User Reviews for Fluticasone/vilanterol to treat Asthma

Also known as: Breo Ellipta

Fluticasone/vilanterol Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 168 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Reviews for Fluticasone/vilanterol

Sandy July 22, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Started Breo Ellipta a week ago I’ve had severe asthma felt like I was always out of breath used so many different preventers and changed inhalers nothing helped. I have not used my reliever inhaler for one solid week since I started Breo I can hardly believe it’s true...I used to panic looking for my reliever inhaler if it was out of my sight I’m grateful and watchful right now I feel like I received a miracle”

Karen · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Do the drug manufactures even bother reading these. This drug Breo Ellipta does NOT last 24 hours. Fraudulent claims , it lasts 12 tops . A respiratory therapist told me that GSK knows it doesn't last that long. Good luck even getting it into your lungs. Worst possible delivery system . MAKE THIS DRUG IN A NEBULIZER FORM so we actually get the full benefit. Just shows how these drug companies are in it for the money. This is a great drug. Sad that most don't actually get to experience it to its entirety because of the crappy delivery system.”

Susan May 8, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “How I wish I could use Breo regularly!? Nothing I’ve tried is more effective for breathing; HOWEVER, as I type this, I’m experiencing nausea, occasional flushing with cold sweats, increased heart rate, increased HBP and blood sugar, anxiety, depressed mood. I’ve entered the ER twice in the past trying this drug (never knew one could develop flu condition from a drug!). I had bronchitis two months ago (took antibiotic and prednisone) and have just not fully recovered. Wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing. I resumed Breo one puff every 5-6 days for relief. I knew better than to repeat a dose earlier. I keep Breo on hand for severe asthma flare ups - I know - stupid. Amazing what those of us with asthma will risk to breathe! It will take around three days for the side effects to vanish. I’ll swear I’ll never use it again. I hope Breo doesn’t become the next Vioxx! It's side effects can be severe.”

Leeparr · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 23, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I have been battling asthma for over 40 years, utilizing maintenance inhalers and rescue inhalers. Since I have been on Breo, past 4 years, I have not had to use my rescue inhaler. In fact, my pulsox always used to read between 91 and 93% on room air. Now it reads 95 to 97% on room air. When I take long deep breaths I no longer cough. Not sure whether the weight gain is a side effect or because I've always had the tendency to be a "fatty patty". I'll blame the med. LOL”

NopeNopeNope April 16, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Thanks to all the lysol being sprayed in the office my asthma flared up and my doctor decided on Breo. It worked great the first 2 days minus the intense headache and palpitations (i called in sick both days). On the 3 day I had a very aggressive migraine 5mins after taking the inhaler. My left arm went numb up to my neck. Fortunately a benadryl seemed to help but I immediately started puking for the next 12 hours. I slept every minute I could but woke up to intense chills that made me puke again. Since this was a Saturday I had to wait til Monday to see my doctor. When they took my vitals I was hypertensive with 143 heart rate. While it's not uncommon my heart rate to be 100-110, my blood pressure rarely changes let alone spike to hypertensive levels. Now over a week later I'm stuck with dry irritated feeling lungs Again my flare up at the time was relatively minor and could have been treated way easier and cheaper with a standard steroid inhaler.”

Slick · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Best inhaler I've ever used and I've had asthma for 40 years. I've been air lifted 3 times due to this condition. The only thing I hate about it is the sore throat but that's child's play compared to mot being able to walk 1 step without gasping for air. I'll take it forever”

Bones · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 10, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “The best med. I had to treat my asthma. One inhalation a day and I do not need any rescue inhaler”

Tracy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Pros : It reduces the need for bronchodilators....sort of. IF you can get a full dose. Works better than most products but the side effects are not worth it. Cons: Anxiety . High blood pressure. ANXIETY. Afraid to leave the house alone anxiety. Fast heart rate. I just do not feel well. Muscle and joint aches . Restless legs . This drug needs to be reinvestigated by the FDA .”

Deb January 24, 2020

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Breo is an awesome product. Terrible way to inhale it. Most of it ends up in your mouth. I don't know how people with COPD or old people are expected to use this. It requires a great deal of lung power to just inhale it. Does not last for 24 hours. Someone said it lasts for about 14 hours and they are correct.”

Kathi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Works great IF you can actually get it into your lungs, but the delivery system is garbage, most of it was in my throat. Yes I followed the instructions to the letter. Caused some headaches and fast heart rate for a short time. It should come in a puffer and nebulizer form.”

JanniePumps · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I am a person who believes in natural medicines/homeopathic as much as possible. I was really struggling with asthma symptoms this past summer and felt horrible so I went into an asthma specialist as a last resort after trying everything natural that I could put my hands on. She put me on Breo and I felt like I had found a miracle cure. However - about 6 weeks later and after tapering down from Breo to 100 - I began having extreme numbness in my limbs and tremors and bone pain and muscle pain. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if I have something else going on but have notified my doctor and stopped taking Breo. I am very concerned with the side effects I am having. When I spoke with my doctor about this - she said she has never heard of the limb issues or joint issues etc. but there are plenty of stories about it here.”

Holy Toledo · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I started taking Breo, for my asthma, about two weeks ago. At first I thought this was a wonder drug (ability to breathe AND have increased stamina was a definite WIN). However, the side effects quickly and drastically started to add up TIGHTNESS in my throat, RASPY voice, and you know that "stamina" I was referring to? It gradually turned into INSOMNIA and massive ANXIETY (the kind where you are afraid to leave the house and are teary) HEART PALPITATIONS. I stopped taking the medication and it took 2-3 days before I felt "normal" again.”

Asthma is a struggle · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Caused insomnia, bad dreams, massive anxiety. Had to go on medication.”

AnnaB September 28, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Breo did work for me it was like a miracle drug, but unfortunately I have had major adverse side effects from it. I have had flu like symptoms, mood swings and every time I breathe in the right side of my ribs are in absolute agony, it's a horribly anxious provoking situation. I can't drive, because when I go over any bumps on the road my side hurts so so terribly, also been getting dry throat. Went to the doctors, had tests and found out it has caused me to have pluresy, I have now stopped taking it, the risk of side effects are not worth it unfortunately. Beware of this drug it is very dangerous for some.”

Tired · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I moved to the midwest after living in the southeast for twenty years. I have had asthma for the better part of 10 years. In the southeast I never had to use a bronchodilater. After moving to the midwest, my asthma worsened and was put on Breo. Things were great in the first couple months. However about a month and a half ago, I developed insomnia and a cough that I couldn't get rid of. From there I caught a lung infection and then pneumonia. When recovering from pneumonia I developed low potassium, severe bone and joint pain and headaches that won't go away. I haven't had a dose in over 24 hours now and I am already starting to feel better. I would rather use my rescue inhaler every day then to have these issues.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 13, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I found Breo Ellipta good to start with. I hardly had to use a rescue puffer. However, months on I am finding Breo ineffective. I am having to rely on rescue puffers to control my asthma and mucus production”

reniie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Breo Ellipta is awful. I never had any issues besides asthma prior. It gave me headaches, bone pain (specifically hip pain), and also bone crunching. I had read that it can demineralize bone, so not ideal for women going through peri-menopause. Due to such intense side effects, I have decided this drug is not worth it.”

Kel · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 5, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “For me the medication doesn't last me the whole day so having it once a day is not great. The biggest negative side effect for me, to the point I'm now seeking a different asthma med, is that no matter how much I rinse my mouth or gargle or salt water rinse and gargle, I'm left with a build up of white and thick and pasty residue on the back of my throat where it feels like I constantly have hair sitting in the back of my mouth like a big fur ball....its not thrush as I have been back to my GP..horrible.”

Amy · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 4, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I caught a cold and it went from my head to my chest. Asthma flared up like crazy & between prednisone, proair, nebulizer treatments and Breo, I still couldn’t find relief. You are only supposed to use LABA's until your symptoms are controlled, then you should switch back to steroid/other preventer. I was hyperventilating & honestly scared for my life. I couldn’t control my breathing. I've been hospitalized once but that was preventable (age9). Prednisone helps. I think Breo is a dangerous drug and should only be used for a couple months MAX. LABA's may reduce blood oxygen levels and cause adrenal suppression. Take vitamin d, calcium & adrenal support. Breo worked wonderful when my advair (took from 9-23Yrs old) stopped working but my gut is telling me this medication is dangerous long term. Also, I’ve noticed chest pains on this medication.”

Uncle · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I have been taking Breo 100/25 for 4 years now for exercise-induced bronchospasm related to asthma inherited from my mother. The once daily dosing is perfect for my active lifestyle. I have not had any side effects! At 60 years old I can be as active as I want to.”

KB August 16, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I started on the breo ellipta in April 2019. It was amazing, for the first time in 23 years I could breathe properly. Take bigger breathes in general and my asthma was gone. However, the side effects were huge. It gave me insomnia and so it changed my sleeping pattern (I usually go to bed at 8pm and wake at 5am), I have been constantly sick since May this year (I’m not kidding), I gained a hell of a lot of weight, my skin changed from super oily skin to completely dried out, I had a constant cough, my sinuses (which have never been an issue prior) were playing up constantly, mentally I did not feel like myself at all. My mum however hasn’t had as many side effects. It is such a shame that we have to choose between dealing with the above or not being able to breathe. It took me a long time to finally get off it but after speaking to my specialists and my mum it was clear it didn’t sit well with my body. Back to the strongest dosage of seretide which doesn’t work”

Wilmogirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 3, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “Have had asthma since age 12. Also just quit smoking 5 weeks ago. Started Breo 2015-ish. It was like a miracle drug! Couldn't believe I didn't need my rescue for months at time. Went thru 1 inhaler/month most of my life. Drawback of Breo is that it severely weakened my immune system. Started getting oral thrush every 2-3 months even after rinsing & gargling w/antiseptic. 2 years ago I started getting sick all the time. Last year had flu 2x, a respiratory infection and 3 stomach viruses. Took prednisone in January - I was told me to stop Breo because that was too much steroid. Haven't touched it since, & haven't gotten sick since. Also have anxiety and heart palpitations now, never had prior to using Breo. Now not smoking & not taking Breo in 7 months palpitations have lessened & anxiety starting to get better. Feel better since stopping Breo. It's quite a shame b/c my asthma was totally controlled while taking it, but still seems controlled. Hope I don't have to take it again!”

Unhappy · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “This medication destroyed my life. It should not be on the market. It caused me to develop burning mouth syndrome after a couple of doses, which is a severe and unremitting neuropathic pain in your mouth, that has no treatment. I still have it a year later and have no quality of life left. This condition could well be lifelong.”

Capt D · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “My pulmonologist said I should try Breo rather than using a rescue and steroid inhaler. The first day I felt great but after 8 hrs went into shock and got a ride to the ER. I thought I would try it again to make sure it was the drug and sure enough it happened again. After stopping Breo after two times it caused severe problems that continued for a week but seem to be resolving”

hobbesluv July 16, 2019

Breo Ellipta (fluticasone / vilanterol): “I just went off this drug last week after being on it for 2 years. About a month after I started this medication I had the first panic attack of my life, for a completely unthreatening stimulus (I was sitting in traffic). Over the next two years I continued to have panic attacks over very silly stimuli and constant anxiety/tension in my chest/neck area. After cutting out Flonase, caffeine, alcohol, birth control, and still having anxiety issues, it finally occurred to me that perhaps it was this medication. It has been one week since I went off the medication, with only my rescue inhaler for my asthma when I need it. I do feel the occasional slight shortness of breath, but I feel I can much better live with that than I could the side effects of Breo. I have not had any moment where my anxiety felt like it was going into panic territory, and my general anxiety level has drastically decreased. I feel like I'm alive again, and I don't need to worry about every little thing.”