User Reviews for Bydureon

Learn more about Bydureon.

Diabetes, Type 2 127 reviews 136 medications

7.3
Summary of Bydureon reviews 127 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Worked great. I felt awesomely good. My insurance put me in the donut hole. Now I can't afford it. "

cd48x (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been injecting once a week for two months. I have suferred disgusting belching, lack of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting. I am fortunate to be working but I am off sick again because I cannot venture outside of the house because of liquid pouring out of both ends!! When I vomited this morning a lump of gunk surfaced which I think was the coagulated bydureon. I am not willing to take this awful drug again. The side effects do not outweigh benefits."

eGGBREATH September 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On Bydureon about a year. I'm 57, been diagnosed type 2 Diabetic for about 8 years. On Insulin + Metformin. Doc prescribed this for me originally because I just couldn't get my A1C below 7.0 even though my daily numbers rarely climbed over 130 even right after eating. The Pros: A1C dropped into the low 4's and remains at that level. Lost 20 - 25 lbs and the weight has stayed off. Pen device is not difficult to set up and use once a week, takes about 5 minutes max to do the injection routine and I've only had 1 instance total in a year's time of a pen not working properly. The Cons: HUGE needle that hurts. Bad nausea after injection and occasional itchy hard lumps at injection site. One major B/sugar crash - low 50's."

Type 2 Guy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "2 shots in belly. Both bleed #2 turn black & blue. 3 and 4 shot in thigh above knee no bleeding no black and blue no lumps or bumps. Before bydureon I was on Victoria four 4 years it quit working. On victory very dizzy bad sulfur taste & bad gas could not be around people. Before I started bydureon be jumped to 235 after 4 shots morning be now 160. 6# lost in 4 weeks. 5th shot 08/18/2016. I pay $621 for 3 months"

radio1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This is my 3rd review. Just had my A1C checked at my 3 month visit. Started this med with an 8.4 in 3 months it's down to 6.2. This drug has been the only thing that has worked for me in the past 10 yrs. I've been on so many diabetic meds. Last year my a1c was 10.2 got it to 8.4 with farxiga. Since my last weigh in at the dr. I actually had lost 10 pounds. Started this med at 184 now im 174. Still took 3 months to lose 10 pounds. Thats better than a gain though. My only remaining side effects are knots under the skin at injection site. They somethings itch really bad too. Other than that ive adjusted really well."

FreidaM46 August 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have pencil eraser size knots in my stomach from injections. Have about 5 of them. They are hard to the touch. Maybe they will go away before to long. I sure don't like them"

Larry EB (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Bydureon for nearly 4 months. Blood Sugars dropped from 10 to 6, lost 50 lbs on the drug. It was a rough start at first getting use to the side effects, but I am happy to say the drug is working wonders for me."

Teecie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have completed eighth (8th) week of Bydureon injections. Med physician prescribed not approved by insurance carrier and this was their substitute after 2 weeks on previous. No nausea at any point (was warned both by physician & literature this would definitely occur). Prior 2 week med controlled appetite, do not see where Bydureon has this effect. First 4 or 5 weeks seen slight weight loss of less than 2 lb per week but this has subsided and actually the last 2 weeks have shown a reversal. Will say have more positive outlook 4 days after injection & this subsides. Pharmacist said Bydureon has more of ingredient I need, however believe personally benefit daily rather than weekly injections. Most likely will discuss this next Dr. visit"

Female age 65/200lb excess (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Bit of nausea at the start but eased off until I changed my stab day then sickness came back for a couple of weeks. 11 weeks in and have dropped 12kg in weight. Blood sugars are way down and have more energy. Struggle to always eat three times a day but when I do I feel great and that's when the weight melts off."

Melliesue78 June 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "UPDATE: so I've been on bydureon for 6 weeks. I do now get the itchy lumps at injection site. The nausea I had in the beginning is gone. Blood sugars are much better. No weight loss to report and what little appetite suppression i had In the beginning is also gone. I am 40lbs overweight and just absolutely struggle to lose 1 pound. I was really hoping this would work for me in losing weight. So far nothing."

FreidaM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Easy to use and once a week is great. Not many problems with it giving me too low blood sugar. The injector is easy to use and really not painful. I haven't been on it long, but I do think I eat less ( mild beneficial anorexia) and actually get a full feeling when eating ( I don't know about everyone else but I never feel full until I've eaten so much that I hurt). I'm looking forward to good A1c results ( my latest was 7.1) and maybe some weight loss too."

SCH123 June 11, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Bydureon for about 3 1/2 months now. My first month with the pen went well. The next month only one malfunctioned due to the plunger would not push in after it has been twisted out. So far I have been able to get 1 of 5 pens to work in the past 5 weeks. This pen sucks. I would rather have the one you have to mix yourself. I have missed a lot of shots since my insurance will not refill once every 30 days as well as lost on on the money spent for this worthless pen."

A shot in the dark (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I WILL NEVER THIS SYSTEM AGAIN. It is terrible. Takes 1/2 hour to mix by banging it on a board. My hand aches from hitting 80 times and doesn't work anyway. Needle to Big and very painful to use. The old system worked fine. I will not refill script. Dr will have to fined something else. When i used it a year ago it work well and was doable. Not ever going to use it ag"

broecker (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "4 injections so far and experienced the nausea which initially lasted three days and slowly is backing down. I have no problem with the injection. I don't know if this will help others who develop a lump after their injection but I immediately massage the area on my belly then use ice for about 10 minutes. No rash no pain no lump. I don't know if this is the answer to the lumps or I'm one of the lucky ones but it might be worth a try. My appetite is practically nonexistent. I am experiencing the bloat. I seem to be able to not eat more than seven or eight bites of food without bringing it back up. I also have the most embarrassing huge burps you have ever heard. Also take 2000 mg "Metfartin""

Dillydally. May 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Bydureon for several years. Prior to Bydureon my A1C was 9.2. It's now 6.4. It took about 6-8 months but the bumps did disappear. The other side effects are now very minimal. I do get bad GI effects if I over eat...but that's a good deterrent. Over three years and still loving it!"

Msty May 18, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for two years and have lost over 30+ pounds along with my sugars now under control. I also take Metformin as an oral as well. In reviewing some of the reviews I agree that in the beginning I had so called lumps but as time has gone by I don't seem to get them any longer. No burning and once in awhile a little bleeding but that can be cleaned away just like when you are getting blood taken. After all you are injecting into the skin. One of the things I do before taking my weekly scheduled injection is taking the kit out of the refrigerator the day before and getting it down to room temperature. Not sure if this has eliminated lumps or burning but there seems to be a difference. Bydureon has been good to me."

Dick B. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I found the needle extremely thick and the injection painful, some even bled. . After several weeks I began to get one to two lumps at every injection site. These lumps were red warm and extremely itchy. I contacted my physician who lanced one site on my leg. Needless to say I am no longer a Bydureon user."

Suzie G May 7, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my second injection this morning. I have thus far no issue with injection. I do not have a lump like most people seem to have. injection goes well and easy for me. My first side effects after first injection came on day 2 I had terrible nausea for about an 1hr then it went away. I had diarrhea off and on all week and occasional nausea that didn't last long. Im hoping ill adjust to the med and those side effects of away. I did notice a slight decrease in my appetite. I also noticed if i ate to much i would get sick. No weight loss to report yet, but in the first week of injection I notice a big improvement in my blood sugars. Fasting blood sugar was normally 215 it is now 180's. Im hoping for more improvement overtime."

FreidaM46 May 3, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my sixth Bydureon injection yesterday. The great news is my morning BG levels have dropped dramatically, to the 100 range (after being in the 200s). Bad however, I am debilitatingly nauseous 12 to 24 hours after injecting and 4x have thrown up at the 12 hour mark. I am not a fan of the pea sized lumps at each injection area. The first from 6 weeks ago has not shrunk one iota. The three abdomen injections each itched considerably the first week. I switched to injecting front of my legs, which do not itch. My vision, especially computer monitor distance is horrible, but I think that is due to the drop in my overall blood sugar. I am not sure if I can hang with the nausea and would like more info as to whether it will go away in time."

LandofUnland (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 360 pound male with borderline type 2 diabetes numbers and no high blood pressure. Kidneys and liver in great shape. Doctor helped me with the first dose on a Friday morning, she walked me through the instructions and injected in my belly. The next morning I was full, no appetite, lethargic, burping rotten eggs, and even got sick (very rare for me). This continued all day andI had to force myself to eat something that night. It is day 3 - sour stomach milder, so so sleep, no appetite, less lethargy but still kind of drained. No bump on my stomach from injection. To be continued....."

Farb in Indy May 1, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using the pen consistently now for about 10 weeks. I haven't noticed any major side effects. I've only lost about 6 lbs but hey its a work in progress. The best part is my A1C has went down from 10.9 to 9.2 now recently 7.1. Only major issue is the needle is so thick and it hurts, also sometimes the medicine doesn't want to come out so I have to stick myself again and use up another needle tip."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am on my third injection of Bydureon. The needle is huge and the med burns going in, and bleeds after. No problems with injection site till this week I noticed a small pea-sized bump at the first injection site on my stomach. The first two weeks my morning sugars went up significantly to 190-200. Other side effects are diarrhea (which has resolved this week), bloating and a very uncomfortable full feeling, and some random stomach pain. This week numbers starting to come down to 145-155, but still higher than when on my previous med, Victoza, which made me very nauseous. Not losing weight. In fact, am up 2 lbs. Hope this turns around in the next couple of weeks."

Georgiao55 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started this 4 weeks ago, I am ready to quit, my nausea is so bad, it is hard to deal with. I was told it would go away, not! My sugars are running a lot lower and I stopped the actos. I feel like it is a huge rock in my stomach, and looking, smelling, or trying to eat makes me want to gag. I am hanging on one more week. My daughter is a nurse and does my injections, you need to do stomach and pinch up the skin making sure you don't see any veins. I have lost 10 #. and when I lay down to sleep I get heartburn really bad. I can't even sleep, I toss and turn sometimes the whole 8 hours, I am miserable!!!"

taznana April 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug is HORRIBLE!!! For the entire month I was on it, my blood sugars were never under 200. I was on Trulicity before this, which is a wonderful medication that is the same type as Bydureon, but my insurance said it wouldn't cover the Trulicity for me anymore unless I tried the Bydureon first (?prior authorization). Well...obviously it sucks so thankfully I'll get to go back on the Trulicity, which made my blood sugars extremely steady (around 110) and I was losing weight...like 2 pounds per week. The Bydureon also hurt horribly to inject and always made me bleed, and the mixing it was a pain in the butt. With the Trulicity, it's all done for you and is almost painless, and I never bled at the injection site."

JenCount (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this for about 5 weeks. The first two weeks, my blood sugars actually increased a bit, then started going down slowly. I was having blood sugars in the 300s after meal and 200s after fasting. They have improved to the upper 100s to low 200s after meals and in the upper 100s after fasting. I know this is still not good, but so much better than it was. I am hoping that these numbers will continue to improve. Alot of people have complained about the shots and side effects. The shots hurt more than the pen needles used with Byetta (which did not work for me), but not that big of a deal. No lumps from them. I've had virtually no major side effects."

123**Valerie** March 26, 2016