User Reviews for Pirmella 1/35 to treat Birth Control

Pirmella 1/35 Rating Summary

3.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Pirmella 1/35

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2020

“I have been on this pill for 5 days and still very heavy bleeding how long does it take for that to stop?”

Happy Camper · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2020

“Prior to Pirmella, I had an irregular period and it was almost a MONTH of heavy bleeding (became anemic). Took the pills and the bleeding stopped. My therapist also speculated that I had PMDD and usually during my period, I would have the WORST mood-swings. I've been on 3 packs of Pirmella and the worst thing I experience was the nausea and bloating that was about ~1 week. PROS: - No bleeding - Smaller pores - little bigger boobs - mentally more stable CONS: - have to take it everyday - nausea and bloating in the beginning - looking bloated but the scale didn't change.”

Carlie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2020

“Would not recommend this birth control if you are looking for something to clear your acne. I was on Zarah for about 2 years with no issues and clear skin until I read there were some health concerns about it (and Yaz, Yasmin, etc). It was a big mistake to switch from Zarah. I would say I've put on a little weight but really nothing noticeable to anyone but myself (probably no more like 4-5lbs) and I do a vigorous HIIT workout 4x a week so there is really no other reason I should have been gaining weight. I am switching to Beyaz next week after my inactive week. I am getting married in 6 months so clear skin is a must. That being said, everyone's experience with birth control is different! I cannot stress that enough! I have tried 10 different brands of BC (a lot on the recommendation of other women) that did not work for me but others raved about. You just have to try out one until you finally find one you like. Praying Beyaz is that one for me!”

Anon December 31, 2019

“Pirmella has reduced cramping, Significantly lightened periods, cleared acne.”

Kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

“Have gained 12 lbs the past four months on this! Pharmacy switched it on me.. finally had enough! Going back to necon 777 or whatever I can get closer to ASAP!”

Mama241 · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

“I started this birth control a couple months ago and had to stop after a week. It is completely horrible. Since then I've had out of whack 2 week periods, sometimes 2.5 weeks of just heavy heavy bleeding. It made me really energized so I guess that could be a plus. But I would never go back. I don't recommend at all.”

Mama's mad · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

“I started this pill because of heavy and out of wack periods I'm all for something that's going to make my periods lighter and more bearable I started this pill on the 8th of this month its now the 24th with no sign of my period stopping. I've gain 15 pounds I can't sleep and I've been on a full fledge period since I started taking this pill my acne has gotten worse. I've been having nausea and cramps like you wouldn't believe I would not recommend this for anyone I am beside myself and very disappointed with this current situation”

Tony · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 22, 2019

“I have gained 30 pounds, over the past year and a half. Have high blood pressure and would deal with serious mood swings and ankle swelling just recently. I switched to a progestin only birth control last week. After reading these reviews I just realized that this birth control had caused all of the issues I was having.”

Star · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 26, 2019

“I’ve been on this BC for almost two years and when I took it at the beginning I loved it! I have very, very heavy periods and super duper horrible cramps. This BC had minimized all of that. And it helped clear my acne. But within the last 6 months I’ve been having no periods, I’ve lost up to 15 lbs, my face has been breaking out bad, and my mood swings are out of whack. I just don’t know what is going on. And I really don’t know what to do.”

ab6433 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

“I have never struggled with acne...until now. Ever since starting this BC Pirmella 1/35 I have horrible cystic acne around my mouth chin and jaw line. I have also gained weight- despite my normal workout routine. I would not recommend.”

Angryatpirmella · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

“This medication was given to me as a generic for Cyclafem. The first few days were fine but after that I've cried, been moody, fought with my fiance, felt angry, depressive, and generally moody. I have taken birth control of different varieties for ten plus years and would NEVER recommend this medication. It has gotten to the point where I asked my obgyn to get me off of it as soon as this pack runs out.”

Mariah June 24, 2019

“I was taking a different brand for 25 yrs, it helped my PCOS symptoms and for general birth control. My pharmacy ran out of the other brand and switched to Primella 1/35 as a substitute because the dosage was the same. 4 months into taking this medication I have landed in the hospital with a massive DVT in my leg.”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

“The ONLY good thing about this birth control pill is that it made my period lighter and shorter. This pill has given me terrible acne. I take amazing care of my skin and always have. I rarely would ever get a single zit on my face or body, and if I did it was minor. I have had awful, even painful, acne appear all over my face, back, and shoulders. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to go away. I also have had terrible mood swings. I am generally a very happy, positive person but this pill has caused me to be angry, moody, and even led me to having an emotional outburst out of nowhere. My boyfriend, who I have been with for over four years, said he has never seen me act this way. I highly advise everyone to stay away from this pill, unless you are that desperate to minimize your period symptoms and you are okay with dealing with the many negative side effects that have truly effected my everyday life.”

peachy April 11, 2019

“I have been using this birth control for over 2 years, and at this point I feel like I have seen no new side effects. I like that it has made me period very light and lasting only about 4 days, and that it has cleared my skin. I came to realize recently though, that my 30+ pounds of weight gain has been due to the birth control— I never had that big of an appetite before taking this and now it is never satisfied. It also has not helped my terrible migraines that I get while PMSing. On my period, I tend to be depressive and get into a really dark place. I know that medications affect people differently, but if you’re prone to those kinds of thoughts I would definitely avoid this medication.”

BC March 26, 2019

“This Primella birth control is great, pretty much no periods just slight cramping. I used to have very heavy, painful periods. No weight gain and seems to help acne too. I'm on my 3rd pack and suddenly starting to get so emotional and down feeling.”

adriana · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2019

“I’ve tried many different brands of birth control and after the first months the side effects have been unbearable. I’ve been taking Pirmella for 2 months and I’ve had minor side effects. My breasts do tend to swell up, and I broke out around my jaw which is very rare for me since my skin isn’t usually acne prone. I haven’t had any mood swings, but I do tend to get nauseous from time to time. So far, better than most BC brands I’ve tried.”

Nurse0214 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

“I’m a new nurse and have been taking this medication for 5 months. It started out with some little heart palpations and full blown anxiety. To the point where it affects my life negatively. Along with awful weight gain and acne. Would never recommend.”

Alisha · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 20, 2018

“I started taking this birth control mid July and started having TIA's and September 13 I had a stroke a lost function to my right side of my body. It has come back but has been very hard and I had to quit my job.”

Cupcake girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2018

“I started birth control in April for heavy dreadful periods. In May my pharmacist gave me Pirmella 1/35 instead of the Cyclafem that I was taking. The first month went really well, and I lost a ton of weight. I have a normal appetite with this so that’s a huge plus! However, I am on my second pick (June) and I have been bleeding since my second week of active pills. I’m hoping the antibiotics I was on threw off my cycle and next month will be better. I don’t want to have to switch again! I will update next month if the bleeding doesn’t improve.”

Sfau · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2018

“It was good for the first week, but after that, even while I was taking the pill, I had a full and heavy period. Heavier than normal and it was so painful. So far, the period has lasted 7 days (I only have 5 day periods) and doesn’t show signs of letting up. I would never recommend anyone to use this”

KLaurenW September 24, 2017

“I've been taking this pill for 10 days. I've always had great skin (I've been told by many doctors) and after just 10 days I'm suffering from cystic acne, the likes of which I have never seen. I would not recommend this pill to ANYONE.”

More about Pirmella 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources