User Reviews for Bydureon

Diabetes, Type 2
6.7

Summary of Bydureon reviews 6.7 213 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was prescribed bydureon injections, after the 1st injection, I couldn't eat, I kept vomiting, running with diarrhea and had a massive headache. Each week the symptoms got worse. By the 4th week I was in the hospital in a coma due to a reaction. Now 7 months later I had to have a thyroid biopsy because a nodule has formed. Thyroid cancer being bydureon injections major side effect."

Hate bydureon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just took my 8th dose of Bydureon. I experience no real pain during injection even though the needle is quite large. I used a bag of frozen peas to numb the site prior to injection. Then I keep a bandaid on the site to keep medication from leaking out. I was on Toujeo insulin 52 units but as of last weeks have been able to stop taking it. I slowly did this. I do suffer with nausea consistently, low energy, and lethargic. I also have no appetite. As of the last two weeks my blood glucose numbers have been good. I am taking the good with the bad."

Bigmouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Medicine is very good, however, the cost is very high for anyone who has insurance and is on a fixed income"

srv (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been on bydureon since January 2018, I’ve lost 35 pounds in 4 months! I’m happy this medication has lowered my A1c from 13.6 To 6. I don’t like needles, but to get me health under control I’m with this medication for the long all. So far doing good!"

Ms. Dimples (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on byduregon for 22 months. The needle does hurt sometimes and bleeds but I now take pen out of refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before shot I also put ice on the injection area before and after shot. Make sure meds are mixed well and shoot right away. My A1C went from 8.7 to 5.8 and I've lost 27 lbs. I have put weight back on. I have changed to Byduregon BcIse two weeks ago easier to mix no bleeding. Only problem is that because it is so new it is 3 times more in price. But to me after almost 2 years of pain to get a1c down it was worth it. Now I buy 1 months at a time not 3 months. BYDURGEON BcIse much much easier to use and mix."

whome (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just had one dose of Bydureon after 2 weeks of Trulicity and insurance not wanting to pay for it. The needle instructions are simple enough but I'm in Nursing school. I didn't want to inject myself so my husband did it. The Trulicity pen was much cooler (automated). I have lost 12 pounds in a month. No exercise added. No side effects really Decrease in appetite slightly. I take it along with Metformin. Fasting sugars are always under 200 now. My a1c was 10.9 so I am excited to see the improvements. I feel so much better compared to March."

R (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on this for 8 weeks, at the 8th shot all hell broke loose. I passed out and don't know why. Sugar and blood pressure were ok. Could not eat much, bad acid, no energy, dizzy a lot, bad dehydration. Been off it for 3 weeks and feel somewhat better. Dr. Now in process of checking my heart. It did lower sugar but at too great a cost. Not worth it."

Hipshot (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "controls blood glucose numbers but horrible side effects. I cannot eat solid food, constant severe stomach pain, no sleep, very weak . Lucky to get 750 calories a day. I stopped taking after 5 weeks. I'm hoping symptoms subside. I can control blood glucose with other meds."

manda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm 21 years old, and have type 2 diabetes since the start of 2018... Which is not a nice pill to swallow. I knew I was a little over weight, and was working on it - apparently my family's severe history of Type 2 made it almost inescapable. Since my diagnosis, I have been on Bydureon... And I couldn't be happier. Yeah, it hurts a little to stab yourself once a week, and the itching and lumps under the skin are uncomfortable but at least I'm not on thousands more medications! I see a lot of comments about people not liking because of these small, and deal-able side effects. Bydureon keeps me alive, keeps me healthy and it is virtually stress free."

Benno2.0 April 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband has been on bydureon for 8 weeks. He was due for his 9th injection on Sunday last week but fell really ill about 24 hours after his 8th injection. Its now been 8 days since he feel ill with nausea, burping, heartburn and constipation with the occasional vomiting. How long until he will start to fill some normality his now had 6 days of work and all he does is sleep. HELP"

Camo April 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just one week in. Weight up 200kg, BSL same at 11.1. No side effects at all. No problem with pen or injecting, slight sting only. Have read posts and will concentrate on low carb diet and see how this goes. Previously tried Byetta twice daily but had to cease after one month due to side effects. Looking forward to next couple of weeks. Dr said after six weeks should notice a difference. So I guess the people who had significant decreases in the first week or two were lucky."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Second injection and both times the biggest issue has been the size of the needle and the pain it causes. Not sure of the effectiveness yet."

Puma Gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The injections are very painful. The needle is NOT tiny that is why they hide it. For a week after injection it is very painful in that area of the injection site. I only had a bump once. I just took my third dose and will wait to see my A1C but my sugar came down from 300 to 200. Will see"

RC (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I did everything right over the last nine years after diagnosis of type 2. I lost weight, exercised daily, watched carbs and started Metformin. Over the years, it became harder to keep my blood glucose down. I just took my third weekly dose of Bydureon and already my daily sugar and A1c is down significantly. Bydureon is going to save my flying career."

CaptainD (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used to use Byetta 4 yrs ago but stopped. It had controlled my diabetes well but stomach look like a pincushion. I am now once a week Bydureon,( second week}..but it has not been effective at controlling my blood sugars. It has no effect on my blood sugars at this time I hope it works betters after 3 or 4 times of use"

rrgs (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Added Bydureon to my usual metformin dose in June 2017. Had six months of persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and increasing sensation of liver fullness/discomfort. (It looks like I'm one of the group, described by the package insert, who develop significant adverse effects.) At the injection sites, developed firm nodules that each took 2-3 months to resolve and became itchier the longer I was on the medication. I lost about 10 lb and had great readouts on A1c, but couldn't bear to take Bydureon beyond December 2017. In my view, not a success therapeutically."

NancyL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Taking Bydureon isn ot worth the risk of Pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, or pancreatitis of which I developed. It almost killed me ; which at this point , it may have been better to be gone. I was admitted to the hospital 1 month ago with acute pancreatitis, renal failure, hepatic and kidney failure. I was on dilaudid IV every 2-3 hours. I developed dissolution of my common bile duct, which Bydureon also causes. Had an ERCP which was a failed attempt because the Bydureon had caused such havoc of the anatomy in my billiary tree and liver. So if that isn't enough I had to have a percutaneous intrahepatic billiary line placement. (drilling into my liver to thread a plastic tube to drain my bile out from the side of me!! ) Yes I walk around with a bag strapped to my leg. My bile cant get through to my intestine !"

Loren (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I haven't seen an A1C of mine from this yet, it's time to get one, but the shots (the needles) (don't always work and) are incredibly painful. I got knots in the skin on my tummy where I put the shots, and have been waiting for them to clear up to take another one. Once I put it in (and stand there putting up with the incredible pain of the needle, counting to 10), pulled it out, and all the medicine shot out of me onto the floor. Too much money for this to happen.However I wouldn't agree to take it until they offered it to me for $50 for the month."

Terry (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This is my third week. I take the medication early Saturday mornings. A couple of hours later I get sleepy and then start to feel really nauseous. On Sundays I start to get tired and nauseated around 11a.m. The rest of the week I have on and off periods of nausea and have vomited a couple of times. I do feel like the periods of nausea are decreasing in duration and intensity. I hope that the side effects keep decreasing because I would really like to stay on the medication. My fasting sugars are anywhere from 110-130. This is a major drop for me!"

Mosby7777 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "yes I crave sugar too, I was on saxenda I lost 11 lbs in 2 wks. with no cravings. It was very good for me. Now the weight is back on cause my insurance won't cover the saxenda. I tried victoza which was not good. Constipation and vomiting bloating. Vivian"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a Type 2 Diabetic for almost 18 years. I was having many drugs including BYDUREON. I have been on this now for 3 months. I did not find anything unusual during first 9 weeks. My sugars are coming down heavily. But since this week I feel weak, sleepy and no will to do anything. And aches and pains on my body including legs."

Dinakshie January 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for three weeks now. I take a weekly injection. Each time, so far, I have heartburn the day after injecting. The heartburn lessens a bit through the week. Also have periods of nausea, but these symptoms are very mild compared to Victoza. Victoza made me vomit and I could not eat anything while I was taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This pen delivery system is 3rd world and they know it ,as they include an additional needle in every pack They seriously need an intelligent research centre with competent people ,not the ones that they currently employ"

JohnRRRRRRRRRRRR (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Bydureon for a week with no ill effects, but after the second dose I became very ill and unable to keep anything down. I ended up in the hospital, severely dehydrated and with chronic renal failure. I cannot recommend this medication."

3snakes December 17, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started using Bydureon 5 weeks ago. I have not had any problems using this med. I was very afraid of trying it from some of the comments I read. I take it out of refrigerator 15 minutes before hand and follow the instructions to a tea. I have had one time I bruised but nothing bad. I also had a lump one time but it did not hurt at all. I have lost 14 pounds since I started the medication. I have not changed my eating habits. I find I feel better in the mornings since using Bydureon. I will be going in this week to have my A1C tested. Then I will know more. Hope it continues to work for me."

Deenenhe December 13, 2017