User Reviews for Claravis

Learn more about Claravis.

Acne 90 reviews 525 medications

8.3
Summary of Claravis reviews 90 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Claravis

For Acne "I was not this drug for a little over 6 months and boy did it work wonders. I had always had bad acne and nothing had seemed to work before. Topical creams, birth control, other prescription pills. I had severely dry lips and skin, it sucked but it was tolerable. The worse side effect I had from this drug were mood changes. My doctor decided to try to increase my dose and boy that was a mistake. I became depressed, suffered mood swings and had some horrible almost suicidal thoughts. If you have any mental illness I would not recommend this drug. I had to undergo monthly blood and pregnancy tests as well. I am very happy with the results but those were the worst 6 months of my life."

Ljc967 November 19, 2016

For Acne "It took me awhile to see real results while on Claravis, I even stopped taking it for about 2 weeks at one point because the side effects were too much to handle. The dry/peeling skin resulted in a lot of scarring, and it was extremely difficult to get used to. However, by the 3rd month I had developed a good moisturizing routine that really helped to keep my skin looking healthy. It took a lot longer than I had originally expected, and it took a lot of patience, but I am a week into my 4th month on Claravis and have been acne free for a few weeks now. My dermatologist is saying I may not even need to go the full 6 months because of my great progress. So if you are considering this mediciation for your acne, just be very patient."

Sean O. August 20, 2016

For Acne "I've suffered from Acne my whole life. Breakouts and black marks. I've tried everything over the counter, I've even tried Proactiv. Absolutely nothing worked for me. My derm described me Claravis. I've been on Claravis for 2 1/2 months and my skin has never looked this good. I Love the outcome so far. It feels good to look in the mirror at pretty, clear skin.. But my lips are terribly dry and my body aches. But that's the side affects of the meds. At least it's not a lifetime thing like my Acne would've been.. I Love my derm for getting me right."

Snooky81 July 14, 2016

For Acne "I've had bad acne since I was in middle school. I didn't do anything about it until around the summer of 10th grade because I started to get cystic acne on a regular basis. My dermatologist put me on Doxycycline. At the time I was not always regular with taking pills and when my acne did get better and start to go away I thought I was fine. The acne just kept coming back and I took antibiotics and creams like retinol and Epiduo and all sorts of benzoyl peroxide washes but nothing worked. So my dermatologist finally convinced me to get on Accutane. As of right now I'm 5 months in and my skin has never been better it's amazing. My side effects were dry eyes (I have contacts) dry face, dry lips and nose bleeds. I honestly wish I did it sooner!"

Shanedog (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

For Acne "When I turned 30 my acne became much more cystic and spread to my neck, chest, and back. My bacne was so bad it hurt to take a shower. Within 3 weeks of starting Claravis (30mg daily), I started to experience dry skin and lips. Over the months, I developed rashes on my hands and arms due to dry skin. I had several nose bleeds and dry eyes, but was able to remedy all the dryness with lip balm, saline solution, and various lotions/moisturizers. I also became thirsty all the time, but this began to subside going into my 4th month. The dryness was a very small price to pay for the AMAZING results. My face, neck, chest, and back are almost 100% CLEAR!!! I didn't have any other side effects and my ONLY regret is not taking this medication sooner!"

Megamocha22 May 23, 2016

For Acne "I started Claravis 4 months ago and it was a terrible start, I experienced a very rough purge process and my acne continued for a while. Around the 3 1/2 month period my acne magically stopped though. Haven't broken out in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately my face is covered in red marks left over from the acne but my dermatologist is prescribing a retanoid my next month (my last) to treat those quickly. Very good treatment but takes a while. 3 1/2 months in my case."

Thomas16 May 9, 2016

For Acne "I have currently been on this medication for the last two weeks. The first week I was on 30mg once a week but I requested to be changed to every other day.These two weeks I have seen alot of the side effects that I was told about. Dry skin and lips has been the worst thing so far but nothing lotion and lip balm can't fix. The only thing I can really complain about is if you are diagnosed with IBS this medication may increase your problems with IBS. It was the worst for the first week but switching to every other day has really helped and not as many side effects. I do not see any major changes so far but at the same time I have not experienced any major outbreaks so thats a start!"

Sarah5674326785 March 21, 2016

For Acne "I'm 23 and I never had acne in high school until I stopped taking my birth control due to health conditions. I started back on it and acne came on with a vengeance. No matter what I did if I was on or off BC the acne never stopped flaring up. Some days were good and my face & back clear but I was tired of battling not looking in the mirror and being happy. I tried minocycline. I'm not going to say it didn't work because it HELPED. Acne still horrible. First month, some dryness, second month more dry, nosebleeds and cystic acne popped up. I'm finishing my 3rd month and more of my friends say my face is looking AMAZING. Can't wait to finish treatment. Patience is key for this medication for sure!!"

Kate from NY February 25, 2016

For Acne "I struggled with really bad acne on my face and back during high school. I was put on Claravis during my 11th grade year. I experienced extremely dry cracked lips and very dry hands. And getting pregnancy tests all the time was really annoying. But it did clear up my acne really well.....but unfortunately that only last about 2 years. Slowly but surely my acne slowly started to come back again. I just experienced one of the biggest acne breakouts I've had in a really long time. Not quite as bad as before - but it's getting really bad again. I realized that taking strong medicines that may claim to clear up acne but do no good for your body are not worth it. Acne can be treated with natural skin care methods and change in diet."

Hayml February 16, 2016

For Acne "I was on acutane (claravis) the first 2 months my acne actually got worse but after that my face started clearing up. The reason I'm not giving this a full 10 is because I had more negative effects than I did good. Granted, my acne did go away but only for it to come back 2 months after I was done. I didn't experience a dry face which is a very common side effect but I did get horribly dry lips. My hair would fall out in CLUMPS through out the day. I gained 20 pounds while on this medication made my heart get irregular palpitations and I also experienced shortness of breath. My cholesterol levels were also all wacked out.Horrible joint pain! All of this for my acne to end up coming back.Think twice before putting your body though This"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

For Acne "I am extremely satisfied with this medication. I took it for 5 months, and at my peak I was prescribed 40mg twice a day. It took about 3.5 months to start noticing results. I have now been off it for 3 weeks and wow! My skin is 100% clear. I've had acne since I was a teen and after failing other options such as antibiotics, I was placed on Claravis. You will have chapped lips. I had to apply aquaphor (really good chapstick) every 15 minutes. Other side effects I had were nosebleeds, dry skin, eczema, rashes on my hands and arms, very sore muscles, sore chest, and any scrapes I got took absolutely forever to heal. I felt sluggish, sort of like I had the flu for 5 months. However, having clear skin was definitely worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Acne "Thus far - roughly 60 days - it's 50/50. Initially, everything cleared up and poof - that WTH moment - My darn face said "man you thought we were leaving that easily." Seriously though, I'm hoping that it clears up sooner than later. Right now not feeling very good about it."

Oshea97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2015

For Acne "I have been battling acne since I was 17. Oily skin, cysts on a monthly basis, black heads, etc. I never had "pizza face" but my acne has been very persistent for years. I am now 27, and after trying tons of topical creams and oral antibiotic I asked for accutane. In 2 weeks I will be at my 3 month mark. Wow what a difference. My skin is softer, blackheads are almost all gone, and for the most part my skin is clear, and haven't had a cyst in a few weeks. I am still getting very mild breakouts, but nothing compared to before. I am so excited to see the final result end of this year. So far side effects are mild chap lips, joint aches, and dry nose with bloody bugers. My skin is not that dry, but I was also very oily before."

HGrace August 24, 2015

For Acne "Had horrible cystic chin acne for 14 years and finally decided to take Accutane in my late twenties when everything else on the market failed. Completed 5 months of treatment about 1 month ago and my skin is like it belongs to someone else. Not only do I not have breakouts, but my pores are smaller and there is no swelling. I did have some joint pain and chapped lips, but very small price to pAy for such dramatic results. I wish I took it earlier in life."

mkg1677 August 4, 2015

For Acne "One of the best things for my acne! Cleared it up entirely"

SpAro (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2015

For Acne "In Junior High all of a sudden my face just erupted in acne. You could tell people were staring. I hated looking in the mirror. It's remarkable how fast all the acne disappeared. This medication was a real life saver. My dad didn't have access to this medicine and from 12-25 he was absolutely covered in acne. So grateful I have this stuff Side effects to note: VERY dry lips Dry skin Back pain"

Nate775 February 16, 2015

For Acne "LOVE this medication. It worked wonders in my back.. I suffered from really bad acne in my back ever since 7th grade, senior year of high school the acne started to spread down my arms and chest acne was becoming a problem too. My self esteem went down because of how embarrassed I was and resided to only wearing clothing that covered my back, upper arms, and chest which gets difficult after a while. After my first visit to the dermatologist she decided to put me on Claravis and I was 100% okay with it despite all the side effects. The side effects are not that bad except for dry lips but Aquaphor has REALLY helped. I'm still in treatment right now and get the occasional 1-2 small pimples on my back, but NOTHING compared to how my back was."

Avii4566 September 23, 2014

For Acne "I have struggled with acne for so long I started getting it in the 6th grade I got cystic acne in 8th grade and it was horrible because I went to a kindergarten through 8th grade school every day a little kid would say something about it like "Oh my God what happened to your face" "Ew what's on your face" I was so embarrassed and I had tried almost every acne medication out there. I never wanted to try Accutane because I was scared of all the side effects but it was worth it. I'm a sophomore in high school now and my skin is completely clear and the only side effect I noticed were that my lips got badly dried out but it wasn't a huge problem."

El Dawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2014

For Acne "I had struggled with severe acne since middle school. It started in 6th grade and I honestly didn't know what to do. Sure other kids were getting pimples, it was the onset of puberty. But my acne was different. My face was soaked in oils, covered in patches of acne and red as hell. It really blew, and it continued that way until 8th grade. I had tried tons of "solutions" such as acne free, proactiv, Epiduo, and countless others. But there's a point where those medicines won't work for such a severe case of acne like mine, and many others. So in 8th grade my dad and I finally decided we should go see the dermatologist. He put me on Claravis for two months. I've been clear ever since. Now I'm a senior and I feel better than ever. Great experience."

Nk97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

For Acne "I'll admit, at first I was extremely skeptical. I had heard about all of the nasty side effects that occur with this medicine. 5 months ago, I had cystic acne SO bad that each side of my face on my cheeks looked like I had a big, inflamed, rash on them. I was embarrassed to leave the house and I had to cake on the makeup, and even then you could tell I had a big problem. Within the first three months or so, I had been on it and while it got better, I was sure it would never get really better because I kept breaking out. Well, I am officially on my 5th and last month and I haven't had a new pimple in over a week, I am 100% clear. This stuff WORKS. Don't let people scare you, the side effects are really not that bad. Life changing stuff."

Chittychal May 13, 2014

For Acne "What can I say..it works. I've suffered with acne for 25 years. I was afraid to use it at first, but I'm glad I jumped in."

Pin79 May 8, 2014

For Acne "My 17 year old son has had severe acne on his face, chest, back and very oily hair for several years. He started taking Claravis two weeks ago and the results are amazing already. The acne on all areas is clearing and his hair looks great. We are noticing changes in his self confidence already; wanting to fix his hair, will shave face (wouldn't shave to hide acne), and smiling more. The only negative is pain in his elbows. So far, we love this medicine. One last thing, I took Accutane 25 years ago for acne and haven't had a problem with it since."

Mom of teenager January 4, 2014

For Acne "Just want to say that Claravis worked (40mg/2x/day). The dry lips were horrid and the first few months I hid out, but the end was totally worth it. To prevent other side effects, my doctor told me to drink 60 FL oz of electrolyte drink (i.e. Gatorade, Powerade, Smart Water). Good luck!"

ralp32210 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2013

For Acne "Before starting Accutane, I read through reviews online and I got to say... most of them scared the poo out of me. Intense side effects & bad reviews. But let me tell you, I have been on 40mg for 2 months once a day, then 40mg twice a day for another 2 months & it is a miracle. My face has cleared up so much; I am so grateful for this medicine. Yes, there are side effect my lips have never been this chapped in my life, my skin is very dry and I've had minimum 12 nose bleeds (pre Accutane - never had one before in my life). I do have a month or maybe two-three left on it my nurse said, but I believe it is all worth it. I have never experienced any horrible body aches or any of the other horror stories. Stick with it till the end!!"

Secnarf November 20, 2013

For Acne "I was this drug for 6 months, the process was horrible. I had dry skin, muscle aches, and the worst thing, no visible improvement. The very last month I noticed my skin was a little more clear than usual, but still not acne free. Then in the last week of my medication I cleared up and after I stopped the medication I was pimple free. It has been a year now and I hardly EVER have a pimple! I went from severe acne to nothing! Stick with it till the end! Your self confidence will thank you in the future."

ACNEFREE:) October 31, 2013