User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
4.9

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

Anonymous July 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “Before I was on the Junel Fe 1.5/30 pill I read these reviews and was so so scared with all the negative things people were experiencing because this was my first time being on birth control. Since everyone's experience is different I was hoping mine would be positive. I have been using this pill for a little over 1 month and so far so good. The only negative effect is that since being on the pill I had slight nausea in the morning in the first week. But I have seen more positive effects than negative. The positive effects I have had were that my breast grew a little bigger (I'd probably say I went up from a B to a C cup), my period has completely stopped with only slight spotting, and I haven't seen any changes with gaining weight, no hair loss, no mood changes, and etc. So far so good! Just remember that everyone's experience is different. You'll find the best pill for you :)”

jonesy March 2, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am a healthy 20 yr old. I've only been on birth control for a little over a year now. Previous to Junel Fe 1.5/30 I was on Blisovi. But last time I went to get my prescription filled they gave me Junel instead. I've just completed my second pack. In this second month I've really been struggling, these past couple of weeks I am nauseated every day, usually at night. I've lost my appetite completely, I rarely eat anymore. This is REALLY starting to worry me. I'm losing weight, my breast size has increased. I have terrible anxiousness and I feel so in my head, depressed with scary dark thoughts (not like me at ALL). I also feel very detached/unemotional. TMI I don't think I'm pregnant but I've been having irregular periods, they come close to the middle of the pack instead of during the inactive pills. My periods are all dark blood (black and brown) and usually very clotted looking. I'm not bashing this pill I just don't think it's really agreeing with my body. I hope this helps someone!”

College Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been reading a lot of these reviews and unfortunately have read that most people have really bad experiences with this birth control. Personally, this is the first birth control I have taken that hasn’t completely ruined my life. My boobs have gotten bigger, I’m finally filling out, my acne is clearing up, and I haven’t had any nausea/depression. Strangely, while most reviewers have noticed a decrease in sex drive, mine has increased and vaginal dryness is not a thing for me. I think it is safe to say that this form of bc is not for everyone, but it is worth a shot.”

Kat March 1, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been on this birth control on and off for about 2+ years to help regulate my period. My period has been irregular from day one. I thought that I was the only woman experiencing severe mood swings, dark DARK thoughts, anxiety, anger, nightmares etc. but after reading a lot of the reviews I now feel validated in the way that I was feeling. I initially thought that the symptoms I listed above were coming from the stress and uncertainty of COVID and the huge shift in everyday life but after trial and error I've found that it's definitely the birth control. Being off of the birth control for a week or two has completely brought me back to myself and I haven't had any of the negative symptoms. I don't normally do reviews but wanted to share my experience and let you know that if you are experiencing these symptoms that you are NOT crazy it's the birth control, stop taking it and ask for an alternative.”

Ki · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this birth control Junel Fe 1.5/30 for 3 months now, it is good at regulating my period and preventing pregnancy however, I am extremely emotional and angry all the time and I have gained weight. I cry more easily now and I lose my temper pretty easy. I would say my acne has actually gotten WORSE and my appetite has definitely increased. Sex drive however has not been affected. Do not recommend if you already suffer from anxiety/depression.”

mariam · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “Honestly Junel FE 1.5/30 is the best birth control I've ever had! No side effects. I’ve been taking this bc for about 4 years now and it’s great! My boyfriend always finishes in me and I am not pregnant! Haha I love it ! Before Junel 1.5/30 I had Microgestin 1.5/30 and it was horrible! I would get horrible pimples and I would get mood swings and I was miserable! I would just be so sad with these pills I hated them! Switching to Junel was the best thing ever! I have not taken any other birth control because I love this one so much !”

$H$ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “Don't take this unless you want problems. Junel will make you gain a lot of weight. I gained 45 pounds in 10 months (I was 140 pounds 1-2 months postpartum so I was only 5 pounds overweight before starting Junel), more than likely caused me to have hypothyroidism, feeling tired all the time no matter the amount of sleep, dry hair, dry skin, mood swing, severe anxiety, migraines for days, random numbness of feet, weird 1 day periods with brown clots after the first 2 months, no sex drive at all, this makes me feel like I'm dying, just too many side effects”

Janet · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “I took brand Microgestin for a year and it was the WORSE. I had yeast infections CONSTANTLY. My periods would last over a week. I had horrible moods, and bad cramping. My sex drive was low and when I was in the mood, I was as dry as a desert! Sex was incredibly painful, and I absolutely hated it. Well a couple of months ago my insurance stopped covering the brand Microgestin and they switched me to Junel 1.5/30. I was afraid at first, but now I'm pleasantly surprised! I haven't had any yeast infections. My periods only last about 3 days, and my moods are NORMAL! My sex drive is up, and it's not painful! I'm so sorry to all those that have had really bad experiences. I'm glad I was able to find a BC that was right for me. We all have different bodies, and they react differently of course. I hope you all can find a suitable BC that is right for YOUR body!”

Veggie · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “I am shocked to see so many bad reviews for this! I started on the lower dose Junel in January 2014 and experienced breakthrough bleeding on and off for a few months. It was annoying since I had just gotten married and my husband can't stand the sight of blood. So I switched to a different pill. The new pill caused depression and anxiety. I then switched to another one causing even worse anxiety. So my Dr decided that since I didn't have any emotional issues with Junel, I should just try the stronger pill. Since being on the stronger pill, I have gained a little weight (but not sure that is due to the pill rather than a happy marriage) and my hair has thinned out a little (only noticeable to me). Other than that, my emotional issues due to my birth control are GONE. I would recommend trying this pill for about 2 months before scratching it from your list, all birth control pills will take a little bit to get used to. Hope this helps!”

Laur · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 26, 2018

For Birth Control: “I feel like there are a lot of negative comments about this birth control, but my experience has been all around positive. Clear skin, lighter periods, and almost non existent cramps. Just trying to offer hope to some of you researching this pill. It wasn’t right for these people, but it was perfect for me. If it is not right for you, switching is always an option. Good luck!”

Time June 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “Hi everyone, well I took this pill Junel Fe 1.5/30 for about 6 months no side effects however it’s left me with no period. It’s been 4 months post Junel fe. I don’t think I’m pregnant ( negative pregnancy test) but I’ve been reading reviews and I haven’t seen any reviews like mine. My stomach as grown a bit :/I know you probably saying I just go to the doctor. It’s the downfall of not having health insurance I can’t afford it. That’s was probably too much information anyways have a bless day”

AliiiciaaR · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “wishing I would have read reviews on Junel Fe 1.5/30 before taking this pill. I've been taking it for about 1 year+ and I didn't really notice it until my boyfriend pointed out that I've become more angry, upset, I cry more often, constant headaches I'm just super moody and I've gained some weight. The ONLY thing I like about it is that I don't have any periods which is lovely but not with all the side effects. I'm definitely switching to another birth control or just getting off it completely”

Taytay · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started off on the lower dose and I hated it! It made me moody and I had lots of breakthrough bleeding. Once they upped my dose to this you would think the moodiness would get worse but the exact opposite happened. I felt normal again. My periods last 4-5 days with only cramping on the first 2-3 days. And the cramping is not bad at all compared to what I went through when I wasn’t on this pill. I’ve been on it for a very long time now and no pregnancies or terrible periods. Definitely works for me”

kb1314 June 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started with the lower dose 1/20. It didn't give me my period so I asked my doctor to up my dose to 1.5/30. About 2 weeks after taking it I got my period, but about 2 weeks after I started feeling TERRIBLE side affects. I felt depressed, and started to have bad anxiety and panic attacks. I had heart palpitations and couldn't even eat anything without getting nauseous and throwing up. I lost 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I thought I was just mentally unstable but after taking a break off them for 2 days I started to feel normal again. These pills were literally making me SICK. I just tried taking the lower dose of the birth control today and almost had a panic attack. Even the lower dose doesn't do me well at all. I am officially stopping this medication immediately, it's confirmed that it is bad for my body, my mind, and my overall health. Please consider your birth control as a suspect before anything else, your every birth control can affect you differently.”

Suffering Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2019

For Birth Control: “This horrible birth control Junel Fe 1.5/30 nearly killed me, I was in agonizing excruciating pelvic pain and suffering from inflammation, my stomach bloated into the shape of a watermelon and I lap swim and run on the treadmill daily and eat fruits and vegetables. This birth control pill also gave me migraine headaches daily and nightly and I suffered from extreme insomnia and would get sleepy at 5:00am. It's absolutely horrible. I stopped taking it and all these horrible symptoms went away. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE DRUG/BIRTH CONTROL PILL.”

TERRIBLEBC · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “I truly wish I could’ve seen the reviews to this horrible medication before I started taking it. I was put on birth control at 15 and took it for 3 years. I didn’t have any issues with my previous birth control. I stopped taking it though at 18 and was just recently prescribed Junel to help break down my ovarian cysts. Worst decision ever. I bled for nearly 3 weeks, my breasts doubled in size (I already have large breasts so this made them massive) making them painful and heavy. I haven’t felt severe depression or really dark thoughts in years but since starting Junel I was completely out of control of my own thoughts and everyday felt like I was going to have a breakdown. Felt like a completely different person and I couldn’t stop it. Gained easily 10 pounds and my body became extremely itchy? Like rashes and hives. I am so glad I decided to stop taking it. DO NOT USE THIS BC”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am 46 & started having my period every other week with excessive bleeding. My OB wanted to regulate. My breasts were very sore, I started having migraines (ocular). I started getting more anxious & it seemed to peak as I was ending my 1st pack (PMS time). The 1st day of my sugar pill/period time I had the worst panic attack ever-- I really thought I was going crazy. Worse feeling in my life - I stopped taking and just a few days out starting to feel better. I came on here to see reviews & just wanted to say how grateful I am that you ladies share your experience-- the nurse on phone literally said anxiety/panic attacks are NOT a side effect. I really thought I was losing my mind. Love & hugs to you all!”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve only been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 for 12 days and so far so good. I was really worried because of all the horrible reviews but honestly... nothing has changed. No headaches or nausea... no hair loss, no difference in appetite... the ONLY thing is that one night I did have slight aches in my lower legs but that went away. Also, my breasts are sensitive but not really painful. Maybe I’m reviewing it too soon, but SO FAR so good.”

Headaching · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “My doctor increased my dose of Junel to the 1.5/30 28 day and I started having awful tension headaches. The headaches were over my eyes so I thought I had a sinus infection. After 3 weeks of headaches on most days ( getting no relief from Motrin, excedrin etc) I realized it was from the hormonal increase in the Junel. I’ve also noticed that my appetite has increased this month. It’s not a good pill for me, I've never experienced headaches like this from any other bc pill.”

Nikki · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “My experience was good. My acne cleared up, menstrual cycle light, no mood swings. I have been taking the birth control pill at the same time everyday. Taking the pill at different times of the day could cause hormonal imbalance in return cause all this bad symptoms.”

Kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2021

For Birth Control: “I love this BC. I take it the same time every day and I haven't had any problems. It made my periods lighter and has been effective. I can't believe all the bad reviews because I have tried so many other with bad outcomes and switched to this one and it was the answer to my prayers!”

Brit June 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've struggle years with bc. I have endometriosis and most birth control makes me anxious and very emotional/ depressed. I've also struggled with being exhausted on the pill. Ever since I've started this pill I've felt pretty great! I was on Junel Fe the lower dose than they upped it to 1.5 cause I was bleeding for so long through my pill and still getting cyst unfortunately. The only side effects I have noticed so far is I struggle to sleep now and I'm not really used to that so it does make me frustrated when I wake up and it's either been a bad nights rest and or I'm just constantly waking up. I've even been taking two melatonin and well that only helps for a 4 hr nights rest and I wake up groggy.”

Steff · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Junel is by far the worst pill I have ever been on. I was not one to believe that switching a brand name for another brand would have any effect on me since the hormone level would stay the same. Guess again. My pharmacy switched my pill after my 3 month trial of microgestin 1.5/30 after I had finally levelled out after 3 months, I had no anxiety, my period regular. Well I got Junel in its place and it’s been a living nightmare. I was placed on the pill 15 years ago for anxiety and depression. Junel made me feel like I was on the verge of a mental break down daily, anxiety ridden, Uninterested in almost everything. Inside my head felt chaotic 24/7. And that was only one month of being on it. I’m a sound human being, it’s crazy what this medicine can do. My doctor has written me a prescription for only Microgestin. Beware.”

Brizee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2017

For Birth Control: “I just finished my very first month of this. Going on it I was terrified that I was gonna gain weight. I'm 18, 5'3 and weigh 180. I have moderate acne and I haven't noticed it making me breakout anymore than my regular. Sometimes it helps. I will say I've been a bit moody but it's nothing out of my regular moodiness. I've read some reviews on here of people just slamming this birth control to the ground. You just have to control your eating a little bit. Time to be a little honest. I started this pill and the second week I was on it we started doing it without a condom. I'd say in the month span at less 15-20 times. He never finished inside me all but once (whoops) and aside from that I've been just fine. Never got pregnant. I'd recommend”

Lc February 23, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on this birth control for about 6 months now. The first month was not fun: a few really bad mood swings and a lot of spotting. I have never had mood swings before in my life so that was pretty scary. Eventually everything levelled out and I’m fine now! I was on the (lowest) dosage right below 1.0/20, but kept having spotting around the middle of the pack, so my doctor switched me to the 1.5/30. I’ve been experiencing some very light nausea in the morning but nothing crazy. I wanted to leave my review for this birth control because of all the negative reviews on here.. I haven’t gained any weight, my skin has cleared up and my breasts have gotten maybe 1/2 cup size larger (not a bad thing.. lol). I also must add that I’ve been suffering with depression my whole life. Before starting BC, I was off my low level anti depressants for about 2 years. After starting bc, I had to get back on a light 10mg of Prozac.”