User Reviews for Subsys

Learn more about Subsys.

Subsys Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Breakthrough Pain.

Reviews for Subsys to treat Breakthrough Pain

"I had pelvic surgery from the best uro/ gyn surgeon in the Houston area. He royally meshed up my surgery leaving me with pelvic anuryzm. My pain is at 10+/24-7 without meds. I have not found any meds that would bring the pain below a 7 before I found Subsys. My only issue with Subsys is it only last 3hrs......never more. My Dr. Has me on 800mcg. He is very careful and will not increase it. Subsys is great....it's just not a free for all."

Diane D. September 8, 2016

"I was given Subsys as a replacement for 30mg instant release OxyContin. 800mcg 4x per day instead of 4x 30mg OxyContin. My usual opiate regimen is 3x 80mg OxyContin, which has been at this level for 16 years now. Combined with the 4x 800mcg Subsys my pain is controlled more than ever has been (since 1990 when it began), but the dosage is so strict that there are times when I have to live with unbearable break through pain for up to 8 hours. Is my pain under control? Yes, but I live with a pain level of 7-7.5 24/7/365. Without Subsys my pain would be unbearable."

KosmoInNYC May 9, 2016

"Works in just a few minutes. I like the spray in place of the Fentanyl sub-lingual tabs. I like Sub-Sys made by INSYS Pharm. I know I have been on these type med's for 20 yrs."

King O' Pain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2015

"Works for the flares better than the rest of the medicines I've tried."

Deeeeeeerrrttttttttttto0 October 15, 2014

"My PCP doc had increased the amount of Oxycontin I take from 2 to 3 a day when they changed the formula in order to get the same amount of relief. The down side was he said I was maxed out on my pain meds now and took away my meds for break through pain. He suggested seeing a pain management doctor after a car accident that was making break through pain unbearable. The pain doc started me on a P-STIM and wanted me to try the Subsys. With such severe pain I agreed to it. I will never look back at my decision to try it as it has been a life saver for me and will take my pain from a 10 to a 2 very quickly. The only set back I can see is you have to wait a 1/2 hour before you can do another spray."

Dave 52 September 4, 2014

"I was prescribed Subsys after being on the fentanyl patch for 6 months, 100 every 48 hours and as my cancer progressed and treatments happened, which caused more pain, I needed something for breakthrough pain really bad, I would be put down to my knees from the pain and just lay in my bed moaning like a child but Subsys works within minutes, eases the pain where I can feel it just literally fade away. I'd be in a wheelchair without it, or bedridden. "

Almost free (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014