User Reviews for Unithroid to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

Unithroid has an average rating of 3.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal. 17% of those users who reviewed Unithroid reported a positive effect, while 83% reported a negative effect.

Unithroid Rating Summary

3.2/10 average rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

jrb · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

“I had a partial thyroidectomy. I took generics for years and the Sandoz distributed generic made by Cediprof disappeared after a distributing war. I needed a brand so this won't happen again. I felt terrible on Unthroid from the moment I took it in the morning, with nausea, finger pain and overall ill feeling. I didn't take it the next day and the symptoms went away. My Dr recommended Levoxyl and all those symptoms went away and it's cheaper. Unithroid puts a bunch of rubbish in their meds and clearly it does make a difference.”

Redhead · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

“I started on levothyroxine after my thyroidectomy due to cancer after about 7 months I decided to switch to brand name and my doctor picked this. While my body adjusted to the new stuff I felt awful. I had a couple days I felt really good and then boom it all went down hill. My period was four days early and horrible. I also became extremely anxious and depressed. This med is not right for me and I am hopeful to get to switch and try something new. If I have to be on it for life, better make sure it suits my body.”

Zitenisu July 24, 2019

“I received a prescription of Unithroid 75MG/BID after having major problems with Nature Throid. DR said that this medicine is better for people with IBS and other GI problems who've had problems taking other synthetic T4 mediation. This medicine supposedly contained very few ingredients and dyes. I was skeptical but started it. After only taking medicine for 2 days, my stomach made loud noises and shook and churned like a washing machine. Adverse reaction started quickly & intensity increased fast with this supposedly gentle medicine. This medicine is no milder or easier on your stomach than the other preparation. Unithroid contains lactose and dyes in every strength but the 50 mg tablets. I haven't had my labs yet to see if absorption is also an issue but even if it absorbs well, if it cause GI distress, what good is it?”

Tom140721105 · Taken for 10 years or more August 26, 2016

“My thyroid was removed in 1978 due to cancer. I started out on Armour but was eventually switched over to Synthroid. I have had no side effects from the drug and my doctor and I have been happy with the results. Frequent blood monitoring dictated that I alternate between 175mcg and 150mcg doses per day in order to fine tune my "numbers."”

Nadiakash February 6, 2016

“I get sick, angry and depressed from the medicine. I get migraines, I can't take it but through my research I am going to ask for Armour , it is natural but it replaces two hormones and you do need a prescription”

Tabbyknight January 20, 2018

“This medication gave me severe gastric upset. And it messed up my levels so bad. I was on Sandoz brand for years and got switched to this. All of a sudden I'm severely overdosed. This med does absorb better then most so doctors beware.”