User Reviews for Hydralazine

Also known as: Apresoline

Learn more about Hydralazine.

Hypertensive Emergency 1 reviews 14 medications

High Blood Pressure 17 reviews 264 medications

2.9
Summary of Hydralazine reviews 19 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Hydralazine

For High Blood Pressure: "I just started this med"

Arleneanz April 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure numbers runs high. I was given Hydralazine 25 mg 3 x a day then increase to 50 mg. This medication gave me the worse head ache, blurred vission, dizziness dry mouth, chest pains, very tired it drop some but not enough to continue taking this drug. I going back to the doctor to get something else. It had me in bed and sitting for most of the day totally out of it. Made me feel like I was tired. This medication is not worth taking."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I found it lowered my BP but I had swelling of face and neck and legs. Deciding if I should keep taking."

Molly cl March 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Massive headache, though not migraine type. Actually mimicked a horrible sinus headache. (And yes I am sure that it was not a sinus headache) Light and sound were intolerable. Increased my anxiety Made me so tense my neck was hurting I also take amlodopine besylate 10 mg with no side effects. It just doesn't lower my BP low enough. Mine tops out over 230/150 regularly, it only brings it down to 160/90. (Too bad i can't just take more) I've tried Htz- constantly needed to urinate Linosopril- body ached all over Losartan- migraine type headache Why can't they make something that doesn't hurt us? I have no symptoms of high blood pressure. It's more like a rush. I'll be damned if I'll take that makes me hurt to make it better!"

pmbourque (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I took Hydrazine 50mg on January 11, 2017. It felt like someone had given me a shot of Morphine. This med messed me up. My heart rate was 122 my chest hurt and I had difficulty breathing. I was dizzy, tired, and sleepy and immediately called my Cardiologist and reported my side effect. I was told to take 50mg of Metoprolol so it would lower my heart rate. My legs and arm muscles hurt and I will never take this medication again."

Kiki50 January 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was getting spikes in BP of 165/103. My doctor added 25mg of Hydralazine 3x daily to my Lisinopril 20mg and Metropolol 25mg 2x daily. BP spikes the same, Side effects of headaches, tiredness, lack of concentration. Too much Meds with no good results. Going back to him to get a better plan."

Nuke Me November 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Stop breathing. Had to be intubated for 3 days."

JenTucker November 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have hypertension. I have been taking a combination of Amlodipine / benazepril. While this has been somewhat effective. my doctor also prescribed 50 mg. of hydralazine twice a day. This medication has shot my pulse up to very high levels three times, most recently from 77 to 105 this morning. While it has reduced my blood pressure slightly, it is not worth the shaking, difficulty urinating, feelings of anxiety, and headache side effects. I almost checked myself into the emergency room two nights ago. I tested withholding the medication and I am sure it is the hydralazine. I checked, and many people, especially men over the age of 60, suffer side effects like this."

EddieHask June 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure: "slight headaches at first it replaced lisinaprol perfectly after swollen lips."

drunkingskunk (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking for about two weeks. Yes, it does lower the blood pressure but the side effects seem to be worse than the cure. Been experiencing muscle cramps, anxiousness, feet felel as if on fire, chest pressure, pain in shoulders, back, paresthesias in legs, arms, etc. I'm not sure what else it is causing, but, perhaps the cure is worse than the disease. Why is it that every medication tends to be worse than the actually problem."

papccs (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I found that the side effect of lack of appetite was truly terrible .Food had no taste and I just couldn't eat. I also didn't sleep well. I haven't taken a pill in 3 days and I'm still not eating right."

bob k. (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "The side effects for me were horrible. I experenced joint pain that was a 8-10 on the pain scale, cold chills, lost of hair( came out in hands full & my throid tests were all normal) & it caused me to be fogging in my thoughts & forgetful. I tried it for 2 months hoping that he side effects would lessen; but they got worse. I have been off of it for 1 week & my freinds & husband said they were happy ot have me back to my old self. My BP went up because of the pain."

carleer September 8, 2015

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have noticed extreme weight gain since being on this medication! Almost 40 lbs in 3 months! Blood Pressure is good but the weight is not!"

D12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2013

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on this medicine for three months 50mg twice a day. I have notice great hair loss as well as been tried and sleepy. I have always been a early riser but since taking this medicine its hard for me to get out of bed."

Para4you (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2013

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Went to the ER at the local hospital for excruciating back pain, & found my BP to be 213/103 which was enough to have me admitted. Spent 3 days in there, & 50mg twice a day of Hydralazine was one of the meds they put me on. Taking these with a meal, & glass of milk to try to ease the side effects barely helps. I get really drowsy with body aches where I want to take a nap, but can't sleep, & find myself sitting staring at the floor a lot, unable to concentrate, really short of breath to the point where just walking 50 feet becomes laboring. On a positive note my diastolic reading has dropped over 50 points. As for the back pain, I found out a previous blood pressure medicine had drained my body of Potassium, Once my levels were normal the pain went away."

firebird1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2012

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was hospitalized after taking the first dose (25mg). I had severe chest pain, left arm pain, and dizziness. After all testing, the cardiologist determined the medication caused the above effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2012

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hypertensive Emergency: "Used this after an aortic dissection, this is a very serious medicine. I use it for blood pressure of 160 and over, it is very effective within 15 min.. will drop the blood pressure by 20-40 points. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2012

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had hair loss since taking this medicine."

Anonymous May 6, 2012

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking 10mg for about two years. I noticed hair loss."

pigmeat August 20, 2011