User Reviews for Ortho-Novum 1 / 35

Learn more about Ortho-Novum 1/35.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 97 medications

Acne 2 reviews 525 medications

Birth Control 5 reviews 292 medications

7.9
Summary of Ortho-Novum 1/35 reviews 9 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Ortho-Novum 1/35

For Birth Control "So I just switched to this method of bc from my old one Reclipsen and I must say it is excellent!!!! I'M losing weight I have 0 appetite I eat occasionally not too much snacking "

AshleyHi November 7, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first got on this pill, it was so great because I hardly had any side effects. Then...I started having them. My boobs hurt and I got cramps. I definitely also noticed increased appetite. However, it completely took away my periods which I LOVE! And now I'm in month two and my stomach and boobs only hurt occasionally. I'm hoping it will get even better from here but I really like this pill as a BC."

lexis909 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

For Acne "I've been on this pill for 2 months and have seen decent acne results. Now it hasn't cleared up completely and I still get pimples. Be aware if you have scarring, it will get worse before it gets better. I'll probably switch to Ortho Cyclen after month 3 if the acne isn't completely gone. The top ones I would recommend you for acne: 1. Yasmin, 2. Ortho Cyclen 3. Diane 35. Hope this helps anyone with hormonal acne/ has had it since high school like me and is now in her junior year of college."

lexi909 October 27, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have had no bad side affects with this pill. I take it in conjunction with spirolactone and metformin for PCOS. The combination has helped in regulating my periods and reducing hair growth on my chin are. If I miss a few days and have to double up on pills my body definitely can feel the overload of hormones. My periods are very light and for about 2-3 days which my doctor said happens with this pill. My sex drive is definitely heighten with this birth control! To avoid a delay in starting a new pack with mailing/ordering delays. I asked my doctor to receive more packs at once. It's avoided issues with break through bleeding and original PCOS symptoms from getting out of control!"

Confidence&Strength May 11, 2015

For Acne "Reduced acne significantly and skin is now clear after 3 months of use"

Liz116 January 5, 2014

For Birth Control "At first the pill was great, helped with the bleeding and regulate my period. Then I slowly began getting depressed and I had to stop taking this pill. I've never felt this way in my life, I just want to lay in bed all day. I miss school and work; not healthy, totally not like me."

Anonymous October 25, 2012

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Since I cannot choose more than one option for condition, I will post both reasons here: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Birth Control. I first started with two other different brands of birth control before getting on Ortho Novum 1/35. The other two brands make me extremely moody and my periods were out of control. Once I got started on Ortho Novum 1/35, my periods started evening out, lasting 3 - 5 days out of the entire placebo week. The only downside I've noticed was a little bit of weight gain and vaginal dryness during intercourse. I'm not overly moody or irritable and I can actually do activities that would leave me curled up on the couch."

Anonymous May 5, 2011

For Birth Control "After trying a million birth controls, I finally stayed on this one for a while. No weight gain. I was emotional and depressed around my period. And have a great sex drive. The only problem I am having now is acne. It gets worse around my period. I am switching today. I love this birth control. Wish I didn't have to switch, but I hate breakouts!"

Sunpassions November 16, 2009

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control pill! I knew what day I would get my period and even what time. Every other birth control pill I would constantly spot and with this one I didn't. The one draw back about this pill is every month when starting a new pack, I would be very nauseous for about 3-4 days(usually just in the morning)."

clarka January 26, 2009