User Reviews for Ethosuximide to treat Seizures

Also known as: Zarontin

Ethosuximide Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Ethosuximide

denise1973 · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

“My daughter has been on the generic ethosuximide for only 2 weeks, and it's made her miserable. She gets sweats, it keeps her up at night, and she is experiencing weakness-like, she feels like she can't get out of bed. This is with only taking 1 capsule before bed. They wanted her up to 3 a day by the end of the month. I don't know if we can get the name brand at all, or if it would even be any better. All in all, I think we will be going with something else.”

wendy · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 27, 2019

“the medicine ethosuximide is fine and works as advertised for seizures. My issue is that in 2018 I was paying $40.00 dollars for this - in 2019 the price went up to $189.10 - that's a significant jump and I don't understand why that is - please contact Cigna insurance and work out a solution on the price of this medication - this is overpriced and the jump is erroneous.”

Mai Vicky April 5, 2016

“I have used ethosuximide for my daughter who is 8 years for the past 3 weeks and its amazing. It is working a 100% the seizures seem to have disappeared. Although I have to import it from another country. and can only get it in syrup form and would prefer tables”

Cat5150 January 5, 2016

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “I love this medicine, would give it a 10 but it is always an ordeal to get it. I tried the genetic and it did not control my seizures as well. Super expensive but worth it. I can work, have a family and go outside during the day.”

purplestrong · Taken for 10 years or more September 23, 2015

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “I would give this a score of 10 BUT being a VERY hard to find drug I had to give it a 9. I took this for 16 years but finally had to switch to keppra because of it becoming rare to find at pharmacies and having to skip doses and go without. Over all side effect wise I would rate it a solid 9”

Anonymous January 6, 2012

“My daughter has been on this medication for 3 months now I will say that it is effective. Most of the time she is seizure free but does experience side effects such as upset stomach and restless at night.”

Anonymous November 6, 2011

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “Its only been 3 weeks that my daughter has been taking her medication but I have seen very good results.”

Anonymous July 4, 2010

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “I have been using this medication for 14 years without any problems or breakthrough seizures. I tried to switch to the generic version without success. It made me feel foggy brained. Too bad, because it is a lot cheaper.”

Anonymous April 18, 2010

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “Works very well in combination with Dilantin to control seizures. I have been taking this drug for over 25 years and have no problems. It is not a common drug and many doctors have not heard of it, but the pharmacy gets it for me. It is expensive and not covered by most insurance. The generic brand does not seem to work as well.”

james1957 March 30, 2010

Zarontin (ethosuximide): “This medicine is very good at controlling me so I can work part time. Now its hard to get, or not at all. Got 3 weeks supply left then guess they switch me and I go through seizures again. ”