User Reviews for Tri-Lo-Estarylla to treat Birth Control

Tri-Lo-Estarylla has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 37% of those users who reviewed Tri-Lo-Estarylla reported a positive effect, while 58% reported a negative effect.

Tri-Lo-Estarylla Rating Summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Lo-Estarylla

AB · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

“(Birth control user for 6 years) Formerly prescribed tri-sprintec and ortho tri-cyclen. My doctor recently switched me to tri-estyarylla. I thought nothing of it since my body usually handles these changes well... but I have never had such bad CYSTIC acne in my life. My jaw is covered in cystic acne and my neck is covered in pimples. My mood is about the same as before. It has been effective preventing pregnancy. But the acne this has caused is awful.”

Mil · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2021

“This birth control has been detrimental to my health. In just six months of taking it, my cholesterol (which has never been an issue; I am young) skyrocketed to almost double what it should be. I was nearly put on statins that I would be taking for the next 60+ years as a result. I also put on 15 pounds, and I'm super tired, nauseous, and have no sex drive. If you start feeling funny after the first month of taking this, get off of it before it starts causing permanent damage.”

Krista December 8, 2020

“Due to insurance, I was switched from Tri Lo Marzia to Tri Lo Estarylla and thought it would be fine since they are both generics of the same pill. However, when I started taking this I felt violently nauseas a few hours after taking each pill. This continued everyday until I stopped taking them, and then the nausea went away. I don’t know what kind of filler is used in this pill but it made me feel awful and nauseous to the point where I couldn’t function. I never felt any of these side effects on Tri Lo Marzia - which is very concerning. Immediately called my gyno and asked to be switched back.”

Emmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 27, 2020

“Tri-Lo-Estarylla was so, so awful. I really wanted this to work. I knew that there would be side effects, but I never expected them to be this bad. I can never predict when I am going to be bleeding. Due to the inconsistency of my bleeding, I believed I was pregnant at one point while taking this medication. However, the physical side effects were not even the worst part. I have never experienced constant anxiety or depression until taking these pills. I have experienced panic attacks while taking this pill that I have never had before. This medication has quite frankly ruined my mental health. I get stuck in cycles of anxiety and depression. I panic over the smallest things and generally feel as if I do not have any emotional stability in my life. If you are experiencing these mental health symptoms, please know that you are not alone. Contact your doctor and see if you can stop taking these pills. I hope that either another pill or another form of contraception will work for me.”

lamas102 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2019

“I was on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo for 5 years until it was unfortunately discontinued. My first switch to a generic was to Tri-Lo-Sprintec and I had such a horrible experience! It made my heart beat so quickly all the time. After some research, I found there are multiple generic options of Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo. I switched to Tri-Lo-Estarylla and it has worked much better for me as I have had absolutely no side effects on this birth control! If you are here because you are switching from the name brand to a generic, there are a few different ones to choose from. If one doesn't work don't give up hope.”

Lace · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

“I was previously on another birth control. I didn’t feel like myself and I was extremely depressed so I decided to change my birth control to Tri Lo Estarylla and I am on week 3. My sex drive has sky rocketed, I feel like I have more energy, my depression is improving, and typically by now I would be cramping and I’m not. I hope once my period starts things go smoothly compared to some of the reviews I’ve read. If you’re on birth control and don’t feel like yourself please tell your doctor immediately.”

Anonymous February 2, 2018

“FIRST OFF DON'T LOOK AT REVIEWS BECAUSE EVERYONES BODY IS DIFFERENT AND THERES NO WAY TO KNOW WHAT YOURS IS GOING TO DO. That being said I was put on this birth control after having severe anxiety and depression (which I had never experienced before) on a previous birth control. I have had absolutely zero side effects with this one. Plus my boobs got a size bigger which is a plus.”

NursePractitioner7 · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2016

“I have tried several different oral contraceptives and found to do the best with a Tri-phasic form specifically Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo. Then CVS changed me to a generic equivalent Tri-Lo- Sprintec which I did fine on. Of course when the generic Tri-Lo-Estarylla came out I was switched to that again by my pharmacy/insurance. Though the active ingredients and dosing is the same, I'm having a hard time with this one. I've been experiencing incredible fatigue,weakness, chest discomfort, and body twitches. I have a new appreciation for my patients who tell me the generics are not the same. Everyone's body reacts differently and can be sensitive to particular inactive ingredients or color fillers.”

applsnoranges · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2019

“This Tri-Lo-Estarylla is the only option that I have tried as an alternative to Tri Lo Sprintec (which caused horrible cystic acne). I had taken TLS before without problems but sometime in January after I had taken Trinessa Lo for one month, and got back on TLS my skin began getting oilier and the cystic acne started. I had terrible acne for much of spring didn't know why I did but blamed it on the stress of school. Finally after experimenting by going on Lutera (and acne going away), I knew that TLS was the cause. I went to an online prescriber and got on Tri Lo Estarylla, and besides a little bit of a heavier period than normal, there are NO symptoms what-so-ever. So thankful for this generic.”

Anonymous October 7, 2018

“So I switched from sprintec to tri lo estraylla and I kind of regret it. So I haven’t experienced any really bad side effects my skin is the clearest it has ever been BUT I have been bleeding for weeks now. It started when I took the first pill in the third row and now I’m just so confused on what to do. I just want the bleeding to stop. I’m really scared to start a new pack. Considering going back to sprintec.”

Cmarie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 19, 2019

“I have been on this birth control for almost two months now. The first month I had no symptoms, but this second month I have began to have cystic acne on my face and back. I have never broken out on my back so it is definitely due to this pill. I also have very mild cramps all throughout the month.”

Tabby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 18, 2019

“Alright ladies so first of all, I want to start off by saying everyone's body is different! I began taking Tri Lo Estarylla about 9 months ago as both a birth control method and acne treatment. I don't feel comfortable putting in an IUD, something in my arm, and I've heard horror stories about the shot. So for both for BC and acne, it has worked pretty darn great! Before this I had HORRIBLE acne, it was so painful. After about 3 months of taking these, it's diminished to about 1-2 zits. Also, my boyfriend and I have sex about 3 times a week. We use the pull out method also, but this is a great 2nd backup! No pregnancies. HOWEVER. The other side effects I've been getting are erratic mood swings, nausea, random cramping and weight gain (about 15 lbs). My periods overall I want to say have stayed the same? That's why I give it a 5/10. Honestly, it might take a few months to kick in because your body might not accept it for a while. If after 3-4 months it's still cruddy, change it! Please!”

Ariella · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

“I switched to this BC Tri-Lo-Estarylla because my last one caused me to have tender breast and gain almost 10 pounds. On this pill I was spotting every single day, once the second week rolled around, it’s currently week 3 and I’m STILL spotting and my cramps are getting worst because week 3’s are placebos. I haven’t gained on this pill but the spotting is unbearable DON'T GET ON THIS PILL, SAVE YOUR UNDIES.”

tati July 29, 2020

“I started taking this medication for my acne and in just a little under 2 weeks, my skin has broken out worst than it ever has in years. I have acne prone skin and had finished a round of accutane about 6 months ago and broke out here and there around my period so I started BC to control those breakouts but it made my acne 10x worst. I have clusters of bumps around my jawline and a new cyst every day. On top of that, my mood swings are horrible! I find myself crying or getting irritated over the smallest things and have been feeling very depressed. I’m going to try and switch pills but for now, getting off of this BC!”

Nonstop :/ February 22, 2017

“This was my third birth control pill type. Everything went good up until my period came-did not stop bleeding for over a month straight. DR had to switch me to a different medication & give me pills for uterine bleeding. Wasn't a pleasant experience. Also was very sluggish, depressed, & had very bad anxiety with this pill. Would not recommend this to anyone.”

429xocourt December 8, 2016

“I was recently put on this birth control when I was done breast feeding. I swear this past 2-3 weeks made me like I was pregnant again-Dizzy, Nausea & Vomiting, Fatigue, Anxiety, Bad Headaches & Severe Bloating with me barely eating at all or even keeping anything down. It really made me nervous I just called my dr today to switch it to something else I've only been this uncomfortable was in my third trimester :(”

Makin it mama · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2020

“Been on this Tri-Lo-Estarylla pill for 8 days. Quit using depo shot due to lack of libido and depression. I can’t even tell I’m taking anything I just know I’m covered. Finally got my life back!”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

“Regulated my cycle!!”

Abbs27 July 5, 2016

“This generic birth control gives me bad headaches that make me so exhausted that I can't do anything. It always happens on the third week. I don't like taking this birth control at all.”

More about Tri-Lo-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate)

Other brands