User Reviews for Bydureon

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Bydureon reviews 6.8 203 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Second injection and both times the biggest issue has been the size of the needle and the pain it causes. Not sure of the effectiveness yet."

Puma Gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The injections are very painful. The needle is NOT tiny that is why they hide it. For a week after injection it is very painful in that area of the injection site. I only had a bump once. I just took my third dose and will wait to see my A1C but my sugar came down from 300 to 200. Will see"

RC (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I did everything right over the last nine years after diagnosis of type 2. I lost weight, exercised daily, watched carbs and started Metformin. Over the years, it became harder to keep my blood glucose down. I just took my third weekly dose of Bydureon and already my daily sugar and A1c is down significantly. Bydureon is going to save my flying career."

CaptainD (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used to use Byetta 4 yrs ago but stopped. It had controlled my diabetes well but stomach look like a pincushion. I am now once a week Bydureon,( second week}..but it has not been effective at controlling my blood sugars. It has no effect on my blood sugars at this time I hope it works betters after 3 or 4 times of use"

rrgs (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Added Bydureon to my usual metformin dose in June 2017. Had six months of persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and increasing sensation of liver fullness/discomfort. (It looks like I'm one of the group, described by the package insert, who develop significant adverse effects.) At the injection sites, developed firm nodules that each took 2-3 months to resolve and became itchier the longer I was on the medication. I lost about 10 lb and had great readouts on A1c, but couldn't bear to take Bydureon beyond December 2017. In my view, not a success therapeutically."

NancyL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Taking Bydureon isn ot worth the risk of Pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, or pancreatitis of which I developed. It almost killed me ; which at this point , it may have been better to be gone. I was admitted to the hospital 1 month ago with acute pancreatitis, renal failure, hepatic and kidney failure. I was on dilaudid IV every 2-3 hours. I developed dissolution of my common bile duct, which Bydureon also causes. Had an ERCP which was a failed attempt because the Bydureon had caused such havoc of the anatomy in my billiary tree and liver. So if that isn't enough I had to have a percutaneous intrahepatic billiary line placement. (drilling into my liver to thread a plastic tube to drain my bile out from the side of me!! ) Yes I walk around with a bag strapped to my leg. My bile cant get through to my intestine !"

Loren (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I haven't seen an A1C of mine from this yet, it's time to get one, but the shots (the needles) (don't always work and) are incredibly painful. I got knots in the skin on my tummy where I put the shots, and have been waiting for them to clear up to take another one. Once I put it in (and stand there putting up with the incredible pain of the needle, counting to 10), pulled it out, and all the medicine shot out of me onto the floor. Too much money for this to happen.However I wouldn't agree to take it until they offered it to me for $50 for the month."

Terry (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This is my third week. I take the medication early Saturday mornings. A couple of hours later I get sleepy and then start to feel really nauseous. On Sundays I start to get tired and nauseated around 11a.m. The rest of the week I have on and off periods of nausea and have vomited a couple of times. I do feel like the periods of nausea are decreasing in duration and intensity. I hope that the side effects keep decreasing because I would really like to stay on the medication. My fasting sugars are anywhere from 110-130. This is a major drop for me!"

Mosby7777 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "yes I crave sugar too, I was on saxenda I lost 11 lbs in 2 wks. with no cravings. It was very good for me. Now the weight is back on cause my insurance won't cover the saxenda. I tried victoza which was not good. Constipation and vomiting bloating. Vivian"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a Type 2 Diabetic for almost 18 years. I was having many drugs including BYDUREON. I have been on this now for 3 months. I did not find anything unusual during first 9 weeks. My sugars are coming down heavily. But since this week I feel weak, sleepy and no will to do anything. And aches and pains on my body including legs."

Dinakshie January 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for three weeks now. I take a weekly injection. Each time, so far, I have heartburn the day after injecting. The heartburn lessens a bit through the week. Also have periods of nausea, but these symptoms are very mild compared to Victoza. Victoza made me vomit and I could not eat anything while I was taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This pen delivery system is 3rd world and they know it ,as they include an additional needle in every pack They seriously need an intelligent research centre with competent people ,not the ones that they currently employ"

JohnRRRRRRRRRRRR (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Bydureon for a week with no ill effects, but after the second dose I became very ill and unable to keep anything down. I ended up in the hospital, severely dehydrated and with chronic renal failure. I cannot recommend this medication."

3snakes December 17, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started using Bydureon 5 weeks ago. I have not had any problems using this med. I was very afraid of trying it from some of the comments I read. I take it out of refrigerator 15 minutes before hand and follow the instructions to a tea. I have had one time I bruised but nothing bad. I also had a lump one time but it did not hurt at all. I have lost 14 pounds since I started the medication. I have not changed my eating habits. I find I feel better in the mornings since using Bydureon. I will be going in this week to have my A1C tested. Then I will know more. Hope it continues to work for me."

Deenenhe December 13, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Had extreme itching with red spots swollen lumps all over including head. I was feeling very weak and fainted then was rushed to emergency where they are treating me to bring the allergies down. I've stopped using this drug as it was not a pleasant experience for me . The idea is to let drug company know feedback as never had this experience in my life .I did try to call Australian number but no one picked up ."

Nick121221 December 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just finished my fourth injection of Bydureon this morning. Fortunately, I HAVE NOT HAD ANY side effects as others have stated. I followed the steps carefully for the injection pen and things went very smoothly. (I did use a thick potholder in my hand to absorb the shock of "tapping" to mix the medication.) The whole injection process took about 5-6 minutes. After reading a suggestion about the lump and using the ice pack, I did use an ice pack each week and I have not had any lump form after these four weeks. I keep the ice pack in place for 15 minutes. One note: I don't think Bydureon suppresses my appetite as well as Byetta did. I'll continue with it until my next A1C test. Once a week is better than twice a day!"

Javafox (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only just started this medication. I have not experienced any bad side effects. I am very hopeful that this medication will get my A1C to goal. I do take glimepiride as my oral agent, with that medication alone I have gone from an A1C of 8.1 to 7.1 in 1 month! When I took the first injection, it was not like what I was shown in the Endo office, its not a pen(at least mine wasn't) mine, I had to put all the parts together, pull the medicine into the syringe and play nurse almost if you will. The needle is rather large. it didn't seem to hurt and I've experienced no side effects this far. Looking forward to great results."

Jessmarie7130 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this medication for 5 months. I have lost 20 lbs. I have experience SERIOUS heartburn to the point of it waking me up from my throat burning. I still crave sweets towards the end of my shot wearing out for the week, but I continued to lose weight despite eating sweets. My doctor reported my sugars were high both times after testing alc (somewhere in the 6.0 to 6.3 range). I have started wanting to throw up a couple of days after my shot. Weird this just started. I can no longer get free samples of this, so I will be switching to Farxiga. It is bittersweet having to go off of this medication. I have tried Victoza & Trulicity too. Trulicity equalled heartburn. Victoza no symptoms but very little weight loss."

Buy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 70 year old male and have been taking diabetic medication for 10 years or more. The last two years I have been increasing my injections with little success in lowering my A1C. I started using Bydureon 6 weeks ago. The first two weeks were pretty rough, nausea, tired, headache. Week 6 no ill symptoms. Blood sugar has averaged 95, I have been taking it 3 to 4 times a day. No lumps. Needle and pen are pretty intimidating."

Army Guy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Bydureon has worked well for me. It took me a few uses to get accustomed to how to mix and inject, plus the 23-gauge needle is not pain free, BUT the last 8 months my A1c has been 5.2 & 5.3 consistently. I use it with Lantus and metformin. One advantage is that is helps keep my sugar from getting too low from the Lantus. I have also been able to lose some weight. I used Victoza until Express Scripts no longer paid for it, but Bydureon has been an effective substitute."

Type 2 for 15 years. (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I gave myself an injection of the medicine in my doctor's exam room under the direction of the drug rep following instruction on administering the drug and diet instruction. No one checked my blood sugar level nor my medical history. I assumed the injection was safe because my doctor allowed the rep to give it to me. The next morning I awoke to a panicked husband because I was thrashing about in the bed and he could not waken me. He had given me a peppermint orally and called 911. I could see his face but could not speak to respond to him. My feet and legs were cramping but I could not communicate this to him nor my daughter. The EMTs gave me glucose and I recovered quickly. My husband and daughter fearfully watched me for weeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Bydureon for 5 weeks. The first week was ok. After the second shot I got several pencil size and larger lumps on my stomach, along with a fist size rash around the injections site. I never noticed a drop in my numbers or a loss of appetite. I have Lupus along with the Diabetes, so I consider myself to have a high tolerance for pain, but the needles used for the injections are HUGE! I quit taking them and am going back to Victoza. P.S. Lumps do not seem to be going away at all yet."

Not Happy! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Bydureon for 3 and 1/2 years. To date I have lost 103 lbs. At times I do get light headed but other than that no side effects. When I first started it I was sick as a dog due to my body adjusting to the medicine/lower blood sugar levels. The nausea sucks sometimes when your eating a delicious meal and can't take another bite without puking it all up. This medicine will definitely tell you when you've had enough to eat. I love it. Feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. 34 and 143 lbs. My doctor took me off the obese list 6 months ago. Stick with it and you'll see the results."

Bydureonbacker October 19, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon since January 27,2017. I am updating my fellow users. I was 235lbs when I started and with exercise and low carb diet I am happy to say I am now 152lbs now. I have 12lbs left to reach my goal of 140lbs. I encourage anyone taking this for diabetes take advantage and diet and exercise. It really works, you just have to make a little effort along with the meds."

Lorrie44 October 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taken Bydureon for 4 weeks now and have lost 5kg The only side effects I have had is heartburn and nausea and headaches but has stopped. I do recommended this drug to anyone. It does suppress the appetite really well I take it with Metformin I get it through Prescription which cost $5.60 a month"

Hotzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2017