User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel 0.5/50, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Endometriosis
7.1

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
5.8

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 5.8 221 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this birth control since I was a freshman in high school. I'm 19 now and I'd have to say I've really had no problems. I started Low-Ogestrel 28 after having major problems with some other I tried out. You might have some nausea for the first few months but it goes away once your body gets used to it. I had terrible heavy periods and hormonal acne and it makes my period way more regular. I know the exact day and time my period will start every month and they are shorter and lighter. Plus I've been in a serious relationship for a long time where we don't use condoms so I know it works lol. 10/10"

Faith (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Definitely not the right pill for me. I have absolutely noticed an increase in appetite since going on it (feeling hungry all the time, occasionally binge eating), which has caused me to gain weight. Then while taking the placebo at the end of the month, I noticed that I had no appetite at all. Sex also does not interest me at all anymore because of this pill, and I have noticed that I am a little more anxious in general since going on it."

lvr (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I love this birth control compared to the three I've been on. I took it for a year and had the best skin of my life, my periods completely went away not even cramping, and my breasts were a cup size bigger than normal. I'm looking to start taking it again four months post partum. I quit taking it for only one week and became pregnant ( planned pregnancy and happened a lot faster than I thought.) The pill they put me on after pregnancy has done the opposite of what this pill did for me and I'm having two periods a month and extremely moody. I miss this birth control and can't wait to start it again. I'd give it 10 stars but I had a lot of yeast infections while taking this birth control and none anymore. It's worth the yeast infections honestly to me. I'd rather go get monistat than go through so many tampons and underwear with heavy bleeding."

Yo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Crystelle for years before I had children and it was wonderful! I went back on it a year after baby #3 and this time around I had 4 to 5 day migraines the week of my period. I stuck with it for 4 months to see if they would go away but they never did. I suppose my body changed, which is a bummer because this one worked so well for so long prior. No complaints from the previous years I took it."

aubelle (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 26, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on this for a year, they told me this birth control helped with acne so I listened. I noticed my skin was getting worse but I always suffered from acne since I was 13. I noticed a change in my behavior, I would get angry a lot, cried more. I recently decided to stop taking this medicine to do an experiment to see if anything would change when I stopped. My acne has completely cleared up now I'm off it I just have a zit here and there. I'm also happier, not as tired. I even went to my dermatologist and she said she's never heard of this birth control to help with acne which is really weird. So for anyone who is deciding to try this as there birth control I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're using it for an acne regiment. I have seen people comment that they have tried this for a month and noticed more acne, and some people were saying that's because there body didn't get used to it yet. Well I'm here to say that I was on this for almost two years and I had the exact same issues the whole time."

Ally June 15, 2018

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began taking LO when I was 18 as my periods were always painful, heavy, a full week long and irregular for the 5 years before beginning this medication, with cycles anywhere from 18 days to 35 days. The bad cramps, heavyish flow and lengthy period never really went away when I began the pill, which is the only reason I give this less than a 10/10. I fortunately never had a problem with my skin, and LO definitely didn't create any problem. The main reason I was prescribed this pill over any other is because it's totally covered by insurance. It has been very effective at doing what it's supposed to for me, ie preventing pregnancy and it's a really nice bonus to not have to panic about not being protected from a period that I don't know when to expect. I am going to stop taking this pill only because after 3.5 years, I am sooooo tired of taking a pill every day. I'll just take my chances lol."

leedlelee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2018

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "After dealing with breakthrough bleeding from other pills my doctor switch me to this. I gave it 3 months and I'm having the worst acne of my life even as a teenager my face was not this bad I look like a drug addict and I'm embarrassed and I'm getting off of this immediately."

MotivatedMomOf2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have taken Cryselle for nearly eight years now. I was prescribed this birth control when I became sexually active. It's purpose was to control my abnormally heavy flow and to prevent pregnancy. For the last three years, I have been miserable. I did not believe that my worsening anxiety and depression were caused by my hormones, much less the prescription that I had taken for seven years. My blood pressure has been recorded at very high levels. My sweating is excessive and I have panic attacks regularly. My anxiety has never been so out of control and I have withdrawn from my friends and family because of my uncontrollable mood swings. I have turned into an impulsive, irritable and unhappy woman out of nowhere and I need a different hormone therapy as soon as possible. If you experience worsened depression with this medication, please do not wait like me. Everyone's body is different. Go speak with your doctor."

seniorsister (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control I have ever taken. Dr prescribed me this to prevent pregnancy / treat cramps. I have always had horrible menstrual cramps but this has only made them worse. Every month I have debilitating cramps, headaches, bloating, mood swings. My periods are shorter and lighter but that's about the only positive point I can give to this brand. Makes me feel nauseas, light headed, and crampy in between periods. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Terrible went on Crystelle for acne but it made it 100 times worse!! I had these small bumps all over my face and my face hurt to the touch it was so raw and dry and it just kept breaking out. Was on this for 3 months and once I switched to tri-sprintec my acne cleared it took 2 months because of how bad this pill messed everything up. On cryselle I gained like 13 pounds in a span of 3 months. Also it made my periods horribly painful long and heavy which they were never before the only thing this pill did was regulate my periods but made them terrible. Do not go on this pill if you have acne or acne prone skin"

Faith (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had been on this pills for 10 months at first it was fine but then my mood swings change like crazy. Made me really psychotic and depressed for no reasons at all. It made my skin very dry and dull, my appetite also decreased. I didn't have any acne though and my period was very light which is bonus. I stopped using it few months ago and I feel like normal again. On another pill now hoping to work this time."

Caliluv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’m 21 and have been on cryselle since I was a junior in high school. I initially started it because I was having bad period cramps and clotting. I would pass out from blood loss and pain. Cryselle has completely eliminated all cramps and heavy blood flow. My periods only last 4-5 days! I love it! I also had no side effects"

Rb (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’m 24 and I’ve been taking this pill for almost 9 years. It is wonderful, I’ve never had a bad side effect. People writing negative reviews clearly have just started taking or only for a few months and their bodies have not adjust or reacted well to the hormone shift. This could happen with any drug as people’s bodies react differently. But do not be afraid!"

Nataytay March 21, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was one of those girls who has anxiety over trying new medicines. I looked up everything online and got scared easily. However, I have been on Cryselle for four years now. And I love it. A lot of people share the negative stories behind it but I want to share my good experience. I have not gained weight from this drug at all, no mood swings or anything like that. My periods went from being 7-8 days of hell, to 4-5 days of livable periods. The only downside (and this isn't even that bad) is that my breasts have become more tender a few days before my period. Thats it. No crazy cramps or bad blood clots. This was the first birth control I tried and it worked well for me. Everyone reacts different, but I wanted to share my good experience and possibly get rid of some girls anxiety about this pill."

BrookeAlise March 19, 2018

Elinest (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on cryselle-28 for a long time until my pharmacy decided to change it to elinest. I immediately started getting horrible hormonal acne all on my jaw line , realized my birth control was switched to this generic brand and made my pharmacy switch back. Will never be on any other birth control again."

Horrible hormonal acne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on cryselle for two months and my overall experience has been pretty decent. The last birth control I was on made me extremely nauseous all the time. Cryselle, in my case, has only 2 cons. I have extremely sore breast and I have a more acne."

unicornlover0629 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "At first this pill was wonderful. I experienced after a few months that I was super depressed & sad over nothing. Mood swings constantly and stomach pains all the time on and off my cycle. I became so sad I started having horrible anxiety and then panic attacks on the regular. I cried one to two times weekly over nothing & my relationship started to get sour because of the roller coaster moods. Severe headaches and nausea right after I stopped taking the pill for my cycle and cramps so horrible I couldn't stand. I was also so tired and had no sex drive. I was unable to enjoy an orgasm because it took so long for me to have one I would give up. I always had a high sex drive this caused more sadness and anxiety for me. I went on the website and had every side effect at least once and decided it was time to get off the pill. This isn't how a young 24 year old should feel. Please read the side effects asap and do not take this pill any longer if you start to have these same side effects."

Sadgirllll February 19, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I just began week 3 of my pack. This has been the absolute worst experience side effect wise I've ever had. I've used other BC pills, had Mirena, the depo shot, and also used the patch over the last 17 years. No problems from ANY of them except this awful medication. In 3 weeks I have gained 15 pounds (3 of those 15 were gained the first day taking my first pill. I ate maybe 1,200 calories and did 45 mins of cardio that day so I know.... I have psychotic mood swings, and it has interfered with my sleep so badly that I have to take SEVEN Tylenol PM to fall asleep. I am on no other meds, and have no health problems. It is so bad I'm considering quitting taking it a week early. If you're reading this and considering taking this med please, DON'T!"

Kristin Luttrell (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I never would recommend. Its only prevented pregnancy. I've had every worse side a effect. Ever since I started it I've bled so heavy for over a month. I feel like I'm sick n dizzy from blood loss. I have major headaches and episodes of crying. Episodes of anger, depression, irritation frustration like a psycho. I'm not myself at all. I'm in such a dark places. I can't take it! It's ruining my life. I've never been so mad and sad in my life. Uncontrollably miserable in and out everyday. If I'm not raging annoyed for small stuff I'm blank blah and annoyed and I mentally breakdown every other day. I'm switching to ortho tri cyclen. Something about cryselle will make you cry forever. If you want to be negative all the time, just plain miserable, n unpleasant to be around or want to be a psycho this pills for u. I can't believe how horrible this is."

Scarybitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took this medication for 3 days and it was terrible. The first day everything was fine. On the second day I had a slight headache and I felt bloated. The third day was the worse. I felt fine the entire day and took the pill in the evening and went to the gym. I felt very uncomfortable and I noticed my stomach was visibly bloated and I felt sick. My stomach proceeded to get bigger till the point I started to puke. After that point I stopped taking the medication and have been feeling fine."

Anonymous January 25, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this for a year and I haven’t had any bad side effects. No weight gain or anything. I was recently prescribed Trinessa and have never taken it. I want to stick with cryselle."

Starr777 January 20, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this medication for almost 6 years, and other than a few side effects, it’s amazing - honestly. The side effects are mostly related to PMS, tender breasts, and some mood swings, but that could also just be me. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons. Pros are short, light, and very regular period; no weight gain; reduced acne; and, above all, no pregnancies in my 6 years of using it! So yay!"

junebug34 January 6, 2018

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been taking Cryselle for about a year now and there seems to be only ONE con: yeast infections. My OBGYN told me that this could be possible but getting yeast infections every 3-5 months is not my favorite thing in the world. The pill works great otherwise, absolutely no mood swings, no change in my mood/character at all, no acne, no weight gain or loss, no loss of appetite. My sex drive did lower a tad in the beginning but now it’s back to normal. Honestly if this pill didn’t make me prone to yeast infections it would be absolutely perfect."

GiselleBe December 12, 2017

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my first birth control I have ever been on. I've been on this pill going on two years. It does its job in the field of preventing pregnancy. The only thing I dislike about it is I get very moody at times while on it, if I skip a pill and have to double up on it the next night I get a real bad headache! I have experienced weight gain as well, which no girl cares for. But like they all say every one is different."

Moodytrojan09 September 21, 2017

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was on it for about a year and 2 months. Experienced no weight gain or mood swings. My acne was not severe by any means but it did flare the first month I started taking low-ogestrel, which went away the next month. Still get occasional pimples closer to my period. Had to switch because after about 11-12 months I started spotting during the active pills, which turned into full blown periods that would last for 2 weeks. Tried to ride it out because my doctor suggested it might be a hiccup, but it continued for two more months. Was bummed because I loved this birth control."

Alc14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017