User Reviews for Flurazepam

Insomnia   8.5

Reviews for Flurazepam

Holly · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2021

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: “I personally liked Dalmane, it served my anxiety very well also sleep problems. I am sorry Roche stopped making it. I was taking this med for over 20 years, never had any side affects”

Layla · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 17, 2020

For Insomnia: “I've been taking flurazepam as needed for over a year and can't get it anymore. I have no side effects whatsoever and I have one pill left. Flurazepam is a good drug and should be made available, I hope, soon. Does anybody know about this? Is Mylan making more of it? I sure hope so.”

Wayne · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “I took Dalmane for over 40 years when taken off market in 2019 my doctor put me on temazepam, zoldipem neither of these were any good. I then took tranxene until was able to get back on flurazepam 30 mg. In April 2020 not the same medicine as before only get 3 to 4 hours sleep”

Kiki · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “I used to take 30 mg flurazepam nightly for chronic insomnia. Once it was taken off the market my Dr. tried many substitutes, all with drawbacks including ineffectiveness. I started taking Flurazepam again recently and am unimpressed. At 15 mg. it did nothing. I was awake the entire night. I tried it again the next night and still awake. The third night I bumped it to 30 mg. and finally drifted off after 4 hours of lying there wide awake. I'm not sure what to do next, but it's really disappointing that my old favorite doesn't help like it used to.”

DJM55 · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: “Dalmane in my experience is a "dirty" benzodiazepine like Librium. It lasts far too long and has a nasty next-day hangover. Its metabolites accumulate over time and made me fuzzy and forgetful. I wouldn't even recommend it for a short time. There's a reason it was discontinued by Roche, and only a couple generics exist. If you need a benzodiazepine sleeping aid, I would opt for a short course of temazepam or lorazepam, or even diazepam/Valium.”

chicken Boo · Taken for 10 years or more May 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “it's not fair flurazapam was an excellent drug for sleep and now Mylan has changed the recipe to weaken the drug and they think no one can tell what they have done and that they are very wrong. Other weaker benoz's are now more effective than the once highly praised flurazapam.”

Luke · Taken for 10 years or more April 9, 2020

For Insomnia: “I was on flurazapm for forty five years. I took 15 mg every night! Sometimes I would take them before bedtime and and other times in the middle of the night! Never had a problem with after effects and woke up each day ready to go! I could travel anywhere, anytime! Anytime except when I went to pick them up last November. O.M.G. the big stock problem Under the guidance of a pharmacologist I am now on my fifth month of a withdrawal program! So tempted to go back to my former self and not put myself through this ordeal! The worst part is the tinnitus which is constant. Thank God the volume differs each day! Now that I’ve gone so long It going to stick with it for at least another four or five months! At 83 years old I wonder if it’s worth it. I am afraid that they might stop producing it again! Anyone out there going through withdrawal. I am presently weaning off lorazepam. Luke”

Driven March 29, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Flurazepam for more than 10 yrs. It saved my life during peri menopause.”

BB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Insomnia: “I also find the new batch of fluorazepan not as effective as what I used before they discontinued it.”

JustBob · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2020

For Insomnia: “Like others here, I had been on Flurazepam 30 mg for decades. After many sleep tests, this was the only one that actually helped me. Until it went off the market. After the long delayed re-appearance recently was reported, I kept checking with my pharmacy for a while. I use a CVS here in Massachusetts. No luck. But finally, and I hope it helps others, I was told by someone at CVS that their system does not order a supply until there is an Rx order from a customer / doctor. I had been waiting for availability before I asked my doc to send the Rx. But I found out that the CVS wouldn't get any before there was an Rx. Sigh. So I told all this to the doc, and she sent an Rx, and a couple days later I got the pills. Fist time in over a half year that I've gotten sleep for more than 3.5 hours. And it has worked for two nights now. Good luck to others. Hope this helps.”

Timmy · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 17, 2020

For Insomnia: “I am bipolar with severe insomnia. I rotate between temazepam, and dalmane so body doesn't get to used too it. With dalmane I can take less compared to the other, and get a better sleep at 30mg. No grogginess, just a good night sleep”

Jerry · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

For Insomnia: “I had been on 30 mg dose of Flurazepam for over thirty years to help me get a good night's sleep. I've suffered from fibromyalgia for many years, and Flurazepam is the ONLY prescribed medication which has helped me to break the cycle of sleeplessness and bodily pain. When Mylan Labs put it, inexplicably, on back order in 2019, I went through a period of intense fibromyalgic pain and discomfort. THANK GOODNESS Mylan Labs in Canonsburg, PA, has begun production of it again as of last week for the 30mg dosage!”

Wbiever · Taken for 10 years or more January 31, 2020

For Insomnia: “I finally got a refill for 15MG after 4 months. I take two at bedtime, but it doesn't seem to put me to sleep as the one they made before. I don't know if the formula is the same. This is very frustrating.”

Lara · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2020

For Insomnia: “OMG. I have been a chronic insomnia for over 20 years. The only drug that helped me was Dalmane. I had no side effects what so ever and I got a decent nights sleep on 15mg. Rarely took 30mg. I was on it for about 6 months and had no side effects coming off it. Last year I tried to get it again and the doctor said he wasn't allowed to prescribe it anymore and gave me xanax because the normal sleeping tablets do not agree with me. Now the xanax doesn't work and I so want to go on the Dalmane and can't get it. It's so frustrating. I'm so exhausted all the time. I'm at my wits end. I found Dalmane just perfect for me...”

teddy b · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

For Insomnia: “Was on Dalmane for only 5 weeks but it really helped me sleep. The doctor was sure to gradually, slowly ween me off. Dalmane was good for insomnia.. I do not sleep well, but glad I am not addicted. Xanax and Klonopin are VERY addictive.”

Dutch · Taken for 10 years or more January 19, 2020

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: “I’ve used Dalmane for many years, but only occasionally. It does work very well. I take it about a half hour before bedtime. I tend to use it when I have something that throws my usual schedule off. I’m sure anxiety is a major factor. I’ve never taken it more than two nights in a row. My usual month entails taking it twice, if that, so I get a small supply at my annual physical.”

Shelly · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Dalmane- Flurazepam- for over 25yrs. It has made an impossible life of panic attacks and phobias possible again. Now since it has been gone things have been so awful!! I found out through Mylan who by the way has been kind and helpful with information on released! I went to pharmacy today and they were surprised it was back. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. Here's the glitch. My Dr. informed me where as he has no problem with me taking 2 a night, since my regular dosage was 30mg. The FDA will not let him prescribe any sleep medicine now for more than one pill per night. PLEASE don't ever let this happen again!!!”

Anna S · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “I took flurazepam 15mg every night for 29 years until it became unavailable. It worked well and I never had any side effects. When it became unavailable I had severe withdrawal effects only partly controlled by alprazolam, Recently flurazepam became available again and I have taken it twice at bedtime; unfortunately this new batch causes very bad stomach pain and back pain -- I never had anything like that before in the 29 years I took it. It might be from China or India, but there's no way to find out because the drug manufacturers are not required to make that information available. I'm wondering if anybody else has had a similar reaction to the new product.”

Shaky · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “Helps me fall asleep. But I have shaking legs . Not sure if from the medication or anxiety in general. Anyone else get shaky legs and it's hard to get anything done.??”

Hare · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2020

For Insomnia: “I was on Flurazepam for 55 years I had no idea it was discontinued until I went for a refill, I ended up in the Hospital dehydrated, low blood pressure calcium way down about to lose my mind. I am still struggling, but after reading this I am hopeful I can get some more soon. PS I used Temazepam but doesn't do much. ”

law · Taken for 10 years or more January 6, 2020

For Insomnia: “I also had been taking Flurazepam, not necessarily nightly, but when I had to get up early, and needed to be ready to go without any kind of "drug hangover". I still had refills left in July 2019 but was unable to refill them. I was forced to try other meds for sleep issues. Temazepam did not work, and Ambien 5mg works great for SIX hours so if I head to bed before 11 p.m., I've noticed over time that six hours later, I am wide awake and there is no falling asleep again, even if it is it 5 a.m. or even 4:15 a.m. Nothing fun about this. Maybe my BP will settle down when I can finally get a good night's sleep. Hoping this medication will be available soon.”

QiQ January 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “I've been on the Rx for over 20 years. I am a Senior citizen and have multiple serious and some severe health issue. Not having access to this drug as a refill on January 3, 2020 is putting my LIFE AT RISK! I know this as FACT. Mylan is absolutely liable. There is nothing that takes this long to create. I've put off surgery to even ensure that their projected date for refill would come before my surgery but they do not care about PEOPLE. Big Pharma doesn't CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!”

Insomniac27 · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “This is a terrible thing they should have known this when they took so many people off Dalmane in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s who went through terrible benzodiazepine withdrawal due to the drugs very long half life nothing can make me sleep like flurazepam 30 mg. Other than a barbiturate derived medication. During this shortage I’ve found I’ve been able to have my pharmacist order them from West-Ward pharmaceuticals thank god I went 2 months without this medication when they withdrew the brand name Dalmane somewhere a little after 2010 and it was terrible if you need this medication and there aren’t really any other options you should be able to have it if used correctly it gives me restful sleep ever night.”

Jojo · Taken for 10 years or more January 3, 2020

For Insomnia: “Just checked with my pharmacy. Flurazepam 15 mg has been released and they are waiting for delivery. Best of luck to all!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 3, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have been reading all the statements about Flurazapam not being available. My experience mirrors most of the statements. This has been so very hard not sleeping. To make matters worse I was put on a Cpap machine. We have even purchased a sleep number bed trying anything to relieve my insomnia. I have gotten some relief by taking gabapentin and amitriptyline with melatonin. I take extra melatonin after an hour or so of not being able to sleep and I have been getting some relief. My memory has been altered. My Dr even ordered an MRI of my brain to make sure something else might be causing my problems. I have made multiple trips to the pharmacy to see if Flurazapam is available. Temazepam doesn’t work for me at all. This has been hard on my marriage. My fibromyalgia seems worse without Flurazapam. I feel Mylan has done a terrible injustice to all of us! I’ve been told my insurance won’t cover Flurazapam now??? Why?”