User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

1.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1.5/30 reviews 24 reviews 2.9

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience on this - I was on a similar generic pill, and my insurance/pharmacy sent this instead. Within days of being on it, I had headaches, nausea, mood swings. I also have not been able to sleep through the night in the last few weeks. I have thrown up about 6 times in the 3 weeks I started the pills and my boyfriend thinks I am insane from all the mood swings. I am switching back to the other generic pill-which I realize you shouldn't be able to tell a difference, but for some reason...I can. What a nightmare."

jmm12 March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I went on this for acne, and it worked the first go around, I stopped for like 6-9 months and then went back on it, and now my face is completely dried out everyday, I'm bloated, finding myself completely emotional about things I would never find upsetting, depressed and now I'm bleeding at random times and does not regulate my period. A big no from me."

Sml456 February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I hated Junel Fe 1.5/30. Horrible chin acne and oily skin, and even worse mood swings. my sex drive stayed normal and I still had a desire to have sex, but the pill is not worth it for how depressed it made me"

bribri7 January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking junel 1.5 for about a year and a half. I didn't gain weight, have mood swings, breakthrough bleeding, low sex drive, but I did notice around my period time I would have 1 or 2 cyst like pimples pop up that took roughly 2 weeks to heal and sometimes left a scar which I'm not prone to acne and have a good skin regime. So I am switching to sronyx (generic of aviane) due to that. Otherwise this was good birth control for me. Didn't get pregnant and had regular periods usually 4 days long and light."

Az17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this pill before I went off to college and it is an absolute godsend!! After the first couple of months of spotting both the second and fourth weeks I haven't gotten my period since. I have had no weight gain and only increases in acne when I am extremely stressed. I also have some spotting during the active weeks if I am stressed. I have been taking this pill for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it!!! I highly recommend."

auntieflo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for a little over a year and I have had a wonderful experience with it. I did not gain any weight, and didn't have any side effects. The only downside that I am experiencing currently is that I've been getting my period recently during the second week of the pill pack so my gyno recently switched me to a different brand. Everyone reacts differently to medication but I highly recommend this pill :)"

Lizzieee December 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Okay well this June Fe is the worst thing ever. I have been on it for 6 months. Once on it I notice weird pimples and cystic lumps on my face. I work in the operating room so I thought it was the mask. But once I changed to a different mask nothing happen. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed me with a STAPH INFECTION.I was out of work for a week with no pay! After that week I went back to get cleared but knew that wasn't going to happen. The doctor sent me back to the dermoatologist where I saw a different doctor who then told me it was dermoitis. After putting so much medication on my chin and it was not clearing up. I finally thought about this new birth control.reading reading reviews I deffiently have the cystic lumps."

Meghandb5 November 10, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I did not get pregnant while taking Junel Fe 1.5, so technically it worked. However, that could have been because it knocked my libido down quite a bit so I was basically abstinent. I also gained weight, had problems with my skin and found myself suffering from drastic mood swings and anxiety. I was nauseous daily, despite taking the pill with food, at night or at precisely the same time every day. As someone who infrequently suffers migraines, this pill made them a thousand times worse. Blinding headaches. I've been off it for a year and a few months at this point, and have seen a huge reduction in migraines and problems with my libido since. Pro: While I was on this, it made my periods really light or nonexistent."

DanielleAbell October 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill is terrible. I started taking it because the pharmacy ran out of my normal pill which was Microgestin (which I LOVED). I have never had a problem with acne and I woke up yesterday with 3 pimples on my chin and some on my back. I also have terrible back pain. So bad to where I can not stand or walk and it even hurts when I lay down or sit. Do not take this pill."

Rosie t October 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Started this almost 3 months ago. My period has always been 5-6 days. Last month my period was 10 days. This month I'm on day 14 with no end in sight! This is a nightmare!"

Endless bleeding (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 27 years old and this pill is a god-sent. I used to have heavy, painful, irregular periods. But after starting the pill, my periods are regular enough I can predict them down to the hour, they are very light and short, and I have almost no cramping at all! I've been taking them for 6 months and have no intention of stopping."

Guest031 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 for many years (switched from Loestrin to Microgestin, this is my second generic version). I LOVE this pill. It has not caused any negative side effects for me, and always made my period very light and short (2-3 days long). I sometimes skip my period week on purpose by moving on to the next pill pack early instead of taking the placebo pills for a week. However, after skipping on purpose a couple of times in a row, I have now not had a period for 4 months WITHOUT skipping my placebo pills! I was very concerned but have taken pills regularly and taken many pregnancy tests and am NOT pregnant. I have heard from others this brand is known to cause light or no periods."

Anonymous June 21, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My obgyn switched me to Junel 1.5/30 after taking Sprintec for 4 months. The Sprintec was fine, except I noticed breakouts. I now realize that the breakouts were due to a skincare product, and that switching to Junel is the worst thing that's happened to me. I have constant mood swings, I cry all the time for no reason, I have a CONSTANT throbbing headache, I have no sex drive whatsoever, my appetite has changed, and somehow my breasts got smaller.. I stopped taking it and I'm switching back to Sprintec as soon as I can. Horrible, horrible birth control."

gold789 May 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over 5 years. The first ~6 months were difficult (I had to take it with food or I'd get nauseous, certain times of the cycle it made me extremely tired, moody, etc). The longer I stayed on it, the more those symptoms subsided- so I encourage anyone struggling with it to hold out because it will likely improve. I also learned that you have to take it at the EXACT same time every day or the side effects are worse. The past few years I have had no problems with it at all."

Not Applicable 2384204 April 17, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I absolutely love Junel fe. It's the first pill I've tried and so far I wouldn't change anything. My periods are light and short but regular. I haven't gained any weight but the pill seems to be aiding in weight loss as I work out a fair amount. No nausea. I have been getting more anxious lately & I do worry that may be a side effect, but I am a person with anxiety disorders in general so I'm not too sure. I've had an increase in my sex drive as well, and I haven't gotten pregnant, which is the important part here."

Tay1616 January 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I highly recommend that those who are prone to any sort of acne try a DIFFERENT brand of birth control. Junel Fe, otherwise known as Microgestin, is a pill that will not usually make one's acne better, it will either stay the same OR make it worse. I was sadly in the latter category. This is because it's a low estrogen pill. With Junel Fe I began to get acne all over my face - my jaw, cheeks, forehead, and chin. I would get up to 7 painful, embarrassing cystic lumps at a time and tons of zits that were oddly prone to leaving scars. I went from almost perfect skin to having adult acne! Nothing improved after 6 months. Seems like good skin on birth control isn't possible for everyone...Anyway, a high estrogen pill is probably better for acne."

VioletStar88 November 11, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well I've been on this birth control for a month now and the only negative thing is I gained 10 pounds in the past month. Other than that I haven't had any cramping or a period. Before this I was on the junel 1/20 which my cramping was horrible and my periods were heavy when I had them. I would get it for 3 months then missed a month."

krystalg85 September 3, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Not pregnant, so at least there's that. Beyond that, I'm not terribly impressed. Dramatic mood swings; just this morning, I went from being a ray of sunshine to crying on the floor in my room because my jeans were tight. This happens several times a week. Which brings me to the next lovely side effect; weight gain. I have an active career (I'm a dancer) and I work out 5-6 days a week. I have a very healthy diet, which I moniter carefully. Yet, I have gained about 8-10 pounds since starting this pill. I normally have very clear skin, but have noticed some breaking out along my cheekbones and jawline. The best one; my libido is in the basement. I'm at the end of month four. Calling the Dr in the morning. Not worth the depression, especially."

Rose4386 August 15, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "If I could I would give this pill a 0. My period continued to come a week early and heavy, cramping became worse than it has been, I gained 5 lbs, my acne got a lot worse, my lips got incredibly cracked, and my hypersensitivity worsened greatly. Definitely getting off of this pill as soon as possible"

Jjennyy ww July 12, 2015

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since I was 16 and now I'm 21. I take this pill as a continuous birth control and never get my period. I have nothing bad to say about this pill and will continue to take it as long as needed. It's great!"

rc023 April 4, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and its worked wonderfully for me. It completely regulated my period, the flow and not to mention it's prevented pregnancy flawlessly."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2014

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel for a year and 1 month. I love everything about it except the weight gain. I have always struggled with my weight and I have gained about 15-20 pounds in a year. HOWEVER, it is the only bad side effect. My periods are super light, much like spotting, and only lasts a few days. My cramps are about the same, mostly in my back and legs but taper off as my period continues. This month I actually had NO PERIOD! My mood swings have actually calmed down a bit and I feel great taking the pills. I do not see me coming off the pills anytime soon! I have United HealthCare and it completely covered the birth control, even the co-pay."

Michelle Taylor 8301 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2014

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for 6 years, never had problems. I switched to this pill because my Dr thought a higher dosage would help with mood swings. It did that, but I also developed horrible acne on my face & back. I gained 6 lbs (in 2 months) despite increased diet & exercise. I also started growing facial hair. This definitely was NOT right for me!"

hatesjunel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2013

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I tried this medication based on recommendations from my doctor. First, read ALL the information about the pill before taking it. My doctor prescribed this to me knowing I suffer from severe migraines (it was in my medical history and discussed). It says in the description NOT to take this if you suffer from migraines. So aside from that, here is what this pill has done to me: Extreme and heavy bleeding for 14 days now (and it's showing no signs of stopping), body soreness, breast soreness, increased headaches, extreme eye pain, extreme fatigue, extreme mood swings, loss of appetite and weight, heavy cramping, chest pains, difficulty breathing, and loss of libido. "

Anne Summers December 14, 2011

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on the Nuvaring and the Patch before that. I had terrible moodswings, irregular bleeding and weight gain. I have none of that with this pill. I am 45 years old and having been using for over two years."

Anonymous September 29, 2011