User Reviews for Creon to treat Chronic Pancreatitis

Creon has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis. 55% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Creon Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis.

Reviews for Creon

Beth · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 29, 2018

“I lost a lot of weight and was spending my life in the bathroom. Creon has me almost back to normal. My dose varies according to what I eat and I do have to avoid fats but still eat salmon, avocado and use olive oil..healthy fats still need to be in one's diet...I just adjust my dose. So glad my doctor gave me this flexibility as we know our bodies best! Creon has been a life saver for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

“First,,this drug is EXPENSIVE. MY regular insurance denied paying for it 3x..I had to have my doctor fight with them on the phone saying this is the ONLY current viable drug for Panceatic insufficiency..they still complained. My stomach was in very bad pain, loose stool and extreme bloating. After ONE day of use (5 pills of 12000 units) my bloating reduced 50%. The frequency of loose still is down to only once a day vs 3-4 x a day pre-Creon. The pain is beginning to improve. HOWEVER--this drug has given me one of the RARE side effects listed in warnings "HIVES". My back wont stop itching..UGHH So-now I have to decide between abdominal pain all day or having scratching all day... I have to ask the doctor for anti- itch pills now.. ANYONE ELSE GET ITCHING?”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 1, 2019

“I was diagnosed with Chronic pancreatitis when I was 38 and not a drinker only on special occasions. Since then I have been taking creon 3 tabs at 25000 with each meal and it has helped remarkably - no more stools floating or fatty...less pain and feeling much more normal again.”

jennpugli August 31, 2011

“I have chronic pancreatitis. For a while I was dropping weight very fast. Lost 32 pounds in March alone. It was to the point where I couldn't function between vomiting and just the pain in my stomach area I wasn't doing well. My GI doctor put me on Creon and things got much better. I take one before I eat and after. Slowly I was able to add to my menu more of foods I can tolerate. Off the list before was any meat except for fish, lettuce and anything to sweet. If I forget to take it when I eat and I do suffer the consequences later. I'm very happy with this medicine.”

Vivhuski · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2016

“This year of 2016 I have spent two stays in hospital with severe stomach pain, I lost two stone in weight as the normal day to day food of meats, veg and snacks caused the pain to increase. In September I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, my consultant then prescribed Creon. For me I have suffered no side effects, only complete relief from the horrendous pain pancreatitis causes. I have now gained weight as I can once again enjoy meats, but I do trim the fat of steaks and chops. I also take senna alongside Creon as this helps keep my bowel movement to almost normal. I very rarely get those nasty smelly floating stools as I have got my dosage just right. Taking Creon has given me back my previous life.”

Fed up woman · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

“After a gastric bypass 4 yrs ago then followed by gall bladder removal I was left with chronic unpredictable diarrhea, pain, bloating and nausea. Recent tests showed I had EPI (Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency)and my pancreas was not producing enough if any enzymes. A week ago I was prescribed Creon 10000 by the hospital. I feel so ill taking them. The pain and bloating have gone but am still getting diarrhea, bad nausea, a vile taste in my mouth that taints everything I eat / drink and awful headaches. I take 2 capsules with a meal twice a day then 1 with any snacks. I cannot eat normal meals due to the gadtric bypass so I tend to graze throughout the day every 2/3 hours. Is this normal and will the symptoms go eventually or will it always be like this. I am truly sick and tired of it all.”

suzanne martin February 23, 2017

“I tried creon and other NHS pancreatic enzymes but they all made me worse than ever, so I began taking a vegan enzyme called botanogest made by a company in belgium. It cured all my pancreas and stomach pain and I could eat any foods I wanted with it. A MRI scan has shown it has also made the scarring on my pancreas completely disappear which drs say is impossible? botanogest has recently been discontinued and without it I'll need a feeding tube, no other enzymes work for me, I believe botanogest could help millions of people with pancreatitis be well again, like I was for 17 years with it, I keep mailing the company in Belgium asking them to start selling it again, its a miracle product for pancreatitis,”

Anonymous December 21, 2011

“This is the best medicine for Chronic pancreatitis. I am using it and it's very helpful for me. Please use less amount of protein in your food and break your meal in two three to four parts in full day. Don't take more amount of food at one time. This medicine is helpful for improving pancreas. ”

Sandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

“After 2 month using Creon 25000. It make my anxiety go high level and still not control. Anyone suffering like this!!! Please share your experiences. I am worry about it.”

DDil September 25, 2016

“Advised to take capsules 20 mins before food. Is this common? Had 5 bouts of severe vomiting & diarhoe in last 10 weeks. 9 mths on creon. Any advice?”

Ron g13 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2015

“I also take this for my CP, works well but the side effects.”

Learn more about Chronic Pancreatitis