User Reviews for Ortho-Novum 1 / 35 to treat Birth Control

Ortho-Novum 1 / 35 has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Ortho-Novum 1/35 Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Smith · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2020

“I had started taking ortho novum in 2011-2015. I felt extremely nauseous when I first started taking it but that subsided. It was great while I was on it. Clear skin, light periods and no bad side effects. When I got off it to try to start a family my periods had become irregular and was unable to get pregnant for two years and was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 24. I was in shock. I do believe this pill caused my infertility issues. When I did get pregnant two years later I was able to get pregnant again in less than a year so I no longer had PCOS and my periods were regular. I would not recommend taking this if you want to have kids in the future. It may cause infertility issues afterwards like in my case.”

Nobaby7632 October 18, 2019

“I was 17 years old when I asked my Mom to put me on the pill. I was prescribed Ortho Novum 1/28. When I turned 23 I lost my dad's insurance and within 6 months I was pregnant. I was in no condition to be a mother so I decided to end the pregnancy. I then got re-prescribed Ortho Novum 1/28 When I was about 27 I started to bleed a lot. It continued that for years. I got married at 30 and tried to get pregnant. We tried for 6 years with hormones, artificial insemination, the whole gamut. I had huge fibroid tumors and had seven surgeries to remove them. Nothing worked. Finally at 37 I had emergency surgery for a full hysterectomy. I believe that taking Ortho Novum 1/28 for years caused my infertility and years of bleeding, physical pain and emotional pain. All between 1988- 2007. I'm really interested in who experienced similar situations.”

Lee · Taken for 10 years or more December 24, 2019

“I started Otho-Novum 1/35 (ON1/35) when I was 15 yrs to regulate my periods and reduce bleeding (was bleeding for 2 weeks before the pill) this worked to do both. I had no cramping and it almost stopped my bleeding completely. Now years later I tried to get pregnant. I've tried horomones, ovulation tracking, IUI and nothing works. This pill stops the release of eggs. My issues now are no egg production and the ones I have are not released. I would suggest menstrual cups to anyone looking to regulate period flow/days bleeding and anything other then a hormone treatment to control pregnancy, acne, and moods...that is if you want a family some day.”

clarka January 26, 2009

“I loved this birth control pill! I knew what day I would get my period and even what time. Every other birth control pill I would constantly spot and with this one I didn't. The one draw back about this pill is every month when starting a new pack, I would be very nauseous for about 3-4 days(usually just in the morning).”

Anonymous October 25, 2012

“At first the pill was great, helped with the bleeding and regulate my period. Then I slowly began getting depressed and I had to stop taking this pill. I've never felt this way in my life, I just want to lay in bed all day. I miss school and work; not healthy, totally not like me.”

lexis909 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 27, 2015

“When I first got on this pill, it was so great because I hardly had any side effects. Then...I started having them. My boobs hurt and I got cramps. I definitely also noticed increased appetite. However, it completely took away my periods which I LOVE! And now I'm in month two and my stomach and boobs only hurt occasionally. I'm hoping it will get even better from here but I really like this pill as a BC.”

Sunpassions November 16, 2009

“After trying a million birth controls, I finally stayed on this one for a while. No weight gain. I was emotional and depressed around my period. And have a great sex drive. The only problem I am having now is acne. It gets worse around my period. I am switching today. I love this birth control. Wish I didn't have to switch, but I hate breakouts!”

AshleyHi November 7, 2015

“So I just switched to this method of bc from my old one Reclipsen and I must say it is excellent!!!! I'M losing weight I have 0 appetite I eat occasionally not too much snacking ”

More about Ortho-Novum 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands