User Reviews for Gildess Fe 1.5 / 30

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 162 medications

4.5
Summary of Gildess Fe 1.5/30 reviews 30 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Gildess Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "Got switched to this one from Microgestin when I switched from my online pharmacy to Publix. Yikes! It wreaked havoc on my health: IBS, hair loss, loss of metabolic flexibility, low energy, weight gain (2 lbs, but it still makes a different on my 5'3" frame)... instead of enjoying my workouts (I'm a gym rat), I was merely going through the motions. My workout intensity decreased dramatically because it was too uncomfortable to push to my usual intensity. I was reluctant to attribute my symptoms to my new pill because the symptoms appeared 1 month after the switch from Microgestin. Still tried switching back and am so glad that I did. I am back to normal within a week. YAY!"

Veggies (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

For Birth Control "Gildess Fe 1.5/30 has been nothing but a positive experience for me. I started on 1/20 and had random spotting through the month, but when I bumped up to 1.5/30 it was fixed right away. I used to suffer from extreme emotional break downs during my period and such heavy bleeding that I literally could not leave the house for 3 days. With the first month of Gildess, my period was "normal" and now after 3 years of use I get very light periods for less than a day and little to no cramping and no other adverse side effects. I never gained weight, never struggled with acne, or had any other issues. The only reason I rate it 9/10 is because sometimes I feel like my sex drive is lower at times. Never got pregnant."

Anastasia8851 July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 years to great success. I started on the lowest dose and there was a difficult adjustment period, and I continued to experience breakthrough bleeding even after the other symptoms subsided. I was bumped up to 1.5/30 and it's been smooth sailing ever since! I started the pill exclusively for birth control, but its had the wonderful side effect of helping with my once very heavy and PMS-driven periods. I no longer experience ANY PMS, bleed lighter and for shorter periods, and only experience very mild cramps on occasion. Other than that, the only side effect I have is breast tenderness, but this is few and far between."

Dezey (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for two months and it does it's job, but honestly I'm miserable. My skin cleared up almost immediately, and I feel that I've lost weight (maybe that's just how my body looks because my hips and boobs filled out). It seems like every other week, however, and especially the first week of a new pack, my mood swings are a bitch. Since I started this pill, I've fought my boyfriend almost twice a week. We've almost ended it multiple times, but we know that it's just the pill. I'm switching off this week because I'm tired of hurting my loved ones. I only got really emotional and bipolar the week after I started taking this. This pill just isn't right for me. The pain I'm causing others isn't worth my clear skin and weight loss."

AngryWhopper (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

For Acne "I love gildess! I've been on spironolactone and two topicals and then later solodyn for acne. I had good results, but I finally decided to try this. I have only had one pimple since taking gildess, and it was minor. I'm so glad I started this medication! I have had sort of weird periods since I've started it is the only downside, but I'm on month three and the doctor said that can happen for the first three months anyway. I highly recommend gildess! I'm a 25 year old female who has been struggling with acne for at least 12 years, and I've tried other birth controls for acne as well."

Eve2591 April 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 35 years old and am taking birth control for the first time in my life. This is week 3 on this pill. At first I was excited because my dr said it will not only protect me from getting pregnant but also increase my breast size and hair growth. But after 3 weeks on this pill, I'm ready to throw in the towel. Yes my breast increased in size but my mood swings are getting the best of me. I'm constantly irritable, tired and am experiencing food cravings. I'm very active, workout 6 days a week. I'm very strict with my diet. However, after starting these pills I'm constantly hungry, have no discipline and I've gained 6 lbs. I'm sure a lot is water weight but the mood swings are just terrible. I'm going to try and stick it out though."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Acne "I've been on this birth control pill since August 2014 and I will be stopping March 2016. I wanted to give it a fair shot to help my acne but I'm now making a change to ortho tri-cylen. It didn't help my face, in fact, I think I just had a horrible breakout when I first started taking this pill and it went away but just last month I was terrorized by a wave of cystic acne on my cheeks so it's time to move on to something else. Although it didn't help my face, it essentially cleared my BACK. Unfortunately I do have hyper pigmentation from all the acne that was once there but that's better than having red/yellow, bumpy crocodile skin on my back. I am 115lbs right now and went up to 129lbs when I first started taking the pill."

hopeless acne problems (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I had a horrible experience on this pill. I was previously taking lo loestrin, which I loved, but I switched insurance and my new insurance refused to cover it. I was put on this pill instead. I immediately started having intense mood swings and would cry randomly for no reason. I also became very depressed to the point that I started calling in sick to work. I was also breaking out horribly all the time and had terrible nausea. Then my periods stopped completely and I began to have abdominal pain. My doctor suspected it was the pill and offered to switch me to a new one. I decided to stop the pill and got an IUD instead. Much better. The only good thing I have to say about this pill is it definitely keeps you from getting pregnant."

Brs - anon (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2016

For Acne "One day in, and I instantly broke out. I've had clear skin for about a year, up until starting the pill. Each day I took the pill I got another red inflamed pimple. Nothing was helping, and it was making me feel uncomfortable. I read that if the acne was to persist it could be up to 3 months before it went away. I stopped taking the pills after 9 days, and almost instantly the redness subsided. It's been 3 days since stopping the pill and my face is more than halfway back to normal. On the other hand, I didn't gain any weight or adopt any mood swings, or bleed - but I was only on it for a week."

findingmolly February 19, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the 3rd pill I've been on, and I have mixed feelings. Simply because I don't get regular periods whatsoever and that is really scary. Other than that it's great."

Francescaaa January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "For the first 3 months it worked but after the 4th and 5th month that had passed it had given horrible side effects such as very bad acne ( I never use to break out) and weight gain of 12 lbs within a month ( I use to be in a healthy weight.) The only pro for this pill is no cramps and lighter period. I am contacting my gyno as soon as possible to get off this horrible pill."

Cassie S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2015

For Acne "I've only been on this bc for a few months now. My doctor switched me from tri-sprintec to gildess to help with my acne. Although it has yet to clear up my face, that seems to be the only problem that I have with this pill. After my first month my period became non existent which had me very worried at first since the doc failed to mention that. But now I'm okay-ish with it. I wish I had it to know about pregnancy but I can't say that I miss it. Thus: Pros--no period, no weight gain or loss, not pregnant yet (using other protection about 60%of the time), no decrease in sex drive, no crazy side effects Cons--no period, some headaches"

Lexington5652 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Everything was all good until the 5 month I've been bleeding for 2 months now off and on. Some spotting mostly had break though bleeding. I had to switch asap. Never been on a birth control pill that made me bleed its annoying..."

slimsweety81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had a horrible experience with this birth control. It was my first time going on birth control so my doctor recommended gildess. I gained over 20 pounds in 5 months. I had a decrease in sex drive. I also had horrible mood swings, not just while I was pms'ing but all the time. I actually just stopped taking birth control because I hated the way it made me feel. If anyone has any recommendations for me that will make me feel a little better, I would appreciate it. this was the worst birth control though."

Gabbyyyy November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my third birth control I didn't ask for the changes they just happened! But this one I love b4 taking birth control I had period for 5 days and they were very heavy which totally sucked. Then I got on birth control and it slowed them down to eventually 3 days very light periods and now I don't even have a period at all! It kinda worried me at first not having a period but I took a test to confirm I wasn't and sure enough NOT PREGNANT! This is my second week not having a period and I've been on this pill for about 7 months! I like having no period but it does stress me out a little"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control a little over two years ago based on the fact that I was moving in with my boyfriend and figured it was the smart thing to do. Now after a recent break up I'm starting to question if it's really worth it. I've always had irregular, lengthy, very painful periods and this pill drastically shortened my periods and regulated them my cramps have gotten worse if anything. My skin is clear but I had taken accutane at 17 so I should probably be thanking that hell of a pill for that. Those are probably my only pros. Cons include: weight gain, constant bloating, hair loss, migraines, breast sagging, zero sex drive, no energy, down mood. I think writing this answered my question, I'm stopping at the end of the month"

maddiecorinne (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control is AWFUL. My boobs hurt literally all of the time. My face is constantly breaking out and I'm gaining a lot of weight. (Could be hormonal but none of the other birth control I've been on have done this). My cramps are terrible and my period is light."

Swhite512 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have read all these reviews and I am jealous that all of you experienced weight loss! I have experienced weight GAIN but that could also be because I only have a period once every three months (with PMS and some spotting in between). But I LOVE the control this pill gives me! I have been on it since my manufacturer changed it from Microgestin Fe, but it's okay! It feels good to me. I have a lot of unprotected sex and it's nice to know when I start spotting a little that it's okay. I GET NO CRAMPS! Because of my cervical inversion, it is MISERABLE for me to have a period every month. This pill lets me go as long as I want until I want to have one! I just have to be very sensitive and careful, and this pill helps me so much."

taylor72293 August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill has been a real terror for me as far as breakthrough bleeding. Lately I'm on my "period" more often than not.... I have the worst PMS symptoms. I ignored it the first several months but I'm going on my 8th month now and so Ive given up hope. Onto the next one!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18. I've been on this pill for 5 months and I am switching as soon as possible. This pill causes me to have intense cramps. Not just while I'm on my period, but all month long. They are so painful I have to lay down in a fetal position until they stop, which is usually 15-30 minutes. Besides the extreme pain, I also experienced bad mood swings. The week before and the week I'm on my period I am a raging animal. It is very hard to control. I've used several other birth control pills in the past two years but I have never experienced PMS like this before."

Brookelaurel May 10, 2015

For Acne "Still feeling the terrible cramps. Has lightened my acne and helped me lose weight."

Castillo R. April 13, 2015

For Birth Control "Gildess obviously works, I experienced no weight gain and shorter lighter periods. My sex drive has decreased very badly, and I have been experiencing awful mood swings that are really starting to impact my day to day life and I am switching immediately."

Llia (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost a year now and it's great. I'm 18, this is my first pill, so I have nothing to. Before I started this I had a period maybe every 3-6 months. My doctor said it's because I am so active. Now I get my period every month and have found that my mood has gotten much better. Before I used to be very somber and now I am a lot happier. I still have acne, most likely because I am still a teen. However I do find it strange that my breasts fluctuate in size every month. Usually a week and a half before I get my period they get a lot fuller. I have noticed weight loss, and am quite happy with it. Overall this is a great pill, plus I don't mind the unprotected sex."

Steelegirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Gianvi before which gave me HORRIBLE mood swings, I put on weight, and I had my period every day. I was then switched to Gildess Fe and I love it. My weight went down and it's east for me to lose weight. I don't really have junk cravings, and I don't get my period. The first month of taking this medicine I spotted every day, but by the second pack all my spotting was gone. Definitely would recommend this medicine."

Sal 19371 September 9, 2014

For Birth Control "So far I am extremely impressed! After beginning birth control on Reclipsen (the worst pill in the world) I began Gildess because my friend used it and claimed she actually lost weight! So I gave it a try. Weight loss did in fact occur. The junk food cravings that I had accumulated because of Reclipsen subsided quickly and my appetite has gone way down. I only get hungry about once a day. My severe cystic back acne is gone. GONE. It just vanished with this pill. My face cleared up a little as well and the overall texture of my skin is improved. Softer, smaller pores, clearer. NOW THE CONS: Nausea for the first 3 weeks. spotting for the first month. I'm a little more emotional but it's controllable. I really do recommend this pill."

givenitatry July 10, 2014