User Reviews for Ortho-Novum 1 / 35

Learn more about Ortho-Novum 1/35.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 97 medications

Acne 2 reviews 562 medications

Birth Control 5 reviews 305 medications

7.9
Summary of Ortho-Novum 1/35 reviews 9 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Ortho-Novum 1/35

For Birth Control "So I just switched to this method of bc from my old one Reclipsen and I must say it is excellent!!!! I'M losing weight I have 0 appetite I eat occasionally not too much snacking "

AshleyHi November 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first got on this pill, it was so great because I hardly had any side effects. Then...I started having them. My boobs hurt and I got cramps. I definitely also noticed increased appetite. However, it completely took away my periods which I LOVE! And now I'm in month two and my stomach and boobs only hurt occasionally. I'm hoping it will get even better from here but I really like this pill as a BC."

lexis909 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this pill for 2 months and have seen decent acne results. Now it hasn't cleared up completely and I still get pimples. Be aware if you have scarring, it will get worse before it gets better. I'll probably switch to Ortho Cyclen after month 3 if the acne isn't completely gone. The top ones I would recommend you for acne: 1. Yasmin, 2. Ortho Cyclen 3. Diane 35. Hope this helps anyone with hormonal acne/ has had it since high school like me and is now in her junior year of college."

lexi909 October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have had no bad side affects with this pill. I take it in conjunction with spirolactone and metformin for PCOS. The combination has helped in regulating my periods and reducing hair growth on my chin are. If I miss a few days and have to double up on pills my body definitely can feel the overload of hormones. My periods are very light and for about 2-3 days which my doctor said happens with this pill. My sex drive is definitely heighten with this birth control! To avoid a delay in starting a new pack with mailing/ordering delays. I asked my doctor to receive more packs at once. It's avoided issues with break through bleeding and original PCOS symptoms from getting out of control!"

Confidence&Strength May 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Reduced acne significantly and skin is now clear after 3 months of use"

Liz116 January 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "At first the pill was great, helped with the bleeding and regulate my period. Then I slowly began getting depressed and I had to stop taking this pill. I've never felt this way in my life, I just want to lay in bed all day. I miss school and work; not healthy, totally not like me."

Anonymous October 25, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Since I cannot choose more than one option for condition, I will post both reasons here: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Birth Control. I first started with two other different brands of birth control before getting on Ortho Novum 1/35. The other two brands make me extremely moody and my periods were out of control. Once I got started on Ortho Novum 1/35, my periods started evening out, lasting 3 - 5 days out of the entire placebo week. The only downside I've noticed was a little bit of weight gain and vaginal dryness during intercourse. I'm not overly moody or irritable and I can actually do activities that would leave me curled up on the couch."

Anonymous May 5, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After trying a million birth controls, I finally stayed on this one for a while. No weight gain. I was emotional and depressed around my period. And have a great sex drive. The only problem I am having now is acne. It gets worse around my period. I am switching today. I love this birth control. Wish I didn't have to switch, but I hate breakouts!"

Sunpassions November 16, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control pill! I knew what day I would get my period and even what time. Every other birth control pill I would constantly spot and with this one I didn't. The one draw back about this pill is every month when starting a new pack, I would be very nauseous for about 3-4 days(usually just in the morning)."

clarka January 26, 2009