User Reviews for Flurazepam to treat Insomnia

Flurazepam has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 73 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 79% of those users who reviewed Flurazepam reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Flurazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Flurazepam

Holly · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2021

Dalmane (flurazepam): “I personally liked Dalmane, it served my anxiety very well also sleep problems. I am sorry Roche stopped making it. I was taking this med for over 20 years, never had any side affects”

Layla · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 17, 2020

“I've been taking flurazepam as needed for over a year and can't get it anymore. I have no side effects whatsoever and I have one pill left. Flurazepam is a good drug and should be made available, I hope, soon. Does anybody know about this? Is Mylan making more of it? I sure hope so.”

Wayne · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2020

“I took Dalmane for over 40 years when taken off market in 2019 my doctor put me on temazepam, zoldipem neither of these were any good. I then took tranxene until was able to get back on flurazepam 30 mg. In April 2020 not the same medicine as before only get 3 to 4 hours sleep”

Mary · Taken for 10 years or more October 3, 2019

Dalmane (flurazepam): “I have been using Dalmane for over 30 years. It helped me with an extreme anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. Now I'm so anxious that I can barely stand it. It worked great! I have tried several others in the last few months and NOTHING helps at all. I will have to go cold turkey and am afraid of what's happening to me is only the beginning! I don't know why Roche is stopping making it, why would do this!! It's cruel!! I did not expect at 60 years old to put my heart and body through the extreme panic attacks. I am thinking about looking into a legal option for pain and suffering from Roche if they don't bring it back.”

Diana S. · Taken for 10 years or more March 29, 2019

Dalmane (flurazepam): “This medication helps me sleep very effectively, and the key word is "helps," not "makes." It is the only sleeping pill I have used that did not affect the way I felt the next day. (When I tried Restoril, it made me feel so terrible that my doctor advised me to mix the pills with coffee grounds to prevent others from taking them and throw them in the dumpster!) I really don't know what I will do now that this gentle, effective sleep aid is becoming unavailable. Never sleep, maybe.”

jojo July 29, 2019

“I have taken flurazepam to sleep for over 10 years, it has always worked, never a need to increase etc etc. Now comes the problem, same as others, terrible withdrawal, had to go to de-tox and am still having symptoms. Add to that, I am having some kind of allergic reaction to something and my body is completely swollen ( especially my tongue) couldn't sleep now if I wanted too! Allergists think it's in my head because I am acting crazy now due to 9 weeks of no sleep, possibly still withdrawing and now a swollen body!! It angers me that these companies can just PULL a drug off of the market whenever they feel the need!! If anyone has found a drug ( not a benzo) that is working to help them sleep please put it out there to help all of us that are going through this craziness!! I have tried numerous things ( latest is Rozerem), not doing a thing.. Hate living a nightmare!!!”

Mandywine · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2019

“I was taking flurazepam for 30 years as prescribed. Due to the manufacturer backorder I have been without it over a month. I have been in withdrawals. Sweats, body tremors, fast heart rate and feel spacey.”

chicken Boo · Taken for 10 years or more May 25, 2020

“it's not fair flurazapam was an excellent drug for sleep and now Mylan has changed the recipe to weaken the drug and they think no one can tell what they have done and that they are very wrong. Other weaker benoz's are now more effective than the once highly praised flurazapam.”

Me · Taken for 10 years or more September 23, 2019

“I have been on this medication for 30+ yrs. Can't believe it's not available right now. They say Dec time frame, doctor put me on something else. Doesn't work. Hurry on Flurazapam please. Very satisfied customer.”

Miss Dainty Dazey October 18, 2019

“First of all I am very allergic to most drugs. I have been taking Flurazapam for insomnia for 3 years, since my son who is a pilot for a commercial airline was diagnosed with cancer for the second time, my daughter quit speaking to me, and I had a horrible reaction to a glaucoma eye drop Lumigan. All of this stress at one time sent me into a state of insomnia. I was prescribed Flurazapam and did well on it. Now I am on Temazapam and it’s not working. Help bring back Flurazapam.”

Jaxson · Taken for 10 years or more October 14, 2019

“I have chronic insomnia for over 55 years, and It is inherited from my Mother’s side for at least 2 generations. However, 40 years ago, an MD friend, who knew me well, prescribed 30 mg Dalmane for me. It worked so well in that it gave great sleep, slight sleepiness next day, but then 3-5 nights of good sleep with 0 effects. Most importantly, no rebound effects like other benzodiazepines. Dalmane got a bad rap because of reviews/books (like Valley of the Dolls) directed towards Valium. I’ve been using it 1X per week for 40 years and now find there is really no substitute, because you don’t suffer anxiety of not sleeping the next night. It’s goes against dogma of faddish medical practice for insomnia ( I.e. short-acting drugs) and these always give you a bad rebound effect, causing even more anxiety). This drug should be resurrected and given “orphan drug” status. In my 70s, I’m frustrated and sleepless in that I can’t break a bad sleep cycle- which Dalmane always did.”

Cat Man · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

“Previously I had been on Flurazepam for 22 years with zero side effects. I have been very successful with starting 2 businesses, authored a great book, traveled around the world building churches and medical clinics. However, with big Pharma discontinuing production of Flurazepam, my doctor has thus far prescribed 4 different sleep aids, including one for high blood pressure and another for repair of nerve damage, I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. So many side effects, if they don't find a sleep aid that has no or little side effects, I don't want to go on like this any longer. They've been prescribing different medications on me for over 3 months.”

Skysky October 20, 2019

“Been using flurazepan for over 20 years and it works wonders I take it together with 25 mg of amiytriptaline at bed time and I sleep the whole night I don’t feel hungover or have any other side effect next day. Now I can't find it anymore and I am really reaching out to know what work for you guys in the same situation I am taking temazepan and it is not working. I feel really terrible!! Please make it again!! I am also thinking about talking to a lawyer to reach everybody that is in my situation to do something about it.”

Shelly · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2020

“I have been taking Dalmane- Flurazepam- for over 25yrs. It has made an impossible life of panic attacks and phobias possible again. Now since it has been gone things have been so awful!! I found out through Mylan who by the way has been kind and helpful with information on released! I went to pharmacy today and they were surprised it was back. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. Here's the glitch. My Dr. informed me where as he has no problem with me taking 2 a night, since my regular dosage was 30mg. The FDA will not let him prescribe any sleep medicine now for more than one pill per night. PLEASE don't ever let this happen again!!!”

RWBF · Taken for 10 years or more October 27, 2019

“I was on 30mg of Dalmane nightly for insomnia since 1987. Same experience as others. The withdrawal has been terrible. Anxiety level is very high and my blood pressure (never an issue before) is very high despite high doses of Lisinoprin & Metoprolol. Mylan Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer for Dalmane. I last called around 10/7. They claim they will start making Dalmane again on 12/2. It should be available in pharmacies later in December. Temazepam is too short acting for me. I have been prescribed 30 mg at night. It kicks in about an hour later and helps me sleep. Then it wears off early the next day and the overwhelming anxiety starts. Doc has also added in .5 mg of Clonazepam to be taken in the morning but that doesn't seem to help at all. Good luck to everyone and hit up Mylan customer service with phone calls!”

Tvteacher50 · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2019

“I just returned from a 2 night stay in the hospital, due to Roche’s discontinuing Flurazepam. I was on it for 12 years, 15 to 30 mg for sleep and it worked well. Now, my life is a living nightmare due to the drug company negligence. My heart rate soared to 199, my blood pressure is 140 to 160, coming off cold turkey on this drug. They gave me metoprolol and a high blood pressure medication, but the anxiety, dread and withdrawal symptoms are so bad. Yes, Roche Pharmaecutical needs to be SUED in a class action lawsuit, for their callous disregard of the thousands of long term patients who were dependent on this medicine. If anyone files, let ME KNOW! I’d not wish this withdrawal on my worst enemy!!”

Wbiever · Taken for 10 years or more January 31, 2020

“I finally got a refill for 15MG after 4 months. I take two at bedtime, but it doesn't seem to put me to sleep as the one they made before. I don't know if the formula is the same. This is very frustrating.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 3, 2020

“I have been reading all the statements about Flurazapam not being available. My experience mirrors most of the statements. This has been so very hard not sleeping. To make matters worse I was put on a Cpap machine. We have even purchased a sleep number bed trying anything to relieve my insomnia. I have gotten some relief by taking gabapentin and amitriptyline with melatonin. I take extra melatonin after an hour or so of not being able to sleep and I have been getting some relief. My memory has been altered. My Dr even ordered an MRI of my brain to make sure something else might be causing my problems. I have made multiple trips to the pharmacy to see if Flurazapam is available. Temazepam doesn’t work for me at all. This has been hard on my marriage. My fibromyalgia seems worse without Flurazapam. I feel Mylan has done a terrible injustice to all of us! I’ve been told my insurance won’t cover Flurazapam now??? Why?”

ruf May 16, 2009

Dalmane (flurazepam): “I had chronic insomnia and the Doctor tried Ambien, Lunesta, and some other hypnotic which the name escapes me right now. Those drugs (for me anyway) are worthless. I would get up in morning and find a mess in kitchen, (I live alone) and no memory of fixing food. Furthermore, began having terrible dreams/nightmares. So Doctor tried me on Dalmane, he said it has been on market for many years. It worked great. No 'hangover'. Slept 6 hours straight for first time in months.”

QiQ January 4, 2020

“I've been on the Rx for over 20 years. I am a Senior citizen and have multiple serious and some severe health issue. Not having access to this drug as a refill on January 3, 2020 is putting my LIFE AT RISK! I know this as FACT. Mylan is absolutely liable. There is nothing that takes this long to create. I've put off surgery to even ensure that their projected date for refill would come before my surgery but they do not care about PEOPLE. Big Pharma doesn't CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!”

"Roger" April 18, 2010

Dalmane (flurazepam): “I'm a 30 year old male. I suffer from idiopathic, primary insomnia. Before Dalmane, I was a wreck. I could maybe seek out 2 or 3 hours of restless sleep per night. Awful. My doctor had had me on everything from Klonopin to Valium, and ALL the tricyclic antidepressants. We even tried some older drugs like Miltown, and Seconal. I've tried 30 prescription sleep aids over the years. Lunesta worked quite well, but only at 12mg, four times the recommended dose! Needless to say, that would break the bank. Then we tried Dalmane. I have been taking 30mg to 60mg, an hour before bedtime for the last 5 years (combined recently) with 22.5mg of Remeron. I sleep 8-9 hours every night, without fail! Any hangover is minor and actually gives me a welcome sense of calm. It's CHEAP, too!”

Dan · Taken for 10 years or more August 31, 2019

“I have taken flurazepam for over 30 years for chronic insomnia. I take it a few hours before bed , it's slow effect but works. I found out my biggest problem is anxiety so Dr put me on mirtazipine and that works very well for most nights. But if I had a very bad nerve racking day I have more confidence in flurazapam and take it . Now it's hard to get. I'm 64 and been on it periodically for over 30 years and now they want to stop it .Really makes me mad”

Lara · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2020

“OMG. I have been a chronic insomnia for over 20 years. The only drug that helped me was Dalmane. I had no side effects what so ever and I got a decent nights sleep on 15mg. Rarely took 30mg. I was on it for about 6 months and had no side effects coming off it. Last year I tried to get it again and the doctor said he wasn't allowed to prescribe it anymore and gave me xanax because the normal sleeping tablets do not agree with me. Now the xanax doesn't work and I so want to go on the Dalmane and can't get it. It's so frustrating. I'm so exhausted all the time. I'm at my wits end. I found Dalmane just perfect for me...”

Kiki · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

“I used to take 30 mg flurazepam nightly for chronic insomnia. Once it was taken off the market my Dr. tried many substitutes, all with drawbacks including ineffectiveness. I started taking Flurazepam again recently and am unimpressed. At 15 mg. it did nothing. I was awake the entire night. I tried it again the next night and still awake. The third night I bumped it to 30 mg. and finally drifted off after 4 hours of lying there wide awake. I'm not sure what to do next, but it's really disappointing that my old favorite doesn't help like it used to.”

diana_s · Taken for 10 years or more December 5, 2019

“I see that I am not the only one to contact a lawyer. When I learned it had been discontinued without notice to the public, doctors, or pharmacists, I requested a class action though the class actions website. Maybe enough of us did this to get them to bring it back and help people find it in the meantime. However, now they tell me there is another month's delay! I have very bad trigeminal neuralgia that is helped ONLY by sleep, and it is hard to get by with only one pill a night. Now I have only enough for one a night until December 20. I have asked my doctor to prescribe temazepam, although we tried it years ago and it made me feel knocked out and anxious the next day, and I see that it doesn't help others sleep. We are all victims of the manufacturer, Mylan. Maybe we should have that class action after all, although I wonder how I will survive to see it.”

Ann · Taken for 10 years or more December 7, 2019

“flurazepam is a wonderful sleeping pill; I took it for 29 years; it always worked and had no side effects for me — I'd wake up refreshed, and feeling calm; never had any problems with memory loss, dizziness, nor anything else. I'm having a terrible time now that it's not available. I called Mylan a few days ago and they've moved it's availability date back to January 2020. I tried temazepam (Restoril) once and couldn't walk around without holding on to the walls and furniture.”

guy · Taken for 10 years or more November 29, 2019

“Was on Dalmane for over forty year! Never had any negative reactions! I am 83 and was able to live, travel and generally enjoy life. My entire being has taken an awful turn! This is the worst health crisis I’ve had in my life up till now! Does anyone know if Dalmane is returning?”

Harry October 30, 2019

“I have been taking Flurazepam for over 40 years and it has been very helpful with insomnia and also anxiety. I have very few pills left so have tried Temazapam 15mg and 30mg and both doses have been pretty ineffective. I hope flurazepam does come back in December. Has anybody found a good substitute for Flurazepam?”

Learn more about Insomnia