User Reviews for Hydralazine

Heart FailureNot rated - Add rating1 review 122 medications
Summary of Hydralazine reviews 2.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Hydralazine

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2019

For Hypertensive Emergency: "This medication is not favorable for all. My husband’s BP became erratic since he was put on this medication. It lowers the BP drastically once it’s taken and and metabolized by the body. Once it’s out of the system, BP readings go up so high, the highest 234/117."

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "First four days up and down now levelling off. Sleepy first three day now thats lessening. Fast heart rate first two days. Now all side effects levelling. Two weeks on now great. Body needs time to adjust to any medicine. Give it a 10++. Love it great"

wayner · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "my blood pressure was running 148/90 so, dr. gave me order for hydralazine 50mg. I took it one evening and the next morning I could not remember what I did the night before or what I ate. My heart rate went from 62 normal to 75. I heard my heart beating while I was trying to go to sleep. It was a heavy thump sound. My eyes were blurry the next morning. That's it for me. Must find something else."

Jerry · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "100mg 2 times a day. Lost 10 lbs in 2 months. Sleep all the time. No energy no appetite. Dropped to 50mg two times a day. No change. Need to drop this medicine."

Big Lou · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

For Hypertensive Emergency: "Got this med in ER in an IV. Came in with BP of 190/100. This med increased my BP to 225/125. Clonidine is much better for me."

vicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "This hydralazine made me feel sleepy all day. My hair was falling out terribly, and gained weight! No Thank you I refuse to take it. Check your recalls too"

Luchi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking Hydrazaline 25mg three times daily. My Blood Pressure doesn’t go down much, and I am having major headaches daily, feels like a sinus headache and my ankles are swollen daily since started taking this medication. I haven’t had headaches for a long time, so I was wondering why all of a sudden I started having debilitating headaches. My doctors assistant always ask me if I am taking my blood pressure medication because each time I go into the doctor office my blood pressure is always high. I don’t have energy as it is and this medication zaps what energy I have and I feel stuck not being able to complete anything, I also wondered why I have a fast heartbeat all of the time. After reading about Hydrazaline and the side affects, sure makes sense that I better get off of this medication. No one tells you the bad things regarding medications unless you look them up for yourself. Pays to do self research in order to stay alive."

wbrockstar · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was informed I have high blood pressure a few years ago during a dot physical which is required for my cdl license. After being on Lisinopril then Amlodipine, with little improvement ,I was put on 25mg of Hydralazine twice daily & I've had some of the side effects mentioned by others. The worse one was not being able to breathe when taking two tablets at the same time/too close to each other, so for anyone taking this medicine for the first time, don't make that mistake. This medicine has a warning label that states not to drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine and its a valid warning. This medicine makes you very drowsy. I was on opiates for 15 years & I'm on 110mg methadone daily now (no nodding/no drowsiness) but Hydralizine puts me out for 8-10 hours.This details how strong its effects are."

John · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was started on 3 pills of Hydrazaline 25mg. 8 hours apart for high blood pressure along with two 6.25 Carvedilol twice daily and after taking them I couldn't breath. After stopping the Hydrazaline I could breath but my blood pressure rose to dangerous heights on just the Carvedilol it is back to the doctor."

Anttee · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Given this drug for high BP readings after taking steroids for an allergic reaction to Lisinopril. Worked great in lowering bp. Side effects have been awful. 25 mg 1 or 2 times a day. Taking Coreg and Verapamil plus a little diuretic. Extremely lightheaded, in a fog, confusion. I was clumsy, stumbling. Had vision problems. Actual blind spots. Flushing, restlessness, bad anxiety. It did it’s job but I was so freaked out with the way I was feeling. I worried bp may go too low. Horrible headaches, but to be fair, my bp was causing headaches. Cut pull in half. Symptoms improved. Tonight bp decent 142/87 so I didn’t take it. Just be aware of potential side effects. Going to keep an eye on everything as doctor still wants me to take it, but I don’t want to. I spent my nights with my heart pounding. Good luck to all. God bless."

Joe October 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I read the reviews on here before I started taking these medications. I almost never have reactions from any medications so I thought these people were just whiners or were rare situations. I was on the hydralazine for about 10 days and I felt like I was going to die every single second that I was on it. I had severe chest pains, flatulence (gas), rapid heartbeat, headaches, dizziness and I felt like something was squeezing my heart. I practically begged my doctor to hurry and take me off of this medication and he switched me to Telmisartan. I feel like my old self again. The only thing I'm noticing with the Telmisartan is that it makes me sleep like a baby when I do go to bed. I usually wake up at 7 am on weekends but now I wake up at noon. But I am overall much happier now."

ynot · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I used hydralazine for 2 1/2 days. Experienced migraine headaches along with elevated blood pressure and pulse readings. I felt terrible. I flushed the medicine and within two days, I felt like myself again."

Fed up · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure (BP) has been really erratic for the past two weeks. Blood work came back with nothing wrong. My doctor put me on clonodine patch to supplement coreg ,that I have taken for years. I had a horrible reaction to the patch. Extreme tiredness, nightmares, dizziness and ear ringing. So they took me off the patch and put me on hydrazaline 50 mg. Not helping bring my pressure down, extreme headache, ears ringing, exhausted. I am taking myself off this . It's worse than having my pressure go up. Echo cardiogram scheduled this coming Monday. I am to the point that I hope they find something wrong, so they can fix it and stop using me for a guinea pig with different bp meds!"

roz · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This med lowered sodium level drastically, nauseated, dizzy, headache, pain in arms, freezing cold, tired. Ended up in hospital for IVs. Threw meds away!"

Elizabeth · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 50mg of hydralazine for a couple of weeks now and I feel sure it is causing the lack of concentration, the complete tiredness, the headache that goes all the way down my neck into my shoulders and the weight gain. I can't see that it is really making that much of a difference in my blood pressure. I go to the dr tomorrow and will be coming off this, it's not worth it."

BBob · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Doctor prescribed hydralazine in addition to other blood pressure meds. I have been experiencing palpitations, anxiety, joint pain, blurred vision, chills, and other "anomalies". Told my doctor about it, he had me do a stress test and wear a harness for two days. I think I'll take myself off of it, it hasn't lowered my BP that much. I think I would have better results with a stiff drink."

Cheryl2663 · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Had all the 'rare' side effects severely."

IreneNJ December 31, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "75 yr old mom was put on this med for hypertension. After only about 2 weeks, she began having extreme tiredness (one day she stayed in bed until 2pm!), weakness (couldn't lift 4 cups of coffee in the decanter), mental fog, muscle & joint aches (upper arms and thighs), pain/weakness in hands (difficulty wringing out a washcloth), upper abdominal pain, shortness of breath & rapid heart rate. Notified Dr. Mom stopped taking it 24 hrs ago. I hope her symptoms (side effects) improve quickly. I was reading about Drug Induced Lupus and I truly believe Mom was experiencing the beginning of this. Google it!"

Chucko105 October 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on hydralazine after having 2 stents put in it brought my blood pressure down a little. But make me feel tired all the time and gained 20lbs in weight. My feet and legs are swelling every day. Told the nurse about it so she decided to raise my dosage. I walked out of doctors office and threw script away. 2 day after quit taking my swelling is going down and BP hasn't changed"

Sindys002 · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Hydralazine 25 mg approximately 4 weeks ago. Friday night while taking my hair down, I noticed quite a bit of my hair was falling out. When I got it all down, I realized it was short... boy short. I am so upset. I threw the medicine away. I'll just have to find something else to make my blood pressure go down. Gee whiz. "

hvf October 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Talk with your pharmacist after you get the medicines. Tell them the same thing you tell your MD about the symptoms you all are having. Start by taking the information to your MD. If he or she won't listen find an Integrative Medicine Specialist. Primarily YOU and each of us has to be in control of our own health. Start with a check up and if seriously over weight start by trying to loose weight. Weight loss and keeping a normal weight is primary to keep down blood pressure. Stay active, start with little steps walk, walk. Make staying active a priority. Don't give yourself any excuses to be overweight. Obesity sets us all up for diabetes, other serious heart problems and even cancer. Wgt loss has to include activity. Just do it Good luck"

Ojosverdes · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken coreg for 15 years with no side effects. Two years ago I was prescribed lisinopril because I was having spikes of my blood pressure. Within 2 months I was having hair loss. Eight months later I asked to change to another medication. I was put on losartan. I continued having significant hair loss but my blood pressure was ok. Four months later I was put on hydralazine and still my hair loss continues! My blood pressure is not stable. It still spikes but not too high! I would love to find a medication that would lower my BP and not take my hair out! If anyone knows of one please HELP!!"

Arleneanz April 27, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I just started this med"

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure numbers runs high. I was given Hydralazine 25 mg 3 x a day then increase to 50 mg. This medication gave me the worse head ache, blurred vission, dizziness dry mouth, chest pains, very tired it drop some but not enough to continue taking this drug. I going back to the doctor to get something else. It had me in bed and sitting for most of the day totally out of it. Made me feel like I was tired. This medication is not worth taking."

Molly cl March 9, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I found it lowered my BP but I had swelling of face and neck and legs. Deciding if I should keep taking."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)