User Reviews for Zenpep

Zenpep has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of those users who reviewed Zenpep reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction
7.4
Chronic Pancreatitis
Cystic Fibrosis
10.0
Summary of Zenpep reviews 7.6 9 reviews

Jantrae · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 28, 2021

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I have been taking zenpep for the past 10 years after having pancreatic cancer. It works great but is very expensive.”

Ron R · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 9, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Using Zenpep has made a significant difference in the way I feel having Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction (PED). Without this medication I have a difficult time getting through a day without gastric issues.”

Crunchy · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2020

For Cystic Fibrosis: “I've taken Zenpep for most of my life. I take 5 caps with meals and snacks because I have fat in every meal. It works great and the only time I've had an issue is if I had an extra fatty meal and didn't take an additional capsule. I recommend Zenpep to anyone with CF.”

GZKOM · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 21, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Like my mother, I have had duodenal ulcer, heart burn, and symptom of EFI and steatorrhea for many years. Otherwise, I don't have pains, and I don't know if I have pancreatitis or CF. Without medicines, I would have 3-5 bowel movements every day, and it is extremely painful when I travel, which I do very often. So I started to take Zenpep, which is very effective without any obvious side effect. When I travel, 3-4 capsules of 20000 Unit (the green capsules) with meal will keep me safe for most of the day. But the worry about the side effect of long period of usage pushs me to find alternative medicine. The luckily, I found that by chance, the non-prescription 3-400 mg of capsules of Nattokinase (3-4 x 2000 FUs) with meal has the same, if not better effect to keep me dry for most of the day. Hope it helps anyone who may need it.”

Sue English · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2017

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “I was diagnosed 2 years ago with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I have had chemo and radiation and I am doing very well. When first diagnosed I was on Creon I had no side effects but wanted something a little less expensive, so my Oncologist suggested I try Zenpep. It works great, as long as I don't forget and skip a dose, when I skip a dose all my symptoms come roaring back, gas, pain, cramps and loose bowls.”

Anonymous January 6, 2017

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “This medication works well for me and I had no side effects. The monthly cost is so expensive!! $1875.72 monthly without insurance! With little to no help from the pharmaceutical company. When my insurance will pay for it it's $240. Monthly”

Blanca · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “Started using Aenpep. No side effects but honestly it does not work. I been in pain ever since I started taking it. I take it during each meal and I am in pain. Pertyze is what really works for me but my insurance does not want to cover it :( it sucks that we paid too much for insurance and I have to beg for my meds. Actually is the only one I take. I eat well - I gave up sweets and red meat, coffee, not to many carbs but I hurt. I go on liquid diets for 3 days if not more. As soon as I eat there is my pain again with this pills.”

Anonymous April 3, 2012

For Chronic Pancreatitis: “Zenpep works great for me, however the cost of the pills are ridiculous! ”

CW · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2020

For Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction: “Zenpep Did not do anything for me”