User Reviews for Hyaluronan

8.8

2 reviews
Summary of Hyaluronan reviews 6.6 136 reviews

Reviews for Hyaluronan

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Awesome experience with this drug. I have advanced osteoarthritis at 38 years old and I’m super active. My doc suggested a series of three shots. I’m on shot two and feeling great. The shot did not hurt me at all. I would encourage to seek out the best injector at your practice. They make all the difference. Also relax when receiving the injection."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I have two shots two weeks in a row. First one I felt relief in about 3-4 days. My second shot was nearly a week ago and I am in pain around the area of the injection. If this pain was gone I’d be feeling much better than 2 weeks ago. Not sure if the injection was too soon after the first or if I tensed up or some other reason. The area above my knee cap is swollen and the area around the injection site is a bit inflamed and tender. Wondering if anyone has had this issue. My next shot is in a week and considering waiting longer."

Hiera April 1, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I had 1 monovisc injection in both knees 2 months ago for osteoarthritis. My knees are more painful than ever."

Ellen (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Monovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I would not recommend Monovisc. I'm 37 years old with significant OA in my knee, and it started with a bone chip injury when I was 21. The injection itself was painful enough to make me cry, and I'm not a crier. (note to Orthopedics - cold spray before injection does NOTHING!!) I experienced extreme pain in the 2 weeks following the injection. Four and a half months later, my knee is worse than it was before - more acute pain, joint feels weaker, and I need to rest and wear my knee brace more often. I love to be active, and OA hinders this. :-("

AundreaR (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Monovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Had pain relief within in a couple days and it lasted for about 5 1/2 months. I'm now waiting for 2nd shot scheduled next week."

gramps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

Monovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Drug was painless with no swelling after first injection but wore off in 4 months. SynviscOne lasts 6 months. I will return to that despite pain & swelling the first day of treatment."

Arno (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Both knees are arthritic. I had 4 injections of orthovisc and I continue to experience pain. I previously had synvisc injections which did give me 6 months of pain free knees. Sorry that I did not get synvisc again."

lunamaya February 12, 2018

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "orthovisc is like any injection: the injector is the key; not every doctor, esp. a pa. is a great injector; I had horrible knee pain at night, took MRI, had a torn miniscus, flap tear and I guess some arthritis; anyway, did my 4 injections with great orthopod, who uses ultra sound guidance while injecting; as I remember, the first round of 4 was ok; had a 2nd round of 4 and have been totally pain free for over 3 years. So thats my story. Be very, very careful about the dr. you are working with. Read the above about the man with bone on bone; my girlfiriend, after surgery was bone on bone and was told she would never play tennis again; she went on orthovisc for the last nine years , and is still playing singles. She is 73."

gfoell February 9, 2018

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in my right knee last March I started with physiotherapy which only aggravated it, then tried injection of cortisone which only made it about 40 percent better for no more than 3 weeks. Last week received orthovisc and to my surprise doctor administered all three in one shot saying studies have shown no difference in 3 different sessions or all at once (I wasn't going to argue she went to med school not me) so I did it an unfortunately 10 days later I don't feel any better at all it's as if I never went. Hoping that this kicks in but losing hope. Worse pain of all is when driving!!"

Subc (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2018

Monovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Amazing result for my OE knee . I have severe osteoarthritis in my knee do to ACL . I received one full dose of 20 mg injection on January 2nd, 2018 . I went to fracture clinic in hospital to receive injection . Treatment wasn't painful at all . After 2 days of resting and applying ice on my knee , all my old pain and discomfort was gone . I wish that I knew about Monovisc much earlier . It is nice to live without pain again . I just hope that will lost at least six months."

Bennie M January 13, 2018

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Had series of three shots in right knee last one 11/9/2017. The shots stabilized my knee, but I was left with one "area" of the knee that was tender; however, I could take walks in our hilly neighbourhood, go to the grocery store without pain and generally get on with my life. It is now 1/1/18 and the that pesky "area" is hurting more. I am now using the RX NSAID on a fairly regular basis and icing the knee every night. I have to say, I am disappointed - to say the least -. It felt really empowering to be able to walk again"

Nelly4819 January 1, 2018

Hymovis (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I had an injection of Hymovis after hurting my knee. I had only one injection because my knee became more painful and swollen after the injection. I have lost a significant amount of mobility and strength in the knee after the injection. I should never have had the injection of Hymovis. I can’t sleep walk far, use the stairs. I was in good shape and weight prior to this mess."

Jacd December 23, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I got my last of 4 orthovisc injections 4 days ago, the 1st two injections didn't even feel, the 3rd was intense and painful and the 4th even more intense and I felt the Dr. Moving the needle, he said he was having a hard time finding the spot! Very very intense. But I made it. Note after 2nd shot and right before the 3rd shot was walking better, and bending knee and no pain. After 3rd and 4th still have the issue of not bending knee when I walk and TAKING Ibuprofen 800mg 2 times a day. I have 2 tears in my left meniscus and bone spurs and a bakers cysts, also have osteoarthritis ! Doctor has been saying total knee replacement right from the start. I am at times walking better and the pain only really hurts when I am due for next meds"

debilyne (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Osteoarthritis in right knee eventually lead to bone on bone. After my last scope Nov. 2015, the pain persisted to where I had a steroid injection. It relieved some of the pain for 2 months (considered non-effective according to FDA), then the excruciating pain returned. Last nonsurgical option was Orthovisc, which all 3 injections were very painful. I didn't experience relief until 2-3 weeks after the last injection. I have been pain free, with an occasional very brief episode (seconds) of some pain. Now it's October 2017, and it's been wearing off. But 12 months worth of no pain was definitely worth it. So glad I toughed it out!"

48 yr. old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I found the reviews helpful, In March I had a shot of Cortisone in my right knee. It was effective for 5 months. When my pain returned the doctor recommended Ortho Visc. I had 3 treatments, each a week apart, I had relief after a few days, but it didn't last. I had the final injection on August 30th. It really hurt, and I was light-headed afterwards, and could hardly walk. The PA that gave me the last treatment had me rest until I felt OK to walk and drive. He told me to mark 3 weeks on the calendar, at which time I would feel no pain. (Did that mean I would be dead?!) After 8 days I am almost pain free! Now to see how long it lasts."

JYSZ September 7, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Had my first injection 18 months ago 1st injection of series was no pain, 2nd of series extreme pain, swelling, stiffness, 3rd injection no pain. I had no real knee pain for 18 months remained active with Pilates, hiking, walking, circuit training. Pain started again in June 2017, started injections again in September, 1st injection no pain, next day no swelling but few twinges. I hope I get another 18 months or more. Had surgery 2 years ago, Knee remains stable right now, goal is to avoid any surgery for now on."

Shebe (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I completed the series of 3 Orthovisc injections Aug. 15 and sadly not noticing much improvement. I read from one comment that relief wasn't noticed till about a month so I am hoping like crazy that it will work. After the first injection it seemed like there might be hope for my knees and I gave a 10-15% improvement but nothing after the first go round. Had a good Dr. that used an ultrasound so the needle wasn't too bad. More pressure then pain but I am disappointed with the results so far."

Nickapoo September 2, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I had a series of 3 injections of orthovisc in both of my knees last year and they worked great!! Pain relief after 3 weeks which lasted 3 full months. Same time of year I decided to get another series of injections, this time they did not do a thing for me. Actually I believe it made it quite worse! It's been over 6 weeks since my last shot, I've still yet to see anything beneficial this time around...."

Mr Bike-aholic August 29, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I was experiencing knee pain and received a cortisone injection with fair results. Four weeks later I was offered and received Monovisc. They told me not to expect improvement for 3-4 weeks. It's been six weeks. Since the day of the injection, my knee is worse. It is stiff, and gets stiffer if I sit for very long. I have to be careful about how I move it are it can have pain."

Disappointed 2 August 8, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I've been getting Orthovisc injections for 12 years, I'm 52, just had first of 3 again this am. Makes big difference for me, and has. Tried another brand, 3 shots in one, yikes and didn't last. Yes the 3rd shot more painful, and yes feels a bit wobbly at first after each injection but gone within a day. Still snowboarding, hiking, paddle boarding, wakesurfing more than wakeboarding (that is impact). Thank you for orthovisc. PS side note, have a reputable orthopedic with great PA's who mostly do the injections. It can go crazy painful bad with that long needle."

CindyCSML August 4, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "My Dr thought this would be a good idea for me because of my knee condition I had had for years. I figured I'd give it a go and big surprise it made it worse a lot worse - it was like he stirred up a hornets nest after those shots. Now I'm having more trouble with it than ever before with walking pain, sleeping pain, knee resting pain, it's all worse I'm 40 and walk like I'm 80. Physical therapy was a joke considering my condition can't be fixed without replacing the knee. All physical therapy did was get me to shift my weight to one side and now my other knee is giving me problems. I guess the Dr won't be happy until I'm in a wheelchair ."

Terrible pain nightmare (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 86, in good health and play tennis twice a week. The bone on bone problem started about 5 years ago and the orthovisc has been a blessing. I heard about its effectiveness in only 50 % of people treated and am so glad it's working for me. No problem with the injections. I can feel when I need another shot - probably about 8 months."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I have bone on bone on my left knee, so bad I was ready for a replacement. My Dr. suggested we "give the shots a shot", if they don't work, we'll take the next step. He is an expert at giving shots to the knee as I felt no pain, just a bit of pressure as he did each injection. At first I was very disappointed as I didn't feel any difference. About a month and a half after we finished the series, I noticed I had no pain in my knee! Lasted about a year, going in for another 3 shots next month. Dr. says it works for some, but not all, and I'm glad I 'gave it a shot'."

PKiddy (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "Last June I participated in a road clean up and after a 1/2 mile I could no longer walk. Went to an orthopedist who took an xray. I got the impression that he just figured I was an overweight old lady who needed to complain. I heard his surprise when he saw I had bone on bone. He recommended 3 injections. The 1st one wasn't bad. The 2nd hurt a bit and after the last one I couldn't even get off the table it was so painful. Relief has lasted a year and now I have an appointment to see a new doctor for another round. So, yes, as someone mentioned the doctor you use makes a difference!"

BIB6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2017

Orthovisc (hyaluronan) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 58 and have some osteoarthritis in my right knee. I have had 3 shots now and I am not feeling it. Still hard to walk / painful. I will be receiving 1 more shot and hoping and hoping it kicks in???"

aljsa June 27, 2017