User Reviews for Gemifloxacin

Also known as: Factive

Gemifloxacin has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 29% of those users who reviewed Gemifloxacin reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Strep Throat  Off-label 9.0
Bronchitis   4.0
Pneumonia   2.7
Summary of Gemifloxacin reviews 4.2 10 reviews

Reviews for Gemifloxacin

nana July 6, 2018

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I took Factive for 7 days and at the end of these days, I woke up with a rash from head to foot. That was horrible for me, I went to emergency and I saw a dermatologist for this rash. She prescribed Prednol 40mg for 3 days. I was sick because of pneumonia for 5 days and I suffered from factive side effects for 15 days! My face, my neck, my hands, all over my body... terrible experience for me! I do not suggest anybody to use Factive under any circumstances! Thank you.”

OhioGuy · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2014

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Given 5 day trial from treating physician. Experienced a delayed reaction after taking final dose and broke out in full body hives, literally from head to toes. Had to be treated then for pneumonia and the reaction with 3 follow up visits.”

Annabellita June 28, 2014

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “8 days on Factive - cured the bronchitis - worsened everything else. On the 8th day I got an allergic reaction that got even worse on the next day, swollen lips, unbelievably itchy rash covering head to toe. Took nearly a week of treatment. Had to get injections to calm it down. A quick look on the internet shows that this reaction is common after having finished taking the medicine.”

Factive · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2014

For Bronchitis: “Very quick and effective. Did not experience any side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2013

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I took Factive for 6 days. The label says that you can take it with or without food, but in my case, if I didn't eat a very large meal before taking it, I would feel sick to my stomach and spend most of the day vomiting. I was only able to successfully keep it down for one of the days, but when I did vomit, it brought up a lot of the sputum that was in my lungs. At the end of the day, the medication seems to be working for me, but it definitely made me feel horrible that entire time I took it. ***Be sure to ask your doctor for a coupon for this stuff. It costs over $100, but my doctor gave me a copay free coupon and I wound up paying nothing for this medication.”

Anonymous October 10, 2011

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Just started today and know the first day you feel terrible, so hope it works. Highly recommended by doctor.”

Anonymous December 11, 2009

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “So far I have taken two doses and I feel worse today than yesterday.”

Anonymous January 14, 2009

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Strep Throat: “I was given Factive for a bad strep infection. After the 1st dose, I felt 100 times better.”

okdeb March 7, 2008

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Antibiotics are useless against viruses. They only work on bacteria.”

betsysch September 21, 2007

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I have used the drug Factive on two separate occasions to treat bronchitis. Not only is it expensive but it's useless.”