User Reviews for Bydureon

Learn more about Bydureon.

Diabetes, Type 2 174 reviews 141 medications

6.9
Summary of Bydureon reviews 174 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Bydureon

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Bydureon for just under a week. I have not been able to eat very much. I am nauseous every day and no very little energy. I've been considering going to see my doctor to see whats wrong with me but I see from these messages that it's probably from the injection. Of course, I've lost a few pounds because I cannot eat anything. I HATE HOW I FEEL!"

Feeling terrible (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Terrible drug took shot for 5 month heartburn, nausea vomiting continue. Quit taking 3 weeks ago. Feel terrible"

Sic August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took my first dose of bydureon last night. Today, I am in intense body wide pain, stomach cramping, diarrhea, headache and hives everywhere. My face, tongue and throat swelled. I just want to crawl in a hole and stay there. My doctor switched me to this because regular insulin burns on injection and worsens my neuropathy. I have tried all the pens and tablets on the market, but I react to them all. I can barely hold my head up as I write this."

lper July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Update I have been on bydureon for six months now and with diet and 40 minutes of exercise a day I have lost 64 lbs. This drug has been a great for me. I never thought I would ever take it off but I am. I only have 24 more lbs to go to be at my normal weight. I have had very minimal side effects. If you are taking this for diabetes take advantage of what can happen with diet and exercise."

Lorrie44 July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Few years ago started with Trulicity, then insurance made me switch to Tanzeum and now had to switch to Bydureon. Couple of issues. The corkscrew on my second box. When I twist the green I hear the click and the medicine window only has part of the liquid the base has pushed out some of the medicine into the cap. I take off the needle cap and there is liquid in the cap, at 125 a pen. So, either I have a bad box of 4 or there is defect on these, did not happen on box 1 but on box 2 the first 2 pens had this. First and second day side effects for me are horrendous, nausea and just feel awful. Never had these issues with prep or side effects with either Trulicity or Tanzeum. But its all up to insurance companies at the end, they decide what is best for you."

aa1959less6 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken this medication 4 times. I am definitely eating more than I did on Trulicity or Victoza. I am afraid to look at the scale. I crave sugar. Does this happen to anyone else? Does this change? I am nervous I will put back on all the weight I lost in the past 7 months. I do not have the terrible heartburn that I had on Trulicity though."

Buying Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just took my third injection last night. I still feel hungry on this medication. Wondering if it takes a while for the medication to kick in. I am hoping this med works well for me. I have had no pain with the shots, no medication leaking back out of injection site (maybe a drop) and no sight of lumps that people reference in posts. Hoping for weight loss from this medication, but don't see that happening at this stage. Maybe it takes several weeks to start working. Interesting that I was not able to tolerate Byetta for even one day but have had no issues with Buydureon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon for over six months. I have noticed a big improvement in a1c which is now down to 7.1 at last appt. The problem I have is that I get three months at a time since living some distance from the pharmacy in a different town. I am at the end of the three month fill and my blood sugars are jumping. I suspect that it may have been mishandled by the pharmacy, left out in open, even though I refrigerate it as soon as I get home. Maybe its something else, but suspect improper handling. Also on metformin and jardiance."

Type Two July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Bydureon 3 days ago. I was sure I would be sick when started it as I was instantly sick on Byetta in the past. I was not nauseated at all on Bydureon. Bydureon was a painless shot, and I have had no side effects so far. I was on Victoza (2 years) and Trulicity (1 year). Victoza gave me major headaches when I first started it and eventually caused me to gain weight in the end. Trulicity made me blood sugar go all over for the first month and gave some pretty serious random nausea. In the end, it too felt like it was becoming less effective. I am hoping Buydureon is a good medication for me. Will report more later."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started the medication on Sunday. I read any and all reviews I could find. I sat it on the counter for at least 20 minutes. I used an ice pack after the injection. I thought I was doing great until Monday evening when I started the most horrible side effects. I had to call in sick to work on Tuesday. My blood sugar reading so are the best I've ever had and I don't have an appetite at all."

CatMonroe June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have used the weekly injection twice. Both times the needle was painless, but the medicine stings hard for about 30 seconds. I have not had any side effects and don't know if it is really lowering my blood glucose. I have had some lower readings, but most are just as high as before. However, it is extremely expensive and when I pull out the needle, a lot of the medicine leaks out as well. I have not figured out how to stop it so I wonder am I getting as much as I am supposed to and how much money is dripping out?"

KatMarq (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The cost of this medication is $721.25 per month this is absolutely crazy. The prescription card that was supplied was supposed to assist with the cost for 12 weeks at $25.00 I was definitely bamboozled. Will not be purchasing this overly priced medication."

Ms. Andrews May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On the package, it clearly states, that of the view of the medication does not like it shows in the booklet, then discard it. So far in 6 weeks, I have had to throw 2 pens away. A very expensive procedure for me. Is there a method to recover the lost money or replace the defective pens?"

FurdFarkle May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking bydureon for about 4 months. I don't follow any diets. I take the shot once a week and for 3 days I can't stand food. I've lost 45 lbs so far and although its awesome that the pounds are coming off the side effects I don't care for. I'm not a fan of needles and I have awful pains in my stomach aside from that my blood sugar readings are average in the 85 to 110 range. My A1C is 7.0 from 8.5"

Nancy in Florida May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on bydureon for 4 months now. I have so far with low carb diet and exercise I have lost 44 lbs. I encourage if you are on this meds take advantage of it even if you are on it for diabetes still follow a low carb diet and exercise for 30 minutes a day. You won't believe how the weight comes off."

Lorrie44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used bydureon seven weeks before I stopped because of the lumps at each injection site. My doctor said they would go away. It's been three weeks since I stopped and I still have all seven lumps. This is ridiculous. No shot should leave lumps like that."

Lumpy7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on bydureon for 15 months. Recently, I started experiencing nausea and vomiting after my weekly injections so I am going to be switching to trulicity. I really did well on bydureon in the past. I lost 30 to 35 lbs total and my A1Cs went down to 6-7. I've had tons of knots but they usually go away in a couple months. I'm hoping there will be less bleeding with the trulicity since it has a smaller needle and none of the mixing hassle. The only reason I don't give bydureon a 10 rating is because of the mixing, knots and bleeding."

LizMason April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started Bydureon last night for the first time. I put lidocaine cream on my stomach where I was going to inject. After a few false starts, I injected quickly and had to check to see if needle was actually in. I felt nothing when it went in. Medicine did burn a little when it went it and burned afterwards for several minutes. Nothing that was too bad. I did rub the area after it went in to try to prevent the knots. I also put on sea bands about an hour before the shot, planning to wear them for 48 hours. Some GI issues, but not sure if related to shot or not. Overall, not a bad experience so far, knock wood."

Antoniobandana (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm on my 3rd weekly dose. Today I went through the usual procedure of mixing the 2mg pen, following the " clear " instructions ... No Pun intended !! I never did get the dosage to mix. There was a Jell like Blob visible through the glass. It looked like a Alien from another planet. I tried for 30 minutes to get it to mix with no luck. Eventually I threw the pen away... It's fine for those in the Ivory Towers, telling me to discard the pen.. They obviously they are a lot richer than I am. Throwing that pen away, cost me BIG MONEY.... How about a replacement pen for my trouble ??? LOT: HK0463"

Bootneck58 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Bydureon Pen for 7 weeks now A1C dropped from 7.8 to 6.3 and I lost 7 lbs . I've had no side effects so far and my appetite is cut in half. I eat pretty good meals, I don't get to exercise like I would like to because I have knee problems. I am definitely satisfied with Bydureon, after been on Actos and metforming for years. I hope it continues to work this well for me."

Nikittana April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started Bydureon a few days ago. The needle was intimidating and while I did not get any lumps (so far) at the injection sight on my thigh, I bled a lot and bruised. Within an hour of my injection, I experienced heart palpitations, dizziness and extreme lethargy. Then, the extreme vomiting started. I vomited every 2 hours for 12 hours straight, it was terrible. The next day, I was just a little nauseous but okay. Now, I experience queasiness and loss of appetite. I am nervous to take my next injection due to the extreme vomiting. I am hoping the results are worth it."

Northwest Jen March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am now on bydureon for nine weeks now. So far I lost 30 and a half pounds. I am eating right and exercising with the injection. I have some nausea the first 2 days after injection but not real bad. Also at injection site I was getting lumps but took someone's advice on here to apply ice for 15 minutes after injection and it works. I am very grateful to have this meds."

Lorrie44 March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was worried about side effects after reading the reviews online, but happy to report that my side effects were very minimal. I actually really liked what bydureon did for my blood sugars and my weight loss. It also curbed my appetite without giving me really really bad heartburn. Unfortunately that's where the good news ends for me. I have a few doses left but I just can't take the pain. It is a significantly wider needle than Tanzeum that I was on before (can't afford it anymore), and the actual injection hurts a lot. I find that I have to inject a little at a time. Not to mention that prepping the injection is a pain in the @$$. As soon as they figure out a better different delivery system I wouldn't hesitate to get back on Bydureon."

frostedfreckles March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started on the weekly injection after oral hypoglycaemic tablets stopped controlling my Blood Sugar Level (BSL). The effect was pretty much instant. Within two weeks my BSL had normalised and I had lost weight. I am still on track and have lost 6 kegs in 3 months. Some tips from me: Take the injection out of the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to mixing and injecting it mixes better and doesn't hurt to inject. Take an anti-nausea to medication 30 minutes prior to the injection and take the injection at night before you go to bed. Eat small regular food 6 times a day with high fat (fat has no glycaemic index) moderate protein(90gm /day) and low carb (<100gms day). All this has helped me feel and look good, lose weight and have normal BSL."

HaydeeC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So far I am very pleased with my results from taking Bydureon for some 4 months. I have lost 8 kgs and my Hba1C has gone from 8.9 to 7. I have lumps but they do gradually go after a period of time, have had some bruising also. My main concern is the nausea which I still experience spasmodically and absolute lack of appetite. Certain foods I only have to look at and it is a real turn off. But I will put up with all the above as I have finally lost some weight by eating minute amounts 6 times a day and my Blood Sugars are the lowest they have been for approximately 3 years and it is so rewarding to hear friends say "you have lost weight, you look great""

Denny from Australia (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017