User Reviews for Myorisan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Myorisan.

Acne
8.5

Summary of Myorisan reviews 8.5 2 reviews

Reviews for Myorisan

For Acne "I always had bumpy, oily, acne-prone skin. I tried everything. I would go to sephora, blue mercury, cvs, you name it, and buy every acne-clearing product they had. Finally, I decided to go to my dermatologist. I tried a clindamycin medication and a Retin A about two months before going on accutane. I had huge cystic acne that was so painful and puffy and red. The clindamycin and Retin A did help, but I still had some pimples, clogged pores and break outs. I was so exhausted with acne that I decided to bite the bullet and go on accutane. I cannot rave enough about the treatment. If you are someone whose acne destroys yourself confidence I recommend accutane. My acne was cleared in 5 days!!!"

Acne -Freeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had my first zit before I even entered my teens. My dad has "problem" skin and blessed me with the same. It was not unusual to see me constantly wiping the excess oil from my face and sporting a huge zit or two. As a young adult, I've tried a ton of those over-the-counter products like Noxema, Clearasil, Proactiv, Neutrogena, etc. But I found that as I got older my acne just got worse. So, I began seeing a dermatologist and we tried several things: doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline, epiduo, differin, tretinoin, clindamycin and birth control pills (for the benefit of clearer skin). And I must admit that some of these regimen helped but the minute the doctor felt that it cleared up enough and stopped the medication, my skin would worsen. So, with my oily skin and now experiencing breakouts more frequently and especially around my mouth and jaw area, I had had enough and decided to try Accutane. Medication: I was prescribed MYORISAN 40mg for 6 months. Experience: In the first month, the breakout could be described as the worse I have ever had. I had developed larger, more painful and a lot more acne than at any time that I could remember. I was so discouraged but had to keep believing in my dermatologist's promise of clear skin. After the first month, the breakout lessened and my skin began to dry out. Now I was required to moisturize my skin which was something that I would have not have dared to do prior to treatment. My lips began to chap and crack but that was easily remedied with chapstick or any other type of lip gloss. My skin was a lot more sensitive than before. I used to be able to wash my face with warm water and a wash cloth, but now the skin was so thin/dry that it would actually damage the skin and develop a scab the next day. I had to wear sunblock and a hat when I exercised in the park. If I didn't wear enough, I would suffer a mild sun burn. I didn't suffer any nose bleeds or depression. As the months went on I became acne free. And I was even told by someone that I had beautiful skin. Can you imagine my surprise?! I was in heaven. My dermatologist recommended that I apply Epiduo and tretinoin to my skin every two days after I took my last Accutane pill. This surprised me because I thought my days of acne medication were over. After I took my last pill, my skin remained clear and dry of excessive oil for a couple of months but gradually I began to develop a few small zits and my skin was becoming oily again. This was not the promise that my dermatologist gave me. He said I'd be acne free and at the very most I would be a small bump around the time of my menstruation. I can without a doubt tell you that is not my reality. It has now been almost 6 months since I completed my Accutane treatment and I am once again carrying around napkins to wipe the excessive oil from my face throughout the day. And there are days when I have several zits on my face at any given time. I don't dare moisturize my already oily skin. But honestly speaking, my breakouts are not to the degree of what they used to be prior to Accutane because the pimples are smaller. But I'm unsure that if it's too early to tell and that maybe with more time it may all go back to how it was originally. I guess time will tell."

dingdong1981 March 5, 2017