User Reviews for Synvisc

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Synvisc.

Osteoarthritis
6.6

Summary of Synvisc reviews 6.6 35 reviews

Reviews for Synvisc

For Osteoarthritis "One month after synvisc I have developed horrendous back pain. Anyone else"

Jaymack1947 December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Horrible pain during injection after numbing to the point of being light headed and having to lay down. I have an extreme high pain tolerance. I have had multiple steroid injections with no pain. Pain medication injections that didn’t hurt. Have had no relief after 2. Would not recommend this drug."

Fmler November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had a knee replacement on the right knee. In the three months since I had the replacement my left knee was worse the Dr. suggested a knee replacement for the left but I couldn't as the right replacement did not go to plan and I have a bent knee for life. I came across the Synvisc and asked the Dr about it. he said that he has not heard of anyone that it has worked on, I went ahead and ordered it and had him inject the left knee it was good for about 4 weeks and then the pain came back with a vengence. It cost me over $400 it was money not worth spending. They say you should get up to 6 months mine was maybe one moth."

N Lucia November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I went through 2 rounds of 3 shots each. I had NO RELIEF from the 1st round. My doctor wanted me to try it again 6 months after the third shot of the 1st round. I don't know why to this day that I agreed to allow this. I have a high pain threshold, but damn!, these shots really really do hurt. Unfortunately I had my 3 small children with me for one of those visits (couldn't get a sitter). I don't know who it hurt more, me or my kids. They were all holding my hand trying to comfort me but in reality I was trying to comfort them. They were all crying because they could tell it was painful. After all that crying I had to take them out for ice cream after that. Too bad the Synvisc never helped!!!"

Pat Pending (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had meniscus tear surgery five years ago on right knees. I was walking two to three miles five days a week. Beginning January 2017 started having knee pain and cannot walk half a mile. My ortho surgeon suggested some knee exercise and physical therapy. Went thru six weeks of physical therapy but did not help. Got corticosteroid shot back in June 2017. Ninety percent pain free for about two months and then back to same knee pain I had before the corticosteroid shot .My ortho doctor suggested to try Synvisc gel injection treatment. Just got Synvisc gel injection 24 hours ago. This injection was little more painful compare to corticosteroid shot but able to walk to parking lot and my wife drove me back to home. I am already feeling lot better"

Jash Patel September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in my knee. I had so much pain I walked with a heavy limp. I just turned 51. I don't want to have a knee replacement so I tried steroid injections, didn't work. I was recommended synvisc injections and It gave me relief along with 1200 mg. Fresh health care pure turmeric with bioperine. Amazon sells 3 mo. supply for $20. Mix 2 caps (broke open of course) with olive oil, enough to bind it and take it that way for max obsorbtion. That stuff is amazing with the injection I can do what I want most of the time."

Tfryman (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have been reading the reviews and I'm wondering if I got the same meds as, the folks who wrote these reviews. I got the shots in both, knees, not a numbing shot before the Synvis., Before shots it was very painful to even walk, needed a cane for some stability. The night of the first shots my knees we're tender but when my feet hit the floor the next morning I could not believe it. No pain, felt great. My Dr. Said that was very unusual. Pain subsides, over time not immediately. Received the series of 3 shots 4 years, ago this month. My knees are not as good as they were when I first got the shots but they are still better than before the shots. My doctor is surprised with results .I would advise anyone to go for the synvis injections."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "For anyone considering SYNVISC, I'd like to share that I've had both knees done twice & will continue to have the injections. Some background: I'm 59 yrs old, 5'6", approx 175lbs. The first time I had SYNVISC injects. (in both knees), it took about 5 weeks to experience the full benefits, but once it "kicked in," there was ZERO pain & complete fluid mobility! For almost a year, my knees felt "brand new!" I've recently had a second set of injections (both knees) and although there has been a bit more to pain in the recovery, each day there is definite improvement. I must caution anyone who gets these injections not to panic if there is noticable pain initially after the injections. Take it easy. It gets better!"

MetacommGal June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I dose injection yesterday. Severe pain last night and today. Nausea and chills"

Happyretired June 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have had all three of these type of shots over approx 12-13 years now, first the synvic, had moderate relief for 9 months, Doctor no longer accepted my insurance. New Dr and used Hyalgan, great results, even getting 2 years at a time even playing softball. Now moved to Florida and trying the supartz once already, not real good results but trying it again, into my second shot, lets see"

Ptp346 March 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I've had multiple Synvisc, cortisone and aerations over the last 5 years. The process is easy and pretty much painless. The results were beneficial, but the pain would always return (usually in 6 month intervals) and get progressively worse in frequnecy and intensity. When the pain got so bad it was difficult to walk, then I would schedule another appointment. A little over 1year and 3 months ago, I decided to start strengthening my leg muscles with weights as apposed to cardio by walking and the elliptical. Do not do the leg extensions as I found out these only make things worse. I do leg presses and reverse leg curls with a compression brace on both knees. Most of the pain is gone (90%) at this time period and is still getting better."

Tilly100 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "This product did not work for me I still live in pain in my knees give out all the time."

Niner722 October 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had the series of injections years ago. Didn't help at all. Ended up with knee replacement. Now other knee is going and WITH insurance, injection of SynviscOne costs over $130 (co-pay) + $30 co-pay for visit. I'm not having it done unless I get a guarantee that it will work. RIP-OFF for the cost and a RIP-OFF that insurance doesn't provide better coverage."

Jakoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Initially had Synvisc-One injected into my knee, with only slight benefit (scale of 1-10, improvement to a 4 at best). Several months later had knees treated with the 3 injection Synvisc and it was a Godsend, on a 10 point scale the improvement has been as high as a 9! 3 months have passed and some minor pain has returned, but still maintaining a 7 on a 10 point scale."

Miracle Relief August 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had the triple shot 5 years ago to my left knee. My knee swelled up horribly and I could not do any of my workouts or dancing for 6 weeks. I was miserable and did not ever want to have it again. The upside is that after 6 weeks of pain it worked for 5 years. I just had the shot done to both knees and have not had any swelling and it has been 48 hours. My right knee is catching with any quick movements. Hope to have success after a few weeks. It did hurt really bad during the injection but I don't think that I received any local anesthetic this time. I think that may also contribute to the swelling when extra volume is added to the area. I also did not do any activities for 48 hours which is difficult for me."

Dogwoman July 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have this in my kneews. The only problem I have with it is its hard for me to walk for like 2 1/2 days"

Boo boo14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had the three shots back in the 90's and still walking on my leg with no more surgeries."

Gerisue (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have had knee pain and swelling since age 12, it has gradually gotten worse over the years. Especially since I was diagnosed with Lupus, SLE & DLE. In the past year I have had excruciating pain. I went to the ortho and was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis. I have since had surgery to remove some dead bone. The psin got better, then worse again so I got the shot of SYNVISC. It has really, really helped. I am just scared something will change amd I will be back on the sidelines of my own life. So much to deal with...."

Staceson March 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had my first shot in my left knee almost 3 years ago! Was amazing and still no issues to this day. My second shot was in the right knee which lasted a little over a year and just had the third in that same knee. Almost PAIN free in both. Far better than surgery!!! Highly recommend before opting for surgery!!"

Schnickelgruber January 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Before injections, had continuous pain in right knee; even during the night with little relief from aleve or motrin. Had some relief with physical therapy. After third injection, night pain was totally gone injections were two years ago. Now, only take Aspirin (arthritis back & body) when I am doing strenuous exercise or gardening. Can walk 6-8 miles a day with only slight discomfort. I have not needed more injections."

64 year old male January 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "First two injections worked very well ,third injection seemed to stiffen my knee more .I did not get the desired results."

sunbell (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I received one shot and was told I couldn't have another for 6 months. It's been 3 weeks with no relief from the pain. I am still limping significantly. Hoping it is just a matter of waiting longer for it to take effect."

Anonymous October 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Extreme pain and inflammation on the sight where injection was done. It happened in my first and now my second set of injections. The swelling last for about a week. I will not be getting my 3 rd set of synvisc injections. Too painful."

Anonymous September 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Received three injections of Synvisc in January 2015. After 1st shot I experienced a relief from severe pain I had been experiencing. After the 2nd shot the stiffness I had been experiencing began to subside. After the third shot my knees stopped hurting and it has been uphill for almost 6 months. I experience an occasional catching of the right knee, but no significant pain."

Castpolymer (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had the 3 shots in 3 weeks. No results until about 2 months later. Very pleased at that time. Six months later, ready for another round of 3 shots & the return of relief."

Northboro Nan April 29, 2015