User Reviews for Mucinex Maximum Strength

Mucinex Maximum Strength has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Cough
6.2
Bronchitis
Summary of Mucinex Maximum Strength reviews 6.4 7 reviews

krobin · Taken for less than 1 month · April 14, 2018

For Cough: “I take an MAOI so I can't use decongestants. I take Mucinex when I start getting a cold or flu. It relieves my cough and congestion, keeps my lungs clear. Yes, it gives me a runny nose but that's what it's supposed to do, thin the mucous so you can get rid of it. My coughs are fewer and those I have are productive. Drinking a lot of water of other liquid is essential. I suspect some of the negative reviews are from folks who didn't drink enough. Personally I would recommend giving it a try, with lots of fluids.”

ashantee · Taken for less than 1 month · November 9, 2016

For Bronchitis: “This medicine doesn't work for me well... it made my nose more stuffy, dried my throat out, and kept me up... everytime I tried to sleep I would wake up coughing and feeling nausea and it seems to produce more mucus... drink lots of water!! seriously ..! But this will be my last time taking mucinex its not for everybody and its defintely not for me”

zelta · January 4, 2017

For Cough: “Have COPD and am taking this for mucus and cough every 4 hours. Can't swallow pill so taking liquid. The taste is so strong it sometimes makes me cough forever. Can a small amount of water be added to dose?”

Ro · Taken for less than 1 month · January 5, 2020

For Cough: “Two-bottle package of Mucinex Fast-Max and Nightshift. Over $20 but it would have been worth it if it worked. Started with Nightshift and the next day I took the Fast-Max. Not one bit of improvement in any of my symptoms. Waste of money.”

BA · Taken for less than 1 month · January 25, 2019

For Cough: “I have been coughing for several weeks. Took cough suppressant and nothing worked. Took Mucinex Dm yesterday and coughing is mostly gone. I feel a lot better.”

Bill · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 4, 2020

For Bronchitis: “I have COPD and Mucinex maximum work good for me , was wonderng why you say do not break or chew in half ? and can this be taken everyday ,12 hour ? or as needed when mucus come, cold , etc ,etc .”

Katty · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 21, 2020

For Cough: “Musinex Max strength did not work for me, doctor recommended,”