User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Junel Fe 1.5/30.

Birth Control
5.1

Summary of Junel Fe 1.5/30 reviews 5.1 40 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "Great for birth control. I switched from Tri-Sprintec because of spotting. I have been on Junel for about 8 months now but have noticed weight gain and depression. Getting off of it and hopefully switching to something else"

Cbp December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Pros- Haven’t gotten pregnant. Cons- Broke out (never had acne) irregular periods (also spotting), emotionally depressed, super bipolar, massive weight loss (I’m already skinny) I do not recommend this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about 6 mo. It's done it's job as for not allowing pregnancy, so I give it a 4. But for the first 2 weeks I was on it I was so sick- waking up at night drenched in sweat, lower back pain, cramps, no appetite, my face broke out, you name it... Now I only have cramps off and on, bloated, my period is lighter but I have been depressed for at least 2 moonth my appetite goes from nothing at all to wanting to eat everything. I have NEVER cried this much in my entire life. Also I will get headaches for a week to 2 weeks straight which has never happened to me. Everyone's body is different, this pill might do great things for you but it has not worked well with my body."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So, I've been on this birth control for about 2 months and so far I haven't had much problems with it. I was on Gildess until it got "recalled" and I LOVED it. So until then I have been on 4 different birth controls and I was on the Junel 1/20 for 3 months and that made me gained weight, I was depressed and mean, had no sex drive. So now I have tried this one and it is going really good, I like that I don't take the pills for a week. My moods are normal, I'm losing weight easily, I'm sexually active. But the only thing that sucks is I have back acne and I've never had that before, they're huge zits and super painful so iIwould like tips on how to calm those down! But other then that it's a pretty good birth control so far!"

hollaydeer September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Junel for a little over two months now. I switched from microgestin 1/20 (because they discontinued it) to Gildess 1/20 and let me tell you, I'm so much happier with Junel. I loved microgestin and Gildess just couldn't do it for me. Despite taking it every day without missing a day or time, I had break through bleeding and a lot of heavy spotting. But now? I don't have that. I do have some emotional polarity at times because of the new pill and I have experienced bloating (but I also have IBS-C which doesn't help). But people need to realize that you can't bash a pill because it doesn't work for you. It works great for others and awful for others simply because of how your body functions. Junel does its job as a BC pill very well."

BB01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Awful pill! Caused extreme nausea and fatigue and terrible headaches daily. It made me almost impossible to function that after three days I decided to call it quits. Do not recommend"

Prunes September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel for a few months, and right off the bat experienced several side effects. Every birth control effects people differently but let me tell you, this does NOT work for me. I rate it 3 stars because it did its purpose for a birth control but its given me such hell. I broke out several times for the first time ever, I'm constantly crying and I feel so depressed. This has made my moods go everywhere back and forth multiple times a day. I've had a lot of break through bleeding, cramps all the time and overall just feel horrible. I've also gained 5 pounds while on this pill, I couldn't tell you if that's related to the pill but I'm 19 years old and 5'8 and was 115 when I started this but now am 120. Getting off this ASAP."

jilldug August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this birth control after giving birth to my son. I've had great experiences on it. Since I've started taking it I've lost a total of 42lbs, my appetite seems to have decreased. My periods are short and not horrible like I used to have while taking ortho tricyclen."

Kayde (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this birth control. I am a healthy 20 year old with no previous medical history. A month into taking this new birth control (I changed doctors and she changed me from ortho try cyclen because she doesn't like it) so I decided to give it a try. Within first 2 weeks face started breaking out bad, mood changes, appetite change (constantly hungry),feet started swelling and then chest heaviness and palpations along with shortness of breath. Needless to say I stopped taking it and I now I feel fine. Do your research before starting a new pill."

Anonymous July 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the Junel Fe 1.5/30 28 day, for 6 months and I've gained about 17 pounds while on this, no anxiety/depression but my sex drive did decrease significantly to the point where it concerned me. Getting off of this right away!"

Staycee July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Caused the wildest mood swings and made my body itch like crazy. I've cried 3x times tonight, and once while having dinner with the family. And this is only day #2 from taking this new BC (originally switched from Microgestin). Never taking again"

Anomynous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this birth control after Gildess was recalled. I did great on Gildess, but as soon as I was switched, I started to notice some differences. My appetite was INSANE. I'd eat a huge amount of food and immediately feel hungry afterwards. I gained about 15 pounds in the 6 month period in which I took it. As soon as I got off of it, the problem went away."

tgrubb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Bleeding basically every day (heavy and light), light headed, heart palpitations, bad ache"

Sam - 2 July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My pharmacy ended up switching my birth control and gave me this one. First of all I bled out for over a month on this birth control...not for me. I don't like getting my period a lot. I had severe cramps and was always tired. I don't recommend this birth control to any one. Causes very abnormal bleeding."

bb1215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel Fe for about 2.5 years on and off, and I've about had it. I should've known when I first began, because I got headaches endlessly when I started and gained weight (plus it was my freshman year of college, so double the weight), and my skin has suffered as well. This pill is the absolute worst. I have to take it the same time everyday or I start spotting, and I have never been this moody. Switching to Kyleena next month."

aliyana (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I just finished my very first month of this. Going on it I was terrified that I was gonna gain weight. I'm 18, 5'3 and weigh 180. I have moderate acne and I haven't noticed it making me breakout anymore than my regular. Sometimes it helps. I will say I've been a bit moody but it's nothing out of my regular moodiness. I've read some reviews on here of people just slamming this birth control to the ground. You just have to control your eating a little bit. Time to be a little honest. I started this pill and the second week I was on it we started doing it without a condom. I'd say in the month span at less 15-20 times. He never finished inside me all but once (whoops) and aside from that I've been just fine. Never got pregnant. I'd recommend"

Brizee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've never felt better. I can't believe I've been missing this. My energy has gone up. My moods are more stable than ever. It's only been three weeks and hope this good momentum continues!"

30yr old first time on BC (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control after being on another pill for five years. I've been on this pill for three months. I've gained noticeable weight, solely because I feel like I cant stop eating. Even more so, I'm exhausted all the time, my energy is low. I'm a very active person and its becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with the work outs. This is NOT me. I've also had headaches (and migraines) almost everyday. These headaches are debilitating. I've had to call out of work because my head was pounding and I was overwhelmed with nausea. I'm currently working with my OB to find an alternative. I'm sure this pill would be great for someone, but its not the one for me."

BirthControlConnoisseur (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "One of the worst experiences I've ever had. I'm 38 and have never had skin issues. Well, now my skin is worse than my 14 year old daughters skin. Within a week of going on this pill, the left side of my face developed cystic acne. A full month in and it was all over my face. I attempted to stick with it to see if I would adjust, but it has gotten worse. Today is Wednesday and I quit taking the pill on Saturday; I'm hoping to see an improvement soon. I'm not sure if it was the pill or my skin, but I'm also pretty depressed and have lots of anxiety. I'd really rather have another baby than deal with the results of this pill."

SouthernAcP April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolutely terrible. Mood swings, tears, weight gain. Seriously, just don't. I am not an emotional person at all. But I would cry, get upset, and became severely depressed. A week off of the pill and I am back to my normal self."

LizinOhio April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hello everyone! I took Junel fe for three cycles and gosh, was it a mess. I'm 5'3 and weighed at 123 starting it. At the end when I switched BC, I weighed 114. This made me severely nauseous, moody, and just made my anxiety horrendous. I would cry for no reason and over react. I give major props to my boyfriend for dealing with me...It got so bad to the point where he loved the placebo week because I didn't have nearly as bad as a reaction. However, I never got pregnant on this BC so it does what it claims. Props to it. I know BC is different for everyone so don't let this discourage you. I'm just sharing my experience..."

Lizxixox April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control experience! I do not recommend this method to anyone. I've only been taking the pill for about a week and I've been in the ER and urgent care for extreme chest/back pain and trouble breathing. My lung is now inflamed as a side effect of this pill (Junel Fe) This pill has effected my daily life and caused a lot of unexpected medical expenses. I am a very healthy 29 year old with no history of health problems. I do not smoke either. Very unfortunate situation. Please do your research before taking this pill."

DMDA (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had a terrible experience on this - I was on a similar generic pill, and my insurance/pharmacy sent this instead. Within days of being on it, I had headaches, nausea, mood swings. I also have not been able to sleep through the night in the last few weeks. I have thrown up about 6 times in the 3 weeks I started the pills and my boyfriend thinks I am insane from all the mood swings. I am switching back to the other generic pill-which I realize you shouldn't be able to tell a difference, but for some reason...I can. What a nightmare."

jmm12 March 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I went on this for acne, and it worked the first go around, I stopped for like 6-9 months and then went back on it, and now my face is completely dried out everyday, I'm bloated, finding myself completely emotional about things I would never find upsetting, depressed and now I'm bleeding at random times and does not regulate my period. A big no from me."

Sml456 February 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I hated Junel Fe 1.5/30. Horrible chin acne and oily skin, and even worse mood swings. my sex drive stayed normal and I still had a desire to have sex, but the pill is not worth it for how depressed it made me"

bribri7 January 23, 2017