User Reviews for Creon to treat Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction

Creon Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction.

Reviews for Creon

tacticalmadness1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

"This medication did absolutely nothing to resolve my EPI disorder (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) even with a recommended increase in dosage. I continued to have frequent explosive diarrhea problems. I have had many medical problems during my 76 yrs of life and recovered but, EPI is the worst medical problem I have ever had. It will not go away."

motguy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

"Whether it was the medicine or not, I had abdominal pain after taking Creon for 2 months. I cut the dosage back, had more tests run on abdomen, which showed nothing. Have been taking a dosing capsule of 24,000 units with each meal since February and have had no side effects. No more runny stools or frequent trips to the rest room. Have an appointment and lab work later this month."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

"Wonderful"

Dik Mitchell, age 85 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2018

"Creon is great for my Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI), taken almost three years. Without Creon have explosive diarrhea. But my dosage is tiny compared to many, one 3,000 liapase capsule with all meals or snacks."

girasole · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2016

"I was prescribed Creon for EPI. While on this medication I experienced very little, if any, relief from my symptoms. The side effect were horrendous - headache, hot flashes, coughing, memory issues (straining to remember words) and joint pain in my upper leg and tail bone. Within 24 hours of stopping the medication ALL side effects disappeared."

NigelCO · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2016

"Side effect's kicked in were worse than my condition. Already take zofran for nausea & vomiting. This drug actually started me vomiting again. If you have depression & anxiety issues & pain issues in joint's, etc... can make it worse & over ride medication. Thank goodness my doctor gave me samples because extremely expensive even with insurance. Do not take if you are allergic or don't take/eat pork ingredient's...I'm not - but is warning I wasn't told about."

Sick Tummy March 15, 2016

"I had immediate problems when I started taking this medication. Honestly, I thought it was a placebo, because I had all of the symptoms that caused me to take the med in the first place. Definitely did not work for me."

777 777 August 4, 2014

"Marginally slowed chronic bowel dysfunction. Bowel movements remain watery and loose."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

"Creon is great. If I do not take it I suffer severe pain."