User Reviews for Necon 0.5/35

Birth Control 6.5

Reviews for Necon 0.5/35

Sally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “This BC changed my life and not for the better. No weight gain, but the mood swings are AWFUL. I’m a big empath, so I’ve always cried easily, but never like this. I’m talking tears in 2.5 seconds over the littlest things. I also think my PMS has worsened severely. The first three months put my skin through absolute hell and I’ve never been one for breakouts. I started this because I was having menstrual migraines on my previous pill that I had taken for 5+ years. My doctor suggested switching it up. I’ve now been on this for 9 months, and I’m prepared to switch when these last 3 months are up. If you are an emotional person, it is no not worth it! I’m also on no other medications.”

LadyDeanne June 8, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’m 26 I’ve been on Necon 0.5/35 for about 7 months now. Let’s start with the good: I’ve had no weight gain other than gaining a cup size, my acne has cleared up way better than any skin regime could do (I’ve suffered from breakouts ever since I was 13), and my period is always light and comes around at the same time every month. Now for the negative: The worst part is the MOOD SWINGS. I’ve always considered myself to be a fairly reasonable, non-emotional person, but that’s changed since taking necon. I get extremely annoyed over very minimal things, I take things personally when I know it’s not personal, and I find myself crying for no real reason. It got better in the 3rd & 4th month, but months 5-7 have been brutal. Has anyone who’s taken necon for a long time dealt with this during the first year? I keep hoping it’ll get better but it only seems to be getting worse. The good side effects are great, so I want to stick it out a little longer.”

More about Necon 0.5 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources