User Reviews for Trivora

Trivora has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings on Drugs.com. 47% of those users who reviewed Trivora reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
6.4
Endometriosis  Off-label
Summary of Trivora reviews 6.5 19 reviews

Reviews for Trivora

Lana July 31, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill made me severely sick.. I couldn't move without vomiting”

nickname · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “On Trivora I had NAUSEA -- ALL DAY EVERY DAY. MAJOR MOODINESS. This pill made me miserable.”

RR · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “Horrible for me. I encountered weight gain, severe acne, and breast tenderness. I ended up switching to another birth control and had no issues afterwards.”

Anonymous February 19, 2009

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Trivora for a couple of years now. It's great except I have an EXTREMELY noticeable decrease in sex drive. There is a huge difference between the three weeks I'm taking active pills and the one week that I'm not. Then again... Maybe that's just me. Kind of a catch 22, isn't it? If I wanted my normal sex drive back, I'd have to go off of the pill.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2016

For Birth Control: “I recently stopped taking trivora after using it for 2 years. It gave me a reoccuring bacterial vagenosis and a yeast infection. It also made my anxiety really bad and gave me mild depression. I also gained a lot of weight on the pill throughout the years. It was really effective in preventing pregnancy though, I was having unprotected sex with a partner for a year and did not get pregnant. Although I would say all the cons outweigh the pros. Would not recommend this drug for the reason being mental sanity.”

Anonymous November 13, 2008

For Birth Control: “This birth control may not work for everyone but it worked for me. I was having terrible cramps and after taking trivora they were much better. I also did not notice any changes in my mood like I had with other types of birth control.”

Anonymous January 18, 2009

For Birth Control: “I've been taking this medication for two and a half years now- with no ill side effects other than slight decrease in sex drive. It has significantly reduced menstrual cramps, so ibuprofen is only needed occasionally. Light cramps occur a day or two before my period, followed by light to moderate cramps on the first day. No change in appetite, or increase in headaches. Most of all, it's effective.”

redlay November 16, 2007

For Birth Control: “so far this is my first month to take this type of birth control pills. I'm hoping that I don't experience any side effects, any of the bad ones. I used to take birth control pills years ago and my blood pressure was high so the doctor took me off. I hope that this type of pill will do the job for me. will keep up to date on the progress”

Allyson Y · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 15, 2016

For Birth Control: “Been on this birth control since I was 17. I'm 23 now. Never had any bad side effects. The reason I began taking it is I used to have unbearable cramps every month that would keep me in bed. If I started my period at school or work, I had to go home because it was so intense. I was recommended to try birth control pills because of it. I also have not gotten pregnant with my long term relationship boyfriend. Works great for me!”

Gabby Appleton February 25, 2008

“I have been on this pill for almost a month now. I don't really like it that much because of the side effects ive been having. Its also the first time that i have ever been on birth control. Im hoping that it will get better.”

TJhair · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2015

For Birth Control: “Trivora was very effective in preventing pregnancy. However almost immediately after I began pack 1 I experienced yeast infections due to the high levels of hormones. The symptoms went away once I took some over the counter creams. I'm currently on the end of pack 3 and I'm getting off of this pill because I've experienced bloating, stomach cramps and really really bad GAS! I've never had a gas problem until I began trivora. So this gas cramping occurs during random times daily.. And it's a problem! So I can't wait to try something different.”

arydayy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2016

For Birth Control: “first birth control ... I've had no side effects, but I do have change in emotions really quick but other then that it's all good actually increase my sex drive... haven't gotten pregnant to weight gain and no acne just really emotional”

racecardrivergirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I started taking this birth control when I was 17 and it really changed my life. Before I started taking it I had horrible cramps right when my period started that would keep my in bed. I also had horrible PMS and would gain so much water weight before my period (up to five pounds). My PMS would also last up to week. I think it did an excellent job of leveling out my hormones throughout the month. Although I did still have minor PMS symptoms they were not nearly as bad as before I started the pill. Anyways, I recently had to go off the Trivora because I have been experiencing minor hive breakouts in the week leading up to my period, (so the doctors are trying to figure out if it has to do with the pill, or if another pill would help me more with this). However, we have not figured it out yet. If I can't find another pill that works for me I would definitely consider going back on Trivora again.”

Keri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 15, 2018

For Birth Control: “I started Trivora about 8 months ago and it works very very well especially in preventing pregnancy however I am taking it more so to help control my horomones and periods which is doing exactly that. The bad side is the yeast infections and increases in anxiety which I am now taking medicine for.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2018

For Birth Control: “I had to take trivora because my hormones were out of whack and my period didn’t happen for three months because of it. The first month I took trivora I got my period back and it’s been good to me for the past 7 months. My period changed to be even lighter with almost no cramps but I didn’t have a troubled period before. Would recommend. No noticeable side effects besides getting extremely emotional before my period”

Anon · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “At first I liked this pill. It gave me boobs and kept me from getting pregnant. About a year in I started getting recurrent UTIs that I later discovered were caused by recurrent BV and yeast infections that I should not have been having. I'm now having intense mood swings I've never experienced and find myself feeling out of breath hopeless, a depressing feeling I've never had before. I also had zero vaginal moisture while taking it and had frequent random spotting. I stopped taking it yesterday and made an appointment to switch forms.”

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2018

“Horrible birth control. Made me literally insane, crying everyday for several hours and becoming angry over minor things. Also gave me horrible acne. I am switching back to my old pill immediately. Beware when taking!”

Lisa · Taken for 10 years or more August 6, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on trivora since I was 16 years old and I’m now 33 years old. In which, I haven’t experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I would highly recommend trivora.”

Anonymous January 28, 2009

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Trivora for over a year and it is wonderful. I have experienced no negative side effects. I would recommend it because it works beautifully for me.”

Anonymous November 30, 2015

For Birth Control: “Horrible side effects, gave me acne, a lot of bloating, nauseous, migraine and water retention. I gain 10 pounds using it. I don't recommend it.”

Sarah474 January 10, 2016

For Birth Control: “HATE IT! I've been in this medicine for 3 months now and I've balled like a baby everyday. I feel like I have no control over my emotions. I do not recommend to any female!”