User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

1.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 3 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1.5/30 reviews 36 reviews 2.6

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "Caused the wildest mood swings and made my body itch like crazy. I've cried 3x times tonight, and once while having dinner with the family. And this is only day #2 from taking this new BC (originally switched from Microgestin). Never taking again"

Anomynous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this birth control after Gildess was recalled. I did great on Gildess, but as soon as I was switched, I started to notice some differences. My appetite was INSANE. I'd eat a huge amount of food and immediately feel hungry afterwards. I gained about 15 pounds in the 6 month period in which I took it. As soon as I got off of it, the problem went away."

tgrubb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Bleeding basically every day (heavy and light), light headed, heart palpitations, bad ache"

Sam - 2 July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My pharmacy ended up switching my birth control and gave me this one. First of all I bled out for over a month on this birth control...not for me. I don't like getting my period a lot. I had severe cramps and was always tired. I don't recommend this birth control to any one. Causes very abnormal bleeding."

bb1215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel Fe for about 2.5 years on and off, and I've about had it. I should've known when I first began, because I got headaches endlessly when I started and gained weight (plus it was my freshman year of college, so double the weight), and my skin has suffered as well. This pill is the absolute worst. I have to take it the same time everyday or I start spotting, and I have never been this moody. Switching to Kyleena next month."

aliyana (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just finished my very first month of this. Going on it I was terrified that I was gonna gain weight. I'm 18, 5'3 and weigh 180. I have moderate acne and I haven't noticed it making me breakout anymore than my regular. Sometimes it helps. I will say I've been a bit moody but it's nothing out of my regular moodiness. I've read some reviews on here of people just slamming this birth control to the ground. You just have to control your eating a little bit. Time to be a little honest. I started this pill and the second week I was on it we started doing it without a condom. I'd say in the month span at less 15-20 times. He never finished inside me all but once (whoops) and aside from that I've been just fine. Never got pregnant. I'd recommend"

Brizee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've never felt better. I can't believe I've been missing this. My energy has gone up. My moods are more stable than ever. It's only been three weeks and hope this good momentum continues!"

30yr old first time on BC (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control after being on another pill for five years. I've been on this pill for three months. I've gained noticeable weight, solely because I feel like I cant stop eating. Even more so, I'm exhausted all the time, my energy is low. I'm a very active person and its becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with the work outs. This is NOT me. I've also had headaches (and migraines) almost everyday. These headaches are debilitating. I've had to call out of work because my head was pounding and I was overwhelmed with nausea. I'm currently working with my OB to find an alternative. I'm sure this pill would be great for someone, but its not the one for me."

BirthControlConnoisseur (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "One of the worst experiences I've ever had. I'm 38 and have never had skin issues. Well, now my skin is worse than my 14 year old daughters skin. Within a week of going on this pill, the left side of my face developed cystic acne. A full month in and it was all over my face. I attempted to stick with it to see if I would adjust, but it has gotten worse. Today is Wednesday and I quit taking the pill on Saturday; I'm hoping to see an improvement soon. I'm not sure if it was the pill or my skin, but I'm also pretty depressed and have lots of anxiety. I'd really rather have another baby than deal with the results of this pill."

SouthernAcP April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely terrible. Mood swings, tears, weight gain. Seriously, just don't. I am not an emotional person at all. But I would cry, get upset, and became severely depressed. A week off of the pill and I am back to my normal self."

LizinOhio April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hello everyone! I took Junel fe for three cycles and gosh, was it a mess. I'm 5'3 and weighed at 123 starting it. At the end when I switched BC, I weighed 114. This made me severely nauseous, moody, and just made my anxiety horrendous. I would cry for no reason and over react. I give major props to my boyfriend for dealing with me...It got so bad to the point where he loved the placebo week because I didn't have nearly as bad as a reaction. However, I never got pregnant on this BC so it does what it claims. Props to it. I know BC is different for everyone so don't let this discourage you. I'm just sharing my experience..."

Lizxixox April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control experience! I do not recommend this method to anyone. I've only been taking the pill for about a week and I've been in the ER and urgent care for extreme chest/back pain and trouble breathing. My lung is now inflamed as a side effect of this pill (Junel Fe) This pill has effected my daily life and caused a lot of unexpected medical expenses. I am a very healthy 29 year old with no history of health problems. I do not smoke either. Very unfortunate situation. Please do your research before taking this pill."

DMDA (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience on this - I was on a similar generic pill, and my insurance/pharmacy sent this instead. Within days of being on it, I had headaches, nausea, mood swings. I also have not been able to sleep through the night in the last few weeks. I have thrown up about 6 times in the 3 weeks I started the pills and my boyfriend thinks I am insane from all the mood swings. I am switching back to the other generic pill-which I realize you shouldn't be able to tell a difference, but for some reason...I can. What a nightmare."

jmm12 March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I went on this for acne, and it worked the first go around, I stopped for like 6-9 months and then went back on it, and now my face is completely dried out everyday, I'm bloated, finding myself completely emotional about things I would never find upsetting, depressed and now I'm bleeding at random times and does not regulate my period. A big no from me."

Sml456 February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I hated Junel Fe 1.5/30. Horrible chin acne and oily skin, and even worse mood swings. my sex drive stayed normal and I still had a desire to have sex, but the pill is not worth it for how depressed it made me"

bribri7 January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking junel 1.5 for about a year and a half. I didn't gain weight, have mood swings, breakthrough bleeding, low sex drive, but I did notice around my period time I would have 1 or 2 cyst like pimples pop up that took roughly 2 weeks to heal and sometimes left a scar which I'm not prone to acne and have a good skin regime. So I am switching to sronyx (generic of aviane) due to that. Otherwise this was good birth control for me. Didn't get pregnant and had regular periods usually 4 days long and light."

Az17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill before I went off to college and it is an absolute godsend!! After the first couple of months of spotting both the second and fourth weeks I haven't gotten my period since. I have had no weight gain and only increases in acne when I am extremely stressed. I also have some spotting during the active weeks if I am stressed. I have been taking this pill for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it!!! I highly recommend."

auntieflo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for a little over a year and I have had a wonderful experience with it. I did not gain any weight, and didn't have any side effects. The only downside that I am experiencing currently is that I've been getting my period recently during the second week of the pill pack so my gyno recently switched me to a different brand. Everyone reacts differently to medication but I highly recommend this pill :)"

Lizzieee December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Okay well this June Fe is the worst thing ever. I have been on it for 6 months. Once on it I notice weird pimples and cystic lumps on my face. I work in the operating room so I thought it was the mask. But once I changed to a different mask nothing happen. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed me with a STAPH INFECTION.I was out of work for a week with no pay! After that week I went back to get cleared but knew that wasn't going to happen. The doctor sent me back to the dermoatologist where I saw a different doctor who then told me it was dermoitis. After putting so much medication on my chin and it was not clearing up. I finally thought about this new birth control.reading reading reviews I deffiently have the cystic lumps."

Meghandb5 November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I did not get pregnant while taking Junel Fe 1.5, so technically it worked. However, that could have been because it knocked my libido down quite a bit so I was basically abstinent. I also gained weight, had problems with my skin and found myself suffering from drastic mood swings and anxiety. I was nauseous daily, despite taking the pill with food, at night or at precisely the same time every day. As someone who infrequently suffers migraines, this pill made them a thousand times worse. Blinding headaches. I've been off it for a year and a few months at this point, and have seen a huge reduction in migraines and problems with my libido since. Pro: While I was on this, it made my periods really light or nonexistent."

DanielleAbell October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is terrible. I started taking it because the pharmacy ran out of my normal pill which was Microgestin (which I LOVED). I have never had a problem with acne and I woke up yesterday with 3 pimples on my chin and some on my back. I also have terrible back pain. So bad to where I can not stand or walk and it even hurts when I lay down or sit. Do not take this pill."

Rosie t October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started this almost 3 months ago. My period has always been 5-6 days. Last month my period was 10 days. This month I'm on day 14 with no end in sight! This is a nightmare!"

Endless bleeding (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 27 years old and this pill is a god-sent. I used to have heavy, painful, irregular periods. But after starting the pill, my periods are regular enough I can predict them down to the hour, they are very light and short, and I have almost no cramping at all! I've been taking them for 6 months and have no intention of stopping."

Guest031 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 for many years (switched from Loestrin to Microgestin, this is my second generic version). I LOVE this pill. It has not caused any negative side effects for me, and always made my period very light and short (2-3 days long). I sometimes skip my period week on purpose by moving on to the next pill pack early instead of taking the placebo pills for a week. However, after skipping on purpose a couple of times in a row, I have now not had a period for 4 months WITHOUT skipping my placebo pills! I was very concerned but have taken pills regularly and taken many pregnancy tests and am NOT pregnant. I have heard from others this brand is known to cause light or no periods."

Anonymous June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My obgyn switched me to Junel 1.5/30 after taking Sprintec for 4 months. The Sprintec was fine, except I noticed breakouts. I now realize that the breakouts were due to a skincare product, and that switching to Junel is the worst thing that's happened to me. I have constant mood swings, I cry all the time for no reason, I have a CONSTANT throbbing headache, I have no sex drive whatsoever, my appetite has changed, and somehow my breasts got smaller.. I stopped taking it and I'm switching back to Sprintec as soon as I can. Horrible, horrible birth control."

gold789 May 7, 2016