User Reviews for Ketalar to treat Anesthesia

Ketalar has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Anesthesia. 20% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 80% reported a negative experience.

Ketalar rating summary

3.0/10 average rating

Compare all 263 medications used in the treatment of Anesthesia.

Not Ross Geller · Taken for less than 1 month · January 19, 2019

“I was given Ketamine in the ER. I was extremely nervous but the doctor assured me it was a low dose and that I would be fine so I agreed to try it. It did relieve my pain for about an hour. It made me feel strange but the worst started later that night. I got extremely vivid, frightening dreams of my family being assaulted, my house burning down, and several other of my worst fears. For about 48 hours after taking this med I felt very nauseous, and deathly exhausted as if I had been drugged. The next day I napped on and off all day, I could not stay awake, and every time I fell back asleep the horrifying dreams came again, and then again the next night although to a somewhat lesser extent. By the third night after, the distressing nightmares were gone for the most part and the sick feeling subsided, I assume the drug had cleared out of my system by then. It was not worth it for me and I highly doubt that I would take Ketamine again.”

Archie · August 6, 2020

“I was given Ketamine as a general anaesthetic for a surgical procedure but the recovery from the Ketamine was truly horrendous. I had abdominal hallucinations that I was about the die and called aloud to God to save me from imminent death. So bad a terrifying was the experience that I had a Medi-bracelet made with Ketamine clearly listed as "never to be given".”

Nordic female · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 13, 2021

“I was administered ketamine before surgery in 2020 to repair a broken arm and install a metal plate. It was a horrendous experience that left me with lasting terrifying images and strong suicidal thoughts that have endured for more than one year. I am alarmed by medical people who are advocating use of this drug.”

Scott420 · October 27, 2010

“Spinal cord injury-Paraplegic: May help manage neuropathic pain. A great medicine when used properly.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · July 4, 2022

“Was giving Ketalar for a procedure on my tongue. Had a horrible time while under. Experienced lost of control feeling, felt I was going to die. One of the worse feeling have ever had.”

Learn more about Anesthesia