User Reviews for Hydromet

Cough
8.1

Summary of Hydromet reviews 8.2 30 reviews

Reviews for Hydromet

For Cough "After coughing for almost a year and taking many OTC coughing meds, my primary care physician gave me Hydromet and my cough was under control. I was no longer coughing during church or work and I was able to sleep without coughing. And there were no side effects."

Ms mom (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Cough "I was given this for the bad cough I have with the flu and a double ear infection. It definitely is the best cough suppressant I've ever taken. The side effects I didn't like were the intense itching ALL over and the drowsiness. It is something to definitely only take at night but I was still drowsy the entire next day. I am not a light weight with medicine at all...but this one kicked my cough's butt. I wasn't told not to take my klonipen with it either so my first dose I had already taken it and the side effects were intensified. I couldn't sleep and had horrible nightmares. Definitely works...but be very careful with it."

TMcCoy Lexington January 12, 2018

For Cough "Very good cough syrup, immediately helped my hacking cough. Although u will feel sleepy after taking 5ml dosage. It's best to take it at night and do not drive ."

Rochanda April 27, 2017

For Cough "This worked....I didn't have any side effects."

Coughing for 2 months (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

For Cough "For about 25 or 30 years, I've had at least 2 bouts a year with bronchitis accompanied with a non-productive cough. There was no way I could sleep; I could only lay there and cough on schedule about every 30 seconds to a minute. Then I got Hydromet. Best cough suppressant ever. Just don't sip your dosage straight from the bottle, use a teaspoon, because you'll just overdose and possibly get the most frightening nightmares you'll ever experience. Believe me, it was very vivid and frightening dreams; and they would recur if you try to sleep again. After using the correct dosage there were no problems. Only my luck ran out when my long time doctor wouldn't prescribe anymore. I'm trying to add another doctor that will prescribe it."

John Pottorff January 21, 2017

For Cough "I was prescribed hydromet for a flu related cough. It did great for taking care of my cough, but the vomiting, itching, headache and light sensitivity that I have as side effects isn't worth it for me."

Rustyplowfarms (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Cough "I had this medicine from last year for my asthma attack and continuous cough from the allergy season. I took the medice yesterday night about 9:00 p.m. Then I tried to drink a soup but I couldn't because I was so dizzy and with nausea. I went to sleep but I couldn't. I got off this morning feeling in the same way, but anyway I went to work, one hour later I came back home after threw up 3 times and I am still on bed."

Mechiet April 1, 2016

For Cough "I've been prone to severe bronchitis since I was a baby. Finally when I'm 39 the doctor prescribed a cough syrup that makes me stop coughing so I can get some damn sleep! if you haven't taken it before I suggest a 1/4 dose to start since it's a strong narcotic and go from there. But once you get used to it, it's all good feelings and sound sleep. I see that pretty much every negative review was due to side effects. Well this ain't otc it's the real deal, so treat it with respect."

bronchitissufferer (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

For Cough "I kept this cough syrup even though it was five years old. Took it to stop an uncontrollable cough and boy did it work! I was able to sleep soundly, better than ever. Woke up and did not feel like moving much. I would not take this if I had to go to work in the day. I only took one teaspoon and have done it for two nights."

Ophelia1 September 24, 2015

For Cough "One 5ml dose of Hydromet had me nauseous and vomiting for around 8 hours. It killed my cough while also killing me. The end."

Ashleytation (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

For Cough "This stuff works great! All the other over the counter does not work. No side affects for me, only relief. Thank god for hydromet!"

Slim shady47547572211 September 9, 2015

For Cough "Worked great for my cough but I made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach and 8 hours later am still severely nauseous and vomiting."

justwannafeelbetter86 November 11, 2014

For Cough "The only cough syrup I have ever used that works every time."

Tony6420 November 4, 2014

"Amazing for pain and cough alike"

Lance ard July 24, 2014

For Cough "Was prescribed this for a sore throat and it worked very well. Even better, was that apparently it stopped my extreme snoring. Also, I had the best dreams while taking it: very vivid, dark and awesome. This stuff really made my throat feel better and helped me make a speedy recovery."

YetiMade November 10, 2013

For Cough "Was given Hydromet syrup for violent cough due to upper respiratory Infection. Works VERY well. The only problem I have is intense itching with any hydrocodone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

For Cough "Hydromet soothes my sore throat and I feel better within a day. The last two doctors only prescribed Benadryl syrup which does nothing and causes side effects."

Kayeae February 18, 2013

For Cough "I am an 80 year old female who hardly ever gets ill. The only medication that I take is Vitoryn and my cholestrol is way below 200. Last week I caught a chill and I felt it go thrhough my body. The next day I experienced what felt like a cronic nasal drip. I literally seemed to cough my brains out. As it worked out, I had a non-related appointment with my doctor. She spotted an upper respiratory inflamation and suggested Hydromet. Within 10 minutes I was a new person. No side effects..just great sleeping."

Mahalo March 15, 2012

For Cough "Was prescribed Hydromet around the time H1N1 was spreading. I had a nasty cough, brutal body aches and fever. As soon as I took a dose, the flu symptoms reduced significantly. The cough disappeared overnight. The only problem was the intense nausea that caused vomiting. Maybe should take with food to reduce side effects. Otherwise this syrup was a flu-buster like no other medicine."

broadway jay May 29, 2011

For Cough "I was taking Hydromet for pneumonia. It seemed to work quite well the first night, as I took it right before bed and I slept very well. However, I found that while taking it during the day, I got extremely nauseous and continuously threw up until an anti-nausea prescription finally came through. I usually do fine taking pill forms of codeine, such as vicodin etc, but find that in taking this during the day, it causes such dizziness that you feel like you're on a horrible theme park ride. Do not recommend if you are susceptible to vomiting from being too dizzy; seems to work for others though."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For Cough "Just started taking this for a cough and all I've done when taking this is vomit and have the worst case of nausea ever."

Anonymous January 26, 2011

For Cough "The Hydromet worked great for suppressing the cough, but after the second day of taking it, I am experiencing dizziness, and slight hearing loss in my left ear. I thought I was experiencing vertigo (which has never been a condition I've dealt with), until I read the side effects for this medicine. I haven't taken the medicine in 2 days and I'm still dizzy. I've walked into walls, fell back into my seat as I'm trying to get up. "

thexy December 30, 2010

For Cough "I have had an awful cold for the last 2 weeks. I went back to my doctor yesterday because the medicines he gave me last week did nothing. Last night I took the Hydromet he gave me. I slept like Rip Van Winkle. The 1st good nights sleep I have gotten in 7 nights. I just wish my doctor would have given me this last week, and I am sure I would be feeling a lot better now. I have had no side effects at all. And am looking forward to getting more good sleep tonight. Thanks Hydromet makers."

Tiredofcoughing December 14, 2010

For Cough "I have a severe cold and have been having terrible coughing fits where I end up gagging and vomiting. My doctor prescribed Hydromet, and I didn't even plan on taking it because I usually find that cough medicine does nothing to help me when I have a cold. However, once I did take it, I noticed an amazing improvement. I went from coughing and not sleeping all night, to sleeping soundly through the night. It didn't completely take the cough away, but I can tell a huge difference. I've had my cold for a week, and I'm still taking it at night to get relief so I can sleep. I have had no side effects, except maybe more vivid dreams. They aren't nightmares, but I do seem to dream a lot more while I'm taking it."

Anonymous June 23, 2010

For Cough "I had such a bad cough, with a cold, that I felt like I was going to vomit. Continual coughing attacks kept me awake at night. Got this medication, Hydromet, and my cough stopped within 5 minutes. This is a great cough medication. No problems with side effects."

Tiger3 February 8, 2010