User Reviews for Lactaid

Lactose Intolerance

Reviews for Lactaid

Fluffin55 March 19, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “I have to take 6 tablets for it to work, but it works great!”

Old.man.in.new.hampshire · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “I have become very sensitive to lactose. Although I only eat low lactose food such as cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, yogurt it was causing severe gastric problems that were hard to pinpoint. After a few cheesey and yogurty days, I realized the association. Lactaid got me through those leftovers. Now I take Lactaid whenever eating food I don't prepare and I am symptom free. No negative side affects. I will use the little travel case when eating out. I won't be eating dairy like I was but using Lactaid gives me assurance. After struggling for years, Lactaid is a sweet solution.:-)”

This sucks · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2021

For Lactose Intolerance: “This worked once or twice. Four days ago I became ill after taking these pills, not knowing what my problem was. I was vomiting, diarrhea and was shaking. I had other symptoms but I ended up going for a covid test because I was so ill. Only 4 days passed and I took the pills again tonight, here I am typing this from the bathroom floor extremely nauseous and had just had diarrhea. DO NOT BUY THESE, IT IS NOT WORTH THE BATHROOM TIME AND HOW CRUBBISH THEY MAKE YOU FEEL.”

Someone · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Lactose Intolerance: “I have tried these pills twice. Once last week and I got violently ill vomiting for 5 hours straight and then diarrhea about 4 hours later. The vomiting was so bad that I couldn’t hardly breathe in between. I got cold chills and was sweating profusely. It was absolutely awful. I tried again last night not knowing what exactly caused the illness the first time. Same exact thing. No way will I ever take another one of these or suggest them to anyone.”

Tammz · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2015

For Lactose Intolerance: “It's very effective overall, one pill prevents symptoms from regular moderately lactose containing products, like cheese or yoghurt, but 2 pills are needed for regular milk or ice cream or even a cappuccino. It has honestly truly changed my life!!”

Scooterbutt9919 February 6, 2017

For Lactose Intolerance: “After not having many issues with any dairy other than ice cream, I decided to try lactaid in order to be able to enjoy the delicious treat of vanilla ice cream once more...but I regret everything now. Not only did it not do Jack squat, but my symptoms of lactose intolerance are even worse now. Usually I can get away with just a little bit of gas and I'm fine but now I have nausea, diarrhea, gas, and bloating. Worst decision ever!!! This product deserves negative stars!!!”

Stu921 · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2014

For Lactose Intolerance: “My 10 yr old son would get stomach cramps and diarrhea every time he tried milk. We tried lactaid on two different occasions a few weeks apart and both times caused vomiting. Obviously something in the pills does not agree with him.”

inthebafroom · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “Lactaid has worked well for me. I ate some cheese and my lactose intolerance kicked in severely. The next day I tried lactaid for the first time and ate the same cheese, and I experienced no stomach issues. Ever since then, I have used lactaid and it has worked very effectively. I have experienced no side effects.”

Anonymous August 31, 2019

For Lactose Intolerance: “Like many others have reported, I tried taking Lactaid only twice and became violently ill 4 hours afterward each time. I will not try it again. Like many things, it sounds like it works for some but not others. I suggest you plan ahead when trying it. The first time I took it with ice cream and thought it was a reaction to the ice cream or only taking two pills. I tried it again a week later before a meal containing small amounts of dairy and had the same result. I wish I had known this doesn’t work for everyone and may cause worse symptoms than lactose intolerance digestive upset alone.”

Nourski · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2015

For Lactose Intolerance: “If I could give this product 0 stars I would. I took this pill twice and felt that the product worked fine. A couple days later, and I was experiencing the worst abdominal pain and cramping I've ever had. It put me into the hospital. I'm on my 4th day of misery and I promise I will never take this again. I would rather experience what I usually do after eating dairy. It's not worth the risk of seeing if it works for you. It's going into the trash.”

Mr. French April 7, 2017

For Lactose Intolerance: “I lived in pain from most foods, until a new Gastroenterology doctor (Mayo Clinic) tested me for lactose intolerance. I proved to be VERY lactose intolerant. He recommended that I avoid milk, yogurt, and ice cream but try Lactaid with every meal, particularly canned foods and restaurant foods. Trace amounts of lactose can be present in canned products. When dining out, there are no guarantees of what is put in the food. Even foods that seem relatively safe, could contain lactose. Lactaid has worked GREAT! I no longer get sick after canned tuna fish or eating out. I continue to avoid milk and ice cream, but I can eat cheese within moderation. I hope the product works for those who need it. For me, it's been a lifeline to normalcy.”

Mz Jay · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2017

For Lactose Intolerance: “This is my second time trying this pill. The first, was about ten years ago. Therefore, I brushed the side effects to the side and thought it was just me. This time, I took two pills and all I can say is that I will never try them again! Maybe it’s just me but I vomited, had diarrhea and my stomach hurt for hours. I prayed to the porcelain Queen like no other. All I wanted was a mini bar of ice cream but after feeling so bad, I’d rather deal with the side effects from having the ice cream.”

Ahardizzle · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2018

For Lactose Intolerance: “I developed a lactose intolerance around the time I turned 25. I cut out all dairy products until a few months ago, I’m now 32, until a friend gave me Lactaid. If I’m eating a cheeseburger and I take one fast acting capsule I’m fine. If I’m eating ice cream, potato soup, chicken Alfredo.... I have taken two. I have taken two now three separate times and both times ended up with severe painful vomiting/diarrhea. Much worse than if I had just eaten the food without the Lactaid. I think it’s a great product if it works for you but I would rather not eat dairy than projectile vomit.”

maydaygirl · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2020

For Lactose Intolerance: “I agree with previous reviewers, this product Lactaid should be reported to the FDA. As I've gotten older I seem to have trouble digesting some cheeses. Last night, we had cheese omelettes. I decided to try a Lactaid chewable. Three hours later I felt so ill overall and then vomited for an hour. I had this same effect about 4 years ago when I tried Lactaid but stupidly decided to try it again. People need to be warned about this.”

Tasmanused January 18, 2018

For Lactose Intolerance: “After discovering that all medications I was taking had lactose in them. Also finding out I was taking the wrong lactaid. I found that I must use the fast acting kind. My problems have all but disappeared. I can tolerate some sharp cheddar cheese. When eating out I take 2 fast acting at every meal because like it was said before, lactose can hide in a lot of places. I can have a lactose free meal at home and still have to take 2 lactaid because of warfarin I take that has lactose as a filler. My stomach is much better because of lactaid.”

Bobbie929 November 7, 2014

For Lactose Intolerance: “Lactaid definitely helps when eating milk products but it also caused severe constipation as some other users have reported.”

moonmuse · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2014

For Lactose Intolerance: “Very positive. I can eat almost anything as long as I take the Lactaid tablet as directed”

Achambliss · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2018

For Lactose Intolerance: “It always works wonderfully for me!”