User Reviews for Bydureon

Diabetes, Type 2
6.6

Summary of Bydureon reviews 6.7 222 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Bydureon for about two years. In the first few months I noticed a significant weight reduction, but with annoying flatulence and regurgitation. Over the next few years, my weight barely changed. Blood sugar has gone down, but not yet satisfactory. In some injections, when a vein is injured, it bleeds so bad that I fear that the drug is partially flushed out again. Now, in recent months, I am getting skin lesions of various kinds and I am getting significant listlessness. My doctor had discontinued the drug for four months and the lack of drive disappeared and I was back to my normal self. Since I inject Bydureon again, the listlessness also reappeared."

Basti (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This is an effective medication in controlling my blood sugar. I have missed a routine dose by four days before and had an a.m. blood sugar in the low 80’s. However it is not user friendly. I am a RN and have done both ER and home health nursing. I have taken care of many patients for who would never be able to handle the medication prep nor the less than straight forward injection. Also of note, at several of my injection sites, I have developed hard knots that have yet to be absorbed. I would not advise that this medication be prescribed for frail or the elderly, the visually impaired, those who have difficulty with fine motor movements or people who have some short term memory problems. Last but certainly not the least this medication is ridiculously expensive and it most likely will not be covered by your insurance. Cost of this medication for me was almost $300.00 a month."

Soupy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

"Started bydureon six weeks ago. I do not have sugar problems nor have I ever. This drug was prescribed to me as a appetite suppressant and to assist with weight lost. Started bydureon weighing 205lb, six weeks later I currently weigh in at 186lb. There are side effects such as nausea, diarrhea and hard lumps at injection site, however the benefits outweigh those side effects."

MC242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband took his 7th injection of Bydureon in early June 2018 within 24 hours he became very ill. Extreme nausea and vomiting dizziness excessive heartburn and burping, he also passed out without warning. It is now mid September and every 2-3 weeks all those side effects are still there just like flipping on a light switch. He will feel fine and then all the sudden without warning he can't function the sickness is beyond extreme, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW LONG THESE SIDE EFFECTS CAN LAST?"

Worried (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been bloated, with constipation, nausea and eating issues for the 4 weeks I have been on the drug. I am stopping and looking for another alternative. No comment on effectiveness."

Type 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "To Brownie... I have taken Bydureon for 3 months and had some symptoms like yours. I also had a dull ache upper right abdomen under ribs. Mine also is not gallbladder, liver, or pancreas. I felt sick, nauseated, had periodic vomiting, no energy, nodules at injection sites, itching, cellulitis, burping, bloating and in general have to force myself to do things. I stopped taking Bydureon 2 weeks ago, and am starting to feel better. I still have the nausea and bloating. When I started I was told side effects decrease after 2 weeks, but I felt worse the longer I took it. It did decrease my readings, from the 300’s to the 150’s...still not that great but better. I read it can take up to 10 weeks to be completely out of your system."

Minnesotasue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes, this drug does lower your A1C and did work well. I have been on it for a year and I have had aches and joint pain, no energy, no will to do anything which is not like me. I get up and I can't get started doing anything for 2 hours. Six months ago, I developed burning sensation under ribs and the Drs don't know what is causing it. Not gallbladder, no other problems. Did not take injection for l week, no lethargy, no burning, energy back and all around feel better. Back to my old self and actually got some work done around the house. Now I am upset because I don't want to feel this way any more although it does control my blood sugar. Does anyone else have these symptoms?"

Brownie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Not working, sugars still out of range."

rick (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband has been taking Bydureon for two and a half years. His sugars are down, but he experienced nausea, headaches and loss of appetite at the beginning. He has lost some weight also without doing any extra exercise. He still has a general feeling of not knowing what he wants to eat - he complains that food has no taste. He used to eat cereal for breakfast, but now sometimes only eats 1 meal a day, and makes up for it with noodles e.t.c. Will his diet ever get back to normal?"

Minnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Three weeks of taking injections and I woke up this morning to tender left breast and swollen nipple. Hurts to touch. I am not going to take anymore injections. I will just live with high sugars."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was prescribed bydureon injections, after the 1st injection, I couldn't eat, I kept vomiting, running with diarrhea and had a massive headache. Each week the symptoms got worse. By the 4th week I was in the hospital in a coma due to a reaction. Now 7 months later I had to have a thyroid biopsy because a nodule has formed. Thyroid cancer being bydureon injections major side effect."

Hate bydureon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just took my 8th dose of Bydureon. I experience no real pain during injection even though the needle is quite large. I used a bag of frozen peas to numb the site prior to injection. Then I keep a bandaid on the site to keep medication from leaking out. I was on Toujeo insulin 52 units but as of last weeks have been able to stop taking it. I slowly did this. I do suffer with nausea consistently, low energy, and lethargic. I also have no appetite. As of the last two weeks my blood glucose numbers have been good. I am taking the good with the bad."

Bigmouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Medicine is very good, however, the cost is very high for anyone who has insurance and is on a fixed income"

srv (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been on bydureon since January 2018, I’ve lost 35 pounds in 4 months! I’m happy this medication has lowered my A1c from 13.6 To 6. I don’t like needles, but to get me health under control I’m with this medication for the long all. So far doing good!"

Ms. Dimples (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on byduregon for 22 months. The needle does hurt sometimes and bleeds but I now take pen out of refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before shot I also put ice on the injection area before and after shot. Make sure meds are mixed well and shoot right away. My A1C went from 8.7 to 5.8 and I've lost 27 lbs. I have put weight back on. I have changed to Byduregon BcIse two weeks ago easier to mix no bleeding. Only problem is that because it is so new it is 3 times more in price. But to me after almost 2 years of pain to get a1c down it was worth it. Now I buy 1 months at a time not 3 months. BYDURGEON BcIse much much easier to use and mix."

whome (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just had one dose of Bydureon after 2 weeks of Trulicity and insurance not wanting to pay for it. The needle instructions are simple enough but I'm in Nursing school. I didn't want to inject myself so my husband did it. The Trulicity pen was much cooler (automated). I have lost 12 pounds in a month. No exercise added. No side effects really Decrease in appetite slightly. I take it along with Metformin. Fasting sugars are always under 200 now. My a1c was 10.9 so I am excited to see the improvements. I feel so much better compared to March."

R (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on this for 8 weeks, at the 8th shot all hell broke loose. I passed out and don't know why. Sugar and blood pressure were ok. Could not eat much, bad acid, no energy, dizzy a lot, bad dehydration. Been off it for 3 weeks and feel somewhat better. Dr. Now in process of checking my heart. It did lower sugar but at too great a cost. Not worth it."

Hipshot (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "controls blood glucose numbers but horrible side effects. I cannot eat solid food, constant severe stomach pain, no sleep, very weak . Lucky to get 750 calories a day. I stopped taking after 5 weeks. I'm hoping symptoms subside. I can control blood glucose with other meds."

manda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm 21 years old, and have type 2 diabetes since the start of 2018... Which is not a nice pill to swallow. I knew I was a little over weight, and was working on it - apparently my family's severe history of Type 2 made it almost inescapable. Since my diagnosis, I have been on Bydureon... And I couldn't be happier. Yeah, it hurts a little to stab yourself once a week, and the itching and lumps under the skin are uncomfortable but at least I'm not on thousands more medications! I see a lot of comments about people not liking because of these small, and deal-able side effects. Bydureon keeps me alive, keeps me healthy and it is virtually stress free."

Benno2.0 April 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband has been on bydureon for 8 weeks. He was due for his 9th injection on Sunday last week but fell really ill about 24 hours after his 8th injection. Its now been 8 days since he feel ill with nausea, burping, heartburn and constipation with the occasional vomiting. How long until he will start to fill some normality his now had 6 days of work and all he does is sleep. HELP"

Camo April 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just one week in. Weight up 200kg, BSL same at 11.1. No side effects at all. No problem with pen or injecting, slight sting only. Have read posts and will concentrate on low carb diet and see how this goes. Previously tried Byetta twice daily but had to cease after one month due to side effects. Looking forward to next couple of weeks. Dr said after six weeks should notice a difference. So I guess the people who had significant decreases in the first week or two were lucky."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Second injection and both times the biggest issue has been the size of the needle and the pain it causes. Not sure of the effectiveness yet."

Puma Gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The injections are very painful. The needle is NOT tiny that is why they hide it. For a week after injection it is very painful in that area of the injection site. I only had a bump once. I just took my third dose and will wait to see my A1C but my sugar came down from 300 to 200. Will see"

RC (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I did everything right over the last nine years after diagnosis of type 2. I lost weight, exercised daily, watched carbs and started Metformin. Over the years, it became harder to keep my blood glucose down. I just took my third weekly dose of Bydureon and already my daily sugar and A1c is down significantly. Bydureon is going to save my flying career."

CaptainD (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used to use Byetta 4 yrs ago but stopped. It had controlled my diabetes well but stomach look like a pincushion. I am now once a week Bydureon,( second week}..but it has not been effective at controlling my blood sugars. It has no effect on my blood sugars at this time I hope it works betters after 3 or 4 times of use"

rrgs (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018