User Reviews for Hydralazine systemic

2.3

Heart FailureNot rated - Be the first1 review 121 medications
Summary of Hydralazine reviews 2.5 34 reviews

Reviews for Hydralazine

For High Blood Pressure: "I was informed I have high blood pressure a few years ago during a dot physical which is required for my cdl license. After being on Lisinopril then Amlodipine, with little improvement ,I was put on 25mg of Hydralazine twice daily & I've had some of the side effects mentioned by others. The worse one was not being able to breathe when taking two tablets at the same time/too close to each other, so for anyone taking this medicine for the first time, don't make that mistake. This medicine has a warning label that states not to drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine and its a valid warning. This medicine makes you very drowsy. I was on opiates for 15 years & I'm on 110mg methadone daily now (no nodding/no drowsiness) but Hydralizine puts me out for 8-10 hours.This details how strong its effects are."

wbrockstar (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was started on 3 pills of Hydrazaline 25mg. 8 hours apart for high blood pressure along with two 6.25 Carvedilol twice daily and after taking them I couldn't breath. After stopping the Hydrazaline I could breath but my blood pressure rose to dangerous heights on just the Carvedilol it is back to the doctor."

John (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Given this drug for high BP readings after taking steroids for an allergic reaction to Lisinopril. Worked great in lowering bp. Side effects have been awful. 25 mg 1 or 2 times a day. Taking Coreg and Verapamil plus a little diuretic. Extremely lightheaded, in a fog, confusion. I was clumsy, stumbling. Had vision problems. Actual blind spots. Flushing, restlessness, bad anxiety. It did it’s job but I was so freaked out with the way I was feeling. I worried bp may go too low. Horrible headaches, but to be fair, my bp was causing headaches. Cut pull in half. Symptoms improved. Tonight bp decent 142/87 so I didn’t take it. Just be aware of potential side effects. Going to keep an eye on everything as doctor still wants me to take it, but I don’t want to. I spent my nights with my heart pounding. Good luck to all. God bless."

Anttee (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I read the reviews on here before I started taking these medications. I almost never have reactions from any medications so I thought these people were just whiners or were rare situations. I was on the hydralazine for about 10 days and I felt like I was going to die every single second that I was on it. I had severe chest pains, flatulence (gas), rapid heartbeat, headaches, dizziness and I felt like something was squeezing my heart. I practically begged my doctor to hurry and take me off of this medication and he switched me to Telmisartan. I feel like my old self again. The only thing I'm noticing with the Telmisartan is that it makes me sleep like a baby when I do go to bed. I usually wake up at 7 am on weekends but now I wake up at noon. But I am overall much happier now."

Joe October 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I used hydralazine for 2 1/2 days. Experienced migraine headaches along with elevated blood pressure and pulse readings. I felt terrible. I flushed the medicine and within two days, I felt like myself again."

ynot (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure (BP) has been really erratic for the past two weeks. Blood work came back with nothing wrong. My doctor put me on clonodine patch to supplement coreg ,that I have taken for years. I had a horrible reaction to the patch. Extreme tiredness, nightmares, dizziness and ear ringing. So they took me off the patch and put me on hydrazaline 50 mg. Not helping bring my pressure down, extreme headache, ears ringing, exhausted. I am taking myself off this . It's worse than having my pressure go up. Echo cardiogram scheduled this coming Monday. I am to the point that I hope they find something wrong, so they can fix it and stop using me for a guinea pig with different bp meds!"

Fed up (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This med lowered sodium level drastically, nauseated, dizzy, headache, pain in arms, freezing cold, tired. Ended up in hospital for IVs. Threw meds away!"

roz (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 50mg of hydralazine for a couple of weeks now and I feel sure it is causing the lack of concentration, the complete tiredness, the headache that goes all the way down my neck into my shoulders and the weight gain. I can't see that it is really making that much of a difference in my blood pressure. I go to the dr tomorrow and will be coming off this, it's not worth it."

Elizabeth (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Doctor prescribed hydralazine in addition to other blood pressure meds. I have been experiencing palpitations, anxiety, joint pain, blurred vision, chills, and other "anomalies". Told my doctor about it, he had me do a stress test and wear a harness for two days. I think I'll take myself off of it, it hasn't lowered my BP that much. I think I would have better results with a stiff drink."

BBob (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Had all the 'rare' side effects severely."

Cheryl2663 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "75 yr old mom was put on this med for hypertension. After only about 2 weeks, she began having extreme tiredness (one day she stayed in bed until 2pm!), weakness (couldn't lift 4 cups of coffee in the decanter), mental fog, muscle & joint aches (upper arms and thighs), pain/weakness in hands (difficulty wringing out a washcloth), upper abdominal pain, shortness of breath & rapid heart rate. Notified Dr. Mom stopped taking it 24 hrs ago. I hope her symptoms (side effects) improve quickly. I was reading about Drug Induced Lupus and I truly believe Mom was experiencing the beginning of this. Google it!"

IreneNJ December 31, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on hydralazine after having 2 stents put in it brought my blood pressure down a little. But make me feel tired all the time and gained 20lbs in weight. My feet and legs are swelling every day. Told the nurse about it so she decided to raise my dosage. I walked out of doctors office and threw script away. 2 day after quit taking my swelling is going down and BP hasn't changed"

Chucko105 October 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Hydralazine 25 mg approximately 4 weeks ago. Friday night while taking my hair down, I noticed quite a bit of my hair was falling out. When I got it all down, I realized it was short... boy short. I am so upset. I threw the medicine away. I'll just have to find something else to make my blood pressure go down. Gee whiz. "

Sindys002 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Talk with your pharmacist after you get the medicines. Tell them the same thing you tell your MD about the symptoms you all are having. Start by taking the information to your MD. If he or she won't listen find an Integrative Medicine Specialist. Primarily YOU and each of us has to be in control of our own health. Start with a check up and if seriously over weight start by trying to loose weight. Weight loss and keeping a normal weight is primary to keep down blood pressure. Stay active, start with little steps walk, walk. Make staying active a priority. Don't give yourself any excuses to be overweight. Obesity sets us all up for diabetes, other serious heart problems and even cancer. Wgt loss has to include activity. Just do it Good luck"

hvf October 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken coreg for 15 years with no side effects. Two years ago I was prescribed lisinopril because I was having spikes of my blood pressure. Within 2 months I was having hair loss. Eight months later I asked to change to another medication. I was put on losartan. I continued having significant hair loss but my blood pressure was ok. Four months later I was put on hydralazine and still my hair loss continues! My blood pressure is not stable. It still spikes but not too high! I would love to find a medication that would lower my BP and not take my hair out! If anyone knows of one please HELP!!"

Ojosverdes (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I just started this med"

Arleneanz April 27, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure numbers runs high. I was given Hydralazine 25 mg 3 x a day then increase to 50 mg. This medication gave me the worse head ache, blurred vission, dizziness dry mouth, chest pains, very tired it drop some but not enough to continue taking this drug. I going back to the doctor to get something else. It had me in bed and sitting for most of the day totally out of it. Made me feel like I was tired. This medication is not worth taking."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I found it lowered my BP but I had swelling of face and neck and legs. Deciding if I should keep taking."

Molly cl March 9, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Massive headache, though not migraine type. Actually mimicked a horrible sinus headache. (And yes I am sure that it was not a sinus headache) Light and sound were intolerable. Increased my anxiety Made me so tense my neck was hurting I also take amlodopine besylate 10 mg with no side effects. It just doesn't lower my BP low enough. Mine tops out over 230/150 regularly, it only brings it down to 160/90. (Too bad i can't just take more) I've tried Htz- constantly needed to urinate Linosopril- body ached all over Losartan- migraine type headache Why can't they make something that doesn't hurt us? I have no symptoms of high blood pressure. It's more like a rush. I'll be damned if I'll take that makes me hurt to make it better!"

pmbourque (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I took Hydrazine 50mg on January 11, 2017. It felt like someone had given me a shot of Morphine. This med messed me up. My heart rate was 122 my chest hurt and I had difficulty breathing. I was dizzy, tired, and sleepy and immediately called my Cardiologist and reported my side effect. I was told to take 50mg of Metoprolol so it would lower my heart rate. My legs and arm muscles hurt and I will never take this medication again."

Kiki50 January 13, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was getting spikes in BP of 165/103. My doctor added 25mg of Hydralazine 3x daily to my Lisinopril 20mg and Metropolol 25mg 2x daily. BP spikes the same, Side effects of headaches, tiredness, lack of concentration. Too much Meds with no good results. Going back to him to get a better plan."

Nuke Me November 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Stop breathing. Had to be intubated for 3 days."

JenTucker November 10, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have hypertension. I have been taking a combination of Amlodipine / benazepril. While this has been somewhat effective. my doctor also prescribed 50 mg. of hydralazine twice a day. This medication has shot my pulse up to very high levels three times, most recently from 77 to 105 this morning. While it has reduced my blood pressure slightly, it is not worth the shaking, difficulty urinating, feelings of anxiety, and headache side effects. I almost checked myself into the emergency room two nights ago. I tested withholding the medication and I am sure it is the hydralazine. I checked, and many people, especially men over the age of 60, suffer side effects like this."

EddieHask June 27, 2016

For Heart Failure: "slight headaches at first it replaced lisinaprol perfectly after swollen lips."

drunkingskunk (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking for about two weeks. Yes, it does lower the blood pressure but the side effects seem to be worse than the cure. Been experiencing muscle cramps, anxiousness, feet felel as if on fire, chest pressure, pain in shoulders, back, paresthesias in legs, arms, etc. I'm not sure what else it is causing, but, perhaps the cure is worse than the disease. Why is it that every medication tends to be worse than the actually problem."

papccs (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016