User Reviews for Junel Fe 24

Birth Control 5.0

Reviews for Junel Fe 24

AL · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “Horrible. Do not recommend. At all. Save yourself. Just started month 3 and it has been AWFUL. So glad I found this. I've had about every side effect but abnormal bleeding. Haven't been able to have sex for over a month because of vaginal dryness/inability to get wet/loss of interest (just ended month 2 yesterday). Sex was great until this pill! My Side Effects: major vaginal dryness (going on 3 months), no sex drive/interest/pleasure, breast tenderness/PAIN/enlargement, nausea, headache, bloating, fetal-position cramps, mental changes/mood swings, trouble concentrating, tired/weak ALL of the time, irritable, anxious, discouraged, I could go on. I was starting to question myself, my body, my mind, my relationship, felt like I just could NOT get better. I'm disappointed it took me so long to realize this was the only change. Good thing is I'm not pregnant.. but hard to get pregnant when you can't have sex (insert shrug emoji)”

bsmith · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “Junel Fe was my first birth control and at first it worked really well for me. However, I soon noticed that it made my acne terrible. My periods started to get more irregular, they almost never came on my placebo week. It also made me cry almost daily for no reason, I was just really sad all of the time. When I stopped taking it my acne decreased and I didn’t feel the urge to cry all of them time. Works differently for everyone, but it wasn’t terrible compared to other birth controls I’ve taken.”

Mars Jazz · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this birth control for a year now. My skin is clear and I haven’t had a pregnancy. Because of this I have been pretty happy with it until I realized I gained 25 lbs. For perspective, I started at 115 so 25 lbs is a huge gain for me. I started researching side effects of this birth control and I realized that this is likely the cause of other issues in my life. My sex drive has been at an all time low. I don’t want to give or receive oral, sex feels like a chore, and I’m not even turned on by the thought of it anymore. Additionally, my breasts are constantly sore. Lastly, I had to get prescribed an anxiety medication a few months ago. I have always had anxiety but I have been able to keep it under control until recently. If I was cognizant of these symptoms a while back I would’ve stopped. I’m so discouraged that this birth control could’ve disrupted my relationship and my self esteem.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Junel for over a year now. It’s the first and only birth control I’ve ever been on, it’s not horrible but it isn’t amazing either. It made me gain weight by cause my appetite to go insane, making me binge eat every single day and never get full, just stuffing my face 24/7 while eating “like a bird” my entire life. It absolutely tanked my sex drive. TMI- before starting birth control, my bf and I were being intimate 3x a day almost every day. A year after being on junel, I don’t want to have sex at all. I barely even like being touched sexually, my sex drive is completely gone and it really sucks. I will be asking about switching from junel asap, hopefully a different pill will give me back my sex drive? besides the negative side effects, I’m not pregnant, so that’s good.”

JC May 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I had to go off of Blisovi for anxiety/depression that the pill caused me to have after about 7-8 months of being on it without any previous mental health history before then. I took a break from birth control pills to let my body re-regulate without the birth control and went on fluoxetine to help control the anxiety. I went off of fluoxetine and was prescribed Junel even though it's a generic from Blisovi, and was told there is still a slight a chance I wouldn't notice any side effects with this pill. However, after being on the pill for a week and 1/2 I stopped mid-pack because I already had two days in a row this week where I felt a random spike in anxiety and struggled to feel as motivated. I noticed myself a lot more down and moody for no reason as well. Do not be afraid to prioritize your mental health over anything, because I would rather experience the most painful periods and always use condoms over ever having the same feeling that Blisovi and Junel made me feel ever again.”

jaylajada · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “So I recently had to switch to this birth control Junel Fe 24 from Lo Loestrin because my insurance would no longer cover it. Btw Lo Loestrin wasn’t good for me either. It made me severely depressed and anxious. Anyways, I’m towards the end of my second pack and I haven’t got my period once. My sex drive is also low and every time I have sex it hurts so bad (which I read is a side effect of this pill) I'm switching to a different birth control brand and if that doesn’t work out for me I’m seriously gonna freak out”

Jules · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’m not great with keeping a SPECIFIC time but I always take this pill between 11:30am and 12pm. This pill should take about 3-6 months to regulate in your body. Within those months it’s normal to feel some mood swings, slight changes in period, &/or weight gain so don’t worry. Prior to this pill, my periods were 5-7 days tops. First period while being on this pill lasted 2 weeks, the second lasted a week. From the third month moving forward my periods last about 3-5 days tops with no ovulation. My period dates also shift a bit. I didn’t notice any mood swings until about the 6th month. To today I sometimes feel sad or depressed & I won’t know why. I also cry a lot easier now. It’s nothing I’m concerned over tho, not too bad, & the mood swings are easy for me to quickly get over. Positive side effect: my breasts have gotten noticeably bigger. My bf has also “finished” in me multiple times with no pregnancy outcome so the pill has been doing it’s job. I’d recommend”

Aurora · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“First of all, it might or might not work for you. Birth control pills have different effects on people, although quite the same symptoms. For me, it was fine! My obgyn doctor prescribed it to me because I didn't have my period for 3-4 months, so it was to regulate my menstrual cycle. It was my first time taking birth control pills in general too. The first time I got my period after taking the pills, it was so heavy. SO SO heavy. But that is to be expected since I didn't have my period for months. The next cycle, it last for 3 days tops, no cramps or anything of that (although when I had regular periods, I didn't have cramps anyway), and the bleeding was very light. My weight stayed the same tbh, but my mood swings were a little sensitive but I try to channel it through healthy mechanisms. It works fine as preventing pregnancy too, so so far so good on that.”

Junel Pill · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “I almost been on this pill for almost a month and I don't know if its just me but I take my pill at night. And then feel depression in the morning and now feeling anxiety I don't even know why because my life is great! The only thing I could think right now is this new pill I just started. As a kid I used to have depression and anxiety I haven’t felt those sad feelings in about 10years now. My doctor said to give it about 3 months but after seeing other people’s reviews & info on this pill . I just don’t know might stop before it’s gets bad off because the side effects is already rubbing off on me.”

Jenny Bee February 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have a disease called Empty Sella Syndrome & basically my Pituitary gland is flattened by an enlarged brain making my horomes non-existent & have no estrogen. I was miserable for a long time. They started me on Estrogen/progesterone tablets but it did nothing to increase my estrogen because it was not absorbing through my stomach due to my Gastroparesis, then they switched me to Estrogen injections/Progesterone tablets which increased my estrogen but after a month or so I ended up getting my period for 4 months straight & nothing was stopping it & if I missed my injections I would be miserable with mood swings, hot flashes, & exhaustion. Turned out this was because the injections were making my estrogen to high. I then started Junel Fe 24 & was able to stop the Injections/Progesterone & only have to take the Junel Fe 24. I have no more postmenopausal symptoms & my period only comes on the designated days. This medication changed my life for the better when nothing else was working!”

Emotional sally · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “Was put on this pill for my poly cystic ovarian and metabolic syndrome after all other birth control pills (BCP) made me an emotional wreck. This brand on the first month made me cry over an empty jar of pickles and I would also experience sudden emotional outbursts which I were the same as the other bcps. I also experienced very painful periods to the point the only thing I could do was lay in bed in a fetal position. The second month I noticed a burning sensation and the hair on the top of my head was falling out. I told my doctor and he all but blew me off telling me that there was less than 1% probability of me experiencing these types of side effect from my bcp. I am not only taking myself off of this HORRIBLE pill, I am also switching doctors. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILL!!!”

Av · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started taking this birth-control about 4 months ago and it’s horrible. I constantly feel angry all of the time and I don’t even know why. It has even made my acne much worse. I would not recommend!”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “My entire stint with this birth control Junel Fe 24 has been awful. I’ve experienced every terrible side effect in the book - mood swings, weight gain, bloating, acne, you name it. I have felt incredibly depressed the whole time I’ve taken it, and my mood is all over the place - I actually cried for several hours when my succulent lost a leaf. My period is painful, and I apparently will not stop bleeding. Worst birth control I’ve been on so far.”

Southernmama · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started this birth control over 2 months ago and today I had to call it quits. Everything was great for the first month except for some occasional mood swings. But those mood swings increased so much by the 2nd month. I constantly feel angry all the time and I don’t even know why. I absolutely hate feeling this way. My poor husband had spent the last 2 months getting yelled at by me all the time for no reason which is so not like me. But I gave it a 5 because mood swings were the only side effect I got from this birth control in the past couple months I’ve been taking it.”

Junel · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I used to be on Larin 24 fe. It was okay..I had problems before with a bcp causing bad yeast infections every month so I switched to nexplanon the arm implant and it gave me cystic acne which I never had before. I then decided to have it removed and to try Larin pill which helped with the acne problem a little, but when I moved to Fl I was told I had to take Junel and that it was the same thing...ITS NOT THE SAME THING DONT LISTEN TO THEM IF IT WORKS FOR YOU!! Junel made me break out so much around my jaw and chin and also gave me anxiety and anger problems. Just switch to a new bcp last week :) (took Junel for 5 months before I could find clinic to switch me)”

Troblyn · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

For Birth Control: “Terrible. I used to have problem with acne years ago and this birth control has made my acne just as bad if not worse than before. I was on Blisovi and Hailey before with no side effects and my skin cleared up this bc has put my body in a downward spiral with mood swings, depression, decreased sex drive and again bad acne everywhere. I maintain a good diet, good sleep and good hydration too and nothing has changed except this birth control.”

Anonymous October 22, 2019

For Birth Control: “This birth control Junel Fe 24 is great, especially for first timers!! It is really low in progesterone (which is why sadly after 3 years of being on it I have to switch to a higher one due to getting too used to the strength and bleeding more than once a month) BUT my first few years on it I had a really good experience with Junel Fe. I had a super light period that lasted anywhere from 2-5 days and I had no cramps or migraines ever. I did not notice any weight gain and despite other reviews I think my sex drive was really really good. In my first year, I did have a lot of discharge which was kinda annoying but that is something that became less in my third year (I think it had to do with my reason up above). My only "con" with this birth control is that emotionally I did notice I was pretty sensitive to silly things (I found a reason to cry about almost anything ahah) but this was not anything major and I wish I could continue this birth control if it weren't for the low mg of progesterone :(”

Christa · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was given Junel Fe 24 as my first birth control about 3 1/2 months ago. I've always been pretty in control of my emotions, but these pills made me feel out of control. I was okay, a little skeptical, for the first month because the cramps during my first period on birth control got WORSE. I began to notice that my cravings right before my cycle were absolutely CRAZY. I wanted to eat everything and anything I could get my hands on. I have never experienced cravings that bad. My mood swings were terrible too. My sex drive was almost nonexistent and I felt a lot of anxiety. My breasts got larger.. and you're probably thinking that doesn't sound too terrible. Wrong! I'm seeing my OBGYN soon because I think all those bad hormones in this birth control started to cause a sore/tender spot on my right chest that might turn into a cyst. I recently switched birth control to one that all my siblings have and I have been on it for two weeks now.”

Jan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2019

For Birth Control: “Had a wonderful experience on this Junel Fe 24 birth control! I didn’t experience any major side effects that people usually say that makes birth control sound scary or horrible. My periods before weren't super heavy and are even more manageable now. I plan on continuing my use with this birth control.”

sarahg · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Junel Fe24 for almost two years because my cramps were so bad to the point where I would throw up and get a fever. I highly recommend this brand, I don't get any cramps, I get a super light period and my acne has really cleared up. But, some down sides to it are: low sex drive, weight gain, and sometimes being moody. I know I kind of contradicted myself up there but I really enjoy the aspect of having no cramps. Unfortunately, its great for me but can be horrible for you...”

LC · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had to switch to this one (Junel Fe 24 = norethindrone acetate 1mg and ethinyl estradiol 0.02mg) after taking Lo Loestrin (norethindrone Acetate 1mg, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.01mg) because my insurance wasn’t covering it. I took it for four days and got the most excruciating migraines I’ve ever had. It was debilitating and I couldn’t leave my house or do anything for three days, once I stopped taking it they went away immediately. I wasn't even aware they were different strength in the Ethinyl Estradiol the Junel was twice as much.”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “I don’t normally write reviews for things but I had to take time to do this. I was on Microgestin before it switched to Junel fe. I had gotten on the pill because of irregular periods and very severe migraines around my period. I started taking this in December and by the end of Janurary I had full on depression and my anxiety was through the roof. I had no control over my emotions. I stopped taking this pill a week after I noticed the drastic change in my mood. It’s taken me almost 6 months to get to a spot where getting up everyday isn’t a battle. I went to a therapist for the first time in my life because my emotions were so out of control. This pill also increased and worsened my migraines. I don’t feel like myself anymore and the worst part is I’ll have to try another birth control just to try to feel like myself again. This drug should not be on the market. I’d happily pay more for my BC if it meant me not going through anything like this again.”

AM · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on a form of birth control called Mibelas for 9 years and then started to have slight breakthrough bleeding a few times per month. Dr switched me to Junel and it was fine the first month but then started having very frequent breakthrough bleeding and cramps over the last 4 months. It’s going to be different for every person but it’s not great for me. Approaching 50 in a year or so and ready to be done with the pill!!!”

Lolo · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “Junel Fe 24 isn't my first birth control I've been on. I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for about 8 months, and always had irregular bleeding due to an ovarian cyst. Not sure if the birth control irritated it, or if it was there all along. Anyways, I've now been on Junel Fe 24 for about 3 weeks, and I love it. My acne has cleared up, and my cyst is gone!! Definitely don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. I haven't had anything but good symptoms from this birth control.”

Jz · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for a little over a year now, I love it, the first three to four months I had very bad mood swings and normal PMS but after those months I felt fine. Two side effects that I did notice is I never have a sex drive. Another is heavy discharge but nothing too hard to handle. Other than that pill works great I’ve used it a whole year taking it at 8pm and now I’ve changed to 12pm still never had problem and never been pregnant! I’ve also had my bf finishes inside many times still not pregnant! :-)”

More about Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources