User Reviews for Hydrocodone/ibuprofen to treat Pain

Hydrocodone/ibuprofen has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 70 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 83% of those users who reviewed Hydrocodone/ibuprofen reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Hydrocodone/ibuprofen Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1314 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

37% 26
1% 1
1% 1

Reviews for Hydrocodone/ibuprofen

John · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2020

“Have been on Vicoprofun 7.5/200mg for about 4 years now for fibromyalgia. It is the only thing I've found that helps. Its sad that you can't find Drs anymore to write these meds. The downside is I have to keep taking one every 4 hours to keep pain down and thats if I'm not doing anything physical. But I'm supposed to take 1 every 6 hours. And if I'm doing anything physical and the pain is bad I have to take 2 but it gets rid of the pain completely. Also I haven't built up a tolerance as I have other meds like Klonopin. But this med actually works better for my anxiety than actual anxiety medicine. So it is a 2 for 1. Just can't get my Dr to write me 5 a day which is what I really need.”

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2020

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “The best medication for severe pain of all sorts. Lasts for a long time so you don't have to take as frequently. Doesn't hurt your stomach, doesn't make you light headed, doesn't cause constipation. I don't understand why this isn't prescribed more frequently than the popular alternatives. If you're ever unfortunate enough to need pain relievers, give this one a try.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “The Vicoprofen is the only medication that has worked for my acute and debilitating menstrual cramps. I literally had to beg for this medication (medical marijuana, acupuncture, raspberry leaf tea, over the counter nsaids and prescription naproxen have NOT worked for me). The only negative is that I’ve spent 20 years of my life suffering in pain without this miracle drug. I finally feel like I have my life back.”

Ladybyrd · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 19, 2019

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “Vicoprofen is the most effective med I have ever taken for the severe chronic pain I suffer due to multiple conditions from surgeries, aneurysms, and bone disease. Not prescribed now by most doctors, due to excessive abuse some people. Those of us who continue to suffer, just have to deal with our crippling pain.”

sillyworm · Taken for 10 years or more June 12, 2019

“I have been using Vicoprofen for nearly 20 years because of injuries from 26 years of factory wear & tear. I have a lower herniated disc and severe shoulder pain. I average 4 to 5 of 7.5mg/200mg a day + two Zohydro ER 20mg daily. I have been able to cut back 1 to 2 pills a day with one small daily dosage of Medical Marijuana. I'm not finding that I need more over time to get the same relief...after all these years. I live a productive very physical life thanks to the medication. Most of us that find relief from this medication are sick of being persecuted and thrown in the same category as those that simply abuse this medication. Some pain management doctors are not happy that we are content and still push expensive alternate procedures on us. I will say that the one generic version of this medication is JUNK. Avoid AMNEAL brand. It is not as strong as the other generics and I have broken out in chicken pox like blisters from AMNEAL.”

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2018

“Have “weak spot” in my back and I’ll turn wrong way and pain is so bad, I’ll fall to my knees. Can’t sit can’t stand. Can’t move without rolling in pain. Dr gave me hydrocodone 7.5/325 / flexeril 10 mg/and told me to get a deep tissue massage at the chiropractors. The hydrocodone? Erased the pain for about 3-4 hrs. I had Percocet before and it made me sick to my stomach. Hydrocodone didn’t. Took it for three days. First day- took 4. Second day- 3. Last day only needed one at end of day. Didn’t make me “loopy” or wanting more. Made the pain tolerable while the muscle healed. Got a little constipated, but that was small price to pay for relief from excruciating pain.”

Excruciating pain 17 February 4, 2018

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “This medicine isn't worth a flying rats butt. Wears off with in a couple of hours and can't take more then three times a day so even at night you still get no sleep due to the pain.”

LIMEe · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 28, 2016

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “Great pain medicine for four hours after that it goes away.”

Kmorsem August 10, 2016

“After many surgeries beginning in 3003 with bilateral mastectomies, then 7 rib pain from broken surgeries on my right leg/knee I have had to use many pain medications and have now been left with one leg longer, residual shingles nerve pain, rib pain. Hydrocodone has proven to be adequate to handle the different types of discomfort left after any and all treatment is now done. I have had good results from this particular generic. Others used, Activis, Watkins, have caused irritability, severe itching of the scalp and face without rash and less control over the pain and aching. Quality of life is so important.”

LIMEe May 20, 2016

“I have a failed fusion the hard ware broke in my back a couple yrs ago but i injured my self in 2008 dead lifting. Ive been on every pain pill known to man. Here the Facts takes 35 min to kick in will give 4hrs of good relief after that its down hill. 8/10”

AllieRhea September 3, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I had a wisdom tooth extracted last year and I was prescribed Lortab 7.5 and I remember waking up in excruciating pain when it wore off and even when it didn't hurt, it would still throb. The only thing that helped the throbbing pain was ibuprofen. I had another wisdom tooth extracted yesterday and they asked me if Lortab was ok so I shared my experience and asked her for vicoprofen. Best decision I've ever made. No pain or throbbing, even after the 4-6 hour dose wears off.”

Rickyfitts August 20, 2015

“Very good for pain and as a cough suppressant. Doesn't seem to make me nauseous like codeine. The only caveat is that it will make your prostate swell so you may get a burning prostate after extended use if you already have BPH.”

tsounga · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 2, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I have used and still use Hydrocodone IBP10/200 it works for me. I take 3 to 4 pills a day for cronic pain it works good.”

Radix · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “Was prescribed following surgical tooth extraction. Worked good, let me finally get some rest, albeit after getting sick for the first dose. I get sick on the first dose of most pain meds tho, pretty sure it's common.”

SaraJay March 23, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “My dentist prescribed Vicoprofen for pain following a tooth extraction that wasn't healing well. I am 30 and pretty healthy, took it at dinner. Was up all night throwing up. Felt dizzy, confused and anxious. Horrible. Didn't help the pain any either.”

rayoman February 25, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “30+ years severe back pain from injuries and now severe arthritis in back and joints, especially hands at base of thumbs. In my time of pain, which stretches back to the early 80's, I've tried almost every thing available for pain. Vicodin gives me an incredible headache from the tylenol. Vicoprofen does not. Yes there are a few side effects, but for the relief I gain from using this medicine the side effects are worth the relief. I have suggested vicoprofen to my friends that have experienced headaches from vicodin and when they try it they are extremely pleased that I mentioned it. The headaches were no longer an issue.”

Theodis February 7, 2015

“Prescribed this drug following hernia surgery. Took awhile for it to kick in but when it did it worked great. Had to take every 6 hours to remain effective. Stopped taking as soon as pain got better to avoid building up tolerance;may need it again in a month or so. I'm having oral surgery.”

GardenWomanForever · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 14, 2014

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “Vicoprofen has helped me greatly for Fibromyalgia, there is still pain I'll have but that's not going to cure it but its helped a lot. And I seem to have pretty good energy while taking it. I don't take more than prescribed so I don't believe everyone is at risk of becoming addicted to this medication. I have never had any bad side effects with this medicine either. I only took 7.5 mg four times daily which is average. Good luck you all. Hope this post helps.”

Russ80 July 20, 2014

“I'm 33 with a torn cartilage in my knee, and tons of arthritis throughout the knee. My doctor prescribed me this because I was unable to sleep at night, and move well throughout the day, cause of the severe pain in my knee. Works good, just eat some crackers or pretzels first, before taking because of the slight upset stomach you will have.”

mauricetatro222 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2013

“I have recently begun taking hydrocodone/ibuprofen to deal with severe lower back pain. Although, I do not use it on a regular basis... It is a blessing when my lower back problem flares up. Unlike some medications that I have been prescribed in the past (Medications that I personally decided to discontinued the use of), hydrocodone/ibuprofen enables me to perform my duties on the job without any effect on my ability to remain focused and alert. In my line of work, you can't have a misstep.”

dns111 October 25, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I just had all four wisdom teeth pulled out. I was put on ibuprofen 800 mg and it did not do crap for the pain. Went back to dentist and was put on vicoprofen. I do admit it works great for the pain but only for 4 hours. 1 hour after I would take the pill, I would vomit like clock work. It also left me feeling sick all day and very very tired! After getting sick, I would fall asleep for a few hours. I dont know whats worse, being in pain with the 800 mgs of ibuprofen or being sick all day on the vicoprofen :(”

jameybb May 17, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I am usually against medicine to mask pain. I never really liked pain medicine. It was a muscle relaxer I took a few years ago that I believed led to my crooked neck and back. It sounds small, I'm sure everyone has had back pain. But I am 24 years old and wasn't living the life all my friends were, because pain factored into everything, ruining everything. I got depressed. I tried everything. I tried EVERYTHING. I am going to a chiropractor now hoping that helps. I still needed something to get me through all my days. I used to wake up in pain and just lay back down and cry. Now I can take Vicoprofen and it drastically helps more than anything. I would recommend this.”

Darlene2506 April 17, 2013

“I have diabetes with very bad nerve problems and severe back problems and I lived in pain where I wouldn't go outside for a week at a time. I've been on Fentanyl patches OxyContin and nothing seems to work. I went to the emergency room at the Hospital and they gave me the medicine and I never felt better.”

Telle80 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I am 32 yrs old and have had severe chronic daily migraines/ herniated disc with lots of head and back pain ever since I was 16 yrs old. I also have a tumor on my spinal cord that causes pain as well. I've been on every pain medicine that's out there. My doc switched me to Vicoprofen 10mg 4x day due to it not having Tylenol in it. I've been on it for 2/3 months and it's working just fine. Due to me/my body having a high tolerance level because of taking pain medicines, mostly Lortab 10's for many yrs, the only thing I worry about is building up a tolerance to this as well. I can take on an empty stomach or full. I'm just thankful for the FDA coming out with this to help save my liver. Hope this helps others!”

TheTrueBabyBlue January 12, 2013

Ibudone (hydrocodone / ibuprofen): “I just started taking this medicine. I have been taking Hydrocodone with acetaminophen for pain since 2003 but recently discovered that there exists a variation with a medicine that would address inflammation in addition for pain and wondered why, for all these years no one suggested I take that variant. I specifically asked for it because I have inflammation. I take it because I have debilitating pain in my lumbar-sacral spine, in my left parietal brain, and I have IC. I also have triple major scoliosis and major depression. ”