User Reviews for Creon

Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction 5.7
Summary of Creon reviews 6.9 30 reviews

Reviews for Creon

Will · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 27, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “After Whipple surgery, my GI doc and my oncologist both recommended that I take 75,000 IU of Creon per major meal and 25,000 per snack. It works to control diarrhea, though it's very expensive. But, if I take it with the meal, it causes gas bloating. So, now I'm experimenting with taking it before meals, 30-60 minutes, which seems to work, except that I always have to know exactly when I'll eat next, so I can take pills at the right time in advance. Does anyone else have this bloating problem and if so, how do you deal with it?”

J. R. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I was diagnosed with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) after about 3 months of diarrhea. At first the Creon didn't do anything, but eventually the diarrhea slowed and stomach pain decreased. Watching my diet to avoid fatty foods as best I can has also helped. Still have completely loose stool, but not as often as before. I have developed a cough and sore throat along with a raspiness in my voice that continues to get worse. (not good for a singer). I have found no remedies for that and have not been advised of any help. I don't know what I'll do if the pain continues to increase. I can live without singing (not a professional), but the throat pain is really getting bad.”

Lorraine · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: ““I have been persevering with Creon on and off for three years now after Whipples surgery. Every time I started it back on me diarrhea was actually worse. This medication did absolutely nothing to help even with increasing in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I am told to keep taking it and worry that by not taking it it will do more harm.”

Litae · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I've been taking 36,000 units Creon per meal for almost five months now after having the Whipple procedure. Just two weeks ago I started vomiting occasionally and, sorry this sounds so gross, the food upchucked was undigested. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have an appointment scheduled with my doctor, and will find out more then. Just wondering if anyone else experienced delayed side effects, or is it possible I have developed a sensitivity to it. Worked great at first.”

crabtownc · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 29, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I take Creon 25000 (2 with meals, 1 with snacks) because I take Somatulin for NET tumors and it upsets pancreatic function. Originally wasn't impressed, so after 4 months, with my Dr's OK, I suspended it... but the symptoms came back in spades. I'm now more religious about dosage and timing and find it helps immensely (back on it 8 months). Helps with gas, bloating, diarrhea, greasy stools, smell. Not always totally effective, but I haven't restricted what I eat or drink and suppose if I were better at that, I'd have more success. Good luck to others!”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I have pancreatic cancer and have been dealing with digestive problems since the diagnosis. I've lost 45# and I haven't been able to eliminate diarrhea in the 2 months of chemo. My potassium has dropped to a point where the drs are considering stopping treatments until I can get blood counts under control. I've been taking the Creon enzymes for 3 days. Total difference. I have an appetite, slept 7 hours straight, less gassiness, no pain and I've gained 2#. I feel great. Absolutely a miracle drug for me as I watched myself waste away.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “First,,this drug is EXPENSIVE. MY regular insurance denied paying for it 3x..I had to have my doctor fight with them on the phone saying this is the ONLY current viable drug for Panceatic insufficiency..they still complained. My stomach was in very bad pain, loose stool and extreme bloating. After ONE day of use (5 pills of 12000 units) my bloating reduced 50%. The frequency of loose still is down to only once a day vs 3-4 x a day pre-Creon. The pain is beginning to improve. HOWEVER--this drug has given me one of the RARE side effects listed in warnings "HIVES". My back wont stop itching..UGHH So-now I have to decide between abdominal pain all day or having scratching all day... I have to ask the doctor for anti- itch pills now.. ANYONE ELSE GET ITCHING?”

Peggy Marshall August 19, 2019

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “When I first started using this medication, after one day of use my next bowel movement was a long, fully formed with no appearance of undigested food. Extreme urgency gone after about five years of very disruptive diarrhea.”

tacticalmadness1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “This medication did absolutely nothing to resolve my EPI disorder (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) even with a recommended increase in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I have had many medical problems during my 76 yrs of life and recovered but, EPI is the worst medical problem I have ever had. It will not go away.”

motguy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Whether it was the medicine or not, I had abdominal pain after taking Creon for 2 months. I cut the dosage back, had more tests run on abdomen, which showed nothing. Have been taking a dosing capsule of 24,000 units with each meal since February and have had no side effects. No more runny stools or frequent trips to the rest room. Have an appointment and lab work later this month.”

Fed up woman · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “After a gastric bypass 4 yrs ago then followed by gall bladder removal I was left with chronic unpredictable diarrhea, pain, bloating and nausea. Recent tests showed I had EPI (Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency)and my pancreas was not producing enough if any enzymes. A week ago I was prescribed Creon 10000 by the hospital. I feel so ill taking them. The pain and bloating have gone but am still getting diarrhea, bad nausea, a vile taste in my mouth that taints everything I eat / drink and awful headaches. I take 2 capsules with a meal twice a day then 1 with any snacks. I cannot eat normal meals due to the gadtric bypass so I tend to graze throughout the day every 2/3 hours. Is this normal and will the symptoms go eventually or will it always be like this. I am truly sick and tired of it all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 1, 2019

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “I was diagnosed with Chronic pancreatitis when I was 38 and not a drinker only on special occasions. Since then I have been taking creon 3 tabs at 25000 with each meal and it has helped remarkably - no more stools floating or fatty...less pain and feeling much more normal again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Wonderful”

Beth · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 29, 2018

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “I lost a lot of weight and was spending my life in the bathroom. Creon has me almost back to normal. My dose varies according to what I eat and I do have to avoid fats but still eat salmon, avocado and use olive oil..healthy fats still need to be in one's diet...I just adjust my dose. So glad my doctor gave me this flexibility as we know our bodies best! Creon has been a life saver for me!”

Dik Mitchell, age 85 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2018

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Creon is great for my Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI), taken almost three years. Without Creon have explosive diarrhea. But my dosage is tiny compared to many, one 3,000 liapase capsule with all meals or snacks.”

suzanne martin February 23, 2017

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “I tried creon and other NHS pancreatic enzymes but they all made me worse than ever, so I began taking a vegan enzyme called botanogest made by a company in belgium. It cured all my pancreas and stomach pain and I could eat any foods I wanted with it. A MRI scan has shown it has also made the scarring on my pancreas completely disappear which drs say is impossible? botanogest has recently been discontinued and without it I'll need a feeding tube, no other enzymes work for me, I believe botanogest could help millions of people with pancreatitis be well again, like I was for 17 years with it, I keep mailing the company in Belgium asking them to start selling it again, its a miracle product for pancreatitis,”

Vivhuski · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2016

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “This year of 2016 I have spent two stays in hospital with severe stomach pain, I lost two stone in weight as the normal day to day food of meats, veg and snacks caused the pain to increase. In September I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, my consultant then prescribed Creon. For me I have suffered no side effects, only complete relief from the horrendous pain pancreatitis causes. I have now gained weight as I can once again enjoy meats, but I do trim the fat of steaks and chops. I also take senna alongside Creon as this helps keep my bowel movement to almost normal. I very rarely get those nasty smelly floating stools as I have got my dosage just right. Taking Creon has given me back my previous life.”

DDil September 25, 2016

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “Advised to take capsules 20 mins before food. Is this common? Had 5 bouts of severe vomiting & diarhoe in last 10 weeks. 9 mths on creon. Any advice?”

girasole · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I was prescribed Creon for EPI. While on this medication I experienced very little, if any, relief from my symptoms. The side effect were horrendous - headache, hot flashes, coughing, memory issues (straining to remember words) and joint pain in my upper leg and tail bone. Within 24 hours of stopping the medication ALL side effects disappeared.”

NigelCO · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Side effect's kicked in were worse than my condition. Already take zofran for nausea & vomiting. This drug actually started me vomiting again. If you have depression & anxiety issues & pain issues in joint's, etc... can make it worse & over ride medication. Thank goodness my doctor gave me samples because extremely expensive even with insurance. Do not take if you are allergic or don't take/eat pork ingredient's...I'm not - but is warning I wasn't told about.”

Sick Tummy March 15, 2016

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I had immediate problems when I started taking this medication. Honestly, I thought it was a placebo, because I had all of the symptoms that caused me to take the med in the first place. Definitely did not work for me.”

Ron g13 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2015

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “I also take this for my CP, works well but the side effects.”

777 777 August 4, 2014

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Marginally slowed chronic bowel dysfunction. Bowel movements remain watery and loose.”

adlisies · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2012

For Cystic Fibrosis: “Out of all the synthetic pancreatic enzymes I have taken Creon20 is the most helpful so far but I find its best just to not eat fat. Also a normal person needs only 30 calories of fat a day so if you have cystic fibrosis keep this in mind. ”

King Creon March 30, 2012

For Cystic Fibrosis: “I'm a 42 year old male with cystic fibrosis. Survived until 38 with no medication but constant diarrhea. Could not tolerate fatty foods or alcohol - made me very nauseous and big weight swings. Creon has stopped all this completely and life is much happier and healthier. The little Creon carry pack makes taking creon 25,000 with meal easy. Very happy.”