only drank half a bottle. The taste was quite sour but washed away quickly."

Tileflower (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

For Constipation: "I've taken this before surgery and when backed up before. Right now I'm having increasing lower abdominal pain for a couple days now. I finally drank 1/2 a bottle about 9pm. It's 10:42pm and I'm getting some gurgling but nothing more. I hope this works because I'm in big pain. I have work at 4am so I'm concerned about my morning experience. Fingers crossed."

Need to poo? (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2017

For Constipation: "I had very hard impacted stools that I tried to expel for several hours. My husband bought magnesium citrate and I drank the entire 10 oz bottle. Nothing happened - so I got into a warm bath and I finally was able to get rid of it one inch at a time. (sorry to be so disgusting). Well, 6 hours later, the diarrhea started and went on every 2-3 minutes until I went to bed. I got up this morning and felt better, but again, I have diarrhea and it explodes from me. So, the only thing this drug did for me was to give me diarrhea so I will never use it again. Hopefully, if I stay away from cheesey food, I won't need anything like this."

GailRoo November 22, 2017

For Constipation: "I have MS and I am also on hydrocodone for pain. I do not have a poop schedule. I’m used to going 4-5 days without a poo. This time it’s been 9 days. Chugged the entire bottle at 7:20pm. It’s now 9:12pm. Nothing. A little rumbly in my tumbly and slight queasiness, but no “hallelujah “ moment of blissful intestinal purging. I hope this works. I’m miserable!!!"

ConcretePoo November 19, 2017

For Constipation: "I went to the ER with severe stomach and chest pain and was told I have a partial blockage and to try MC to help pass it. I have a nerve issue which makes my bowels move very slowly so I get constipated a lot, though this was my first really severe case so I decided to try it. I took half the bottle yesterday and nothing happened so I thought it wouldn’t ever work. Took the other half today and it took about 6-7 hours to work but it definitely works, a little too well! Got the blockage out after a lot of time and straining and thought that was it I’m better. Nope! I have now been in and out of the bathroom for 5 hours! I gave it 8 stars because it does work but it says “gentle” and it is anything but gentle!! Send help lol!"

Katpoop (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017