User Reviews for Bydureon

6.6

Summary of Bydureon reviews 6.6 242 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon

Gill · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I take Bydureon 2mg once a week. I'm retired military so I receive my Rx from the VA free. Every time I receive a new box of this product I also get 1 or 2 bad pens, meaning it wont inject right away or wont inject the medicine at all then a few minutes later after I sit it down it starts squirting out. I've even injected my self and then it started squirting back out my thigh and it does leave lumps for weeks in your thigh. This has been happening to me every since I started taking it. I talked to the VA pharmacy about the "miss fires" and they said I have to call the manufacturer that makes the pen and that the pharmacy is not responsible, situation noted. So I will because I'm not wasting money however the tax payers are. My concern is that I'm not getting my full doses of this medicine when that happens! I like this product and my AC1 did go down but that's not cool."

Superstar44 · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I take Bydureon 2mg once a week. Every time I receive a new box of this product I get a bad pen. This have been happening for the last 3 months. I called and I went by my RX store I receive the pen from they tell me I have to call the manufacturer that make the pen. I don't know how to contact the company AstraZeneca. I am wasting money and I am not getting my full doses of this medicine. I like this product and my AC1 went down."

Pete · Taken for 10 years or more July 3, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Bydureon since the beginning. Before that I was on Byetta. The prices have steadily gone up starting with Amylin, Bristol Myers and now Astra Zeneca. Price goes up with the cost of financing buyouts. This last month the cost of my Bydureon jumped 40 dollars a month. Time to consult my Doc about alternatives."

Phesti · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took three doses of Bydureon. Each left lumps under my skin for weeks, but the third one gave me an 8x6 inch rash that would not calm down for weeks and itched like crazy. The first two injections did not have this reaction. I experienced severe nausea and headaches, and had to be prescribed an anti-nausea medication. It was so bad I missed two days of work. I never got to the point where my blood sugar could be tested to see if the drug was effective because I stopped taking it. Luckily, my A1C marked me as borderline diabetic, so I managed my blood sugar with diet and exercise instead. All bodies are different, but this medicine was not for me."

Jh · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Bydureon (exenatide) a year and it helps glucose levels for my type 2 diabetes and the Bydureon has worked for weight loss too. However the side effects of exenatide are I have started to have nausea and diarrhea after taking and will seek out an alternative covered by insurance."

MaryAleta · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Bydureon for 3 weeks so far, it has had zero effect on my fasting blood sugar, the side effects so far are bruising, dizzy spells. extreme mood swings and terrible constipation. Not going to stick it out any longer to see if it ever starts working. The price insurance was charged was $780 for a month supply. I didn't care for the design of the pens and for having to mix up a powdery substance before injecting it. I would rather try Victoza but my insurance wouldn't pay for it, yet it will pay for this junk which is almost as much, doesn't help my blood pressure and gives me side effects "

Bizzle April 18, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on medication for 4 weeks now and my sugar readings are higher than ever. I’m so confused because everyone is saying theirs have dropped. It’s like my appetite has increased! What could be wrong!"

Matsc · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon on 2 different occasions over the last year. The first time I took it for about 3 months. I quit because I was getting very lightheaded and nauseous as well as my sugar would drop very low after an injection. After about 6 mos. I thought I'd try again. I changed my injection time to after a meal and would skip my metformin at that meal. It seemed to take care of the sugar crash but still feel awful most the time. Nausea, loss of appetite, and lethargic. I think I'll just stop again. PS. It did work . My a1c dropped from high 7's to low 6's. Just miserable with the side effects."

Ed · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Bydureon Pen is about 3 times bigger than the Novolog I was used to. But half of it is for mixing medicine. My sugar dropped from low 300s to mid 200s the very first week. No side effects except feeling full the first few days, but that wore off. My main problem is with the plunger jamming every few pens. I take the pen out of the fridge about 20 min before injection, and smack the mixture about 100 times for it to be uniform... and yes it still jams. I once had to miss about 60-75% of my dose because one pen actually took all of my strength to extract the dose which shot out outside of my body, and at a hundred bucks, I cant afford to waste."

Rutle8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Bydureon Bcise worked effectively in keeping my glucose level low. My fasting glucose readings were all +/- 100 so my numbers were pretty good (were 250 +/-). However, had I known of the risk for Gastric Paresis (GP) I would NEVER taken this at all. I had just taken my 9th injection (9th week) when the GP happened. I can't express how debilitating it is. I'm hoping that as the Bydureon diminishes I may recover -- but it's doubtful. Be warned -- the cure may be worse that the disease."

JC · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have had a severe reaction to this medicine. Anxiety, panic attacks, extreme irritability, and restlessness. It feels like all my nerves are exposed. Very painful. Dr. prescribed hydroxaline (sp) and it knocks me out. There is no indication in the side effects about a reaction like this, but I have had it for 6 days since the initial injection."

Andi · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on this medication for a little over a year. Great for my blood sugar levels, not so much for weight loss -but then around 6 months - I started loosing my hair. I got off this medicine for the last three weeks, but my hair is still falling out. It's so scary as I have always had a nice head of hair. I read somewhere that if you are 50-60's and you have been on this medication for longer than 6 months this could happen. Wondering if anyone knows how long this will continue and when this medication will be out of my system or will I just continue until I have no hair at all?"

Bearbutt December 31, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The pens are horrible. The medication doesn't come out. There's at least one bad pen in every package."

Levi December 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes have some issues but I don’t believe you need to inject every 7 days, yes if you do that you will experience issues. I do it every month and I am completely cured. Works with people that no higher then 7.5 or so. Trust me you will be fine. I repeat don’t do 7 days only ones a month. Or everyone other week If your sugar is higher then 8.5 or so."

adrianfisher9 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Hello everyone, I'm from the U.K. I have been taking Bydureon for about 30 months alongside Metformin and Jardiance. I have lost weight and I'm now down to 92kg (202 lbs for those in the USA), that's about 10kg since I started taking weekly Bydureon. I find it makes me feel full most of the time and I sometimes get constipation but my results are quite good. My HbA1c has dropped and I've managed to keep off insulin for now. I wonder if one of the main ways of how it works is that the weight loss can restore my own insulin production rather than the drug itself. All medication for Diabetics is free here so I'm unaware how much it costs and we are treated with the medication that most suited to us - irrelevant of the price. The doctors have been very good at supporting me over the last 10 years of my Diabetic journey. I've never really thought about the costs. Best wishes to everyone. Adrian."

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken five shots and so far I have only had constipation. My numbers are usually good under 150 if I do the food restrictions anything else and I get 200s...I have loss about 10lbs in the month I have been taking Bydureon. I hope to see better results A1C and lose about 20lbs. Good luck to everyone."

ecec · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I get huge bumps at the injections site. The itching is almost unbearable."

Daylight November 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Last night I took my third injection of 2mg Bydureon. I take it once a week on Sunday evenings. I have had no side effects. My stomach does not hurt, I have had no headaches and I’m feeling better than I have in years. I read many reviews before taking this medication and quite honestly I was afraid to take it. This medication has greatly reduced my appetite and my blood sugars went from low 300’s to high 100’s in less than 3 weeks. I haven’t made any changes in my exercise regimen but I am eating less because my appetite has been reduced. I highly recommend this medication. I hope I continue to experience these great benefits to taking this medication."

Ooteem · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for about 5 years! I went through many of the side effects others have posted but they were temporary, I lost weight but I have slipped up with my diet and have gained it back. I am lucky I have insurance that covers almost the entire price, but with a card from the drug maker I get 3 months for free. I have had positive results but they would be much better if I didn't cheat so much. I have had several injections that bled like crazy after I injected it. I now look very closely and try not to hit a vein. A plus for me, it hurts far less if I inject it into a stretch mark. The skin is thinner. I don't like that when you shake it some does come out of the needle and some leaks out after injections. But I guess that it gives me what I need. The injection device is long and hard to put in a small lunch bag cooler. I once was on vacation and had my device fail only happened 3x, but It was user error. Astrazeneca has a wonderful customer service dept."

Kelster2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been taking this about 3 months. I’ve had some mild side effects but nothing unmanageable - a bit of itching (I chose to do inner thigh) , mild constipation - mild diarrhea- my a1c was 10 - I started checking blood sugar twice daily and it’s dropped from a high of 230 to an average of 111. I’ll get another a1c next month and hoping it confirms significant improvement. Also on metformin and farxiga - have had type 2 about 10 yrs - I let my diet get out of control and my a1c skyrocket. Now on this medication and cut out most bad carbs - it’s made a huge difference and I feel so much better. I’ve lost about 12 lbs without trying. In terms of cost, got manufacturers coupon so it is free —- good luck - I’m sticking with it"

Basti · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using Bydureon for about two years. In the first few months I noticed a significant weight reduction, but with annoying flatulence and regurgitation. Over the next few years, my weight barely changed. Blood sugar has gone down, but not yet satisfactory. In some injections, when a vein is injured, it bleeds so bad that I fear that the drug is partially flushed out again. Now, in recent months, I am getting skin lesions of various kinds and I am getting significant listlessness. My doctor had discontinued the drug for four months and the lack of drive disappeared and I was back to my normal self. Since I inject Bydureon again, the listlessness also reappeared."

Soupy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This is an effective medication in controlling my blood sugar. I have missed a routine dose by four days before and had an a.m. blood sugar in the low 80’s. However it is not user friendly. I am a RN and have done both ER and home health nursing. I have taken care of many patients for who would never be able to handle the medication prep nor the less than straight forward injection. Also of note, at several of my injection sites, I have developed hard knots that have yet to be absorbed. I would not advise that this medication be prescribed for frail or the elderly, the visually impaired, those who have difficulty with fine motor movements or people who have some short term memory problems. Last but certainly not the least this medication is ridiculously expensive and it most likely will not be covered by your insurance. Cost of this medication for me was almost $300.00 a month."

MC242 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

"Started bydureon six weeks ago. I do not have sugar problems nor have I ever. This drug was prescribed to me as a appetite suppressant and to assist with weight lost. Started bydureon weighing 205lb, six weeks later I currently weigh in at 186lb. There are side effects such as nausea, diarrhea and hard lumps at injection site, however the benefits outweigh those side effects."

Worried · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My husband took his 7th injection of Bydureon in early June 2018 within 24 hours he became very ill. Extreme nausea and vomiting dizziness excessive heartburn and burping, he also passed out without warning. It is now mid September and every 2-3 weeks all those side effects are still there just like flipping on a light switch. He will feel fine and then all the sudden without warning he can't function the sickness is beyond extreme, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW LONG THESE SIDE EFFECTS CAN LAST?"

Type 2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been bloated, with constipation, nausea and eating issues for the 4 weeks I have been on the drug. I am stopping and looking for another alternative. No comment on effectiveness."