User Reviews for Lactase

Also known as: Lactaid, Dairy Digest, Lactaid Fast Act, Colief, Dairy Ease, Lactrase, Lac-Dose, Lactaid Extra Strength, Lactaid Ultra

Lactose Intolerance
2.2

Reviews for Lactase

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “Man oh man. I’d rather deal with the effects of dairy products then use this stuff. If you’re reading this in an attempt to figure out if you’re alone then don’t worry you’re not. You may even be reading from the bathroom wondering what the heck is going on. The two times I’ve taken this to counteract the effects of eating dairy I’ve been sick with nausea and both times ended with me upchucking what I just ate. No less than an hour or so later tops. Stay away from this stuff. You may be one of the lucky ones who it works for but this harmed me way more than any dairy product ever did. Take care now. Hope you feel better soon!”

Kelsey Haze January 28, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “The 1st few times I took these I was fine. Over time, I noticed that I would get bloated/ stomach pains/diarrhea. That’s when I started to get suspicious. Last time I took these pills, I was SURE they were the culprit. It started with an unbearable stomach ache & chills. I ran to the toilet & diarrhea came out of me like H2O out of a faucet. After I was done, nothing comforted me besides the floor. As I laid on the floor ugly crying, I could also hear my stomach crying with me. It wasn’t over. I felt puke coming, so I ran back into the bathroom. I made it just outside the bathroom when projectile vomit sprayed out of me like a dragon breathing fire. I didn’t make it to the sink, but luckily it hit the tile. I puked about 6 more times, FILLING up the sink. My husband checked on me & to both of our horror, he slipped on my puke! There was VOMIT in between his toes & I couldn’t even warn him. I was violently ill. I’ll NEVER take these pills again.”

This sucks · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2021

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “This worked once or twice. Four days ago I became ill after taking these pills, not knowing what my problem was. I was vomiting, diarrhea and was shaking. I had other symptoms but I ended up going for a covid test because I was so ill. Only 4 days passed and I took the pills again tonight, here I am typing this from the bathroom floor extremely nauseous and had just had diarrhea. DO NOT BUY THESE, IT IS NOT WORTH THE BATHROOM TIME AND HOW CRUBBISH THEY MAKE YOU FEEL.”

Michael in BC · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I wish I would have seen these reviews before taking these pills of misery. The first time I had violent vomiting. My doctor assured me it couldn't be the lactase pills. The next week I tried them again and I spent another 24 hours with diahrea and vomiting. Why are these things on the market?”

Fluff October 11, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I just wish I'd read these lactase reviews before. I took a couple of tablets, over 2 days at the end of Sept and had 4 days worth of severe vomiting and diarrhea. I didn't link the 2 at the time and figured I'd had a horrible tummy bug. Fast forward 2 weeks later, and I had a cheese fondue so took a tablet to avoid the bloating. Instead, here I am again with horrific vomiting, cramps, sweats, pain and diarrhea. I was racking my brain, working out what I'd eaten or who has been sick recently in case I had caught something, then suddenly realized the only thing I'd done different was the medicine. Just Googled "can lactaid cause vomiting" and I got a sea of pages and people reacting the same way. I will never take or recommend this product to anyone again. I feel terrible, and I'm sad that this isn't more well known as a side effect.”

Shell · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

Lactaid Fast Act (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!! This is the only thing I’ve done different was try these tablets and I’m SOOOOOOO sick!!! Awful stomach pains, nauseated, hard bloated stomach, just down right awful feeling!!! Even by the next day I’m still hurting!! These need to be taken off the market IMMEDIATELY!!!!”

Ugh...my belly! April 19, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “I’m new to the lactose intolerant world. I made it to 50 without any dietary issues. I started having tummy troubles after eating yogurt or cheese, so I tried Lactaid. My first experience was a week ago. I had an ice coffee with cream and popped a pill for the first time so I could enjoy the coffee without the belly cramps. A couple hours later, I felt off. Something wasn’t right and then the vomiting started. I just assumed it was something I had for breakfast and left it at that. Fast forward 1 week. I’m out for pizza for lunch and give the Lactaid another try. Biggest mistake of my life! I barely made it home before the violent vomiting started. I had the sweats, the shakes and I couldn’t even pick up my head or open my eyes without getting nauseous. It took over an hour to stop the multiple vomiting and diarrhea sessions. I looked up the side effects and my symptoms weren’t mentioned anywhere. Thank you all for sharing. It’s nice to know it wasn’t just me!”

Christine March 26, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “The first few times I tried this product lactase I was fine, it helped a lot, so I offered some to my husband. I even bought more. One day, I became so nauseous, began vomiting for the first time as an adult. Threw up about five times, nausea continued and the next few days diarrhea began. I thought it was a stomach bug. The next week took the pill again and this time I became violently I'll, the worst experience of my life! I began vomiting so much it sprayed on the floor and walls, then I began sweating and had trouble breathing, I had stomach pains and liquid diarrhea. I started getting chills. This was my night. I do not recommend these pills to anyone alive. HC and the FDA should be informed and the manufacturers should not be allowed to make this product ever again. Judging from the other comments, I'm not the only one.”

Check Cee January 13, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “I started taking lactase pills to help with the effects of lactose intolerance. The first three or four time I took them they didn't seem to do much in the way of easing the symptoms of lactose intolerance and my stomach felt a little nauseous. The next time I took it, I became so ill I thought I had the flu. When I took it again, I became sick again with an upset stomach, diarrhea, headache and muscle aches. So much worse than the symptoms I get from eating lactose. I will never take this again!”

Never again · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “Took these last week before eating ice cream and I got so sick! I was vomiting and my stomach literally felt like it was going to explode. It hurt so bad. I thought I had food poisoning until I took them again before eating ice cream again. Same symptoms. I will never take these again!”

Maza123 · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “This was the worst pill I tried, taken it with food before and it upsets me a little but tried to take it before eating yogurt on an empty stomach, 2 hours later I was so sick, vomiting bile, shaking, never been so sick in my entire life. This was all because my doctor said to try to avoid lactose, I missed yogurt and decided to try these pills and it was the worst night of my life. I nearly went to the ER and two days later still in pain but recovering slowly. Never again.. and how can they officially claim it has no side effects? Yuck”

Mimi20 · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I took lactaid fast acting. Pain started about an hour or two after ingested. Some of the worst discomfort I’ve experienced in my life. Worked with stopping me from pooing myself from cream cheese but I got intense stomach pain and nausea to the point I couldn’t even stand. Was hunched over in a fetal position for two hours. Ate some cereal when I was able to get up and took a Tylenol. It helped. 10/10 do NOT recommend.”

MadUser · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE REPORTED. After seeing all of these reviews, I'm very angry. I got awful diarrhea and vomited profusely after taking this product, multiple times. This has happened to many others. This product needs to be taken off the market and out of stores NOW!!!!!!!!!! The feeling you get when you take this product is absolutely awful. -999999/10”

Shinychariot · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “Do yourself a favor and don’t buy these pills. They won’t help you and only give you false hope. I tried these pills out in an attempt to help me wean dairy out of my diet since I usually get an upset stomach when I eat it, but I figured I could treat myself every once in awhile by using these. They worked for the first 4-5 times and then I took two to eat a pizza. Worst mistake of my life. I ended up running to the bathroom and nearly pooping my pants and then projectile vomiting eight times into my bathtub. I seriously felt like my stomach was just a super soaker full of stomach acid and pepperoni. At the time I figured I had just gotten food poisoning so I took another one tonight in order to eat an ice cream cone. Tonight is when it clicked that it was the pill, I’ve been toilet bound for the last three hours and once again find myself vomiting into my tub. Please do not buy these. Save your money and try other milk alternatives if you can.”

A April 20, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I have very mild lactose intolerance and for the most part it doesn’t affect my daily life other than getting a stomach ache after a particularly dairy heavy meal. However, my girlfriend has it pretty bad so we usually have this stuff on deck. A few days ago, we had a cheesy dish and I thought to take one of these because it couldn’t hurt. An hour later I was incredibly nauseous, diarrhea, and even had a low grade fever. I was so miserable I cried, but thought it was the stomach flu. I was fine for a few days, and then tonight I took a lactaid and we are in this same position - nausea, diarrhea, cold sweats, etc. Something told me that maybe it was the lactaid, but after doing research this was the ONLY website where people shared my experience. I will never be taking these again. Also, I know it’s not the lactose itself because this has NEVER happened before. Wish me luck as I take a pepto bismol and try to ride this terrible night out.”

Chloe November 3, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I’ve used Lactaid before and can’t remember having symptoms from it. I recently went on vacation and decided to buy some in case I ended up having any dairy. Looking back at just a couple days ago I understand why my stomach hurt and why I was nauseous. Today I had just a little bit of cheese and decided to take a Lactaid. I all of a sudden felt nauseous and had stomach cramps. I went on a walk and my cramps wouldn’t go away. I was getting chills and almost some cold sweats. Then, the diarrhea..It didn’t add up that my stomach would hurt that bad from half a slice of cheese. It sounds like so many people have experienced similar symptoms. I won’t be taking this again..I have tried the Equate brand and I don’t remember ever having issues so I’m curious if there’s a difference in ingredients causing this problem. I’m too scared to try again now!”

Momof2 · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Lactaid Fast Act (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “My story sounds like all the others. I tried this product 2 separate times. First time I was at work. Took the Lactaid with my lunch and one hour I was sick. Vomiting and diarrhea. I had to leave and go home. I did not think it was the pills. I tried it again a few months later and same thing. Vomiting and diarrhea. I had bought a box of 60 chewables that will go to trash. I would not recommend this product to anyone.”

Someone · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “I have tried these pills twice. Once last week and I got violently ill vomiting for 5 hours straight and then diarrhea about 4 hours later. The vomiting was so bad that I couldn’t hardly breathe in between. I got cold chills and was sweating profusely. It was absolutely awful. I tried again last night not knowing what exactly caused the illness the first time. Same exact thing. No way will I ever take another one of these or suggest them to anyone.”

Mom of 2 July 7, 2021

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “My oldest daughter has experienced issues when having ice cream or dairy for a while. The problem is, she is her mother’s child; we like Dairy Queen and we can’t say no to a Blizzard. I gave her these pills about a month ago, and before we could even get in the door, she was running to the bathroom. I remember thinking that her issues were worse with the pills than usual, but my husband talked me out of that thought process. Fast forward to last night, and I decided to give her the full dose, because that could have been the issue last time; I only gave half a dose because I was just starting to use it. Full dose equals FULL misery. My poor baby, once again, could barely get in the door before having to run to the bathroom. Thank goodness I had Zofran, but she’s miserable. It’s been 24 hours, and her stomach is still hurting and she’s still in the bed. This stuff is AWFUL!!!!!! From now on, I think we will just go back to Tums and Famotadine 30 minutes before ice cream.”

YogUrt · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “I love plain yogurt but was having difficulty with dairy digestion (diarrhea). So, I decided to try a generic lactase chewable tablet. What a mistake. I suffered severe nausea and could do nothing but lay in bed all day. Later, my daughter stopped by on her way home from work. When I told her I felt quite "off", and what I had taken, she said: I remember when you tried Lactaid about 10 years ago; the same thing happened. I wish I HAD remembered. I WILL keep this last awful episode in mind.”

Easyonthecheesy · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “Lactaid destroyed me. I was really looking forward to enjoying dairy but unfortunately the pills caused a non-stop purge (at work no less) that lasted hours. I was so nauseous that I literally couldn’t move without being sick. I have been super ill both times that I’ve taken the pills.”

BB · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2020

Lactaid Fast Act (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “I took one Lactaid Fast Act pill, one time. Never again. I was extremely nauseous for the whole rest of the day. It was awful. I almost left work early because I didn’t trust myself not to get sick at any moment. I am not going through that again!”

Tammz · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2015

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “It's very effective overall, one pill prevents symptoms from regular moderately lactose containing products, like cheese or yoghurt, but 2 pills are needed for regular milk or ice cream or even a cappuccino. It has honestly truly changed my life!!”

Acc · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

Lactaid Fast Act (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “I have taken this pill 3 separate times. Every time I have taken this I have severe cramps and diarrhea. HORRIBLE DIARRHEA!!!! The first two times I took this I thought it was something I ate that was bad. Now the third time dealing with this I know that it’s the pills. When my stomach wakes me up in the Middle of the night so I can spend an hour in the bathroom is not fun. It usually lasts for 24 hours but it’s embarrassing to tell my boss I can’t come in Because I’m on the toilet. Never again will I take these and I would never recommend them.”

Scooterbutt9919 February 6, 2017

Lactaid (lactase) for Lactose Intolerance: “After not having many issues with any dairy other than ice cream, I decided to try lactaid in order to be able to enjoy the delicious treat of vanilla ice cream once more...but I regret everything now. Not only did it not do Jack squat, but my symptoms of lactose intolerance are even worse now. Usually I can get away with just a little bit of gas and I'm fine but now I have nausea, diarrhea, gas, and bloating. Worst decision ever!!! This product deserves negative stars!!!”