User Reviews for Imdur

Imdur has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings on Drugs.com. 53% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 35% reported a negative effect.

Angina
Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis
4.2
Heart Failure
9.5
Summary of Imdur reviews 6.2 16 reviews

Reviews for Imdur

nattlee June 14, 2010

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “I was put on this medication along with a very low dose ACE inhibitor that controls my blood pressure. The Imdur ER is being used to alleviate my chest pain and it has done so completely. I have not have one single flair up at all since starting it! The only down fall is the headache that I have had. I am going to call my cardiologist today to see if I can take anything for that. I still give it a 10 even with the headache because the chest pain was worse than the headache!”

Granny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2019

For Heart Failure: “Dr started me on Imdur for angina/heart failure-after about 1 week, shortness of breath gone and I have no chest pain. I couldn't even turn over in bed without getting short of breath no side effects all-still taking after 6mths & feel great.”

Jackson · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

For Angina: “I was taking 30mg and the doc increased the Imdur to 60 mg now I have a headache, can’t sleep feel like everything is moving or spinning , and pain in my neck and my low back feels disconnected when in bed and all I want to do is vomit, it has been 2 days since the increase”

Sonny Beach November 3, 2015

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “I had chest pain and palpitations. Was prescribed Imdur and took 1 tablet. That was the worst 3 days of my life. I prefer the angina to the "cure." Caused nausea, vomiting, intense pain (felt like my body was made of broken glass), every sound went right thru me, and every noise was excruciating. Never again.”

karlab65 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2021

For Heart Failure: “I’ve been taking Imdur for several years for angina, blood pressure and other conditions and I have never felt better. I can breathe again, no chest pains, and I can do things with my family again. After being on blood thinners over 20 years, this has been a godsend!”

Sally66 February 1, 2016

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “In bed 24 hours severe pain head to toe blurred vision vomiting light sensitive extreme this all happened on the day that I took imdur - I'm taking 30 milligrams the next day I was in bed till about 2 I felt 75% better did not take imdur called the doctor and told them what was going on would not recommend this medication to my worst enemy”

Lin · Taken for 10 years or more October 6, 2019

For Angina: “Dr increased me from 30 to 60 two days ago. Been on 30 for 17 years. Was no longer helping angina or high blood pressure. It seems to be helping pressure but having some chest pain. Also have severe COPD.”

arealjem · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2021

For Angina: “My husband was prescribed Imdur for chest pain. He suffered involuntary head and arm jerking, nausea, muscle weakness, severe itching, dry mouth, severe edema and as he put it, a feeling he couldn't explain but it felt like something was just tearing him apart inside. This drug should be destroyed.”

NCDavid February 19, 2017

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “Took half dose, 15 mg, and spent two days feeling terrible. It caused chest and back pain, shortness of breath, confusion, dizziness, anxiety, and a general really sick feeling. It did relieve angina but it was not worth the side effects. Really bad medicine.”

monkeyponycalleigh · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2016

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “my mother was prescribed imdur this after heart attack stent placement. She had horrible body aches and felt like her body was crushed, worst pain of her life she said. plus her feet were on fire and her body was ice cold she was shivvering and couldn't see so it affected her eyes too”

LDinPA March 10, 2017

For Angina: “Was prescribed this medication by new cardiologist while hospitalized to help with spasms associated with Prinzmetal's (variant) angina. So far I feel a difference in my condition, but will form a more solid opinion when I'm on Imdur a bit longer.”

Kelledidit · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2021

For Angina: “Went to the ER last Sunday for chest pain/angina attack, couldn't walk up the stairs without feeling like I was having a heart attack, so new cardiologist put me on Imdur 30mg. The first day I was fine, the second day about 3 to 5 hours after taking it I cane down with an ungodly migraine. I have been on it now for 6 days, and 5 of them I have had a migraine - not cool. But I have to admit that I'd rather have the headache because it has been heavenly being able to walk around with zero heart attack like pain”

Desperado101 October 3, 2009

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “I have had good usage of this medication as it has helped to reduce my high blood pressure.”

picanose September 2, 2014

For Heart Failure: “I don't have chest pains but my heart was beating irregularly. Since being on Imdur my heart beats regular now.”

Anonymous May 6, 2011

“The headache that came with this medicine was bad. Nothing I took for the headache helped. Had to stop taking Imdur.”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

For Angina: “Extremely bad side effects with 2nd dose. First dose last evening felt fine. Feel as if I have most side effects and cannot take.”

Badri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2018

“Using it for Severe Hypertension”

TESSNICK · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2021

For Heart Failure: “I was prescribed Imdur after a mild heart attack when I lived Overseas. My Cardiologist here in the states said it's the best medication to prevent another heart attack and I agree.”