User Reviews for Bydureon

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Bydureon.

Diabetes, Type 2
6.9

Summary of Bydureon reviews 6.9 188 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started using Bydureon 5 weeks ago. I have not had any problems using this med. I was very afraid of trying it from some of the comments I read. I take it out of refrigerator 15 minutes before hand and follow the instructions to a tea. I have had one time I bruised but nothing bad. I also had a lump one time but it did not hurt at all. I have lost 14 pounds since I started the medication. I have not changed my eating habits. I find I feel better in the mornings since using Bydureon. I will be going in this week to have my A1C tested. Then I will know more. Hope it continues to work for me."

Deenenhe December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just finished my fourth injection of Bydureon this morning. Fortunately, I HAVE NOT HAD ANY side effects as others have stated. I followed the steps carefully for the injection pen and things went very smoothly. (I did use a thick potholder in my hand to absorb the shock of "tapping" to mix the medication.) The whole injection process took about 5-6 minutes. After reading a suggestion about the lump and using the ice pack, I did use an ice pack each week and I have not had any lump form after these four weeks. I keep the ice pack in place for 15 minutes. One note: I don't think Bydureon suppresses my appetite as well as Byetta did. I'll continue with it until my next A1C test. Once a week is better than twice a day!"

Javafox (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only just started this medication. I have not experienced any bad side effects. I am very hopeful that this medication will get my A1C to goal. I do take glimepiride as my oral agent, with that medication alone I have gone from an A1C of 8.1 to 7.1 in 1 month! When I took the first injection, it was not like what I was shown in the Endo office, its not a pen(at least mine wasn't) mine, I had to put all the parts together, pull the medicine into the syringe and play nurse almost if you will. The needle is rather large. it didn't seem to hurt and I've experienced no side effects this far. Looking forward to great results."

Jessmarie7130 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this medication for 5 months. I have lost 20 lbs. I have experience SERIOUS heartburn to the point of it waking me up from my throat burning. I still crave sweets towards the end of my shot wearing out for the week, but I continued to lose weight despite eating sweets. My doctor reported my sugars were high both times after testing alc (somewhere in the 6.0 to 6.3 range). I have started wanting to throw up a couple of days after my shot. Weird this just started. I can no longer get free samples of this, so I will be switching to Farxiga. It is bittersweet having to go off of this medication. I have tried Victoza & Trulicity too. Trulicity equalled heartburn. Victoza no symptoms but very little weight loss."

Buy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 70 year old male and have been taking diabetic medication for 10 years or more. The last two years I have been increasing my injections with little success in lowering my A1C. I started using Bydureon 6 weeks ago. The first two weeks were pretty rough, nausea, tired, headache. Week 6 no ill symptoms. Blood sugar has averaged 95, I have been taking it 3 to 4 times a day. No lumps. Needle and pen are pretty intimidating."

Army Guy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Bydureon has worked well for me. It took me a few uses to get accustomed to how to mix and inject, plus the 23-gauge needle is not pain free, BUT the last 8 months my A1c has been 5.2 & 5.3 consistently. I use it with Lantus and metformin. One advantage is that is helps keep my sugar from getting too low from the Lantus. I have also been able to lose some weight. I used Victoza until Express Scripts no longer paid for it, but Bydureon has been an effective substitute."

Type 2 for 15 years. (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I gave myself an injection of the medicine in my doctor's exam room under the direction of the drug rep following instruction on administering the drug and diet instruction. No one checked my blood sugar level nor my medical history. I assumed the injection was safe because my doctor allowed the rep to give it to me. The next morning I awoke to a panicked husband because I was thrashing about in the bed and he could not waken me. He had given me a peppermint orally and called 911. I could see his face but could not speak to respond to him. My feet and legs were cramping but I could not communicate this to him nor my daughter. The EMTs gave me glucose and I recovered quickly. My husband and daughter fearfully watched me for weeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Bydureon for 5 weeks. The first week was ok. After the second shot I got several pencil size and larger lumps on my stomach, along with a fist size rash around the injections site. I never noticed a drop in my numbers or a loss of appetite. I have Lupus along with the Diabetes, so I consider myself to have a high tolerance for pain, but the needles used for the injections are HUGE! I quit taking them and am going back to Victoza. P.S. Lumps do not seem to be going away at all yet."

Not Happy! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Bydureon for 3 and 1/2 years. To date I have lost 103 lbs. At times I do get light headed but other than that no side effects. When I first started it I was sick as a dog due to my body adjusting to the medicine/lower blood sugar levels. The nausea sucks sometimes when your eating a delicious meal and can't take another bite without puking it all up. This medicine will definitely tell you when you've had enough to eat. I love it. Feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. 34 and 143 lbs. My doctor took me off the obese list 6 months ago. Stick with it and you'll see the results."

Bydureonbacker October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon since January 27,2017. I am updating my fellow users. I was 235lbs when I started and with exercise and low carb diet I am happy to say I am now 152lbs now. I have 12lbs left to reach my goal of 140lbs. I encourage anyone taking this for diabetes take advantage and diet and exercise. It really works, you just have to make a little effort along with the meds."

Lorrie44 October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taken Bydureon for 4 weeks now and have lost 5kg The only side effects I have had is heartburn and nausea and headaches but has stopped. I do recommended this drug to anyone. It does suppress the appetite really well I take it with Metformin I get it through Prescription which cost $5.60 a month"

Hotzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was prescribed Bydureon about 4 months ago when my insurance stopped paying for Byetta. I had been on Byetta for 13 years and it was working well for me. I finally stopped taking Bydureon 3 weeks ago. I was sick the entire time. I did not relate it to Bydureon at first. I was aware my blood sugar was 300-400 while taking Bydureon. I then realized it was because I was originally taking Byetta and Bydureon reacts to the Byetta that is left in the system. My blood sugar never came down much while taking Bydureon. I had a headache constantly, stomach ache, diarrhea, upper respiratory infection, sinus drainage, joint pain, leg pain, feet hurt, my stomach felt full or stuffed all the time. And, my blood sugar remained high."

SgRHO August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on it 8-9 weeks? Only side effect I have had outside the last two days is loss of appetite which is wonderful for a binge eater like myself. You not only get full sooner, you almost feel sick. I don't mind, reminds me I need to keep myself in check. Until the last two days, I have not had the nausea and vomiting others seem to have. I don't know why it decided to start. Vomited two days in a row now. Hope it doesn't continue, I otherwise love it."

T2!7 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "If you don't have a gall bladder, suffer any form of stomach/bowel issue or have an arthritic issue (me dupuytrens/ledderhose) then DON'T take this drug. Seriously it has completely stuffed up my stomach which is still ongoing 3 weeks after stopping it. I found it also inflamed my dupuytrens. I also had the autoimmune response to the injections and now have numerous lumps on my stomach. I used it 5 times."

Jo Barnes August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for just under a week. I have not been able to eat very much. I am nauseous every day and no very little energy. I've been considering going to see my doctor to see whats wrong with me but I see from these messages that it's probably from the injection. Of course, I've lost a few pounds because I cannot eat anything. I HATE HOW I FEEL!"

Feeling terrible (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Terrible drug took shot for 5 month heartburn, nausea vomiting continue. Quit taking 3 weeks ago. Feel terrible"

Sic August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my first dose of bydureon last night. Today, I am in intense body wide pain, stomach cramping, diarrhea, headache and hives everywhere. My face, tongue and throat swelled. I just want to crawl in a hole and stay there. My doctor switched me to this because regular insulin burns on injection and worsens my neuropathy. I have tried all the pens and tablets on the market, but I react to them all. I can barely hold my head up as I write this."

lper July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Update I have been on bydureon for six months now and with diet and 40 minutes of exercise a day I have lost 64 lbs. This drug has been a great for me. I never thought I would ever take it off but I am. I only have 24 more lbs to go to be at my normal weight. I have had very minimal side effects. If you are taking this for diabetes take advantage of what can happen with diet and exercise."

Lorrie44 July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Few years ago started with Trulicity, then insurance made me switch to Tanzeum and now had to switch to Bydureon. Couple of issues. The corkscrew on my second box. When I twist the green I hear the click and the medicine window only has part of the liquid the base has pushed out some of the medicine into the cap. I take off the needle cap and there is liquid in the cap, at 125 a pen. So, either I have a bad box of 4 or there is defect on these, did not happen on box 1 but on box 2 the first 2 pens had this. First and second day side effects for me are horrendous, nausea and just feel awful. Never had these issues with prep or side effects with either Trulicity or Tanzeum. But its all up to insurance companies at the end, they decide what is best for you."

aa1959less6 July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken this medication 4 times. I am definitely eating more than I did on Trulicity or Victoza. I am afraid to look at the scale. I crave sugar. Does this happen to anyone else? Does this change? I am nervous I will put back on all the weight I lost in the past 7 months. I do not have the terrible heartburn that I had on Trulicity though."

Buying Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just took my third injection last night. I still feel hungry on this medication. Wondering if it takes a while for the medication to kick in. I am hoping this med works well for me. I have had no pain with the shots, no medication leaking back out of injection site (maybe a drop) and no sight of lumps that people reference in posts. Hoping for weight loss from this medication, but don't see that happening at this stage. Maybe it takes several weeks to start working. Interesting that I was not able to tolerate Byetta for even one day but have had no issues with Buydureon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon for over six months. I have noticed a big improvement in a1c which is now down to 7.1 at last appt. The problem I have is that I get three months at a time since living some distance from the pharmacy in a different town. I am at the end of the three month fill and my blood sugars are jumping. I suspect that it may have been mishandled by the pharmacy, left out in open, even though I refrigerate it as soon as I get home. Maybe its something else, but suspect improper handling. Also on metformin and jardiance."

Type Two July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Bydureon 3 days ago. I was sure I would be sick when started it as I was instantly sick on Byetta in the past. I was not nauseated at all on Bydureon. Bydureon was a painless shot, and I have had no side effects so far. I was on Victoza (2 years) and Trulicity (1 year). Victoza gave me major headaches when I first started it and eventually caused me to gain weight in the end. Trulicity made me blood sugar go all over for the first month and gave some pretty serious random nausea. In the end, it too felt like it was becoming less effective. I am hoping Buydureon is a good medication for me. Will report more later."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started the medication on Sunday. I read any and all reviews I could find. I sat it on the counter for at least 20 minutes. I used an ice pack after the injection. I thought I was doing great until Monday evening when I started the most horrible side effects. I had to call in sick to work on Tuesday. My blood sugar reading so are the best I've ever had and I don't have an appetite at all."

CatMonroe June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have used the weekly injection twice. Both times the needle was painless, but the medicine stings hard for about 30 seconds. I have not had any side effects and don't know if it is really lowering my blood glucose. I have had some lower readings, but most are just as high as before. However, it is extremely expensive and when I pull out the needle, a lot of the medicine leaks out as well. I have not figured out how to stop it so I wonder am I getting as much as I am supposed to and how much money is dripping out?"

KatMarq (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017