User Reviews for Emla to treat Anesthesia

Emla has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Anesthesia. 69% of those users who reviewed Emla reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Emla Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Anesthesia.

Reviews for Emla

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2021

“I was so so nervous to get a blood test for work but I knew it needed to be done. I used EMLA in a thick layer on both inner elbow creases, that way the nurse could determine which side had the better vein for her to use. I seriously didn’t feel a single thing!! You could feel the cold alcohol swab but no needle pinch whatsoever. So amazing, this stuff is the best for people with needle phobia— highly recommend!”

Pinchas · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2020

“Needed an IV insertion for a contrast MRI, and insisted that EMLA be used. Applied 1.5 hrs. before the procedure, and I barely was aware of the needle at all. It makes a huge difference, since I am phobic about needles. My rule now is without EMLA, you can't touch me. You insert the IV when and where I tell you, or I am leaving!”

Tattoo Girl October 19, 2020

“I used Emla for a large tattoo. It worked well for about 2 hours and then wore off. It would be great for small tattoos or shorter tattoo sessions. Quite expensive in Canada!”

Scouser · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2019

“I use it when I have sex. It's amazing. I can last for ages now and long enough for my partner to orgasm every time. It's changed our sex life. I apply it to the tip of my penis about 30 mins before sex. Rub it in well to the entire head of the penis. Downside, obviously, is don't get the same sensation but after about 30 minutes of lovemaking the cream has worn off and I'm ready to ejaculate.”

Sarah.L · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2016

“I have a phobia of needles, and this is the way to get through blood tests. I had to keep getting blood tests, due to having low levels of iron in my blood, and if this numbing cream wasn't available, I don't know how I'd have coped. Come to think of it, using anything sharp on Me, is a nightmare. I didn't trust this cream to work more, at first, because quite a few medications haven't worked for me, but this was a godsend.”

Maddie May 17, 2018

“Hello everyone. Today I got my first tattoo. I was reading these comments this morning because I bought emla numbing cream and I’m so scared of needles I was skeptical of it even working! I must say that when I got to my appointment, she wiped my arm down and it freaked me out, my arm was so incredibly numb it felt like rubber. She started and told me she had done the first line and I literally felt nothing. I could hear buzzing and that was all. About 40mins in and it was starting to wear off but it was good because I felt like the cream eased me into it and then when I could actually feel it, it was almost done and wasn’t to bad :)”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 23, 2012

“Without Emla cream I don't know how I would have made it through my cancer treatments...Thank you so much. I am now finding it impossible to find Emla. My pharmacy have told me it has stopped being manufactured...is this true...Please say NO.”

Ree1990 October 28, 2013

“I use Emla with a dermaroller. I apply a thin layer and put cling film over it for 60 minutes before starting treatment. It completely numbs the area and I can't feel the 1.5mm needles at all. I can now get thru a session in 5 minutes instead of 30 where I had to keep stopping cause of pain. I bought this for just over $20 for a 5mg tube at Chemist Warehouse. It's expensive but I only need one every 6 weeks and 5g covers my whole buttock and thigh area. I love this stuff!”

Franki53 December 13, 2015

“I only use Emla to have sex. I use it one hour before I have sex with my wife and I enjoy longer intensive sex. I am german and I bought it in germany for %u20AC 27.90 euro in a 25mg tube, much much cheaper then here.”

wowavalidnicknamehahaha August 16, 2015

“Emla will do the job..for only half hour! It takes like 2 hours when you apply and you can't count on it more than 30-40 mins. If you wanna use Emla for a tattoo, anything bigger than the palm of your hand won't do the job! A little cute butterfly? Buy this product, you'll love it! A big rib piece? You better hold the pain and cry and faint than counting on this cream! And I do NOT know if you can re-apply some during the tattoo session. Just be aware that if the pain comes back and your tattoo is not over-your brain will freak out at least 6-7 times more and so as the pain! This product can be a b*tch if you want to use it on a $200 tattoo.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 22, 2019

“Does not work at all! I found it actually made it harder for the phlebotomist to find my small, deep, rolling veins as well. I've tried using the medication for almost 2 years as I need blood draw very often and I never felt much relief. When using the cream it seemed to burn more then without it. If it works for some people that’s great, but I find it’s better to just do without it. When I get a very skilled phlebotomist I have no pain or issues.”

Talkman1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2020

“Tried it first time today for sex, to stop premature ejaculation unbelievable, I lasted more than an hour. What a transformation in my sex life”

Hugh January 30, 2020

“It does not make a difference at all when I had 4 injections but for other smaller procedures it would work.”

David · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

“Was advised Emla would help when having huge tattoo on shoulder/arm, well it was still incredibly sore”