User Reviews for Etonogestrel systemic

Endometriosis
4.1

Summary of Etonogestrel reviews 5.6 5,396 reviews

Reviews for Etonogestrel

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I chose to get nexplanon to help with my terrible periods. My hormones have been off lately. I was getting hot flashes and my cramps were unbearable. I thought that if my periods went away it would be a great. Also not having to worry about getting pregnant. I've only been on Nexplanon for a little over two months. I've had nothing but issues from the start. The nexplanon area was bruised and sore for weeks. Couldn't sleep on that side of my body and if I used that arm I would get a tingling pain feeling in it. My periods have lasted for 3 weeks each. It starts off light then it's like a waterfall. I've gained weight, I'm moody, and extremely depressed. Little things set me off and I've become super emotionally. I've never been one to cry but I can't count the times I have since I've been on this birth control. My sex drive is completely gone. I'm giving it a few more months but I will most likely get it taken out. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone."

Carebear3137 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I just recently got nexplanon removed after 4 years. I enjoyed being on it. Beside irregular periods I gained weight that I needed and there was no effect on my acne. Moods were a bit scattered at first but with my psychiatrist prescribing antidepressants I was okay. I have only had it out for a day and really considering going back for a new one. I recommend this product if you are in tune with yourself and comfortable with minor side effects."

Niesh (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm very nervous and I don't know if I should get it. My periods come every once in a while and when I'm on my period I get angry and then cry for no reason. Will this be heightened or will this slow down."

Kenna17 January 23, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I had nexplanon inserted 6 months ago, my pros are: I haven't had my period ever since it was inserted, my libido has considerably increased, no pains and no kids. Cons: A LOT of weight gain, in the beginning I had a lot of mood swings... I noticed that if I felt just a little sad or if I had any small negative thought - it would aggravate me and I would cry my heart out, so I tried to stay positive but I only became extremely anxious to a point where I couldn’t go sleep (4am rolling in bed). Now I’m on therapy, which is helping me a lot, and I feel like I have more control of my emotions (I don’t know if it’s because of therapy or because I just got to the 6 month mark - or both.) The only other problem that really bothers me is acne... I’ve never had it before in my life but my face is popping ever since nexplanon was inserted... ohhh and I’m always bloated and trying to manage anger. If you have depression and/or anxiety, BEWARE!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I had the nexplanon inserted in 2015 had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. The only change I noticed is I became quite moody during my monthly cycles. Other than that out of all the birth control I’ve tried this has been the best for ME! Everything is not for everyone! My 3 years had expired so I got another one reinserted this past month. I’m getting married in September and will consider having it removed when I want to start a family. At my appointment I questioned the doctor regarding any fertility issues after removal and he reassured me I should be safe."

Morrow83 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "It is NOT WORTH IT. Nexplanon has severely inhibited my life. For starters, the periods! I have been on this for about 10 months now. I have been constantly on my period since I got it in with no signs of stopping, only small (like one or two day) breaks every month or so. I got the birth control so I could have sex, and now I feel like I can’t! The bleeding is so heavy. Loss of sex drive. SERIOUSLY. ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION TO THE MAX. I can’t sleep because I imagine everyone I love dying. I cry when my husband leaves the house because I’m scared he will die in an accident. I get angry over stupid things and start to hate people when I used to pride myself on being kind. My husband begged me to remove the implant because the mood swings and anxiety was so bad. Weight gain. A lot of it. I’ve never struggled with my weight before. Now with the nexplanon I have gained 50 pounds with exercise and dieting, and the scale keep going up no matter what I do- it’s hopeless."

Appleasha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had this implant in for 9 months now and wanted to share my experience. For the first 3 months it was great, no weight gain, no effect on sex drive etc. I had irregular bleeding but was told this can take up to 6 months to sort itself out (which it did). Around month 4 I started to notice changes in my mood, I'm now on month 9 and have crippling anxiety. I've always had anxiety to some extent so I'm not blaming it completely on Nexaplanon but I can tell you it's gotten MUCH worse. I'm seeing my gp tomorrow to see if he will put me on medication to help with my anxiety- I've never felt my anxiety was bad enough to do this but I honestly can't take it anymore. If you have a history of mental health I would seriously think twice about getting this implant. As a birth control it's great, think it's almost impossible to get pregnant with it in, which is why I'm not rating it that badly!"

Internationalgirl January 20, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "For some this method works and is amazing. For me it was NOT! I only had it for a month. As soon as I got it my moods went crazy. My counsellor told me to get it taken out immediately because I was becoming depressed and my anger got out of control. It did help my heavy bleeding. But I couldn't handle the headaches. Mood swings. The final straw was when my chest hurt. I went back to the doctor 4 different times and they kept refusing to remove it. I literally had to go in with a razor and threaten to cut it out myself before they would remove it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "It is 10/10"

Ash January 18, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "The majority of the side affects I already had prior to using this method. It work great for me cuz I hate shots and not always good with time for the pills. I walk a lot to keep my stress levels down. I bleed 3 times a year for like weeks at a time one time it was on for 7 weeks and another time it was on for 2 weeks. Or I would spot one week and then it's on heavy for 5 days. But cycle was never the same after giving birth to three kids back to back."

Nikki January 18, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had Nexplanon for 1 year and 1 month so far. I have had no period since having it inserted which would be great if I was not a total Psycho. I have never had acne in my life until now and I am 40 yrs old. I have experienced the anxiety that others have talked about, for the first-time. Body aches and fatigue are severe. I haven't gained weight but I have absolutely NO interest in sex. I have been with my partner for almost 12 years and I don't know if my relationship will last. There is no hint that I will get pregnant but that could have Everything to do with me having no sex. I would not recommend this drug. Good luck ladies."

Miss (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "Sharing this since I am getting my nexplanon removed tomorrow. I have had it since April 2016 and am very satisfied with my experience! I have had very few periods since I got it inserted, which made me nervous at first but then I got used to it. I already had depression/anxiety before insertion and didn’t notice any change to it with the nexplanon insertion. I did have a lower sex drive compared to on the pill, but there are other possible confounding reasons for that. I didn’t gain/lose a significant amount of weight, no change in acne. I’ve heard horror stories but mine certainly wasn’t!"

H (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "This may be completely different for you. This was not for me. Before the nexplanon I was going through depression/ anxiety and this made it 10 times worse. I also had problems with my hands and feet going numb. I decided to inform my doctors about this and they told me it was just me and wasn’t the birth control. I have gained weight, had really bad headaches and also really bad vaginal bleeding which today is the sixth day and doesn’t look like stopping. This literally makes me feel pregnant and my stomach is bloated as anything. I will be getting it removed March 18"

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "One year experience. DEPRESSION - I've never had it in my life and didn't expect it. Severe depression and suicidal thoughts. Every day was a struggle and I assumed there were other reasons or situations that was causing the depression. My anger would explode in ways I didn't think was possible. I already have a decent level of natural anger so this increased it to the point where I felt I could have been physically dangerous to someone. I had thoughts of extreme anger and intrusive thoughts. Very disturbing. The morning after I had it removed it felt like an anvil was lifted off my chest and a cloud was removed from my head. It's only been a few days now but I can tell that my hormones are levelling out. My anger has lowered back down to pre-nexplanon levels and the consistent depression has left me. I would take my mental health over a 3 year BC plan, any day. On the positive side - no pregnancies, no weight gain and light spotting every so often."

Finally relief January 12, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve had nexplanon just over a year now and the only downside is that I get annoying brown discharge in my underwear a lot and my period comes more frequently. Other than that it’s been great."

Nexolanonuser (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "It gave me IBS, depression, hair thinning, weight gain, bloated stomach/diarrhea, severe anxiety & panic attacks, blurry vision, dizziness & headaches... I get it out next week. THANK GOD. Do not take this. It seems intriguing because it's so easy and highly effective, but the side effects are a killer."

not happy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I had this back in 2016 and had it for 6 months got off of it due to weight gain. Then I got back on it 11/5/18 (day after I had my son) and it’s way different from the first time I had it. This time I have headache so severe that I have to lay in bed all day under the cover or I have to take meds to calm it down a little but it will still be hurting. Also my periods are weird I'll been bleeding for 2 months but it stops for a few hours and come right back but never fully leaves. May be the reason I have high blood pressure bit sure but I’m really thinking about getting it out."

Lexx January 11, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "BIG MISTAKE, ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE! I have talked to people who have nexplanon and some say they love it and some have had terrible experiences with it. Unfortunately I have had a terrible experience. I got this thing inserted May 2018 and it by month 4 I began to HATE it. Unlike other people, I did not have terrible depression/anxiety with this but I did start getting LONG and very PAINFUL periods. I start having stomach pains about a week prior to my period and when I get it the first 3 days I can barely function or walk. Not to mention the terrible headaches. My periods now on month 8 last up to 2 weeks. I can't wait to get this thing out. For anyone considering it: it is very affective and reliable. I do enjoy not having to worry about taking a pill everyday, but the side effects are not worth it. However, if you want to take a chance, go for it. Theres no way to tell how your body will react until you try."

normaliT January 10, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "Getting Nexplanon was the worst mistake I have ever made! This birth control has been added to the list of high risk birth control as I found out like Yaz etc. It can cause internal bleeding. The side effects are horrendous it killed all my libido I can’t get wet for the life of me. I am so sore down in my private area and now I’m afraid I am severely depressed. Mood swings are at all time highest. I've been having like a viral cold and scabbing in my nose non stop. Back pain abdominal pain. Constant sugary food cravings if I don’t eat chocolate everyday feels like I am going to freak out. They said it should balance out after 6 months I had it for 10 and it only got worse!"

Fifi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I had nexplanon inserted shortly after the birth of my kid in August 2016, and thought everything was fine until December of 2016 when I realized I had gained 10 lbs in Nov. I went and had my thyroid tested and everything came back normal. The doctor had no answer and gave me the spiel about better eating. Through 2017-2018, I keep gaining weight until I gained 40 lbs. I also began having uncontrollable PAINFUL breakouts that were resistant to everything I used, short of accutane and retinol. I changed my eating habits, became more active in my free time, and picked up a second job. In total, I gained 60 lbs while on nexplanon. My hair and nails also thinned and became brittle, and it worsened my depression. I hated this birth control so much. I had it removed in January 2019. For those still reading the pros are: Never having to think about it No period, for those of us who have heavy or painful periods. Cons: Literally everything else"

CJ January 9, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "Worst thing ever!!!! So In October of 2017 I got the implant because I’m terrified of getting pregnant and condoms aren’t 100% effective. So I went to the doctors they told me the implant was great. They lied for a year and a half I have had my period. I got 3 days out of the month when it went away and I wasn't bleeding. And about 6 months ago I started to have severe anxiety to where I was in the ER all the time. I could barely do anything at all it was crippling. It was so bad my body would tense up and go numb. I also got vertigo.....I’m 23 usually older people get vertigo. But anyways I just got it out today so hopefully now my anxiety will calm down. I had social anxiety when I was like 16 but it went away I’ve never had full on anxiety like this. So I do not recommend at all!!!!!"

Becca (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I was nervous about getting this type of birth control, considering I’ve never been on birth control before in general. I experienced spotting of old blood for the first two weeks after it was inserted accompanied by crazy mood swings. After the first two weeks, the mood swings subsided and so did the spotting. At first I began to get regular periods that would last about 7 days with very mild cramps and spotting of dry blood a week before my period. This happened in a pattern like that until eventually my period stopped all together (which I’m not going to complain about!) I haven’t experienced any mood swings, weight gain or breakouts either! So Overall, I really like this form of birth control! The first two weeks were difficult, but it’s definitely worth going through in the end. I would definitely recommend."

Shaylee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I read both positive & negative reviews before trying nexplanon. It was fully covered & my obgyn had all good things to say. The procedure was easy & I was optimistic. It ended up being the WORST medical decision ever. I bled non stop for 5+ months. My mood swings were unreal & I felt like a different (psycho) person! I cried when I was upset & even when I was happy. My relationship suffered because of the mood swings. I tried to “hang in there”, as recommended, but after over 5 months, I needed it out. It ended up being very difficult for my doctor to remove & took almost an hour of her digging & me bleeding to finally extract it. It took almost another month to start to feel normal again. I know it has worked for some, but for me it would not be worth the risk! I cannot fully explain how horrendous my experience was & it wasn’t easy or quick switch back. My now fiancé (god bless him lol) & I now joke about the demon the implant made me. Please beware ladies & good luck!"

Kelly January 8, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "First I would say all meds work differently for everyone. I had this birth control 3 times, which I had in for 9 years. I finally got it taken out around August 2017. I figure 9 years was enough. I really enjoyed having it because I would have a period maybe every 7-8 months for 3 days. The only thing I would complain about is hair thinning out."

Bun (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2019

Nexplanon (etonogestrel) for Birth Control: "I got the nexplanon when I was 17 and I'm currently 23. I've replaced it twice and have never had any problems with it. I didn't get any negative side effects besides not getting my period every month but that wasn't a problem for me."

Mel January 4, 2019

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...