User Reviews for Claravis

Acne 8.2
Summary of Claravis reviews 8.2 113 reviews

Reviews for Claravis

Vb February 2, 2020

For Acne: “After 3 years of trying every possible acne product and visiting multiple dermatologists with no results, I hesitantly allowed my 15 year old daughter to go on Claravis. She is heading into month 3 and her skin is definitely improving. The cystic acne has almost disappeared and some scarring is beginning to subside. She still has minor non-cystic type acne outbreaks, but nothing like she was experiencing. As for side effects, there have been some, but nothing too bad. The worst has been the sides of her mouth getting cracks from dry lips and then getting mildly infected. She uses Aquaphor constantly which helps. She has experienced some back aches, but she plays sports so that probably doesn't help. I constantly tell her that if things get too bad she should end the meds, but she loves the results after years of being made fun of at school :( or feeling self conscious about her acne, so she says she's not giving up. Eager to see how much better her skin gets in the next few months.”

Anonymous January 16, 2020

For Acne: “I’m on my third month of clavaris and I’m still purging it’s kind of annoying getting red blotches that look like sores on my face. I don’t want to leave the house. I don’t know how to rate this because my skin is still a mess. I’m going to try and finish treatment and praying for clear skin.”

Parent of a son · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2020

For Acne: “I was very concerned about starting this medicine for my son, as I had read horrible stories about this medicine. My son who is 15, had severe acne. After trying everything, and all the medicines and creams for a year, we broke down and started Claravis.( Dec 2019) The first month was amazing, the active acne has gone. I can't believe how much change has happened in the first month. Like I said, his acne was severe, large, hard pimples which would make his face sore. He has a lot of red marks left from the acne. He started on 40mg a day for 30 days. He is now on 40mg in the morning and 20mg at night. We are now in week 6, his face is starting to really look great. Some of the dark red marks are more pink than red. I have read some don't see results until month 4, but this seems to be working for him. He uses moisturizer on his face and Aquaphor on his lips, so far no side effects. He is also into every sport with no problems. Keeping my fingers crossed as we continue this journey.”

Melees · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

For Acne: “I have been on this medication almost two months no improvements so far. I'm actually breaking out more and my acne is getting worse. I used to have acne only on my forehead area now I'm getting it around my cheeks. I don't know what to do other then wait and hope for the best. The reason why I gave it 1 is cause the medication has not been effective for me. I will definitely change my rate once i see improvements.”

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

For Acne: “I’m on my second month on Calvaris 20mg once a day. Not sure how many months my doctor will keep me on it. It’s purged my skin and now my skin has red blotchy marks all over, its bad it like doesn’t heal. Praying I don’t scar. I don’t know what the end outcome will be I’m nervous to know. I’m praying it cures my acne and gets rid of scarring. Only rating this a 5 bc I’m in my second month and it’s still bad. Crossing my fingers I can give this med a 10 in the upcoming months.”

Dh62 August 19, 2019

For Acne: “I started having acne at age 56. I went through the antibiotic program,. Minocycline, then cephflexin then augmentin which helped but no cure I was put on clavaris 40mg once a day. I did this for 17 days and quit. My ears ring constantly now. I pray everyday the ringing will go away. Be very careful with this stuff. It has helped my acne but I really don't think a patient gets enough education before taking it. It states no supplemental vitamins. Keep me in your prayers and I will say a prayer for those suffering from acne. Use hydrogen peroxide and hibi cleanse.”

Prone to Worry July 7, 2019

For Acne: “My 16 year old son will take his last dose of Claravis today. It has been a game changer. He started on Bactrim at age 13 but it made him too sick to continue (nausea). We tried Minocycline for a couple of years but the results were minimal and then it just stopped working. In October of 2018, his dermatologist was worried about the increased scarring he was seeing and suggested Claravis. I was very reluctant due to internet horror stories about the history of Accutane. My son was desperate so I agreed to let him try. Luckily he had very few side affects (dry skin, chapped lips, occasional nose bleeds and some fatigue as expected). Today his skin looks amazing. He has some residual scarring but hopefully that will fade with time. As a worrier, I have to say I am so grateful that we tried this. The cost was RIDICULOUS and the blood draws were stressful but the results have been amazing. It takes time but don't give up.”

Jerry · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

For Acne: “I started using Claravis 5 months ago and I am disappointed with the results. My acne looks completely the same, I break out everywhere on my body with painful cysts which I was told would only last during the “purging period”. I started with 20mg two times a day for month 1, then 30mg two times a day for months 2 and 3, then 40mg 2 times a day for month 4. That is when I was expecting to be completely clear since mostly everyone is by that time but wrong. Now I’m taking three 30mg pills everyday starting month 5. It has been painful seeing everyone else with great results in shorts amount of time and I’ve completely lost hope just really taking it for the heck of it at this point. I would not recommend this if you want to be sitting around wasting time.”

Anonymous January 12, 2019

For Acne: “My son is 16, he has experienced severe acne for several years. We tried antibiotics, unsuccessfully. One month using this medication, he stated, "This is life changing!"”

VA_girl92 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 2, 2018

For Acne: “I completed two courses of accutane. My acne was never horrible but it was resistant to every other treatment I tried. My first course I took when I was a junior in high school, and I had amazing results. Clear, beautiful skin. When some acne started returning as a junior in college I took a second course, I think 40 mg/day for 5 months. Near the end of that second course I became really lethargic, paranoid, anxious, and had brain fog and stomach issues. My skin started flushing a lot and still does. My high libido became non-existent. I finally tried an antidepressant (celexa) for ~6 months in 2016 which helped. As time goes on I'm slowly feeling better, but my libido is still gone. Doctors say I'm healthy. I just want to say be careful if you choose to take this drug. My first course was amazing and I decided I would be fine doing another one. I regret that decision.”

lll3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2018

For Acne: “Isotretinoin (Claravis) CHANGED MY LIFE. My only regret is not going on it sooner (I started at age 22). If you are on the fence, do it. The only side effects I had were dry lips, some back/tailbone pain and some depression (though I think this was more so from the birth control). I wasted so much of my life hiding away because of my mild to moderate acne. Be patient, and this will work. It's better than being on antibiotics for long periods of time. I was on it for 4 months, and my skin keeps getting better after. It did not clear up my hyperpigmentation, but I know that will fade and I can cover it up. Monthly blood work is so worth it to be able to wake up in the morning and not worry about pimples. Use Carmex lip balm ( for me way better than Aquaphor). And go out and live your life!!! If my acne comes back (praying it doesn't), I would be happy to take this again.”

July50me · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2018

For Acne: “Right before my 49th birthday I finally gave in and decided to start taking this drug. I started breaking out when I turned 40 and I couldn't find a drug or diet to relieve the symptoms over the next 9 years. I was resistant to taking this drug due to the reported side effects. I started taking the medication in June of 2017 and I ended in December of 2017. The before and after pictues (June/December) tell the whole story. I only pray it does not come back.”

lehmanbt · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2018

For Acne: “45yo male on Claravis for 6 weeks so far. Face is completely cleared up from severe cystic acne suffered the last 5 years. Took minocycline for 3 years then started having severe side effects. Claravis has been a life saver! Side effects for me so far have been dried cracked lips and dry skin from the neck up.”

Britt1209 September 21, 2017

For Acne: “I've been taking claravis for 3 months and have had significant improvement in my adult cystic acne. I was VERY worried about side effects. I definitely have dry, chapped lips and my cholesterol has gone up. My skin/hair isn't dry, but, I normally have very greasy skin/hair. My olive skin wasn't that sun sensitive, I still took precautions at the beach (sunblock, hats, umbrellas). Per my DR: Supplements (including protein powder) & OTC drugs that are processed by your liver/kidneys are to be avoided. My DR told me to check with them before taking other medication. Side effects are real but very manageable. This drug really works! Stay hydrated, moisturize, and carry aquaphor for chapped lips!”

Rebezim · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2017

For Acne: “Best experience ever. Is this how the normal population lives? For the first time in my life my skin isn't greasy and my hair isn't oily. I would have to wash my hair everyday and it was always frizzy. I wash my hair once a week now and I don't even bother wearing makeup. I will be so sad to return to my old greasy self. I take 30mg 2x a day. I was religious about everything for the first 2 months until I went a little crazy. It was summer and I was miserable with the sun rash and being itchy. After that I would cut back to 1 a day when it got too itchy and too dry. I would love to take 2 pills a week forever!”

Monfie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2017

For Acne: “I have been on Claravis 20mg for 5 months. The flare up been so bad, my severe acne has never been so bad. For 5 months, I cry every time I look at my face in a mirror. I am depressed. I don't know if I should stop the treatment.”

eridiium · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2017

For Acne: “I'm a 20 year old with severe acne on my face. I took 40 mg for the first two months and am currently on 60 mg. I am on my third month and am starting to see great results. Some of the side effects that I've had are very dry skin near my mouth and nose, chapped lips (especially on the corners), and sore shoulders. (All of which I've found relief for, thankfully. Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion for my skin, Vaseline for my lips, and the occasional Advil for when I am sore). I still have a few cysts on my jaw and lower cheek but they are slowly disappearing. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring from years of severe acne but I am hopeful. This medication is very expensive but I really feel like it has been worth it.”

SomeoneElseFl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2017

For Acne: “Before I say anything about this medication I want to state it is a very expensive process. I knew this is where I would end up but my dermatologist literally had to try every other option first, none but one worked yet the side effects were so bad I had to stop. I am the person who always get the side effects that people rarely get, that is another reason I am writing this review. I have the dry lips like everyone else, I'm using all the stuff my dermatologist told me to use but they still crack a lot & bleed.. not the worst since my skin is clearing up. Worse part is I get migraines & this seems to make them worse with visuals. I hate to read all the reviews on here saying acne comes back, I will be sure to come back & review how I end up”

lucas2127 June 22, 2017

For Acne: “(2017) completely cleared my skin. I've had acne since I was 15 and I'm now 26. I did 6 month course. Side effects- dry lips, dry skin and hair. I took 40mg daily. It certainly did wonders and I am very satisfied!”

Massholewithclass May 9, 2017

For Acne: “I've suffered from moderate to severe acne since I was 12 and am now 23 almost 24. I tried everything under the sun and some things temporarily helped but most did not. After about 4 years on no specific treatment, I had enough and my dermatologist recommended this medication. I've only been on it for a week but WOW! The results have already begun, I'm getting compliments on how my skin looks clearer and smoother already. The only side effects so far would be dry skin and lips but I carry Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer and DR.Dan's cortibalm. Both have been amazing and I don't even notice the dryness honestly. Highly recommend trying this medication. Fingers crossed things only get better from here.”

Jillianzink123 March 30, 2017

For Acne: “I have had mild acne my entire life. I'm 33 years old and after trying everything finally tried Claravis. The first few months the acne was worse. The following 3 months I would have my normal breakouts. Finally after 6 or 7 months I just stopped breaking out and haven't had one pimple since. I'm on my last week of the meds and am sooo happy! The dry lips sucked I kept chapstick on every room of the house at work and in the car but still so worth it to not have to feel the need to load makeup on my face before I leave the house! My advice to everybody is to give it at least six or seven months before you get discouraged and stop taking it!”

Rich_2 March 24, 2017

For Acne: “Mild to moderate persistent acne. Male, 20s. Get prescribed this drug. Almost completely cleared up. Dry skin is my only side effect. First month takes some getting used to with bringing lotion/chapstick with you places. First 3 weeks is kind of fun watching everything get pushed out of your skin. I was hesitant after horror stories but you'd be wrong not to try it.”

Almost 3 months into the pills · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2017

For Acne: “Started off 20 mg for the first two months not on 40 mg, still having break outs but acne has been less cystic. Side effects so far are dry lips, hair loss, dry scabby skin on top of hands, and some mild mood swings. I still work out 5 days a week and have not lost my energy. I rated the medication at an 8 cause it is working but not fully, I am just being patient but I can see results occurring. I used pure coconut oil on my face and I love it. I usually reapply twice a day because my skin soaks it up for being drier than usual and aquaphor for lips/hands.”

Lilyanny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 7, 2017

For Acne: “I ran out of room with writing my other review but I use cetephil daily face cleanser and daily advance lotion. I use aquaphor for my lips. I keep it at all times. With my side effects I also have severe muscle aches!!!!! I hope this helps anyone who is considering to use accutane. I recommend it but keep a close eye on your Side effects. I'm happy with how it's working as of now just my complexion isn't good. I also HIGHLY recommend to not pull off dry skin! As it will lead to a red mark and become dryer and will become a scar. And do not pick at any zits. I'm a big picker, I'm constantly feeling on my face and pick if I feel anything. It leads to scarring. Be patient with it. You'll look great afterwards.”

Ljc967 November 19, 2016

For Acne: “I was not this drug for a little over 6 months and boy did it work wonders. I had always had bad acne and nothing had seemed to work before. Topical creams, birth control, other prescription pills. I had severely dry lips and skin, it sucked but it was tolerable. The worse side effect I had from this drug were mood changes. My doctor decided to try to increase my dose and boy that was a mistake. I became depressed, suffered mood swings and had some horrible almost suicidal thoughts. If you have any mental illness I would not recommend this drug. I had to undergo monthly blood and pregnancy tests as well. I am very happy with the results but those were the worst 6 months of my life.”