Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 10, 2022.
- Initiate BYETTA at 5 mcg administered subcutaneously twice daily at any time within the 60-minute period before the morning and evening meals (or before the two main meals of the day, approximately 6 hours or more apart). Do not administer after a meal.
- Based on clinical response, the dose of BYETTA can be increased to 10 mcg twice daily after 1 month of therapy.
- Administer as a subcutaneous injection in the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm.
- Inspect visually for particulate matter and discoloration. Only use BYETTA if the solution appears clear, colorless, and contains no particles.
- Do not mix BYETTA with insulin. Do not transfer BYETTA from the pen to a syringe or a vial.
- If a dose is missed, resume the treatment regimen as prescribed with the next scheduled dose.
More about Byetta (exenatide)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (81)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.