User Reviews for Bydureon

Learn more about Bydureon.

Bydureon Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Bydureon to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I was worried about side effects after reading the reviews online, but happy to report that my side effects were very minimal. I actually really liked what bydureon did for my blood sugars and my weight loss. It also curbed my appetite without giving me really really bad heartburn. Unfortunately that's where the good news ends for me. I have a few doses left but I just can't take the pain. It is a significantly wider needle than Tanzeum that I was on before (can't afford it anymore), and the actual injection hurts a lot. I find that I have to inject a little at a time. Not to mention that prepping the injection is a pain in the @$$. As soon as they figure out a better different delivery system I wouldn't hesitate to get back on Bydureon."

frostedfreckles March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started on the weekly injection after oral hypoglycaemic tablets stopped controlling my Blood Sugar Level (BSL). The effect was pretty much instant. Within two weeks my BSL had normalised and I had lost weight. I am still on track and have lost 6 kegs in 3 months. Some tips from me: Take the injection out of the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to mixing and injecting it mixes better and doesn't hurt to inject. Take an anti-nausea to medication 30 minutes prior to the injection and take the injection at night before you go to bed. Eat small regular food 6 times a day with high fat (fat has no glycaemic index) moderate protein(90gm /day) and low carb (<100gms day). All this has helped me feel and look good, lose weight and have normal BSL."

HaydeeC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far I am very pleased with my results from taking Bydureon for some 4 months. I have lost 8 kgs and my Hba1C has gone from 8.9 to 7. I have lumps but they do gradually go after a period of time, have had some bruising also. My main concern is the nausea which I still experience spasmodically and absolute lack of appetite. Certain foods I only have to look at and it is a real turn off. But I will put up with all the above as I have finally lost some weight by eating minute amounts 6 times a day and my Blood Sugars are the lowest they have been for approximately 3 years and it is so rewarding to hear friends say "you have lost weight, you look great""

Denny from Australia (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Update... I have been on bydureon for 6 weeks now my weight loss is 23 lbs. I exercise on a regular basis and follow a low carb diet. I have to say I am very pleased with my progress."

Lorrie44 March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes 4 years ago, and had several different brands of tablet medication but had side effects in one form or another. Nothing seemed to control my sugar levels. The last 2 years I had been on metformin 500mg tablets morning and night, with 30 mg of diamicron. My sugar spiralled up to between 13 & 21 and a burning when urinating. Saw my GP and was given treatment for infection but was to no avail. Doctor saw my various tablet combinations I have had over the years, and recommended me trying Bydureon 2mg weekly injection and it has absolutely changed my life. Been taking for 4 months now, no burning urinating, my sugar now stable, 5.2 & 7.1, lost 20kg, more energy, no side affects at all. To me it's a WONDER drug"

DB ADEL March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Within 2 weeks saw blood glucose more than half to good levels I've not seen for years (literally) no major side effects - felt sick twice within a day or two of first dose but apart from that all ok. Injecting in fatty tissue of stomach hardly any pain. Very well designed device and needle almost painless. I would recommend this for T2s who have gone to max on oral meds and need that extra help, this really is the magic bullet for me. I can handle weekly injections but not daily that's too much imho."

Johng1960s March 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking bydureon for the 7 weeks. At first I was very hesitatant to use a needle for self injection. I've gotten over the fear and now this is what I can say. On weight lost I have dropped some 13lbs over the 7 weeks. It has really curbed my desire to eat food. I'm still waiting for the medicine to start to work and see lower blood sugar ratings. I have one more 4 pack to go and then off to check A1C. Side effects; the bumps have shown up and I have two of them. I'm hoping they go away as estimated in the next month or so. I seem to burp a lot and I don't know if anyone experienced this but for the first couple of weeks I had very little energy in the evening. So I'll update when I get my results in 5 weeks."

Bellgang (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this to take in addition to my Metformin to help get my high Insulin levels under control and to assist with weight loss( in conjunction with intermittent fasting and a mediterranean low carb diet) Since September 2016 I have lost 35 lbs with no additional exercise. I take the Bydureon on a Sunday night and then due to the decreased appetite I fast on Mondays until dinner and then skip breakfast all other days and just eat 2 meals a day which consists of a low carb mediterranean diet. The bydureon has a slight burning sensation during injection but after that no symptoms at all. I use an ice pack on the injection sight for 15mins post injection to prevent knots/lumps and this has worked well for me. Blood tests show improvements"

Nyxx17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on bydureon because I dont produce enough insulin. I took my fifth injection just on Monday and with diet and exercize I have so far lost 17 lbs. I am very happy I have this to aid in my weight loss. oh and so far no side effects."

Lorrie44 February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This med worked well for the first 6 weeks. I had lost about 20 lbs and liked that part. The next 4 or 5 shots didn't seem like it did anything. The lumps remained though. After about a month off the drug the lumps started to go away and the sulfur burps, stomach cramps, constipation, nausea and intermittent diarrhea took over. I was sick about 2 months as the lumps slowly dissolved. It took another 3 months before I felt normal again. I think the med didn't dissolve like it should have. Then it all released at once and made me sick. Also the needle was HUGE and a pain to get ready. I switched to Trulicity lately and am having good results."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After becoming allergic to Metformin for my type 2 diabetes, I began taking the Bydureon 2mg shot once weekly. I've been on it for 10 months now & must say it has changed my life. My A1C is now 5 ... *claps* My side effects have been: knots at the injection site and sulfur burps ... *ack* But overall I'm thrilled with Bydureon."

Darby Rose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on bydureon for 3 injections. I was put on it to aid with weight loss cause my body doesn't produce enough insulin. I'm so happy no side effects so far, I lost 8lbs in 2 weeks and 4 days. I'm also excersizing with the injections and eating right. I'm happy I have something to help the weight loss."

Herqween (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"on insulin and bydueron 2 mg been on it 8 months been ok but last month severe vomiting diarrhea. I don't eat for 2-4 days at all now smell of food gives me projectile vomiting. I stopped today"

raj chabra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking his medicine for about four months now. When I started it I was also taking janumet everyday and the shot once a week. Everything was great until the 3rd month. Started having a lot of lows. Lowest so far was 31. Ended up in the ER a few times. Made another visit to my doctor that checked my A1C and it was down from 9 to a 7 in 4 months. She took me off the janumet but I'm still having lows just not as many. When I'm not having lows, I average around 140. I have lost about 15 lbs. I'm never hungry anymore. Other than the low blood sugar sometimes, it's seems to helping a lot. Hopefully I can figure out how to stop bottoming out."

Coreyt December 31, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After 10 years on Oral medications for Type 2, I was finally advised to go on injectable Bydureon. I am adverse to needles and never injected before. I have been injecting for 3 weeks. First week, was trial with no issues to report. Second week, I had a injection sight reaction- some bruising which faded over a number of days. Third week, no issues. I have not seen most of the negative side effects. No sickness, No Nausea. I did notice that the medicine makes you feel full, but it did not take away my appetite. I had did have some mild heart burn. Not sure if it is associated. The Pen/Needle is larger and a little more intimidating. I have not seen any significant improvement in my glucose control at this point."

New Patient (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on Bydureon for 11 weeks during well on it have lost 13 lbs since I been on it."

Black Cherry December 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on this drug for three weeks. Nothing. Weight dropped a couple pounds in week 2, but went back up. Blood sugar readings do not show any improvement. So does it really take 6-7 weeks before blood sugars drop and weight loss starts?"

Sugarless November 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used this Pen 5 months and so far I have more energy, sugars lower. Feel better overall. A little bleeding from injection, but I can live with that. AIC pending but I know it will be much better. Definitely worth a try."

Doug1959 November 22, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This will be my 4th Shot and taking Metformin 1000mgs daily I have lost some weight which is a Positive hope to lose more but so far the shot is Good no side effects at this time !"

CountrySwag (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Bydueron 10 weeks ago. I was fine the first 6 weeks. On week 7, I became extremely ill. Vomiting, explosive diarrhea, gas pains and bloating like never before, long flatulence every few minutes (how embarrassing!), and sulfur-tasting belching (like rotten eggs). Endo dr. said it wasn't the med. I went to my primary doctor because I wasn't sure if it was a virus. All of my tests came back negative. Third week, same thing. I decided not to take the injection and notified endo. She told me to stop metformin and resume shot. Last week, had shot and condition worsened. She finally told me to stop the injections. It's been four weeks of suffering. Not worth it! This stuff is poison to me!"

Marillian November 10, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"On Bydureon since January 2016. The most significant problem from the beginning r the small hard lumps at inj.site. It has improved since I 1st began. I find the plunger is difficult to press down firmly. Tap gently 20x then 1/4 turn till 80 to mix. It's recm'd to hold in place for 10secs. I put my foot on a low step stool to firmly keep a 45 degree angle from hip to knee. For mths no symptoms only lumps. Now I'm here sharing my story bcuz I'm suspicious it's responsible for these bouts w/severe nausea w/VERY LOUD STOMACH/GUT NOISES. I'm taking Metformin too. I've lost 53lbs.Size 14 to 8. A1C pending. Can't confirm nausea/growling stomach/belching r caused by it. Stopped ALL WHITE FOODS/MOST SUGAR. Need2know if I'm hurting myself 2b cont'd"

Rawkluvah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my second post. I took the once weekly shot for 12 weeks. At week 9 I started having diarrhea. The "get to the bathroom fast" kind. Also had sulfur burps. I did not take the 13th shot when it was due 4 days ago, per Drs order, to see of diarrhea would stop. It hasn't. How long does this stay in your system? I wish I had never started this medication."

Billsdeb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Second time Dr, put me on bydureon. Been on for 6 weeks this time and my sugar level hasn't been below 200 except twice. Lost a few lbs. No side effects. I feel ok but want sugar level back in the 100s when I was taking the another med which was worked great. The only reason I am off that med is because the military switched do to cost (budget). I need to get my A1c check."

Pacman321 October 4, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Bydurion, one shot a week, for 12 weeks. All seemed to be going well until the past two weeks when I have experienced sulfa burps (rotten egg smell, gas, and diarrhea. I never know when it will hit. It usually lasts two or three days, (and nights so I'm lacking sleep) then I have a few good days before it starts all over again. I have lost some weight and my blood sugars are down, sometimes too low. But, I am wondering if these bouts of burps, gas and diarrhea are worth it."

Billsdeb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One year using this crap. I'm a little overweight and it takes 4 or 5 attempts to finish the injection. Tonight it took six and then I hurled it across the room. The oversized, painful needle clogs with fat and stops up. NO MORE!"

Rodababe (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016