User Reviews for Lactase

Also known as: Dairy Digest, Dairy Ease, Lac-Dose, Lactaid, Lactaid Extra Strength, Lactaid Fast Action, Lactaid Ultra, Lactase Extra Strength, Lactrase, SureLac

Learn more about Lactase.

Lactose Intolerance 13 reviews 10 medications

4.1
Summary of Lactase reviews 13 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Lactase

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "I lived in pain from most foods, until a new Gastroenterology doctor (Mayo Clinic) tested me for lactose intolerance. I proved to be VERY lactose intolerant. He recommended that I avoid milk, yogurt, and ice cream but try Lactaid with every meal, particularly canned foods and restaurant foods. Trace amounts of lactose can be present in canned products. When dining out, there are no guarantees of what is put in the food. Even foods that seem relatively safe, could contain lactose. Lactaid has worked GREAT! I no longer get sick after canned tuna fish or eating out. I continue to avoid milk and ice cream, but I can eat cheese within moderation. I hope the product works for those who need it. For me, it's been a lifeline to normalcy."

Mr. French April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "After not having many issues with any dairy other than ice cream, I decided to try lactaid in order to be able to enjoy the delicious treat of vanilla ice cream once more...but I regret everything now. Not only did it not do Jack squat, but my symptoms of lactose intolerance are even worse now. Usually I can get away with just a little bit of gas and I'm fine but now I have nausea, diarrhea, gas, and bloating. Worst decision ever!!! This product deserves negative stars!!!"

Scooterbutt9919 February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid Fast Action (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "I took 2-3 lactaid tablets yesterday and have severe stomach pains. This happened 2 months ago and I had to undergo two weeks of antibiotics to treat an h. pylori infection. Going for another h. pylori breath test today. Lactaid may disrupt stomach flora."

janio (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lactose Intolerance: "I took two pills last night and the next morning I was sick to my stomach. I'm vomiting, dizzy, and nauseous. I can't even keep water down. Be careful with this medicine."

Jk77 December 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid Fast Action (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "After taking 1 dose of lactase enzyme supplement 9000 units along with some ice creme I felt sick to my stomach I had stomach pains nausea just an overall feeling of sickness which lasted for most of the day"

necee December 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid Fast Action (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "I have taken Lactaid fast action twice now ( one week apart ) both times within hours I had diarrhea and vomiting. Won't be using this product again."

Liin (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "If I could give this product 0 stars I would. I took this pill twice and felt that the product worked fine. A couple days later, and I was experiencing the worst abdominal pain and cramping I've ever had. It put me into the hospital. I'm on my 4th day of misery and I promise I will never take this again. I would rather experience what I usually do after eating dairy. It's not worth the risk of seeing if it works for you. It's going into the trash."

Nourski (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "It's very effective overall, one pill prevents symptoms from regular moderately lactose containing products, like cheese or yoghurt, but 2 pills are needed for regular milk or ice cream or even a cappuccino. It has honestly truly changed my life!!"

Tammz (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "Lactaid definitely helps when eating milk products but it also caused severe constipation as some other users have reported."

Bobbie929 November 7, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "Very positive. I can eat almost anything as long as I take the Lactaid tablet as directed"

moonmuse (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "My 10 yr old son would get stomach cramps and diarrhea every time he tried milk. We tried lactaid on two different occasions a few weeks apart and both times caused vomiting. Obviously something in the pills does not agree with him."

Stu921 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid Ultra (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "I started using Lactaid Ultra a few years ago and this stuff is awesome. But now my system is used to it that it no longer helps. I have to up the number of pills I take and still it doesn't help. But I do recommend this product."

starbucksrebel June 13, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lactaid Fast Action (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: "I have been on the milk ever since it came out. It was a blessing for me because I am a milk drinker. I took the pills before the chewable but when the they came out I was thrilled at how fast they worked and they are good tasting so what could be better?? Not a thing. Thank you and to who ever came up with the chewables. I would like the coupons. "

madapice1929 February 5, 2011