User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control
5.1

Summary of Junel Fe 1.5/30 reviews 4.8 53 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "I started birth control to help with my excruciating periods (average of 17 days long and horrible cramping) And since I've experienced horrible breakouts, mood swings, a huge increase in anxiety and depression and my sex drive is practically non-existent. As well as those I have a decreased appetite. I hardly eat, yet I'm gaining weight and it's all going to my boobs and thighs. My periods have gone from 17 days to about 10, but I still have horrible cramps and sickness. I was off of the pill for about 2 weeks and I felt like my normal self. Less anxious about everything, less moody, my sex drive increased, but when I started taking them again it all went back to the horrible way I was before I don't really recommend this brand."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Junel because I began to get my period every 2 weeks. All was fine the first 3 weeks. It helped my depression/anxiety and mood immediately. When I started the placebo I got extremely depressed. I always had depression, but was now it was a really dark depression. It had been 2 days and I couldn't stop hysterically crying. On day 4, it was the absolute worst - I decided to call my sister. She knew I had been to the OB recently and asked when I started taking my placebo (I have an app for that,) day 1 of taking the placebo was when they crying began. OB was closed so we decided I should start taking them again. Monday they called and told me to stop it, I refused. I was starting to feel normal again. They put me on it continuously, no placebos. I had no side effects as long as I took it everyday, but if even 1 day got skipped I would be crazy. I was recently was able to wean myself off of it and wouldn't take it again."

Angelpoe07 June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched me from Microgestin to Junel Fe after they stopped carrying Microgestin. I've been on this birth control for almost 3 months and it has been the worst time. After I started taking this I noticed that my skin started to break out, which never happens to me, I am 22 and have NEVER had skin problems aside from a stray pimple here and there. Since beginning this my skin has been all over the place and I can't get it under control. I've been bloated and gained weight since taking this. I have been on several other BC pills prior to this and the Microgestin and I've never had such an awful time. Microgestin was perfect and gave me no side effects at all and Junel Fe has been ruining my life for the past 3 months. When I talked to my pharmacist about needing to switch from this she said since they have stopped carrying Microgestin and using Junel Fe a ton of people have been having the same issues."

sd June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Listen, I have been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 birth control for 2 weeks and my side effects are nausea, occasional vomiting, low sex drive, dry vagina, painful vagina, dizziness, insomnia, weird heart fluttery feelings, and headaches. It's been TWO weeks & I genuinely feel near death. OHHH & I've started to get bumps on my face. Getting off of this as soon as I possibly can."

Nicol3333 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Junel Fe 1.5/30 for three months before I switched to a new birthcontrol . It did effectively prevent pregnancy and gave me a regular period. The first couple of weeks consisted of terrible nausea and extremely tender breasts. The nausea did subside after the first month or so. My breasts have been tender the entire three months and have grown very much. Although I did not gain weight, I did have really bad mood swings, non-existent sex drive and DEPRESSION! I didn't notice until the end of the 2nd month going into the third one, but I was constantly unhappy and my mood could switch at the drop of a dime. Before taking this pill, my sex drive with my boyfriend was extremely high, but after I began taking it, we've gone nearly 2 months without even touching each other because of me (feel so bad). The pills affect everyone differently so it really is trial and error."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I started so my boyfriend and I could have sex without protection. The first week I ate SO MUCH. My appetite grew that I amazed everyone around me eating so much. The second week I got such bad nausea I threw up. Third week I feel a lot better. BUT I noticed that when I was having sex I was SIGNIFICANTLY dry and had noticed my drive to want to have sex decreased. I had had a very high sex drive and I’m usually very aroused. But lately it seems like sex is a chore and I really have to focus to try and enjoy it a little. So while the side effects of nausea and increased hunger went away, the lack of desire to want to have sex the first month and dryness was enough to turn me off. My friends warned me about the side effects and that a lower sex drive would happen. I decided to stop taking the pills because while I believe the nausea will go away, the lack of desire, and dryness I don’t think will because of the hormones. So I decided to stop. But at least I didn't get pregnant lol"

Sam May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been reading these reviews and my daughter started out on this and was doing really well, then started with cystic acne, weight gain and moodiness and as it turns out, it's not the name brand Junel, the pharmacy switched it to the generic on her. Now that she has insisted that they give her the name brand, she has lost 6 lbs the first month and is happy again. For all of you that are having a hard time, it might be because the pharmacy has switched you to the generic, which is not the same. Insist on the name brand. It has made a difference in my daughter's life. She's 20."

Ang (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I feel like there are a lot of negative comments about this birth control, but my experience has been all around positive. Clear skin, lighter periods, and almost non existent cramps. Just trying to offer hope to some of you researching this pill. It wasn’t right for these people, but it was perfect for me. If it is not right for you, switching is always an option. Good luck!"

Laur (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2018

"I have been taking Junel 1.5 for 2 years. I am 49 and had never been on birth control before. My gyne put me on this because I’m going through perimenapause and she said this would control some of the severe symptoms I was having. I gave this a “2” because it did lessen the heavy bleeding I was having, but it worsened the headaches, night sweats, and the big kicker - now I mysteriously have high blood pressure. Two doctors and a pharmacist said they believe it is from Junel 1.5 so I am stopping it. I am in excellent health and eat ultra clean. Make sure you get your blood pressure checked regularly if you take this."

Lee March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was previously on Sprintec for about 5 years but switched because my periods were becoming shorter but I was having really odd periods that were heavy and clotting. I also had a lower sex drive and just felt blah so my NP decided it was time for a change. After changing, I instantly felt a change! My periods have been lighter, shorter, and consistently regular. My sex drive came back about a month after switching. The only downside is my cramps are worse but I've always had bad cramps. I would definitely recommend!"

Nurse BW (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Junel Fe 1.5/30 for birth control. I had no side effects when I first started. My skin was clear, my period was regular and no mood swings. I was switched from Lo Loestrin because of insurance changes and could tell the pill was different although it’s the generic. I gained a few pounds after 2 months but I was eating poorly so I’m not sure this has anything to do with. After 6 months I lost a lot of weight so I’m not sure the pill was the problem but I started to experience a lot of dryness during sex. I still had a sex drive but definitely decreased. Overall the pill did its job and I had a few times that I forgot to take it and still no scares."

ER707 February 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 18 and this is the first birth control I went on because I had a very large ovarian cysts( at the point where I need surgery), I HATE this pill. I have struggled with acne, nothing too bad but I still always have acne. Only after 4 days the acne on my face got terrible, it was all over my face. Not only on my face but then I start to get back acne (which I have never before), that isn't even the worst part. I got acne all over my boobs, like huge pimples everywhere it was just so gross. My mood swings were terrible I would get to mad so easily and once I got mad I always just started to cry. After a week on this pill I started to get really bad hip pain and Advil wasn't helping much. For me this pill was absolutely Terrible."

Jess60006 January 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 27, healthy, and have been on birth control since I was 15. I had to switch off my old birth control as they don’t offer it anymore. The first month I took this, I had severe night sweats for two weeks. My period was beyond heavy and lasted 12 days. I am on my third month and have had reoccuring yeast infections since being on this. It is honestly awful. My uterine lining has also thinned out drastically that when I have sex it is always pink after. And I am an emotional person but I swear My emotions are even more out of whack using this. I cry all the time. I am not using this anymore."

CKCK27 January 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on Junel now for 4 years. I've never been pregnant, no weight gain, less mood swings than other bc pills. Less sex drive & less self lubrication. Over the last 2 yrs, I’ve noticed my hair (which used to be thick, dark, and coarse) changed color & texture to more fine, less curly, and lighter. Many hairs are falling out after only growing 2-6 inches long, and overall I’m shedding more hair than I used to. After doing research, experts say this type of birth control can increase hormonal hair loss. I talked to my doctor and she didn’t think that’s what is causing my hair loss. I still have a full head of hair & only I notice the difference, but will continue to monitor the situation to see if the thinning becomes more noticeable. Will continue to take Junel..."

Less Hair? (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2017

For Birth Control "Great for birth control. I switched from Tri-Sprintec because of spotting. I have been on Junel for about 8 months now but have noticed weight gain and depression. Getting off of it and hopefully switching to something else"

Cbp December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "Pros- Haven’t gotten pregnant. Cons- Broke out (never had acne) irregular periods (also spotting), emotionally depressed, super bipolar, massive weight loss (I’m already skinny) I do not recommend this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about 6 mo. It's done it's job as for not allowing pregnancy, so I give it a 4. But for the first 2 weeks I was on it I was so sick- waking up at night drenched in sweat, lower back pain, cramps, no appetite, my face broke out, you name it... Now I only have cramps off and on, bloated, my period is lighter but I have been depressed for at least 2 moonth my appetite goes from nothing at all to wanting to eat everything. I have NEVER cried this much in my entire life. Also I will get headaches for a week to 2 weeks straight which has never happened to me. Everyone's body is different, this pill might do great things for you but it has not worked well with my body."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2017

For Birth Control "So, I've been on this birth control for about 2 months and so far I haven't had much problems with it. I was on Gildess until it got "recalled" and I LOVED it. So until then I have been on 4 different birth controls and I was on the Junel 1/20 for 3 months and that made me gained weight, I was depressed and mean, had no sex drive. So now I have tried this one and it is going really good, I like that I don't take the pills for a week. My moods are normal, I'm losing weight easily, I'm sexually active. But the only thing that sucks is I have back acne and I've never had that before, they're huge zits and super painful so iIwould like tips on how to calm those down! But other then that it's a pretty good birth control so far!"

hollaydeer September 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking Junel for a little over two months now. I switched from microgestin 1/20 (because they discontinued it) to Gildess 1/20 and let me tell you, I'm so much happier with Junel. I loved microgestin and Gildess just couldn't do it for me. Despite taking it every day without missing a day or time, I had break through bleeding and a lot of heavy spotting. But now? I don't have that. I do have some emotional polarity at times because of the new pill and I have experienced bloating (but I also have IBS-C which doesn't help). But people need to realize that you can't bash a pill because it doesn't work for you. It works great for others and awful for others simply because of how your body functions. Junel does its job as a BC pill very well."

BB01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

For Birth Control "Awful pill! Caused extreme nausea and fatigue and terrible headaches daily. It made me almost impossible to function that after three days I decided to call it quits. Do not recommend"

Prunes September 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel for a few months, and right off the bat experienced several side effects. Every birth control effects people differently but let me tell you, this does NOT work for me. I rate it 3 stars because it did its purpose for a birth control but its given me such hell. I broke out several times for the first time ever, I'm constantly crying and I feel so depressed. This has made my moods go everywhere back and forth multiple times a day. I've had a lot of break through bleeding, cramps all the time and overall just feel horrible. I've also gained 5 pounds while on this pill, I couldn't tell you if that's related to the pill but I'm 19 years old and 5'8 and was 115 when I started this but now am 120. Getting off this ASAP."

jilldug August 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control after giving birth to my son. I've had great experiences on it. Since I've started taking it I've lost a total of 42lbs, my appetite seems to have decreased. My periods are short and not horrible like I used to have while taking ortho tricyclen."

Kayde (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this birth control. I am a healthy 20 year old with no previous medical history. A month into taking this new birth control (I changed doctors and she changed me from ortho try cyclen because she doesn't like it) so I decided to give it a try. Within first 2 weeks face started breaking out bad, mood changes, appetite change (constantly hungry),feet started swelling and then chest heaviness and palpations along with shortness of breath. Needless to say I stopped taking it and I now I feel fine. Do your research before starting a new pill."

Anonymous July 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on the Junel Fe 1.5/30 28 day, for 6 months and I've gained about 17 pounds while on this, no anxiety/depression but my sex drive did decrease significantly to the point where it concerned me. Getting off of this right away!"

Staycee July 26, 2017

For Birth Control "Caused the wildest mood swings and made my body itch like crazy. I've cried 3x times tonight, and once while having dinner with the family. And this is only day #2 from taking this new BC (originally switched from Microgestin). Never taking again"

Anomynous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017