User Reviews for Avapro to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 2)

Avapro Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Avapro

husker January 2, 2010

“I have been taking Avapro for at least 2 years and I'm noticing muscle weakness, tiredness, dizziness and overall feeling of laziness. It seemed so subtle that it just kind happened and I believe it is the Avapro. I also get swelling of joints, wrist knees and ankles. Also several cases of painful gout. My blood pressure is about 135/85. I'm going to go off Avapro for a week and see if all these painful symptoms go away. I only take 75mg a day. I would never recommend this medicine. I play tennis 2 times a week but the pain seems to be too much.”

judiedlv December 12, 2009

“After 1.5 years of taking 150 mg of Avapro to control my blood pressure, I realized that what started out as fatigue developed into my becoming almost non-functional shortly after taking it....feeling totally exhausted, sleepy, and poor balance issues. Didn't control pressure well either.”

Anonymous November 30, 2009

“I have been taking Avapro for 5 years and I don't like it so am looking for another drug. My GP thinks if the side effects are bearable don't change anything. I don't like the dizziness, cold feet, dry throat and tiredness it produces. It has also depleted my potassium levels and I wonder if the arrhythmias I have been having are related to prolonged use. ”

almost60 August 29, 2009

“I have been on Avapro for about 6 months. My blood pressure is better however, I am extremely tired. I have tried taking the medicine (300 mg daily) every other day. I am going to try 150 mg and see if I tolerate it better. I do not want to try another new medicine.”

Anonymous August 16, 2009

“I've quit using Avapro after three days. I am someone who has had chemo, but the side effects of Avapro were worse: Slept almost all day, no appetite, night and sometimes day sweats, nausea, difficulty urinating.”

baldeagle02 May 26, 2009

“I have been taking Avaparo 300/day for 8 years and it has consistently controlled my blood pressure within acceptable ranges with minimal side effects. Some light-headedness after taking first thing in the morning. Overall I rate it great.”

rossacgi April 16, 2009

“I started taking samples of 150mg Avapro and have been using for 4 weeks now. With medication my blood pressure runs 135/78 which is okay for 72 year old. I am now having knee and one hip pain and have noticed I am much more tired than usual. I am going to try some relaxation, slow breathing exercises and will see if I can come off the Avapro. ”

2jane March 2, 2009

“ALERT!!!! I could not be awakened from a deep sleep the second time I took this drug. I realized later, I almost went into a coma! I slept for 13.5 hours, and a friend had to wake me up,pour coffee down me and make me started walking. I did not even hear my dog trying to get me up. It took over 48 hours to recover. I threw all of the samples out!”

Anonymous July 14, 2008

“I have been taking Avapro 150 mg for 4 years now and it has been wonderful. My blood pressure has been in the normal range almost since I started taking it. I did reduce my salt intake and recently lost 15 pounds. I am making lifestyle changes. I'm now walking about 4 miles a day for 4 to 5 days of the week. Avapro helped me get on track to a healthy life style. Oh, and I just turned 60.”

Riccardo March 4, 2008

“I initially used 150mg a day with no actual results in lowering BP. Doctor recomended combination with Felodipine 5mg and Metoprolol 50mg, and combination produced results in lowering my BP 115/75 avg. Side effects are tingling in the palm of my hands and excessive tiredness. I will test to discontinue ibersartan, which produces the unwanted side effects.”

Pauline Johnson January 27, 2008

“I am taking 75 mg Avapro. Each time I take it I sweat perfusely, sometime light headed and break out into rashes on my hand, leg, back any my vagina.Overall the medication works to keep my blood pressure in check. Its 138/75. ”

EarlJollymore December 23, 2007

“I have been taking 150mg Avapro for 3 months and the Doctor is raising the dosage to 300mg. Since staring this medication I do experience more tha usual tiredness and muscel ache, especially in the neck and shoulders. It has lowered my blood pressure, sometimes too low in 80/45 range.”