User Reviews for Creon

Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction 5 reviews 64 medications

4.3
Summary of Creon reviews 14 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Creon

For Chronic Pancreatitis "This year of 2016 I have spent two stays in hospital with severe stomach pain, I lost two stone in weight as the normal day to day food of meats, veg and snacks caused the pain to increase. In September I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, my consultant then prescribed Creon. For me I have suffered no side effects, only complete relief from the horrendous pain pancreatitis causes. I have now gained weight as I can once again enjoy meats, but I do trim the fat of steaks and chops. I also take senna alongside Creon as this helps keep my bowel movement to almost normal. I very rarely get those nasty smelly floating stools as I have got my dosage just right. Taking Creon has given me back my previous life."

Vivhuski (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Chronic Pancreatitis "Advised to take capsules 20 mins before food. Is this common? Had 5 bouts of severe vomiting & diarhoe in last 10 weeks. 9 mths on creon. Any advice?"

DDil September 25, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction "I was prescribed Creon for EPI. While on this medication I experienced very little, if any, relief from my symptoms. The side effect were horrendous - headache, hot flashes, coughing, memory issues (straining to remember words) and joint pain in my upper leg and tail bone. Within 24 hours of stopping the medication ALL side effects disappeared."

girasole (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction "Side effect's kicked in were worse than my condition. Already take zofran for nausea & vomiting. This drug actually started me vomiting again. If you have depression & anxiety issues & pain issues in joint's, etc... can make it worse & over ride medication. Thank goodness my doctor gave me samples because extremely expensive even with insurance. Do not take if you are allergic or don't take/eat pork ingredient's...I'm not - but is warning I wasn't told about."

NigelCO (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction "I had immediate problems when I started taking this medication. Honestly, I thought it was a placebo, because I had all of the symptoms that caused me to take the med in the first place. Definitely did not work for me."

Sick Tummy March 15, 2016

For Chronic Pancreatitis "I also take this for my CP, works well but the side effects."

Ron g13 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2015

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction "Marginally slowed chronic bowel dysfunction. Bowel movements remain watery and loose."

777 777 August 4, 2014

For Cystic Fibrosis "Out of all the synthetic pancreatic enzymes I have taken Creon20 is the most helpful so far but I find its best just to not eat fat. Also a normal person needs only 30 calories of fat a day so if you have cystic fibrosis keep this in mind. "

adlisies (taken for 10 years or more) June 7, 2012

For Cystic Fibrosis "I'm a 42 year old male with cystic fibrosis. Survived until 38 with no medication but constant diarrhea. Could not tolerate fatty foods or alcohol - made me very nauseous and big weight swings. Creon has stopped all this completely and life is much happier and healthier. The little Creon carry pack makes taking creon 25,000 with meal easy. Very happy."

King Creon March 30, 2012

"I used this medicine for about 10 months and I was filling good. I did not take it for 2 days and I went to ER with very hard pain of pancreatitis."

shushka January 26, 2012

For Chronic Pancreatitis "This is the best medicine for Chronic pancreatitis. I am using it and it's very helpful for me. Please use less amount of protein in your food and break your meal in two three to four parts in full day. Don't take more amount of food at one time. This medicine is helpful for improving pancreas. "

Anonymous December 21, 2011

For Chronic Pancreatitis "I have chronic pancreatitis. For a while I was dropping weight very fast. Lost 32 pounds in March alone. It was to the point where I couldn't function between vomiting and just the pain in my stomach area I wasn't doing well. My GI doctor put me on Creon and things got much better. I take one before I eat and after. Slowly I was able to add to my menu more of foods I can tolerate. Off the list before was any meat except for fish, lettuce and anything to sweet. If I forget to take it when I eat and I do suffer the consequences later. I'm very happy with this medicine."

jennpugli August 31, 2011

For Cystic Fibrosis "I've used Creon all my life (I'm 28), and changed to Creon 25,000 about 10 years ago which meant I didn't need to take as many tablets for my Cystic fibrosis."

Anonymous October 9, 2010

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction "Creon is great. If I do not take it I suffer severe pain."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

For Cystic Fibrosis "Creon has helped my little three year old cousin. She was born with cystic fibrosis and she doesn't understand what it can and what it is doing to her! She is a heathy little girl that is going to survive this birth defect!"

mammers April 14, 2008