User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel

Also known as: Cryselle, Elinest, Lo/Ovral, Lo/Ovral-28, Low-Ogestrel-21, Low-Ogestrel-28, Ogestrel, Ogestrel 0.5/50, Ogestrel-28, Ovral, Ovral-21, Ovral-28

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 166 medications

7.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 20 reviews 168 medications

5.7
Birth Control 133 reviews 285 medications

5.4
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel reviews 161 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestrel

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Breakthrough bleeding all month for almost two years, extreme irritability, to the point that I came here to read others' moods when on this drug. Also, the PMS symptoms last all month long. I am only level headed when it's the week off. No sex drive, bloating, cramping, nausea, fatigue and really greasy hair. I am going to ask for a new pill. I tried to stay on this pill, but, it's bad in every way."

Anonymous September 21, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Cryselle for about 6 years. I had severe fatigue and lack of energy, was physically exhausted and drained no matter how much sleep I got, my hair was falling out like crazy, I had water retention and headaches, I was irritable and moody and I had extremely low sex drive. I eat healthy, exercise regularly, and have had my thyroid and blood sugar checked, as well as blood tests for anemia, etc, all came back normal. The fatigue and lack of energy was what really bothered me and after doing my own research I discovered this can all be related to my BC. I'm now trying a new pill. Each person is different so what may work for someone may not work for someone else. The positives were my periods were very light and I did not get pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 15, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this medication for a week after switching from my old pill. I was getting more and more nauseous each day until I woke up on the 7th morning of taking it to horrible nausea and vomiting. I will not be continuing to take this pill."

mellonmojito (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my second time around of being on it and it's way worse than the first time. Well, at least the first month was HORRIBLE and when I say horrible I mean horrible. My period had came way too early, it came like the second week starting the pills, lasted the rest of the month, cramps were so bad that they woke me up out of a dead sleep every 1-2 hours, nothing helped to ease the pain. Happened more at night but I had them during the day as well. It was that bad I almost had to call off work and I'm the type that never calls off, I'd have to be dying. Now I'm almost through my second month, it's going A LOT better! This month was better than last. I suggest to give it time, let it run it's course even if it gets horrible like mine did."

Little J September 5, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was on this pill for two years. Gained about 15 pounds, had cystic acne around my periods, and my mood swings were unbelievable. I would find myself getting so angry and irritated at everyone and everything for absolutely no reason. Perks were I didn't get pregnant and my periods were short and light, with no cramping. This was my 6th pill I tried and after this I gave up and switched to an IUD. Couldn't be happier."

collegestudent2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had an awful experience on this pill. I switched to it 9 months ago, and since then I've gained about 15 lbs. It's given me terrible acne and headaches. I'm waiting for a different pill now, I can't wait to be off of this stuff. Everyone has different reactions to different BC's, but I would highly suggest using a different one if you can."

RileyLeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Cryselle for about a year now and I could never understand why I was feeling so depressed, irritable, and down. After I stopped taking them I didn't have those issues anymore so you do the Math. If you don't want to feel like you're breaking down mentally, I would not recommend this product."

Nicety83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Most of these reviews aren't so good and most of the reviewers aren't giving their body enough time to adjust to the hormones. Your body is trying to get used to the pill so that's why during the first month you may get some unpleasant side effects like mood swing and acne.. I had nightmares for the first 3 weeks sore breasts after that and acne breakouts. My first period on Cryselle was horrible, the cramps were awful but everyone's different. I'm still going to give my body the opportunity to adjust to cryselle. If youre having some unpleasant side effects while on Cryselle talk to your doctor especially if its something serious. But don't be quick to give up the pill because of things like acne and sore breasts. Things can improve!"

Sarah Knowels July 20, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on multiple different bc pills because I always end up getting breakthrough bleeding after 8 months or so. This pill I've been on the longest 2 years and I just started experiencing the breakthrough bleeding 4 months ago. It would start around my second week of pills and I would begin with all the pms symptom first.. Swollen breast, bloating, mood swings... Then I would have spotting for a day or two. The spotting would go away but the pms symptoms would stay until I got my period at the scheduled time. So the bloating and swollen, tender breast for 3 weeks out of the month got old so my doctor switched me to aleese. I've yet to try it. But over all I didn't have a bad experience with cryselle. I would highly recommend it."

Kkkkkkkkkkk (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Cryselle for 2.5 months now. I've had acne all my life and had finally gotten it under control before starting Cryselle. It's out of control again. Additionally, I've had some serious anxiety/depression/mood swings. I cry all the time and have irrational obsessive/anxious thoughts. The benefits definitely did not outweigh the costs. My GYN is switching my prescription."

DeborahHH July 8, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on these for 6 months, I'm a very petite person and ever since I was 17 I've had crazy bad cramps and acne. I've tried a few different kinds of pills but the low- Ogestrel 28 pills made me sick, cramps never went away and even got worse. My acne got good within a few months but then got bad again. My sex dive has decreased and I hate that, it also has messed with my hormones and I'm already emotional so I'm ten times more upset when I don't need to be. I don't have a good appetite anymore and it making me more sick, also made me throw up when I take them to late. My period goes from 4 days to 2 days, then a week, its all over the place and I would like a steady cycle. so in all these pills are to over the place not really helpful."

DarlingB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I feel like, based on all these reviews you either love it or you hate it. This works wonders for me. The first inactive week, the first period o had on it was HORRIBLE. But after that as my body adjust it really helped. Also I know it's terrible but when I was younger I had unprotected sex and I never worried because I always get my period on the 3rd-4th day of the inactive. Been on them for about three years now, would recommend if you have very little medical history to worry about."

QueenVee (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control completely fine the first week. After the first week I started bleeding bad and continued to take the pill. I had been bleeding for 3 months straight while on cryselle"

Axmas (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill is honestly so terrible. The first week I began taking it, I started to break out all over my face with extremely painful cystic acne. It was uncontrollable. As soon as I started to take the inert pills, my face cleared up. Also this has caused me to form a fibroadenoma in my breast, and I have an extremely extensive family history of breast cancer in young women. I'm only 20 years old and I have fibrocystic breast disease, and I've been on just about every birth control on the market. If you have this condition as well STAY AWAY from this drug at all costs."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've only been on this pill for a week now and my breast have become bigger I was in a C and D in some but non of my C's fit me anymore. And I don't know if this effects it or not but I started the pill on the Sunday my period was on. i also am very nauseous when I wait up or stand up for a long time. My hips have hurt very badly in the past couple of days. Really thinking about stopping this medication"

HNMB June 26, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "No complaints here. BEST BC I've ever been on!"

Veelove26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

Elinest (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Love it, been in it for about 3 1/2 years now....lighter period , less cramping....keeps me regular....I take it every morning with no problems.."

Classy_n_sassy07 June 22, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "The first three weeks on cryselle were pretty awful. I had headaches and stomach pain constantly. But after the first three weeks, all of that ended & now I take it without any issues. As long as you get through those three weeks & stick it out it's awesome! I've lost weight, my periods are light and short & my acne is gone. Definitely recommend this! Just push through those first three weeks!"

Alexiedm June 17, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I swear this pill made me so anxious. I would have so many panic attacks and always feeling the worst was about to happen. It always got better on the period week...the week not on the pill (obvi). I don't know....I don't recommend this pill to someone who may struggle with anxiety or depression. I did perfectly fine on Ortho Tri Cycline other than I had switched due to the irritability I felt. I then realized, I'd rather be a grump than always going in panic mode."

AJT96 June 7, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill twice now. The first time I was in it I used it for 6 months and my doctor decided to take me off of it for some time because I began having breakthrough bleeding and periods as long as if not longer than before I was on the pill and just as painful. After some time on anther pill my doctor reccomended that I go back on it and see how things went the second time around. I have been on it for 6 more months and nothing has changed since the last time. The first few periods were fine and like normal without the pill but again I began to bleed randomly and the pain became worse as well as my normal periods lengthening and becoming heavier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2016

Lo/Ovral (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Loved it at first. Regular light periods 3-4 days no weight gain no cramping, and I could skip my period it was like heaven in the form of a tiny pill. Then unexpectedly after all these years of being on it at the age of 24 I woke up with extreme pain in my right arm inner elbow area I couldn't bend my are all the way or extend it completely without having pain. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle or something but after a week of pain and discomfort I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with a deep vien thrombosis (blood clot) I had to be ambulanced to another hospital and spent 5 days on the surgical floor because they thought they would have to remove it. Thousands of $'s in hospital bills that I struggled to pay at 24"

LEEDXMIIESTON (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "Horrible absolutely horrible. I was on low ogesteral and my pharmacy just switched it to cryselle one day. Within a week a felt depressed and withdrawn and completely not myself. I felt like and would cry at the drop of a dime for no given reason. I barely made it threw one pack before I came off and actually spent a month off birth control until I could get an appointment to get a new pill. I am very sensitive to estrogen so it is possibly that I am an exception but I have never had this experience on other birth control pills."

Britt27c (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Low-Ogestrel-28 (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was put on the pill when I was 16 for a possible ovarian cyst. I was on it for about a year or so before I came off of it for the negative side effects. My body went back to normal straight away and didn't think anything of it. When I met my husband, we talked and decided that it wasn't the right time for us and went back on it. I was on it for 14 months and got off of it for the same reasons as before and also we want to try to concieve. I have not had my period since November. I went to my doctor in January who put me on Provera for ten days and finally got a withdrawal period. It's mid April and still nothing. Don't do it."

Anonymous86135654 April 16, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill makes me taste and smell this nasty sour milk taste all the time. I cannot get rid of it, it makes me so nauseous that the thought of taking it nauseates me already. I get so sick off of it, been on it for over two years and symptoms of nausea never subsided. It has also completely taken away my sex drive, only reason I know this is because once my ex and I broke up I got off of it for four months and I was super horny, so uncontrollably horny, I wanted sex at all hours, but upon going back on it, I have zero desire for it. I've missed many days on this pill, because I rather just not take it, that's how gross it is and sick it makes me feel which obviously reduces its effects. If you can get another, please do."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2016

Cryselle (ethinyl estradiol / norgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I am very displeased. I started cryselle because my previous birth control wasn't strong enough to stop bleeding caused by endometriosis. This drug made me very sad, depressed and angry and I had a lot of mood swings. On top of all of that, I gained 14 pounds in a month. What fun."

9annabanana9 March 16, 2016