User Reviews for Byetta

Diabetes, Type 2
7.9

Summary of Byetta reviews 7.9 81 reviews

Reviews for Byetta

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was put on Byetta about two years ago, it had helped lower my blood sugar as well as my A1C level, not to mention it's helped me lose a lot of weight."

Sea bug (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I tried Metformin and that did NOT work for me! I tried it 6 different times. Same awful side affects each time! So, my doctor put me on Byetta. I've been on it for a month plus. I've been SO exhausted since I've started Byetta! I feel grouchy as heck and just weird! After reading that it may cause thyroid cancer and pancreatic cancer, I stopped!! It also gave me weird palpitations!! It has taken 3 days of being off of it but I feel MUCH better!! My energy is returning and I don't feel loopy and weird!! I will just stick with taking Chromium and Berberine ( under my docs care). Those controlled my blood sugar just fine. They're expensive but zero side affects. I only had to pay $25 out of pocket for this. It's a $730 drug YIKES!"

bestmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "my diabetes educator gave me all the info on byetta but my doctor won't prescribe it. I'm dying here as I get fatter and suffer numbers as high as 26 ..."

deb8ken February 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "10 months and 36 kilos lighter sugar controlled hba1c 5.8 amazing medicine take byetta and metformin"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just started Byetta this week. No nausea! I am tired but only in the evening. I usually sleep 7 hours a night, and during this first week am sleeping 9 hours a night. I am eating FAR less and feeling completely satisfied. I am HOPEFUL..."

photogalSeattle July 28, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug put me in hospital with pancreatitis - twice, I felt like I was dying. I talked my doctor into prescribing it, wish it would have worked, it was good for weight loss ."

bobbybell May 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Numbness on the leg after injection from the knee cap to nearly the groin and around the side of the leg"

Jude waite March 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have being on Byetta 5mcg&Lantus 3mths I've had constant nausea which varies in severity. I haven't had a reduction of bgl they are still quiet high; I am not at all sure whether both meds have really worked for me over the past 3mths&my diabetic educator thinks the same&my endocrinologist will most likely change my meds altogether next review. In one week i'm going on 10mcg...I hope that it works but not holding my breath - I've never had the brilliant results that others on here have had - the nausea has never gone away but the earlier dizziness did...although it hasn't worked for me I believe that it's worth trying, I did have hopes that worked for me, there are other meds & I will get my bgl's in a normal range&lower my HbA1c"

aussie-girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have being taking Byetta & Lantus for 3mths, i'm allergic to metformin. my blood glucose has been very high 22.8 being the highest & average 12-13 now the highest is 18.2 average 10-14 fasting morning readings 9-10 which is still very high - i'm ambivalent with my feelings of byetta - i am disappointed as I really thought it would work brilliantly for me...i've always had nausea as the main side-effect it's severity varies somedays it's shocking other days dissipates with a ginger tea but it's never not being there! I have a review with my GP which will up byetta to 10mcg & then reveiw with endocrinlogist 2mths where he might restart me on a brand new protocol - - which might be a good thing - - as this clearly isn't working"

aussie_girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started my Byetta experience in August of 2012 wearing a size 18/20 and standing at 5'2. Before April of 2013 I was wearing a size 14. I was feeling good, looking good, and energized! I had nausea but it didn't last it took two weeks to go away. I experienced the thinning of my hair and hair loss with a different texture so I stopped Byetta because that was a No No for me to lose my hair. When I stopped the Byetta I gained more weight than I lost but my hair grew back and the texture was never the same again but I tell you this; I choose Byetta over hair loss, I just wear a short pretty hairstyle. On Byetta, my A1C has gone from 8.4 to 6.9!"

Energized43 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "As a prediabetic, I am anxious to not hit a "tipping point" into full diabetes. I asked my GP for Vitroza, but could only get insurance to cover Byetta. Three weeks later and 25 pounds less, I am thrilled. I still lap swim 3 times a week and lift weights with no hunger or sweet cravings. Also I inject in my thigh with no side effects. WHEW! Thanks Byetta!!"

upandready (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used Byetta just to lose weight in 2012. I lost 24pds then and really loved my size. After loosing the weight since I wasn't diabetic I got off of it. So many months later I started to gain the weight back. I decided to start back on it several times but it didn't work with the weight loss . I'm back on it again for a month now and I'm exercising with it but, hadn't dropped any weight. I'm on 10mg. I don't have nausea and when I did it lasted only a couple of days. Any one have any suggestions. Annoynomous"

Annoynomous (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started byetta in mid October 5mgs at first. Moved on to 10mgs from mid November. I almost finished that pen now but I have had no nausea or any other side effects, no weight loss, no difference in my food intake, no diff in my sugar levels. #sad face."

Fatzz December 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine saved my life sugar is now under control after major surgery and a poorly functional pancrease"

Saunde December 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Byetta has helped me lose 32 lbs in 63 days. I have kept my sugar levels in the 100 range since starting this medicine. I was 253 pounds at 5 foot 9. Diabetes was not something I ever thought I would get but my glucose numbers were in the 300 range and fasting they were 250! The doctor put me on byetta and metphormin. I will be honest, at first, I ate the same bad foods and was throwing up every time! Now, I keep my sugar grams to 22 grams a day and 110 grams of carbs. Once I controlled the sugar and carbs, the nausea stopped! You just need to re-train your brain! My eyes wanted to get lots of food but I couldn't eat it after byetta! Just know your body and if it's too much, tell your doctor."

Kellyboo3 October 14, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I switched to Byetta just over a week ago from novorapid insulin after some weight gain. From the start I have had some nausea but nothing I couldn't handle and I can't eat as much as I always seem full so I am starting to lose weight already so that is a positive. The negatives are that my levels are too high and this is causing my vision to be blurry and it is making it difficult for me to drive also in the morning I feel really lethargic which makes it difficult to concentrate at work. I have also noticed my skin feels dry especially my lips . I am due to go back to my specialist after 4 weeks but I am not sure if I will continue. I am currently on Byetta 5mcg morning and night and lantus 20 units plus metformin 1000 twice a day"

JET2966 August 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Today was my first day on Byetta . I can't stand the nausea . Feel carsick, have a headache and jittery . I am on 5mcg hoping it gets better I'm supposed to take my metformin and glyburide too but sick. Not sure how I'm going to be able to work like this. If it doesn't get better in a day or two I will talk to my Dr"

mnorma1380 May 16, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My endocrinologist gave me a sharp warning a year ago. He told me that if I did not lose weight immediately I would become diabetic and have to go on insulin. Through sheer force of will and terror I lost a lot of weight last year. My blood tests were looking fantastic. Unfortunately I just could not lose more weight this year. My doctor put me on Byetta a month ago. My mind is made up not to eat sugary foods or highly refined carbs. I have lost 4 kgs in a month. Since April last year I am 17kgs lighter and feel so many good effects. I am determined to lose another big chunk of weight this year. The Byetta definitely takes away the appetite. I literally can't eat too much. I think it's great. The side effects are minimal."

Colldoll May 2, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I dropped a Jean size. My close relatives say they have noticed some weight loss results. The nausea is awful when I eat unhealthy food. So I stick to my fruits, vegetables and lean meat. I cut out bread, white rice and other bad carbohydrates out of my diet. I only have half a cup serving of brown rice. For breakfast, I choose to eat fruits as I am a full time university student and I don't need to feel nauseated. For lunch I have a small meal, then in the evening I either eat fruits/veggies or nothing. I drink so much water...I am always thirsty lately. Again, the water seems to drain out the nausea and occasionally diarrhoea from bad food choices. I will keep you updated on my journey! In all honesty, I feel so good now ."

Thato Lethokoe (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on it for ten years sugars are normal now. Plus the first seven months I lost 100 lbs. In the 10 years since weight has stabilized at 90 lbs loss. NEVER came back. 5'7" 148 lbs, can eat too!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 17, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Byetta for 2 years & it is fine except the nausea in the morning after the injection so my doctor told me to have it 15 minutes before my breakfast & it works wonders. No more nausea. I also have it 15 minutes before dinner also. My weight stays the same as I am not overweight."

Helani (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on the 5mcg and increased to 10. Had the usual nausea and lost about ten pounds. A1c leveled out in the high 6's to low 7's. Got ugly last fall/winter and dropped another 35 lbs. BMI is now normal with 65 lbs lost from an initial 235lb start. Have been having a problem with low (50'5 and 60's) sugars within 2 hrs of injection/eating. This started 3 months after the latest weight loss. I was forced to sugar load with glucose and fruits to counteract the Byetta and stopped it last week (just too dangerous. I am going to ask to be put on the time release and then adjust the Glucophage to try to get a stable dial in. Testing like a mad dog my fingers are a mess. If the time release doesn't cut it I will try going back to 5mcg."

muleemon (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started with Byetta Sept. 2012 and used until March 2013. A1C went from 7.5 to 6.1 and my morning fasting # went from 160s to 90s. I lost approx. 60 lbs. The main complaint was being sick to my stomach. It wasn't so much of a problem on the 5 but really bad on the 10. I had planned to just tough it out because the results were so good, but I mentioned it to my endocrinologist and she switched me to the once-a-week Bydureon. (Same drug but a slow release) Totally cleared up the side effects."

flutemon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Byetta since August last year and except for some nausea and slight constipation have found it to be a miracle for me. My sugar levels have improved and also have halved my blood pressure medication. Also my eyesight has improved greatly. I have lost 30kg and am feeling great. Thanks Byetta!"

Lyndylou July 3, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Brought my A1C's down, as well as weight loss gradually."

Alice592 June 29, 2013