User Reviews for Cytomel

Learn more about Cytomel.

Cytomel Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

Reviews for Cytomel to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

"I've been on Synthroid, Levoxyl, or Levothyroxine for the past 11 years at a suppressive dose and did fine. When my endocrinologist took me off of TSH suppression by lowering my dose of T4 I was miserable. Within in weeks I was exhausted, cold all the time, had brain fog, was depressed, and needed additional sleep. When I told my endocrinologist she continued to lower my dose (twice) because my TSH was suppressed. This caused me to be completely disfunctional at work and at home...I was so exhausted and everwhelmed I feared losing my job and my husband (no libido for over 6 months) and low productivity at work. I begged my endocrinologist to add T3. The dose was too low at first to make a difference but after reestablishing with a new"

Dana# (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2016

"I had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. I have been on various T4 supplements since: Synthroid, levothyroxine, Tirosint and continued to complain of fatigue, fogginess, wt gain, achiness, shortness of breath at exercise. FINALLY switched doctors as my Indian doctor would not try Armour. The new nurse practitioner looked at my labs: high T4, nonexistent T3. She switched me back to Synthroid and decreased the dosage, then added, for the FIRST time, Cytomel (T3). Within 3 days I have noticed a HUGE difference. So happy and still know the time test. BUT, fog is lifting, energy level increasing, sleeping well, HAPPY. I am hoping this continues. Noticed a slight headache at first but not bad. Will continue to cautiously be excited that we are ON to something."

Bigi (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Cytomel to compliment Synthroid for 2 days and my life has already changed for the better! I feel alive and my severe sweating and hot flashes have subsided - so far. I am SO VERY happy now."

Shoo October 6, 2010

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've taken this medication for a month and I can say it has changed my life: more energy, more sex drive and losing weight. Only drawback was I get migraine headaches when I don't drink enough water. Drink lots of water with this medication."

Sunshine7580 September 29, 2010

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using Cytomel for 3 months. I had been on compounded T3 for 9 months, however I was experiencing increasingly severe hot flushes. Currently my hot flushes have decreased."

Sidekick October 8, 2008

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate