User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate to treat Birth Control

Also known as: Sprintec, Tri-Sprintec, Mono-Linyah, Femynor, Estarylla, Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Previfem, Tri-Linyah, Tri-VyLibra, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia Tri-Lo-Estarylla VyLibra Tri-Vylibra Lo Tri-Lo-Mili Tri-Mili …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Kat · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 2, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I have been on Sprintec since 2015. I had maybe 5 lbs of weight gain (first semester of college lol so there's that to consider too!) I have never had a single issue with Sprintec. I take it between 9-12 at night and only miss a dose once or twice a year - it happens! This does affect effectiveness (but if taken in 24 hours - that's rare) and it helped me regulate periods, they don't last over 6 days with minimal bleeding. My pharmacy switched and I got on Monolinyah?.. it SUCKS worst mistake ever. I'm switching back to Sprintec tomorrow and I cannot wait . I recommend this to anyone! Don't want a period that month? skip the placebo pills... And this is only $9.00 if you don't have insurance - too expensive? well... so is a kid haha!”

Ness July 31, 2020

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Been on Mili for 4 months now, I do get stomach pain often but besides that it works great I still get my periods and they are light”

tati July 29, 2020

Tri-Lo-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I started taking this medication for my acne and in just a little under 2 weeks, my skin has broken out worst than it ever has in years. I have acne prone skin and had finished a round of accutane about 6 months ago and broke out here and there around my period so I started BC to control those breakouts but it made my acne 10x worst. I have clusters of bumps around my jawline and a new cyst every day. On top of that, my mood swings are horrible! I find myself crying or getting irritated over the smallest things and have been feeling very depressed. I’m going to try and switch pills but for now, getting off of this BC!”

Erin p July 26, 2020

Tri-Lo-Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Tri-Lo-Mili is the WORST THING YOU WILL EVER TAKE. I miss my old self this pill has made me lash out on loved ones, depressed, emotional, anxious, the list goes on. It made me completely dry down there and it made me break out into a rash. I have been itching all over my body for a month now. I’ve been on the pill for the two months and I tried to stick it out and see if the symptoms would go away, but no. I will be getting off this immediately. First time on birth control and the last time.”

Jordy July 25, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I've been on this Femynor birth control for about 2 years... it has made my so depressed right around my period I get suicidal thoughts. I haven't had any nausea or any problem eating. Just mental problems”

Lil · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2020

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “On Tri-Linyah my periods are light and relatively easy, I didn’t gain a bunch of weight, but I do have a LOT of uncontrollable mood swings. and anger - like I’m talking rage and it’s enough to make me hate this birth control, but keep in mind every body is different. and my skin has been super clear. but I can’t deal with the emotions!!! and neither can my relationship lol”

blueandpink · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I really like Femynor birth control pill so far. I experienced pretty bad nausea for the first two days I took it but that went away. I’ve been on it for almost 3 months & haven’t had any serious side effects. The first week of taking it I was very emotional and cried at almost anything but that went away, I also experienced some headaches but that went away too. The second month I took it I didn’t experience any side effects, except it is clearing my acne which is awesome. Overall I would recommend it, I haven’t had many problems and it’s working well!”

SadieJane · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2020

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I have been using this Mono-Linyah birth control pill for over year after my pill (prevefem) was discontinued by the manufacturer. I was reluctant to use this pill as I have had bad experiences taking different pills. Luckily, this pill has been great. No cramps, anxiety, or weight gain, and my period is very normal. The only negative is that I always spot on the second week for 2-3 days. After having horrible experiences with other brands I can live with the spotting.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 9, 2020

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Makes you gain weight and become a fat person if you're not careful. Does not help with bad cramps”

Birth control baddie July 2, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “This is a life saver!!! Idk how many times it has saved me knowing my partner has came inside of me. Yes I have headaches 24/7 and I’m not sure if I gained weight or not but this would save you.”

Estibaliz · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Ive tried 3 different birth control pills.. this Mili one being the third one. I'm on my 3rd month and my periods have finally gone back to normal.I took Low Loesterin Fe and I lost my periods (I need reassurance) then the generic of the same and still no period and mood swings. Finally on this one “back to having my periods” still painful ones and very heavy ”

Panda · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “The first week I took this Femynor pill I was nauseous, my jaw and face were sore with tension, my chest ached with the tightness of anxiety, and I began crying more. I'm old enough to know you have to give the symptoms time to work themselves out, so I continued taking it. I lasted 3 weeks on this pill before I called my doctor's office begging them to switch me. At that point I was officially and actively fighting depression, my jaw and face still hurt, I had daily hormone headaches, I felt helplessness and cried so much. I've switched to another pill and have been off this one about 3 days and already feel a little more emotionally and mentally stable and my jaw no longer hurts. If you have any personal history with depression or anxiety, I would not not not recommend this pill.”

Angie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Tri-Lo-Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Been on Tri Lo Mili for 2 months. Haven't noticed any side effects the only thing is that I felt sad for about a week during the first month and then it went away. Spotting only occured days before my first sugar pill week and now I'm good. Overall I feel good and would recommend but everyone's body reacts differently.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “This pill is so awful! I normally take mononessa which worked just fine. They were no longer carrying mononessa and I was assured that this was the same thing. I got the worst migraines. My breast were enlarged and hurt like hell. It was sooo bad! Not only that, I was nauseous and throwing up. I was anxious ! I gained weight and I eat healthy and workout 4-5 times a day. I had pregnancy symptoms and wasn’t even pregnant. I was completely exhausted. My sleep patterns were all over the place. It was hard to work and concentrate. I had very little sex drive! DO NOT take this pill. I swear please. It’s not worth it ! Took it for 2 months and quit”

sav · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I gained 35 lbs in 8 months on Sprintec”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I have been on Mono-Linyah for a little over a month now and I can give nothing but negatives. I have the worst cystic acne on my chin that I haven’t experienced since I was 15. I’m 21 now and this is ridiculous. I’m constantly nauseous and have bad migraines every week. I’m switching back to my old birth control. This is absolutely horrible. If I were you I’d look for something else before getting this one.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “My DAUGHTER Sabrina passed away July 22 2018 due to her sprintec birthcontrol please please she was only 22 yrs old and my bestfriend my whole world shattered please don't use this product!!!!”

Mia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I don’t understand why there are so many bad reviews on this birth control... I am SUPER sensitive to medication and the only side effect I got from this medication was sweating a lot , increased appetite and my boobs got fuller. Everyone’s body reacts differently so please don’t be afraid to try this medication ! It’s a life saver for me !”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2020

VyLibra (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “So I’ve been taking VyLibra for about a month now and it’s been pretty unenjoyable. My stomach constantly is turning and I feel sick! Along with that it gets hard for me to sleep because of how hot my body is running and after research, birth control (especially this pill) regulates your body temperature differently. I’ve also been way more sensitive and triggered at everything and it really sucks. I don’t recommend this pill but it has done the job in being a birth control method for me other than the effects.”

Kkerr02 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I was on Sprintec for about a year and a half after being on Mirena for 6 years. I didn’t have a period on Mirena, so naturally I started getting mine on Sprintec. But it definitely was very light through the whole time I was on Sprintec. My acne cleared up (less cystic) but boy did my moods change and I gained about 15 lbs. I didn’t change my workout routine or eating habits and still put on weight. The pharmacy switched me to Mono Lynyah which has horrible reviews. So let’s see how that goes.”

Lizard14 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I didn’t notice the weight gain at first then my bigger pants were snug. I gained 30 pounds over 3 years. When I started sprintec is when I started putting on weight. With yaz I never gained weight at all. I stopped sprintec a week ago and am no longer hungry constantly and have lost 3 pounds already. Now I have to get the rest of the weight off.”

Push pop · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I’ve been taking femynor for about a year now and it has not done justice for me. I see on here a lot of people gained weight but this was the opposite for me. Eating became a chore and impossible to keep food or even liquids down. Gagging was a regular for me almost every time I brushed my teeth I threw up. Also my acne has been out of control.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Hi! So I started sprintec about 6 months ago to help clear up acne and it worked. I was freaking out because I didn’t want to gain weight, but I really wanted to clear up my acne. The first two months were difficult. I was nauseous often (especially at night). I was very hungry the first month but I got back to normal hunger levels after that. I gained some weight, mostly in my boobs. I would definitely say if you are hesitant about going on Sprintec for the weight gain, do not let that hold you back. Your body will normalize after a few weeks I promise. Trust me I did not want to gain weight, I have had an eating disorder in the past, but it is worth it. My skin is so clear now. Do not let the weight gain hold you back!”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “Been on this birth control for a couple months now and I have been experiencing very bad anxiety, which I’ve never had previously. I can honestly say that this is the worst birth control I’ve ever taken. Maybe it’s because I haven’t been on it very long, but I genuinely don’t care. I have to get off of this trash birth control.”

Elle_tx · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): “I’m one of the many women whose life was upended when Mononessa was discontinued in the US. Sprintec, Estarylla and Mili have all failed as substitutes. I’m guessing there are new-generation additives in birth control pills (BCP’s) that are straight-up toxic. But Mili was the worst. Took it for two days and experienced unbearable nausea, stomach pain and bloating. I got off it, malaise persisted an extra day along with ovarian pain. A huge disappointment because there are no other options available in the generic Ortho Cyclen formulation.”