User Reviews for Lithobid

Bipolar Disorder
6.8

Summary of Lithobid reviews 7.7 19 reviews

Reviews for Lithobid

For Bipolar Disorder "I was taking regular lithium before lithobid. We switched to lithobid thinking the extended release would be easier on my body. I had nothing but problems after switching to lithobid; for some reason my body rejected this drug when lithium was always good to me. Six months later I moved and switched pharmacies and due to a pharmacy error I got 300mg of lithobid instead of my prescribed 1500mg. They couldn't give me more but for some reason were able to give me 1200mg of lithium. After just two weeks of being on 1200 lithium and 300 lithobid, people started telling me I seemed like myself again. And I was feeling much better. My anxiety was way down and I wasn't having strange spikes into delirium. So I don't know why, but lithobid was a completely useless drug for me, while lithium did its job. They should be the same thing, right? But if you're having problems on lithobid, I guess know that it's possible for you to react to it differently than plain ol' lithium."

L (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I started having severe depression in 1971b(suicidal ideations) followed by manic episodes that ended in psychosis, jail and mental institutions. I held the manic episodes at bay by consuming large amounts of alcohol. After a hospitalization in 1979 for depression, I was prescribed lithium. I quit taking lithium once in 1983 to go natural and wound up in the puzzle house. I have been taking it ever since (1200 mg/ day) and have experienced no perceptible side effects. I just had blood work done and have normal kidney and liver function. I did quit drinking and I now exercise regularly. I am now retired after a successful marriage and career. I have lived a good life."

tjj1952 (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been struggling with bipolar for 17 years, and nothing has worked as well as Lithium. The side effects are uncomfortable as far as the upset stomach feeling, but eating with the medication helps."

ldc12 August 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "My manias have definitely been 'filed down' so far.... Though I now have mixed states and anger is highly apparent during mania. Though I'm unsure if Lithium is to blame here for I've always had anger issues. But it seems more intense."

Dragonley February 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Many years ago I was diagnosed with bipolar ll. Lithium was my doctor's first choice. Not even sure how effective it was. The side effects were awful. I could not work, I lost down to 95 pounds. I was so weak I had difficulty climbing stairs. I shook so bad I could not sign my own name. Then my doctor started to add all sorts of medicines to counteract the side effects. I became hypothyroid had to take medicines for that, tremor had to take medicines for that (didn't work well). Dr. decreased dose (didn't help much). I was on leave from work for 12 weeks. Finally stopped the lithium. It took awhile for my Dr. to believe my problems with this medicine because they were not typical. Those 12 weeks were the worst."

lexana (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Most effective medicine I've had so far. Unfortunately, had to stop taking due to kidney effects."

gertie67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "So far so awesome. Been on it a week and am not as agitated. Suicidal thoughts are going away."

Shopprincessshop February 28, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Suicidal thoughts and cutting/burning (Self-harming) was almost nonexistent."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Changed my life totally and completely. I used to be on a emotional roller coaster...up and down, over and over again. This medicine just brings me to a mellow state. I let nothing get to me anymore. I never get hostile, and that was my norm. I actually think this medicine saved my life because I was so tired of being emotional and angry! This was my last resort. I tried everything else that the doctor wanted me to try and none of that phased me. I recommend this to anyone with bipolar. "

Beepoo October 1, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Lithium was hard for me to take at first. If I did not eat enough with the medicine I would vomit. The medicine works for me but I do not like the fact that I have gained weight and it causes acne. I have done everything I can to have clear skin but it does not matter what I do. Lithium is cheap and effective but like I said I don't like the side effects. I am going to try Tegretol when I go back to the Doctor."

Anonymous January 12, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Lithium for almost 2 years now. It is actually amazing mood wise and it helped me get over my social anxiety. The side effects I've had which technically are not good at all, but are almost worth how I feel are. I had to be put on blood pressure medicines, my hair is sheding a lot more than normal. I have more acne than I used to, and the worst one. I've gained about 25 pounds which for me wasn't good I was already overweight. Oh and I haven't had a period for almost three months now (not pregnant) my doctor thinks Lithium might be to blame. I'm only 25 by the way, so I should still have a period. Besides all of this Lithium was the best thing to ever happen to me."

StarLover October 11, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Lithium for the last 11 years after being diagnosed Bipolar I. Has worked perfectly. However it caused hypothyroidism after 5 years and now looks like after a decade to have finally increased my creatinine level affecting my kidneys so here I am searching for a new medication. Other than these side effects this medication worked perfectly for over 10 years."

nomametosay January 19, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I got Myxedema coma. It was identified in the nick of time. Stay closely monitored."

ugghh November 7, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "Like it very well compared to other drugs I have taken."

markasbts September 7, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has truly made a huge difference in my mood swings. I am forever grateful."

Anonymous August 14, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "On Lithium everything felt muffled. It also took a large dosage to get to therapeutic level and then I had allergic reactions to it, vomiting, tremors, disorientation, etc. If it works for you, apparently from others I've talked to, it really does; if it doesn't it really doesn't."

singerofdreams June 18, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "Lithium has worked very well for me for many years. No adverse affects. "

cataz200yahoo.com May 13, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "Lithium works wonders to stabilize my mood. Only negative is some hair loss and acne."

kbkennedy February 25, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "Since lithobid has been on the market for at least 15 years, why has the price tripled in the past three years? When bi-polar individual cannot afford their medication it could be devastating to them and society as a whole."

tjj072852 April 19, 2007