User Reviews for Fludrocortisone to treat Addison's Disease

Brand names: Florinef, Florinef Acetate

Fludrocortisone has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Addison's Disease. 71% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 14% reported a negative experience.

Fludrocortisone rating summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Addison's Disease.

Klara · Taken for 2 to 5 years · December 19, 2021

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) "I cannot cope without this wonder medicine... I live living a natural life but I have found that this medicine is difference between survival and quality of life... Vs just hoping to make it through the day."

Parsnips · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 20, 2020

"I have Addison’s disease I always took hydrocortisone barely gave me back my life but relied upon it. Took Fludrocortisone 0.1 mg as a new prescription 1/2 am & 1/2 pm. Right away it made me feel very dizzy spinning around constantly like vertigo, nausea graduating to dry heaves to vomiting, my eyes felt like they were bulging out of my skull with eye/head pain white outs, and lastly I lost feeling or sensation everything was numb. I have been off meds almost a week and I still experience side effects. I did have more energy or feeling like a normal person but with all these constant reactions I was better off staying on Hydrocortisone 30 mg per day"

Very misdiagnosed · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 4, 2020

"Blood tests showed low aldosterone (Hypoaldosteronism) which had been causing dizziness so doctor added .1mg of fludrocortisone in addition to the hydrocortisone to combat fatigue associated with adrenal insufficiency. Slight headaches occasionally but blood pressure is still very normal overall."

junebug · Taken for less than 1 month · November 23, 2020

"been on fludrocortisone for two weeks' and my low blood pressure is much better but I do have trouble swallowing and my eyes tear a lot but I'll take that to stay out of ER, as I was going at least once a month when my pressure would drop very low."

Anonymous · July 29, 2009

Florinef Acetate (fludrocortisone) "Works like a charm and I have zero side effects. I feel much better."

Greywolfz · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 7, 2016

"I have found that I have had no side effects from this & it has helped me greatly..."

Happy Days · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 12, 2019

"Medication gave me SEVERE joint pain, making It so that I could not walk without a cane or crutches until I weaned off the medication."

Hollywood · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 26, 2021

"It works really good but they are taking me off prednisone so it doesent have the same effect"

Learn more about Addison's Disease